Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66319 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#63296 Jun 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it is of a FAT SHORT RACIST TURD who flunked out of community college and could get a job as a cop so got a job under the table as a bouncer and got fired from that- a failure who decided the closest he could ever be to being a cop is annoying the loacl PD as a volunteer.
And he couldn't even do THAT right, violating the terms and conditions of the Neighborhood Watch that he pretended to be a "captain" of.
So we have a SHORT fat racist turd who see's a black boy cutting though "HIS" neighborhood and the short fat racist cop wannabe decides **HE** is going to show the local PD how *HE'D* handle it.
And prove all the people who saw him as the unemployed LOSER he was and is wrong.
barefoot2626 is one creepy-ass cracker. It just bothers people when you project ghetto on people when the demoKrats still have you in chains you ignorant idiot.

Ghetto is not a Republican invention you creepy-ass cracker.... Ghetto is a man made demokratic disaster...

It's the culture...
Truth

Rome, GA

#63297 Jun 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>They are the people breaking into homes in that complex. What's wrong with "they?"

Defending oneself with a firearm is not a car accident. Years ago, innocent people felt victimized not only by their assailants, but by the laws as well. If you defended yourself with a firearm, you could face charges for protecting yourself and end up in jail. If you didn't protect yourself, you could be beaten to death or killed.

The outrage of innocent people and concerned politicians changed all that. They began giving more rights to the innocent than the criminal. The results are that gun violence and violent crime in general on a decline since the mid 90s, and continues to decline today.

In my state of Ohio, we recently enacted the Castle Doctrine. Our Castle Doctrine states that you have every right to use deadly force against an intruder. It also protects the homeowner from civil suits. Before our Castle Doctrine, you were obligated to leave your home if there was any escape out of your home when an intruder broke in. If you couldn't leave your home and killed the intruder, you were technically arrested and had to go to court to prove your innocence. Even after that, the family of the intruder could still sue you, or the intruder could sue you if you didn't kill him, or perhaps if he slipped on a rubber ball that your child left in the living room and hurt himself.

The point is you can't penalize people for defending themselves even if they took a life(s). That puts us back at square one where law abiding people are at the disadvantage of the criminal. The bad guys are out to get them, and the good guys are out to get them.
There is obviously criminals on here that want law abiding citizens at a disadvantage.
Truth

Rome, GA

#63298 Jun 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>He was arrested for being a pedophile, he was arrested for shooting this boy in the chest.

As far as being a child molester, we have the word of his cousin and we have his word.

And we are absolutely certain that the pedophile zimmerman is- above all other charges- a liar.

You don't want to pretend he ain't?
Never arrested for a sex crime. Try getting real facts. So far the evidence supports his statement. Think I will go with his word since the evidence fits.
Inspector Beaver

New York, NY

#63299 Jun 29, 2013
Kennny D wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you are the RACIST and I'd imagine, have a 2nd or third grade education from the Klu Klux Klan Elementary School of the Alabama Swamplands ....
From the way you talk / write ; I'm wondering if you have ever held a legal JOB a day in your life , I seriously doubt it ....
Just so you know ; when I was working with the churches ; I NEVER took one dime for any of my services ...
I look at the FACTS in the case ; not just the color of a person's skin ... and like I said before ... IF Mr. Zimmerman had followed the rules and his training ; and did not follow, did not confront, and did not have a loaded weapon ..He would not be on trial today .
lol...I am not a racist, and a real Reverend would never accuse me of being a racist. Your bias in the face of the facts and the evidence that hs been released so far is unquestionable. no reasonable God fearing person would libel an innocent man whose life hangs in the balance by people like Al Sharpton, Rachel Jeantel, Sabrinna Fulton, Benjamin Crump, and the rest of the Black leadership and the bloodsuckers and the lynch mob.

Face it, you are the one who is racist, and vile, and willing to throw an innocent man under the bus because of the overwhelming racism that exists in your congregation,...because all you can do is nurture it...Sure beats working for a living, eh?

You are a coward and an abomination in the eyes of the Lord....and not once have you condemned the overwhelming amount of black on white murder,...yet you focus in on a white man who was defending himself against a brutal attack by a black man and was forced to shoot him in order to save his own life.

But I'm not a cruel cold hearted vindictive person like you are, so I shall pray for the deliverence of your soul.
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#63302 Jun 29, 2013
Check out this blk on wht crime and tell me this sob don't need a bullet?
http://video.foxnews.com/v/2510130453001/do-m...

