Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: Wall Street Journal 66,349

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Full Story
Truth

Rome, GA

#68472 Jul 15, 2013
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>I hope I didn't leave you with the impression that I felt that Zimmerman should have waited until he was unconscious to defend himself, obviously that could be suicidal. I was pointing out that perhaps Zimmerman thought at any moment he could pass out from the blows he was receiving and then knew instantly that he could then possibly be killed with his own weapon, so he simply shot Trayvon Martin to make sure he survived.
We are on the same page. It's apparent that some of the morons on here don't understand that it only takes one good slam to render you unconscious. If he would have waited for one more it could have been to late.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#68475 Jul 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
He matched the description of suspects. You seem to know little about the case. Not surprised.
George knew the suspect was in jail and had been there for 3 weeks.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#68476 Jul 15, 2013
yeah wrote:
zimmerman
Not everyone with PCP in his bloodstream, carrying bolt cutters, moving with stealth in a neighborhood not his own. Is up to no good, in this case, he may have been.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68477 Jul 15, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>George knew the suspect was in jail and had been there for 3 weeks.
LOL. LOL. You're lies are irrelevant to the case. By the way did you know he was NOT GUILTY?
Truth

Rome, GA

#68478 Jul 15, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>George knew the suspect was in jail and had been there for 3 weeks.
What is the hardest to accept? The fact that Zimmerman was proven not guilty or the fact that Martin was proven to be a thug and the aggressor during the trial?
Chalice

Alice, TX

#68482 Jul 15, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Are we sure Ted Turner still own's CNN and HLN???...just sayin.....
No. He sold to AOL and for a while the company name was AOL Time Warner but they must have got fed up with his liberal ass too. He is no longer a big wig involved with its running. In short, it's minions who worship his liberal ass calling the shots now.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68483 Jul 15, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Trayvon Martin was being followed and harrassed by some crazed wet-back. He was the one with the right to stand his ground. The INS should check into Zimmerman's immigration status.
Anyone know what the toxicology report on Zimmerman showed? Did they even bother?
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68485 Jul 15, 2013
Residents of other states don't know what is going on with the stand your ground law in Florida.

Liberal judges don't support it so they are interpreting it as liberally as possible to discredit it.

Conservative judges support it so they are interpreting it as liberally as possible to the advantage of the gun owners.

Sanity has left the building.

To promote their agenda, both sides have decided to ignore over 400 years of jurisprudence.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68490 Jul 15, 2013
endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
obviously nothing to see. try again.
The question is whether or not they even tried to obtain that information.

If they didn't, they ignored standard investigative procedures.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68491 Jul 15, 2013
I think those female jurists didn't like the judge.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68494 Jul 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it because they didn't wipe your chin? By the way did you hear he was found NOT GUILTY.
One more time. A finding of not guilty in a court of law is not proof of innocence.

Location hidden

#68495 Jul 15, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone know what the toxicology report on Zimmerman showed? Did they even bother?
His daddy talked them out of doing a tox screen. He was shit faced though and on heavy duty meds that should not be mixed with alcohol.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68496 Jul 15, 2013
The odds of pulling off a 90 degree angle shot thru the heart when two persons are on the ground struggling one on top of the other are about the same the odds of winning the lottery. Maybe even worse.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#68497 Jul 15, 2013
Buffalo Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
So how's old Karl doing these days there, Sven?
He still mad at the world?... still digging through garbage cans?
He still routin' through the sh!t?...envious of those who work?
Still got the same old cardboard box in the alley?
Rats!
he`s dead..so its kind of hard for him to talk
Mem

Schenectady, NY

#68498 Jul 15, 2013
hmm wrote:
so many things could have been different that night. I wish George Zimmerman had stayed in his car and not followed Trayvon but I also wish that Trayvon had just walked home and ignored George. Both could have done things very differently.
Exactly

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#68499 Jul 15, 2013
But Hitler wasnt to happy with him..so i like him even more
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68500 Jul 15, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
His daddy talked them out of doing a tox screen. He was shit faced though and on heavy duty meds that should not be mixed with alcohol.
If no toxicology screening was done on Zimmerman, the Martin family has a very good civil case against the Sanford PD.

Negligence for failing to follow standard investigative procedures.

Of course, they have that on several other mistakes as well.

Location hidden

#68501 Jul 15, 2013
RayOne wrote:
<quoted text>Not everyone with PCP in his bloodstream, carrying bolt cutters, moving with stealth in a neighborhood not his own. Is up to no good, in this case, he may have been.
Lying POS.

Location hidden

#68502 Jul 15, 2013
RayOne wrote:
<quoted text>I thought that the DeadAmbassador, from the BenghaziDECEPTION was the gay one?
The industrial screwdriver and bolt cutters were something Everyone carries late at night in a strange neighborhood.
Lying POS.

Location hidden

#68503 Jul 15, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that the prosecution couldn't overcome the reasonable doubt condition. I don't have any proof one way or another. We may never know.
We do know that if Zimmerman had stayed in his vehicle and not chased Trayvon down, Trayvon would never have had to defend himself and would never have been murdered in cold blood.

Zimmerman had the right to defend himself. Trayvon did not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min American Lady 165,560
FAA nears long-awaited drone rules, but key dec... 42 min sandy1 2
Protesters: "Not the time" to change Cuba relat... 52 min barefoot2626 129
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr dirtclod 134,519
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 1 hr scirocco 286
US to start talks with Cuba to normalize full d... 3 hr Cat74 156
'Excuse Me' Biden headlines top political gaffe... 3 hr Cat74 24
More from around the web