Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Comments
40,841 - 40,860 of 65,657 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Guadalajara, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see you must be a dumbass.
Even if Martin was the alleged Black Burglar, it doesn't give Zimmie the right to be judge, jury and executioner, does it?
It was still the USA on that day and Zimmie the Charles Bronson wannabe apparently killed a teenager in cold blood, just because he had a gun and because he could.
It does not matter if he did or did not commit the burglaries........

1. Zim had all legal rights to ask ash tray what he was doing and to follow him when he refused to answer..........

2. Zim had all legal rights to shoot ash tray if ash tray broke his nose and then was on top of him beating him........

3. The grass stain evidence shows that Zim was on his back on the ground and lack of grass stains prove that ash tray was never on his back.

4. Zim had a broken nose and two black eyes and was hit at least three times in the face and the back of his head had there blunt force wounds.

5. The witness said he saw two MEN fighting on the ground one on top of the other in the grass/mud area.....

6. Ash tray had no injuries to his face and no grass stains or mud on his back.......

The evidence shows that Zim was knocked to the ground on his back and ash tray jumped on top of him

“as you would have others...”

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

T4YOU 2 wrote:
<quoted text> R U serious why would he A private citizen can ask someone they do not recognize if they belong to the community. Martin could have said he was staying with his fathers girl friend, rather than trying to beat Zimmerman. A little less bad attitude and he would probably still be alive today . Trayvon only proved that he was not bullet proof
If Zimmerman hadn't acted like a predator, following and chasing Martin, maybe he would have answered his question.
And no probably about it, if Zimmerman had stayed in his truck and let LE do their job, he wouldn't have murdered an unarmed kid minding his business.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

discordian wrote:
Young Girl That Was At Inauguration gunned down in Chicago…….where is the press, where are the 24/7 media interruptions, where are the experts.....oh my, where is Obama with a speech, where are the anti gun crowd, where’s Piers Morgan.........oh that's right, it wasn't a Bushmaster, it was Obama voters that did it.
from petit chou
Makes you wonder that if DumBama had another daughter, if it would look like that 15 year old murder victim?
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

do unto others wrote:
<quoted text>
If Zimmerman hadn't acted like a predator, following and chasing Martin, maybe he would have answered his question.
And no probably about it, if Zimmerman had stayed in his truck and let LE do their job, he wouldn't have murdered an unarmed kid minding his business.
And if Martin just went home instead of staying in the dark between the row houses waiting for Zimmerman, he would be alive today as well. But no, he wasn't about to get dissed by anybody. Revenge is not always bitter sweet.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

<quoted text>
I can see you must be a dumbass.
Even if Martin was the alleged Black Burglar, it doesn't give Zimmie the right to be judge, jury and executioner, does it?
It was still the USA on that day and Zimmie the Charles Bronson wannabe apparently killed a teenager in cold blood, just because he had a gun and because he could.
Key words in your reply "Because he could."

Yes he could. He was a victim of assault and battery which allows licensed concealed carry holders to use their weapon for such a purpose.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

<quoted text>
Why are you calling Martin a 'suspect'?
Had he broken any laws?
Yes, it's called a Suspicious Person and police get calls like that all the time. I know because I listen to my police scanner frequently.

According to Zimmerman, he witnessed a person walking around at night in the rain aimlessly in a hoodie. Yes, that's suspicious. Zim also stated he didn't recognize the individual as resident there. He was correct. He stated Martin was acting "high or something" again, THC was found in Martin's blood.

Seems Zim was correct on all counts. Very observant for not being a police officer.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

<quoted text>
The "Perp" was advised by 911 dispatch to "Stand down" and not follow Martin, yet he continued"
And where do you have proof of this?
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

<quoted text>
The Perp? The perp didn't go home because he had the great equalizer, ie. the gun and felt he owns the entire state of Florida and he would decide who belongs there, he would decide who can walk the streets, unmolested and unaccosted and who could not. That is why we are having this discussion. Because the perp decided to stalk, accost and shoot an unarmed kid, because he believed he COULD.
You're right, the perp should have just gone home or called police or both.
Correct. But he didn't do that, in fact, didn't even leave the area. The shooting took place nearly at the point Zim lost sight of Martin. In other words, Martin stuck around while Zim finished his phone call to dispatch.

The prosecution will attempt to make the case that Zim hunted down Martin which was nearly impossible at the time because he was talking to police. Martin as we know hid between the row houses. The question to the jury will be why? Why did Martin stay right there instead of returning to the apartment he was staying at?