Since: Jun 13

Carthage, TN

#63303 Jun 29, 2013
Inspector Beaver

New York, NY

#63304 Jun 29, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Check out this blk on wht crime and tell me this sob don't need a bullet?
http://video.foxnews.com/v/2510130453001/do-m...
That is a shocking video and what's really scary is that it could happen anywhere. OMG they got this guy on tape and I bet his supporters will say there still isn't enough evidence! But if she would have pulled out a gun and killed him they'd be calling her the murderer. Same as the ones defending Martin, not a peep about the real perp, just lies and racism....Ef em!
Z walks

United States

#63305 Jun 29, 2013
Just like Joe Horn of Houston Texas,

Justice is served,

Next!
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#63306 Jun 29, 2013
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/29/arrest-m...
Id sure have enjoyed being in this ladys kitchen preparing a couple big ham sandwiches with some bread and butter pickles when this sob kicked the door down. He would be one dead and Id be putting ice cream on my peach cobbler right now.
Long live the NRA!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#63307 Jun 29, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to let the state know because they already said they can't prove Zimmerman started the fight.
They haven't.

Repeating the lie one thousand times doesn't make it true.

I see you are trying out the next thousand times.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#63308 Jun 29, 2013
Inspector Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a shocking video and what's really scary is that it could happen anywhere. OMG they got this guy on tape and I bet his supporters will say there still isn't enough evidence! But if she would have pulled out a gun and killed him they'd be calling her the murderer. Same as the ones defending Martin, not a peep about the real perp, just lies and racism....Ef em!
He was arrested today, they showed police leading him away.....Much as Fox is awful on politics, they deserve credit for staying neutral on this case....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#63309 Jun 29, 2013
Patriot wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013 /06/29/arrest-made-in-nyc-susp ect-in-nj-home-invasion-caught -on-nanny-cam/?test=latestnews
Id sure have enjoyed being in this ladys kitchen preparing a couple big ham sandwiches with some bread and butter pickles when this sob kicked the door down. He would be one dead and Id be putting ice cream on my peach cobbler right now.
Long live the NRA!
Was a time, he'd never made the station....but, the good news was, he would never have commited a crime again....zero taxpayer maintenance.....
DangerousRiteWin gCrusader

Atlanta, GA

#63310 Jun 29, 2013
Patriot wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013 /06/29/arrest-made-in-nyc-susp ect-in-nj-home-invasion-caught -on-nanny-cam/?test=latestnews
Long live the NRA!
She was taken by surprise; we don't know whether there was a gun at the house. I'd like to know what you'd do if an armed thug caught you in the shower or in any compromising position...

_As the economy is getting tighter, expect to see more of that in a suburb near you. And it's always necessary gonna be a Negro attacker nor a White victim; it's more like a class-war-fare....
DangerousRiteWin gCrusader

Atlanta, GA

#63311 Jun 29, 2013
correction:_As the economy is getting tighter, expect to see more of that in a suburb near you. And it's not necessary gonna be always a Negro attacker nor a White victim; it's more like a class-war-fare as governments continue to cut/eleminate social programs for desperate Americans....

And I'm so grateful he did not attempt any sort of sexual assault in front of the toddler....
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#63313 Jun 29, 2013
DangerousRiteWingCrusader wrote:
<quoted text>
She was taken by surprise; we don't know whether there was a gun at the house. I'd like to know what you'd do if an armed thug caught you in the shower or in any compromising position...
_As the economy is getting tighter, expect to see more of that in a suburb near you. And it's always necessary gonna be a Negro attacker nor a White victim; it's more like a class-war-fare....
Im very happy to have the opportunity to address your question. If that sob had walked into my bathroom while I was showering and surprised me the results would most likely shock you. Had my wife watched him go into the bathroom should would have just gotten her ear muffs on and waited if she had that much time. Why? Because Id have reached over the shower head and grabbed my stainless Steel Ruger 44 Magnum turning loose a couple 300 gr Nosler Hollow Points and splattered that black son of a bitch all over the wall. Wanna tap on my shoulder be my goddamn guest! That lady and her husband should seek special counseling for the whole family and as soon as possible sign up with a professional self defense course ran by professional shootists. Im not sure who on the Atlantic Seaborad to recommend. But Im sure there are some adequate professionals available. I will be glad to make a few phone calls for anyone needing such help free of charge and post them here accordingly. I spend a great deal of time out of the country but have admirable contacts.
Cat74

