Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66307 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Pompano Jack

Niceville, FL

#62069 Jun 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
So the answer is NO, you can't.
No, the answer is not no. As I believe I pointed out, a billion is asstes is alot, but well exceeded by major corporations, several of our nations cities (Detroit being the most visible at the moment). Liabilities are the problem...its intuitive, as I stated before. Especially when you toss good money after a lost cause......from an economic standpoint...who would do that?
No Exuses

Columbus, OH

#62071 Jun 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my goodness!
So businesses should never be taxed! They will just pass the costs off to their customers!
Shhhhh Best to remain silent. Open mouth and remove all doubt. LOL You're well past that one.
tyrone

New York, NY

#62072 Jun 23, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Apples and oranges.
What you're talking about is volume profit--not item profit.
If a manufacturer is selling widgets making a $25.00 profit for each one, then it doesn't matter if he sells a hundred widgets or a million. He still wants to make $25.00 per each widget regardless what tax bracket he's in. So if he sells a million and has to pay 10% more in taxes, he either eats that 10% or passes it along. In most cases, he passes it along.
Yo cracker yo gots a orange, eyes spend all mys welfare on dat crack an eyes hungry, if eyes sing swing low sweat chariot wills yo give me dat orange.

eyes sure wish eyes kew where yo live eyes just steal it, us sreggin is best at stealing.
Pompano Jack

Niceville, FL

#62073 Jun 23, 2013
At this point, I would simply ask any young person to review the last 3-4 pages of 2626, and my own of inputs of course. You can either seek to understand the economic constructs that have made this country what it is or you can, as 2626 wrote "I say: turn him/her upside down, shake out his pockets, and see what is in his/her pile." Its your life, its your future.....may you have the pride to press on and get your own palace.
Inspector Jacktov

Chicago, IL

#62074 Jun 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Millionaire- person with assets of $1 million+.
Numbnut- person with 66403+ posts.
Inspector Beaver

Chicago, IL

#62075 Jun 23, 2013
Pompano Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never suggested that business should not be taxed...please go back and survey my inputs to prove me wrong....I'll wait for your evidence.....but in fact, the corporate tax in the US is one of the top rates in the world, if not the highest. So, as taxes go up on business, where do you think the money does come from?
Barefool thinks the rich people will pull it out their ass, or at least that's what he wants them to do,...he just wants a free ride.

You'll never convince this pr!ck of any of the fundamental business principles, or ever get him to grasp any free market economics,...or mathematics,...credit going to the public education system,...among other things,...of course. Don't waste your time trying to convince this retard unless you're on here to develop your comedy / writing skills or take a few shots at the mentally challenged,...like Barefool,...or zazz,...or yeaho,...and that canadian numbnut 'up his own ass.'....wonder where that silly pr!ck's been lately?...maybe he finally melted up there and trickled down the drain.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#62077 Jun 23, 2013
Pompano Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never suggested that business should not be taxed.
I've never suggested individuals should not be taxed.

Gosh... you don't like people dishing out the same stuff you deliver.
Pompano Jack

Niceville, FL

#62078 Jun 23, 2013
Inspector Jacktov wrote:
<quoted text>
Well yeah...thats alot of posting time just to prove he doesn't understand economics at a grade school level and he's rejected the concept of working for a living. Life is short......too short to not feel the whats its like to put in a good day's work.... something its hard if not impossible to explain to the guy... sad mostly.

Location hidden

#62079 Jun 23, 2013
Pompano Jack wrote:
.but in fact, the corporate tax in the US is one of the top rates in the world, if not the highest.
So which is it?

Of course, many "US" companies go out of their way to not pay this tax.

E.G., Apple.

I guess they are worried about passing costs on to their consumers...

Location hidden

#62080 Jun 23, 2013
Inspector Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Barefool thinks the rich people will pull it out their ass
Rich people don't pay.

Or avoid paying, e.g., Mitt Romney.

