Farm bill on hold while House tries a...

Farm bill on hold while House tries again on food stamp cuts

There are 3 comments on the Reuters story from Jul 25, 2013, titled Farm bill on hold while House tries again on food stamp cuts. In it, Reuters reports that:

The Republican-controlled House will try to cut billions of dollars from the food stamp program before negotiating an overall farm bill with the Senate, the House majority leader said on Thursday two months before the current farm law expires.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#2 Jul 26, 2013
No mention of teabaggers cutting subsidies for multi-national corporate agri-business.

Just a lifeline in some cases for Americans.

"Some Republicans would cut food stamps by more than $100 billion over 10 years and tighten eligibility rules".

So....teabaggers are going to cut off the associates that work at Walmart?
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#3 Jul 26, 2013
How much is the bill cutting from agribusiness subsidies? How much are Republicans cutting from subsidies to Big Energy or the military industrial complex?

No way poor people get cut first. To hell with that. Keep tossing the bill back into their faces until they accept that.
HUH

Faribault, MN

#4 Jul 26, 2013
Notice all the GOP wants to cut is food to the poor...Now the part of budget that gives more money to rich big companies they all agree with....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 min Cecil 16,020
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 14 min One way or another 205,196
News Backlash for Trump after he lashes out at the M... 18 min Captain Yesterday 1,063
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min Go TRUMP 239,691
News US election so nuts I just might win, Libertari... 38 min Le Jimbo 2
News Trump campaign says it doesn't want support fro... 48 min Lawrence Wolf 6
News Trump on Chicago shooting: 'Just what I have be... 48 min Le Jimbo 10
More from around the web