Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66307 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

jogert

Perth, Australia

#29387 Jun 24, 2012
if you jump and say u are racist .then in your own mind .you and you alone are a racist .these pepole who do these things .there has to b something going on in there lives. to make them do this .it will happen again and again .its life look at everthing around us .when we carnt get what we want/pepole dont listern/blulling/countery against countery/deffrent points of view/ then the only thing to do is to use force /that life you will nethere change it ,it could b your kids who will use it next
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#29390 Jun 24, 2012
Black 8 My Angus 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to burst you bubble but I not an alcoholic.
I don't have to have a drink like you do.
I can take it or leave it.
Life is good.
I thank God!
Have another drink Bubbles!
Then get on you knees and pray.
Pray that you hyena a$$ gets forgiven!
lol! Again, I hear that's what alcoholics like you say son.

Jumping Jim

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#29392 Jun 25, 2012
Mr Bully WoodZ Esquire wrote:
<quoted text>Yo' pissface, I never left. It was your monkey azz that left this thread with your legs between your tail. Thanks for the suck up compliments but the fact remains that you are a stupid COONservative Sandusky wannabe yard monkey.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Ha, Ha, nothing like a 'negro' parrot.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#29393 Jun 25, 2012
Zimmerman = Guilty of Aggravated Manslaughter

= 25 Years to Life in Prison

Jumping Jim

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#29394 Jun 25, 2012
Mr Citizen 1 wrote:
Zimmerman = Guilty of Aggravated Manslaughter
= 25 Years to Life in Prison
Nothing like being part of a lynch mob, but not unusual for ghetto people, when one of their people gets into a confrontation and end up losing. Black crap does stick together, including that dude in the White House.

The same people who would say Rodney King was only a misguided soul and OJ was innocent of the LA murders.
Black 8 My Angus 5

Netherlands

#29395 Jun 25, 2012
Jumping Jim wrote:
Nothing like being part of a lynch mob, but not unusual for ghetto people, when one of their people gets into a confrontation and end up losing.

Black crap does stick together, including that dude in the White House.

The same people who would say Rodney King was only a misguided soul and OJ was innocent of the LA murders.
Rodney King responsible for a lot of property damage!

Then he suck down too much pool water!

OJ responsible for whacking some people!

Then he go for a ride in his Bronco!

Then police try to squeeze a confession out of him.

Then he too fond of his own memorabilia!

I think the Prez already a lame duck!

I hear quacking sounds coming out of Washington!

I hear wings rustling and flapping sounds but the $h!t wont fly!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#29396 Jun 25, 2012
the westerner wrote:
<quoted text>A personal attack is calling you a smelly douchebag, what I said about you is the truth. Get your pinhead out of the sand. Zimmerman will walk, Martin was a scumbag, criminal racist, gangbanger wanna be who would have ended up in jail, like many before him.
Actually far from the truth. You do not even know me Your nothing but a childish drama queen. Zimmerman will be convicted. He is a liar and so is his wife. So go put on your big girl panties and learn to be polite to people.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#29397 Jun 25, 2012
the westerner wrote:
<quoted text>A personal attack is calling you a smelly douchebag, what I said about you is the truth. Get your pinhead out of the sand. Zimmerman will walk, Martin was a scumbag, criminal racist, gangbanger wanna be who would have ended up in jail, like many before him.
As I read more I can see that you are just another fake identity as well so. I'm lmao. Coward.
Black 8 My Angus 5

Netherlands

#29398 Jun 25, 2012
RLBK wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually far from the truth.

You do not even know me Your nothing but a childish drama queen.

Zimmerman will be convicted. He is a liar and so is his wife.

So go put on your big girl panties and learn to be polite to people.
LOL.

Somebody get up on the wrong side of the sack today?
Kim Chi

Mansfield, OH

#29400 Jun 25, 2012
Zimmerman is a murderer
Black 8 My Angus 5

Netherlands

#29401 Jun 25, 2012
Jumping Jim wrote:
Ha, Ha, nothing like a 'negro' parrot.
"Polly wanna cracker?"

