Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66312 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

thebuzz

Carmel, IN

#58085 May 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>What was it he said? Oh yes....
dispatcher:
Are you following him?[2:24]
Zimmerman:
Yeah.[2:25]
Seems Zimmerman has contradicted you(ie... called you liar), son.
As for Zimmerman being attacked, all you have is Zimmerman's word. And we know he lies.
I just can't believe how ridiculous you are! Z followed him for a few seconds for the purpose of providing information on his whereabouts. He stopped as soon as the dispatcher told him, "we don't need you doing that". Zimmerman said he lost him and that was that. There was no stalking, following, harassing or anything. Martin had more than enough time to go home so obviously he wasn't fearful in the least. It was dark and Zimmerman was meeting the police by the back gates and on his way he was jumped by Martin and beaten to a bloody pulp. No one came to his aid as he was screaming for help. There was definitely some monkey business going on by his house because the kid had to have witnessed the entire thing. Strange daddyo had no clue about the activities that occurred right outside his door. Very suspicious.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#58086 May 1, 2013
thebuzz wrote:
<quoted text>I just can't believe how ridiculous you are! Z followed him for a few seconds for the purpose of providing information on his whereabouts. He stopped as soon as the dispatcher told him, "we don't need you doing that". Zimmerman said he lost him and that was that. There was no stalking, following, harassing or anything. Martin had more than enough time to go home so obviously he wasn't fearful in the least. It was dark and Zimmerman was meeting the police by the back gates and on his way he was jumped by Martin and beaten to a bloody pulp. No one came to his aid as he was screaming for help. There was definitely some monkey business going on by his house because the kid had to have witnessed the entire thing. Strange daddyo had no clue about the activities that occurred right outside his door. Very suspicious.
Son, it doesn't matter what you think Martin should or should not have done.

He did nothing illegal. The defense is free to bring up that up is they so choose and prove it as well

Martin couldn't have been beaten to a bloody pulp. He was lucid enough to claim Martin was going for his weapon, fight off the so called bigger individual, pull the weapon out while flat on his back, cock the weapon and fire at point blank range.

For someone who people who portrays as helpless and the victim being so much bigger and stronger while on top of Zimmerman, it's amazing he even could pull the weapon out.

You people can't pick and choose which pieces of evidence you're willing or unwilling to accept.

You need to take the whole kit and kaboodle.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#58087 May 1, 2013
thebuzz wrote:
<quoted text> I meant that Zimmerman needs witnesses(the jury) to keep the judge in check, hopefully.
?????? You have this ass-backwards son.

But don't worry. It's not a surprise.
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#58088 May 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well... actually... yes to a degree....
http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-man-found-guil...
Thank you for making the same point.

Any similarity to the Zimmerman/Martin case is strictly in the mind of the poster.
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#58089 May 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>It's not a rights issue son.
This is a murder trial. You need to get this straight in your head.
Get over yourself. It's not about you. It's about Zimmerman and Martin.
I'm sure you believe it's over my head son. That's because you're mentally not in the same ballpark.
Yet when all is said and done the facts still support self defense.
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#58090 May 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Son, it doesn't matter what you think Martin should or should not have done.
He did nothing illegal. The defense is free to bring up that up is they so choose and prove it as well
Martin couldn't have been beaten to a bloody pulp. He was lucid enough to claim Martin was going for his weapon, fight off the so called bigger individual, pull the weapon out while flat on his back, cock the weapon and fire at point blank range.
For someone who people who portrays as helpless and the victim being so much bigger and stronger while on top of Zimmerman, it's amazing he even could pull the weapon out.
You people can't pick and choose which pieces of evidence you're willing or unwilling to accept.
If he punched Zimmerman in the face and broke his nose. Martin certainly did something illegal. Florida law says one must believe they were in serious danger of grievous bodily harm or death to use deadly force. Even if the prosecution shows that despite the beating Zimmerman wasn't in danger of grievous bodily harm or death, that isn't good enough. They must convince the jury that Zimmerman didn't believe he was in danger of grievous bodily harm or death. How do they do that? Let's face facts Zimmerman was pleading for help for a bit over forty seconds while Martin tried to bang his head on the ground which should convince most any one on the jury that his belief was justified.

If a round is chambered you just pull the trigger on the Kel Tec and it is such a small handgun that it would not be that difficult to get out of a belt holster even in that situation.
Ascendo Tuum

Grimsby, Canada

#58091 May 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close.
I agree.... you're not even close.
Ascendo Tuum

Grimsby, Canada

#58092 May 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Witnesses heard a man screaming for help and saw Zimmerman on the bottom with Martin on top. Easily suggests that Zimmerman was screaming. The tests on the tapes will not help the prosecution because they have already been proven unreliable. Try to catch up on the case a little. You're way behind.
Uhhh... they are extremely reliable.... 99% reliable. Used in court cases all the time.
Ascendo Tuum

Grimsby, Canada

#58093 May 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Only problem is there is no evidence Zimmerman confronted him. One of the many reasons he will be acquitted.
There absolutely IS evidence. Trayvon was on the phone. His girl friend heard the entire confrontation. That is why the defence isn't invoking SYG. They know they don't have a prayer.
Ascendo Tuum

