American and Cuban flags in the Littl...

American and Cuban flags in the Little Havana neighborhood of Miami.

There are 5 comments on the WGBH story from Nov 16, 2012, titled American and Cuban flags in the Little Havana neighborhood of Miami.. In it, WGBH reports that:

For those reading tea leaves from the presidential election, here's something else to digest from the swing state of Florida: There are signs that the long relationship between politically active Cuban-Americans and the Republican Party is beginning to fray.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGBH.

Dan Salazar

Long Beach, CA

#1 Nov 17, 2012
Sad for Florida. The same epidemic of self loathing overcame California voters when they began supporting the Devils Partnership between Public Sector Unions and the UnionCrat politicians. Now the pathetic but, oh so Progressive, Blue State is $500 BILLION in Debt.

A terrible thing for voters to do to their own children.

“Fred Scuttle 4 Prez.”

Since: Feb 08

Miami

#2 Nov 17, 2012
The brave brave Cubans so bravely ran away.
Gitano

Hollywood, FL

#3 Nov 18, 2012
taroB wrote:
The brave brave Cubans so bravely ran away.
“The real cowards were the people who ran from the good fight with Fidel Castro. The real Cuban patriots...either died fighting Castro or still are in Cuba fighting for freedom,” and he said,“The motto during our American Revolution was,‘Give me liberty or give me death.’ To too many Cubans,” he added,“the motto was ‘Give me liberty or give me Miami.’”

http://www.popularsovranty.org/mdc.shtml
Gitano

Hollywood, FL

#4 Nov 18, 2012
Dan Salazar wrote:
Sad for Florida. The same epidemic of self loathing overcame California voters when they began supporting the Devils Partnership between Public Sector Unions and the UnionCrat politicians. Now the pathetic but, oh so Progressive, Blue State is $500 BILLION in Debt.
A terrible thing for voters to do to their own children.
The older Miami Cubans have close to an assembly line of corrupt and self serving "republicans" .

"The Cuban community that doesn’t care about corruption when it casts its vote was critically portrayed by most leading city columnists and others, Cuban and otherwise. Robert Steinback, a Black Miami Herald columnist, said the Cuban community is gullible. Liz Balmaseda calls it “a knee-jerk majority” that would elect a hamster wearing a Cuba Libre T-shirt, and,“They only cared that he was Cuban.”

http://www.popularsovranty.org/mdc.shtml

The MAFIA from NY would have run this place better and stolen less than the majority of those so called Miami Cuban "Republicans" they elected.

NEVER use the words republican or democrate here because as a whole it is just a tittle for self serving disasters.
This is third world political standards.

Your version of a republican and the Miami Cuban version are not the same.

This was written by a conservative and 100% true -

"Cubanomics "
Preferential treatment of friends and colleagues; appointing them to positions of power has been a political mainstay and is as old as democracy itself. Cubans, however, have taken cronyism to a level that few American-born politicians dare to tread. Their grip on Miami politics, thanks to the arrival of the Marielitos in the 80’s, gave Cuban politicians a sense of omnipotence—enabling them to operate with relative impunity.

Government corruption, mismanagement, police misconduct, election fraud, theft and ethics violations seem to be standard operating procedure in city hall. Add Medicare fraud disproportionately committed by Cubans, these and other crimes cost American taxpayers billions. For over 30 years, the Cubans have been plundering South Florida because of America’s shortsighted, self-serving political policies and inept law enforcement."

http://www.thefloridacitizen.com/cuddled-cuba...

BTW The same applies to the vast majority of "democrat" politicians in the Miami Black community.
Angelica

Miami, FL

#5 Apr 8, 2013
I see a lot of judge-mental white people. I'd like to know what you'd do if you were in the shoes of Cuban's, probably the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min lightbeamrider 52,437
News GOP senators recommend criminal probe of 'Steel... 7 min Red Crosse 24
News The Government Will Almost Certainly Shut Down ... 24 min cscx-fsms-mvmst 23
News Senate blocks short-term spending bill; governm... 25 min Passing Thru 2
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 26 min Passing Thru 16,242
News Conservatives balk at GOP plan to avert governm... 31 min spud 101
News Undocumented immigrants, protesters hold rally ... 31 min tronic 3
More from around the web