LOL.
Black 8 My Angus 5

Netherlands

#29402 Jun 25, 2012
Kim Chi wrote:
Zimmerman is a murderer
In you dreams!
realitycheck

Carmel, IN

#29403 Jun 25, 2012
the westerner wrote:
MIAMI – The stack of evidence released last week in the second-degree murder case against George Zimmerman is notable, legal experts say, for what's not in it: firm evidence that Zimmerman acted with malice when he shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.
Special prosecutor Angela Corey charged Zimmerman last month, alleging that Zimmerman, a neighborhood crime-watch volunteer, acted with ill will when he shot Martin, who was black, after a Feb. 26 scuffle behind some townhouses in a gated community in Sanford, Fla., where Martin was staying with his father.
But analysts say the evidence released so far contains little information to support the prosecutor's contention that Zimmerman acted with a "depraved mind" when he shot Martin - a standard the prosecution must meet if the murder charge is to stand.
"I still don't see any evidence yet of the elements of second-degree murder," said Miami defense attorney John Priovolos, a former prosecutor. The special prosecutor "has to prove ill will, hatred or spite. I don't see any evidence of his state of mind," he said.
Read more here: http://www.theolympian.com/2012/05/20/2112243 ...
I don't understand why this isn't considered malicious prosecution because if she can't prove it now, how can they proceed? The evidence doesn't bear out for an arrest, much less what he is going through right now.
realitycheck

Carmel, IN

#29404 Jun 25, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>None of what you posted after this sentence really matters. A person is well within their rights to refuse field sobriety tests and the non-evidentiary portable breath test. In fact, that's how I beat my DUI accusation without ever stepping a foot into a court room.
Anyone who voluntarily gives police culpatory evidence, when the law specificallys states that a person does not have to do this, is an idiot.
I'm afraid you are unaware of the laws in many states. People are going to jail and losing their licenses if they refuse these tests...regardless of whether they are guilty or innocent. It's a fact.
rebel girl

Brooksville, FL

#29405 Jun 25, 2012
<quoted text>
Been raining for days now!
Manbungo back!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xBKJeYeQt9sXX
Manbungo good for the soul.
Black 8 My Angus 5

Netherlands

#29406 Jun 25, 2012
rebel girl wrote:
Manbungo good for the soul.
Manbungo tough act to follow.

&fe ature=related

BRONACH

“FEED THE DEAD FETUS”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#29407 Jun 25, 2012
realitycheck wrote:
<quoted text>I'm afraid you are unaware of the laws in many states. People are going to jail and losing their licenses if they refuse these tests...regardless of whether they are guilty or innocent. It's a fact.
That's exactly right.

They consider the refusal to test as an admission of guilt.
Black 8 My Angus 5

Netherlands

#29408 Jun 25, 2012
Monday, June 25, 2012

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows Mitt Romney attracting 47% of the vote, while President Obama earns 45%. Five percent (5%) prefer some other candidate, and three percent (3%) are undecided."

"55% Want U.S. Supreme Court to Uphold Arizona Immigration Law."

"52% Want U.S. Supreme Court to Overturn Obama’s Health Care Law."

"54% Still Favor Repeal of Obama’s Health Care Law."

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#29409 Jun 25, 2012
<quoted text>
Have another drink funny boy!
You just an alcoholic hyena!
lol! Sorry, I don't drink your brand son. Besides, I don't like taking things from idiots like you.

Too much whining.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#29410 Jun 25, 2012
realitycheck wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand why this isn't considered malicious prosecution because if she can't prove it now, how can they proceed? The evidence doesn't bear out for an arrest, much less what he is going through right now.
Then by your explanation and logic, there must be something to it, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Bongo 25,122
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min Uncle Tab 286,620
News Times editor didn't mean to blame Sarah Palin's... 1 min spud 10
News Alabamaa s voters, divided over Trumpa s remark... 2 min Red Crosse 8
News Mitch McConnell's secret fury over Charlottesvi... 5 min spud 41
News Reactions to Trump's statement on violence in V... 39 min Is What It is 300
News John Oliver blasts Trump on Charlottesville: 'D... 1 hr Retribution 31
More from around the web