Grimsby, Canada

#58094 May 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe in Canada but not in America. You display little knowledge in the laws in America.
ROTFALMFAO!:You're right... I have little knowledge of the laws you seem to be constantly pulling outta yer azz.
Ascendo Tuum

Grimsby, Canada

#58095 May 1, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a lying sack of shit for starters, but it doesn't matter if GZ just molested a child, when the scumbag, racist, women's jewelry stealing, white female bus driver assaulting, criminal Traygone assaulted him , GZ had every right to put a bullet in his ugly face.
The violent dumbass got what he deserved.
Lying?? ROTFALMFAO!!! Exactly which point was a lie??'splain it to me Lucy.... And dumbazz... I already told you... the jewellery wasn't stolen. If it was stolen... it would have been reported. The Sanford police have said that the jewellery has not been reported stolen in ANY jurisdiction.... Not reported... therefore not stolen. One would think that if they had jewellery stolen... they would report it.... if nothing more that for insurance purposes. So who's lying now?? and interesting, it appears you have no qualms with GI Janie molesting a minor. How quaint!
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#58096 May 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Son, it doesn't matter what you think Martin should or should not have done.
Lying sack of shit and imbecile, assault is a felony, Traygone the thug got what he deserved, I would have emptied the magazine into his ugly face when he lifted his arm to hit me.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#58097 May 1, 2013
Execute this Traygone look alike:

Judge: Nathan Dunlap to face execution on week ...- The Denver Post
www.denverpost.com › News › Breaking News&#8206;
10 hours ago – A judge on Wednesday set Aug. 18-24 as the week in which Nathan Dunlap should be executed for killing three teenagers and their ...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#58098 May 1, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Any similarity to the Zimmerman/Martin case is strictly in the mind of the poster.
lol! You just won't let facts get in your way, will you?

That's ok, son. I didn't expect you to change to begin with so you didn't disappoint in the least!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#58099 May 1, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet when all is said and done the facts still support self defense.
That's YOUR interpretation son.

Unlike you, I'll wait for the trial.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#58100 May 1, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
If he punched Zimmerman in the face and broke his nose. Martin certainly did something illegal. Florida law says one must believe they were in serious danger of grievous bodily harm or death to use deadly force. Even if the prosecution shows that despite the beating Zimmerman wasn't in danger of grievous bodily harm or death, that isn't good enough. They must convince the jury that Zimmerman didn't believe he was in danger of grievous bodily harm or death. How do they do that? Let's face facts Zimmerman was pleading for help for a bit over forty seconds while Martin tried to bang his head on the ground which should convince most any one on the jury that his belief was justified.
If a round is chambered you just pull the trigger on the Kel Tec and it is such a small handgun that it would not be that difficult to get out of a belt holster even in that situation.
Well son, if the trial goes the way you're prescribing, then all you need do in the future is talk to the last man standing to make your case.

As for convincing the jury, there's already a body, a confession and a weapon. It's up to the defense to back up their claim if they go with the affirmative scenario.

As for your position of a chambered round, it still doesn't address your position of Zimmerman being smaller, helpless, fading into unconsciousness because he was being beaten to death by a much bigger assailant whose sitting on top of him, but still have the where with all and presence to fight for the weapon, pull it out and shoot.

You're playing both sides of the issue and creating facts as you need them to fit your explanation.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#58101 May 1, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying sack of shit and imbecile, assault is a felony, Traygone the thug got what he deserved, I would have emptied the magazine into his ugly face when he lifted his arm to hit me.
And as of right now, the only person we know for sure whose assaulted anyone is Zimmerman son.
Yeah Son

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#58102 May 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And as of right now, the only person we know for sure whose assaulted anyone is Zimmerman son.
So you finally admit in a chicken shit way that George is GUILTY.
Whiskey

Miami, FL

#58103 May 2, 2013
For the sake of justice, I hope Obama doesn't stick is nose where it doesn't belong.
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#58104 May 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>It's not a rights issue son.
This is a murder trial. You need to get this straight in your head.
Get over yourself. It's not about you. It's about Zimmerman and Martin.
I'm sure you believe it's over my head son. That's because you're mentally not in the same ballpark.
it is a rights issue, the right of the people to be secure in their person and property, zimmerman had the right to observe, not be physically assaulted and to protect himself from that assault, zimmerman was protecting the property in the area against the activities of the thugs, true, police should have been doing their job and we should not be in this state of anarchy, but we are and it is those like zimmerman that assist at times

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min willie 239,315
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Dogen 204,823
News Trump Time Capsule #81: 'What the Hell Do You H... 28 min Jelly Belly Popcorn 51
News Backlash for Trump after he lashes out at the M... 31 min barry 1,024
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 36 min River Tam 15,824
News This gay Senate candidate is running in the lan... 37 min Cornfused 45
News Challenge for GOP senators: Surviving a possibl... 43 min Jelly Belly Popcorn 5
More from around the web