United States

#63316 Jun 29, 2013
We have a couple loud barking dogs, so I would hear if anyone came into the house without an invitation. I would probably shoot first, as soon as I determined it was a stranger, and let God sort it out. There is always a gun within reach, because we go to the range a lot, and are either cleaning them, or hiding them. We used to keep them in a gun club, but since the ghetto has become a shooting gallery in Chicago it is only a matter of time before they branch out into the suburbs.
GZMTM

New Boston, TX

#63318 Jun 29, 2013
GZ words...they always get away with it, I don't care if GZ was defending himself, had he stayed in his car like the 911 operator told him to, he would not have to defend himself. After he find out that Trayvon was a 17 year old child, unarmed, walking home from the store, he did not show nor have any remorse. Made the statement that it was GOD'S will that it happen the way it did. NO, it was GZ will it happen the way it did. What was Trayvon going to do knowing someone was following him, if he was up to no good? GZ knew the STAND YOUR GROUND LAW would protect him. It's hard to believe that the way GZ said Trayvon was beating him and his head was about to exploded, he could get off such an accurate shot. RIGHT IN THE HEART. Tell my wife I shot somebody, no, tell your wife you shot and killed an unarmed 17 year old boy. No, Trayvon was not the suspicious one, the suspicious one was GEORGE ZIMMERMAN
Cat74

United States

#63319 Jun 29, 2013
Unless the State has better witnesses then they have called so far they might as well call a mistrial, and all go home. That Girlfriend was a train wreck. She might as well have testified for the Defense. It would be hard to imagine the Defense calling dumber witnesses then the state has called with the exception of the cop, the last witness.
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#63320 Jun 29, 2013
GZMTM wrote:
GZ words...they always get away with it, I don't care if GZ was defending himself, had he stayed in his car like the 911 operator told him to, he would not have to defend himself. After he find out that Trayvon was a 17 year old child, unarmed, walking home from the store, he did not show nor have any remorse. Made the statement that it was GOD'S will that it happen the way it did. NO, it was GZ will it happen the way it did. What was Trayvon going to do knowing someone was following him, if he was up to no good? GZ knew the STAND YOUR GROUND LAW would protect him. It's hard to believe that the way GZ said Trayvon was beating him and his head was about to exploded, he could get off such an accurate shot. RIGHT IN THE HEART. Tell my wife I shot somebody, no, tell your wife you shot and killed an unarmed 17 year old boy. No, Trayvon was not the suspicious one, the suspicious one was GEORGE ZIMMERMAN
Part by part. First you state you don't care if Zimmerman was defending himself. There we have your whole story in a nutshell but lets go further. You don't know for a fact that if Zimmerman had stayed in his truck if he would've been attacked or not now do you? No you don't. Remorse has nothing to do with self defense. Remorse is an emotion. And has nothing to do with the case. Self defense is a right that every law abiding man woman and child has. Zimmerman has not invoked the stand your ground law because its not necessary in a case of self defense. Should he be declared guilty he can then invoke that law. As well as appeal any verdict. An attacker does not have to be armed to defend yourself. That's the law like it or not. If I was beating you to death would you just allow it or would you do everything in your power to stop the attack as Zimmerman did? As I stated your first sentence answers your problem. Now take that you dimwit and I could've just said GFY! Hahaha All you crime appeasers are all just alike. If he had, If he hadn't blah blah blah. But HELL NO that black thug met up on a man that didn't want to be a victim. And heres another one too!
A great shot

United States

#63321 Jun 29, 2013
GZMTM wrote:
No wasted ammo, no errant rounds.
With the 9 we do recommend double tap, my preference for the 45...

But as the community watch coordinator here in Texas along the border, we prefer the shotgun, and m4...

There is no remorse in winning an altercation. We sometimes are called to satisfy a foolish poor decision.

Next.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 min Brian_G 11,660
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Abe 224,651
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 14 min Chimney1 197,171
News Graham privately urges Republicans to support T... 16 min Ronald 10
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 20 min master plugs pork 8,425
News The Latest: Minister: Slayings of 8 rocked Ohio... 2 hr twinkle twinkle 201
News Judge jails Kentucky clerk for refusing marriag... (Sep '15) 3 hr TheRealDonnieJack 1,063
More from around the web