Though I agree rich people do pull lots of other things out of their azz.

Location hidden

#62081 Jun 23, 2013
Pompano Jack wrote:
So, as taxes go up on business, where do you think the money does come from?
So as taxes go up on the individuals, where do you think the money comes from?

Location hidden

#62082 Jun 23, 2013
Inspector Jacktov wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost as many posts as you have aliases, eh, Shug?

Location hidden

#62083 Jun 23, 2013
Leggy wrote:
<quoted text>
Go change your Depends, Fartsack.
Lunch time for you, dickliqueur? You can't find enough protein in used condoms where you live?

Location hidden

#62084 Jun 23, 2013
Pompano Jack wrote:
As I believe I pointed out, a billion is asstes is alot, but well exceeded by major corporations
Gosh, you don't think anyone is even trying to follow you waving your hands and dodging the question.
Inspector Beaver

Chicago, IL

#62085 Jun 23, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Apples and oranges.
What you're talking about is volume profit--not item profit.
If a manufacturer is selling widgets making a $25.00 profit for each one, then it doesn't matter if he sells a hundred widgets or a million. He still wants to make $25.00 per each widget regardless what tax bracket he's in. So if he sells a million and has to pay 10% more in taxes, he either eats that 10% or passes it along. In most cases, he passes it along.
Getting barefool to understand concepts such as the theory of debit and credit,...the paradox of thrift,...supply and demand, the laws of average,...etc, etc. is like trying to get zazz to slim down to 450 lbs.....not gonna happen.

The words; work, cost, pay, responsibility, and self-reliance have no meaning to these freeloaders,...their just a bunch of angry primates who's gonna call you a racist,...just like a baby with a bottle,...they gotta have it.
quest

Houston, TX

#62086 Jun 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, you don't think anyone is even trying to follow you waving your hands and dodging the question.
Are you Tiger Woods, you seem to be a REGGIN but has some White in it an can speak English.
downhill246

Delray Beach, FL

#62087 Jun 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
zimmerman began molesting his cousin when she was six years old.
His dad was a magistrate and no one can be sure what kind of interference he ran when zimmerman was a juvie.
We saw how his daddy interfered with SPD.
We are certain that the pedophile is a liar and has a history of violence including an felony arrest for assault.

Prove he molested his cousin.

Next!
Pompano Jack

Niceville, FL

#62088 Jun 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my goodness!
So businesses should never be taxed! They will just pass the costs off to their customers!
Ok. One of two things. Either you believe I suggested businesses should never be taxed (which is inaccurate) or you think that businesses should never be taxed. Elaborate please.
Pompano Jack

Niceville, FL

#62089 Jun 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
So which is it?
Of course, many "US" companies go out of their way to not pay this tax.
E.G., Apple.
I guess they are worried about passing costs on to their consumers...
You are absolutely correct on all counts. You can add GE, and any number of companies that used US tax laws to their advantage. So when the President says he's cutting back on all that, after 4 years, you can run the same argument past him (and the senate)
Pompano Jack

Niceville, FL

#62090 Jun 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rich people don't pay.
Or avoid paying, e.g., Mitt Romney.
Though I agree rich people do pull lots of other things out of their azz.
In this, you are at least partially correct. Some rich people do not pay...they contribute to charity, they invest to create jobs, they put away for retirement in tax deferred accounts (as many middle and lower income people do). All of it in accordance with the law. They are playing by the rules of the country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Abe 280,355
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min bad bob 18,132
News The Latest: Trump blasts Murkowski on health ca... 10 min White House Implo... 7
News In hero's return, McCain blasts Congress, tells... 27 min RustyS 53
News Senate rejects changes to 'Obamacare' in stiff ... 29 min Just Think 1
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 1 hr spud 1,564
News Trump mistreats native son Jeff Sessions, Alaba... 5 hr Maxxx_Payne 47
More from around the web