The answer is simple: Martin planned that attack.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

<quoted text>
Person, "Defending" him/her self must be in fear of imminent death and/or Great bodily harm, and even then can only return "Equal and Opposite Force."
Can of Tea doesn't cut it.
Why didn't Martin use that can of tea as a weapon? Seems if he were attacking Zim, he would have facilitated the ONLY weapon he had available.
By the autopsy reports and Zims injuries, it seems Martin didn't need a weapon of any kind. Not one scratch found on Martin's body besides his knuckles (from assault) and the bullet wound.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

do unto others wrote:
<quoted text>
Cops would have to identify themselves as cops, otherwise even a tackle would be illegal. And I think you're forgetting, Zimmerman never identified himself as 'security'.
According to Zim's account, he never had the chance.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

do unto others wrote:
<quoted text>
You just further proved my point. IF Martin had been a thug, punk, criminal, whatever...he would have been armed, whether it was legal for him to be so or not. Because criminals don't care if they're legally holding a gun. SMH
That might be true if he was at his home residence. He wasn't. He was staying as a guest in the community. Not many secret places to hide a gun when you are given a spare room and suspended from school because of narcotics possession and possible articles of theft.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

do unto others wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of like you have no proof of Martin attacking Zimmerman?
Since nobody knows what actually did happen, I'm going by what I think makes the most sense.
And since when is pinning someone on the grass the only way to restrain someone? Grabbing and holding onto one's jacket is also restraining.
Which you have absolutely no proof of either.

Zimmerman's extended injuries are proof positive he was not harmed by Martin using self-defense. The difference between self-defense and assault is a very thin line. Once you defend yourself from an attacker, you stop at the point he is disabled from further attack or you can escape to safety. You don't pin him down, beat his head into the cement while your supposed attacker is screaming for help. That's not self-defense.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

<quoted text>
Why no blood? Did you ever have a nosebleed? Why was Martin on his back? Somebody roll him over? Or did someone shoot him on the ground, then roll him over to make sure the bullet didn't go through?
These are all questions Zimmie will need to answer.
No, these are questions investigators (who released Zim) will have to answer. It is they who determined that Zim acted in self-defense.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
You should look up definitions before you attempt to educate someone else. I'm sure the poster knows you are ignorant and ignored your post.
Good choice too. I know the difference between self-defense and assault.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

<quoted text>
Head wounds bleed profusely, as do injuries to the nose. Why no blood on Zimmies jacket, less than 1 Hour after shooting? That bothers me. Almost looks like Shelley sliced his head next day with a box cutter. Almost no pain in that. Didn't look bashed in at all.
That's the same claim ABC news made, and then apologized after the enhanced police video pictures of Zim's head became available where it showed clear lacerations.

Or are you trying to tell us that the police lied about his injuries, the paramedics who cleaned up his wounds lied as well? His doctor?

It's all documented including the blood on Zim's clothing. There is more than enough proof that Martin attacked Zimmerman and nothing the other way around.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he could. He was a victim of assault and battery which allows licensed concealed carry holders to use their weapon for such a purpose.
Doesn't look to me like Zimmie was the victim and it won't look that way to a jury either.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the same claim ABC news made, and then apologized after the enhanced police video pictures of Zim's head became available where it showed clear lacerations.
Or are you trying to tell us that the police lied about his injuries, the paramedics who cleaned up his wounds lied as well? His doctor?
It's all documented including the blood on Zim's clothing. There is more than enough proof that Martin attacked Zimmerman and nothing the other way around.
Did the Paramedics clean his Jacket Ray? There was not enough blood to be from any head lacerations or nosebleeds. It just wasn't there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, these are questions investigators (who released Zim) will have to answer. It is they who determined that Zim acted in self-defense.
Seems to me there was an Officer who didn't take Zimmies story as believable and he was removed from the case. Recall that? Maybe cause Daddy was a judge?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Allows them to use their weapons to protect life and property.
There was no threat to either. How many murders from 'Cans of Tea" do you estimate?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's called a Suspicious Person and police get calls like that all the time. I know because I listen to my police scanner frequently.
According to Zimmerman, he witnessed a person walking around at night in the rain aimlessly in a hoodie. Yes, that's suspicious. Zim also stated he didn't recognize the individual as resident there. He was correct. He stated Martin was acting "high or something" again, THC was found in Martin's blood.
Seems Zim was correct on all counts. Very observant for not being a police officer.
No he wasn't a Police Officer, was he? He couldn't be, could he?
He had a record. Theft from employer, domestic violence, Court ordered Anger Management, Termination from Employment due to Angry Agression, WHEN HE WAS A BOUNCER. Allegations of Molestation from relative. He just wasn't cop material.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••