Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66323 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Weatherbrain

Stillwater, OK

#68517 Jul 15, 2013
cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fat Al"???Well he used to be..Notice that his head is still huge even though he has "Sammy Davis" body? Wait...Naw, Sammy Davis was Cool...
Al got skinny and mean instead of being 'Fat and Funny'...
But he still has a fat head--on which "Tawana Brawley" should be permanently tattooed.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#68518 Jul 15, 2013
Toby wrote:
If you are armed and someone pins you down and starts beating on you, at what point do you have the constitutional right to shoot them, that's the question? Adequate force in line with self defense is commonly accepted, however what leads me to believe that Zimmerman didn't believe that Martin would perhaps knock him out and disarm him, then the question in Zimmerman's mind would have been, will he then shoot me with my own gun?
When Zimmerman told Trayvon he was going to shoot him Trayvon probably panicked and shoved him down, meanwhile screaming for help. They were not near concrete, the concrete Zimmerman was so afraid of.

Location hidden

#68520 Jul 15, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a fcuking idiot, a toxicology report is not done unless there is obvious drug use. Fact is that during the post they found pot in Martin's blood stream. Now, please quote the departmental policy or general order that would require that toxicology report.
Not true. In a shooting death a tox screen is routine. SOP.

Location hidden

#68522 Jul 15, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
god I just read where the majority of the jurors thought he was guilty... that's what you get in the racist bigot south
I think the attorney's wife talked them into voting not guilty.

A murdering mad man is on the streets again with his gun. He will do it again.

Florida is the laughing stock of the nation once again.

Location hidden

#68530 Jul 15, 2013
FUNNY wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you also noticed that most all the trash have accounts and hundreds or thousands of posts ?
If topix paid these losers a penny for each post, they'd have crack for years, if they can moderate it.
You have the most posts and the most names. That's why you don't register and let people count your posts.
Law Abiding Patriot

United States

#68531 Jul 15, 2013
Antonio | 9 hrs ago
You won't recognize me. My name was Antonio West and I was the 13-month old white child who was shot at point blank range by two black teens who were attempting to rob my mother, who was also shot. A Grand Jury of my mommy's peers from Brunswick GA determined the teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty...too bad I was given a death sentence for being innocent and defenseless.

My family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder was not ruled a Hate Crime. Nor did President Obama take so much as a single moment to acknowledge my murder.

I am one of the youngest murder victims in our great Nation's history, but the media doesn't care to cover the story of my tragic demise, President Obama has no children who could possibly look like me - so he doesn't care and the media doesn't care because my story is not interesting enough to bring them ratings so they can sell commercial time slots.

There is not a white equivalent of Al Sharpton because if there was he would be declared racist, so there is no one rushing to Brunswick GA to demand justice for me. There is no White Panther party to put a bounty on the lives of those who murdered me. I have no voice, I have no representation and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller - I no longer have my life.

So while you are seeking justice for Treyvon, please remember to seek justice for me too. Tell your friends about me, tell you families, get tee shirts with my face on them and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Treyvon.

Thank you.

I have read most of the posts on this forum and I find that this one moves me the most. Where is the outrage on this tragedy? I happen to live very close to where this occurred and there has been little to no media coverage of this horrific incident. I happen to know about it because I am in law enforcement (not in this particular jurisdiction though).
I have read post after post about race baiting, the LSM, and politics in this forum; however, I believe that if you would look into this case, the outrage most of you have shown for the way the Zimmerman trial and case has been handled, will be doubled or tripled when you look at this. There is all this talk about politicians getting involved in the trayvon case, but in this case a local politician was nearly charged and arrested for telling the family of the accused how to dispose of the murder weapon. Outraged yet? There is more, don't take my word for it, I implore you to look into it and make up your own minds.

And for whoever posted this, it nearly brought tears to my eyes.
Real Stupid Liberals

Eureka, CA

#68533 Jul 15, 2013
<quoted text>I think big mean looking black men should follow zipperman everywhere he goes hoping he will react so they to can legally defend themselves and shoot hi azz to death
That would be a crime of murder 1. You are asking for the death of a person, so you are inciting this action. Your IP has been noted. The Attorney General has a record of your intentions.
Law Abiding Patriot

United States

#68538 Jul 15, 2013
<quoted text>stupid that hasn't even gone top trial yet s save your drama till after the case... bet you your life they get convicted unlike zipperhead... so stfu
Very mature, I guess I shouldn't try to sensationalize this case before it it goes to trial, I mean at least the Zimmerman case wasn't sensationalized....right?

You are a fountain of compassion!
Old south ways are best

Alice, TX

#68539 Jul 15, 2013
Real Stupid Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be a crime of murder 1. You are asking for the death of a person, so you are inciting this action. Your IP has been noted. The Attorney General has a record of your intentions.
I don't think she can help herself. She has added nothing substantial to this forum since the day she trolled in. Just a bitter, miserable, unimportant, lonely loser seeking attention the only way it can. In all truth it's probably not a she. Most likely an acne prone, morbidly obese, sexually confused loser. It's only goal is to find someone, anyone to argue with. I've decided to ignore it. PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLL!

Old south ways are best -
Chalice

Location hidden

#68540 Jul 15, 2013
Buffalo Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah!...One of your typical responses.
1). Attack the poster.
2). Lie.
3). Attack the police.
4). Attack Zimmerman.
What a woeful diatribe.
Zimmerman was found NOT GUILTY!
Accept it and move on or else show us all what a spoiled little hateful brat you really are.
Ah!...One of your typical responses.

1). Attack the poster.

2). Lie.

3). Attack Blacks.

4). Attack Trayvon.

What a woeful diatribe.

I'll show what a spoiled little hateful brat I really am.

Location hidden

#68541 Jul 15, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you feel so inferior to black people?
Because he knows he is inferior.
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

#68542 Jul 15, 2013
Law Abiding Patriot wrote:
Antonio | 9 hrs ago
You won't recognize me. My name was Antonio West and I was the 13-month old white child who was shot at point blank range by two black teens who were attempting to rob my mother, who was also shot. A Grand Jury of my mommy's peers from Brunswick GA determined the teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty...too bad I was given a death sentence for being innocent and defenseless.
My family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder was not ruled a Hate Crime. Nor did President Obama take so much as a single moment to acknowledge my murder.
I am one of the youngest murder victims in our great Nation's history, but the media doesn't care to cover the story of my tragic demise, President Obama has no children who could possibly look like me - so he doesn't care and the media doesn't care because my story is not interesting enough to bring them ratings so they can sell commercial time slots.
There is not a white equivalent of Al Sharpton because if there was he would be declared racist, so there is no one rushing to Brunswick GA to demand justice for me. There is no White Panther party to put a bounty on the lives of those who murdered me. I have no voice, I have no representation and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller - I no longer have my life.
So while you are seeking justice for Treyvon, please remember to seek justice for me too. Tell your friends about me, tell you families, get tee shirts with my face on them and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Treyvon.
Thank you.
I have read most of the posts on this forum and I find that this one moves me the most. Where is the outrage on this tragedy? I happen to live very close to where this occurred and there has been little to no media coverage of this horrific incident. I happen to know about it because I am in law enforcement (not in this particular jurisdiction though).
I have read post after post about race baiting, the LSM, and politics in this forum; however, I believe that if you would look into this case, the outrage most of you have shown for the way the Zimmerman trial and case has been handled, will be doubled or tripled when you look at this. There is all this talk about politicians getting involved in the trayvon case, but in this case a local politician was nearly charged and arrested for telling the family of the accused how to dispose of the murder weapon. Outraged yet? There is more, don't take my word for it, I implore you to look into it and make up your own minds.
And for whoever posted this, it nearly brought tears to my eyes.
Hey ZAZZ, what no compassion for the kid in the baby buggy? No stupid racist rants about an unfair system? No boohoo for a baby but lots of tears for a 17 year old wantabe gangster. Your a worthless piece of ghetto crap. Be sure to look in the mirror, what you see is just what you are and will always be.

Toby

Portland, OR

#68543 Jul 15, 2013
god I just read where the majority of the jurors thought he was guilty... that's what you get in the racist bigot south
That's not really true, when they first went into deliberations three of the jurist were for acquittal, one was for second-degree murder and two were for the manslaughter charge. As the Jurist began to review the evidence with more scrutiny all the jurist eventually determined that Zimmerman probably was fearful that he might lose his life. That is what several jurist have now reported, but their names have been protected.

If three of the six jurist went into deliberations believing he was not guilty that certainly isn't a majority of the jurist believing he was guilty, and be realistic, at best it was a hung jury from the start of the deliberations. Two of the three who initially felt he was guilty also though it wasn't premeditated murder but that Zimmerman overreacted and used too much force.

I always have said that if they would have given the jury more options like a reckless endangerment charge, he would probably be looking at one or two years right now,but when the prosecution went for all or nothing , they lost.
Toby

Portland, OR

#68544 Jul 15, 2013
When you double down and put all your eggs into one basket, you don't get to complain when you lose it all. Manslaughter and second degree murder was a real long shot considering that the only two eyewitnesses said they saw Trayvon Martin on top of Zimmerman, and that leaves the question, why would Trayvon Martin be the one wailing for help if in fact he was on top of Zimmerman?
Toby

Portland, OR

#68545 Jul 15, 2013
Free stuff at Walmart in south L.A., loot, rob, assault people and do it all in the name of social justice !
Toby

Portland, OR

#68546 Jul 15, 2013
Remember the great Rodney King, the blacks rioted and looted their own black owned stores, murdered, injured, and generally caused carnage in the name of fighting social injustice?

Then their great idolized hero showed his appreciation by living out the rest of his life in a drug and alcohol stupor drowning in his own swimming pool. The next great protest was protesting the arrest of poor old O.J. who after all just butchered two white crackers, remember them gathering on the overpasses with signs that read " We love you O.J.!"

What a hoot
Toby

Portland, OR

#68547 Jul 15, 2013
Think about the O.J. reaction in reverse,imagine whites gathering on overpasses protesting the arrest of a white man who butchered two blacks, how would that go off with the black community?
Toby

Portland, OR

#68548 Jul 16, 2013
Violence in the name of fighting social injustice is just another name for opportunism. Looting, assaulting people, destroying property, murdering people, etc., is totally contradictory behavior, it's like raping people in the name of fighting rape.

Non-violence and peaceful resistance is the way to change social injustice but many times it has absolutely (nothing) to do with bigotry or social injustice, its just a means to wanton behavior with little consequences.
If I Had A Son

Campbellsville, KY

#68549 Jul 16, 2013
This fellow wouldn't touch that Lilith skank...

Before you negroes go out and riot...
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#68551 Jul 16, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the attorney's wife talked them into voting not guilty.
A murdering mad man is on the streets again with his gun. He will do it again.
Florida is the laughing stock of the nation once again.
Ain't no riots here. No sirreee!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Paul Porter1 172,118
News Planned Parenthood seeks fed study of fetal tis... 5 min positronium 218
News Debate illustrates power of Fox News in GOP cam... 7 min LeDuped 11
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min LeDuped 190,691
News Poll: Trump leads Walker, Bush 25 min An NFL Fan 26
News 14 GOP Hopefuls Speak in Trump-Free Forum 1 hr kuda 31
News Fox News announces GOP debate field 2 hr serfs up 8
More from around the web