Sweeping Anti-Abortion Bill Expected To Become Kan. Law

Apr 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: National Public Radio

Kansas legislators gave final passage to a sweeping anti-abortion measure Friday night, sending Gov.

Comments (Page 9)

Showing posts 161 - 180 of1,168
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
Really, I wonder why it wasn't covered in the constitution as a right as the left like to claim about everything else.
You failed Civics and US History, didn't you? Like many of our rights, it's implied. Like the right to a fair trial, or our Miranda rights, it comes from somewhere else. In THIS case, from several somewheres. The very same part of the Constitution that means you cannot own a woman as a slave means that you ALSO can't own her uterus. It also falls under the "right to life, liberty and property" which guarantees our right to medical privacy. It's just one more right that is not spelled out explicitly.

Now, here's a better question, if the founders meant for fetuses to be considered citizens with civil rights, WHY didn't they say so IN the Constitution?

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>When did congress pass this law. You do know they never have don't you. It was liberal judges that ruled on a law that never was. Ginsberg herself said they went too far and that it should be left to the liberal state where they love killing black babies to slum mothers.
Read it and weep Pukie:

The Court issued its decision on January 22, 1973, The Court deemed abortion a fundamental right under the United States Constitution, thereby subjecting all laws attempting to restrict it to the standard of strict scrutiny.

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Well poor little pookie, still on the po ol women pity party hooey. Honey, if you don't want to kill babies act like an adult.
Well poor little Pukie still pouting because women do not need his consent or approval to conduct their private medical decisions. Pukie act like an adult and mind your own business, you have no authority over women. You really need to see someone about your control issues, and your drinking habits.

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>personal choices have consequences.
And choices on how to deal with consequences. What you want is punishment. Thank you for admitting.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Read it and weep Pukie:
The Court issued its decision on January 22, 1973, The Court deemed abortion a fundamental right under the United States Constitution, thereby subjecting all laws attempting to restrict it to the standard of strict scrutiny.
As a fundamental right, there should not be any restrictions. Late term abortion, 30+ weeks is a right of the mother. Right?

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

SIR LANCELOT wrote:
<quoted text>Those are different circumstances altogether, the victim had no choice in the say of a rape or incest.
The life of the mother is also a different matter, if the doctor decides it has to be done in an emergency then sometimes things have to happen.
I am against the wholesale slaughter of babies due to bad morality and as a form of birth control so evil people profit from the killing of a child.
So you are OK with slaughtering babies that are conceived through rape or incest and maybe the life of the mother? How about the health of the mother, would it be Ok to slaughter the baby? But you are not OK slaughtering babies if BC fails? AND you are most definitely not OK with slaughtering babies that are the result of slutty behavior? Do I have this right? Slutty people should be punished with parenthood?

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
As a fundamental right, there should not be any restrictions. Late term abortion, 30+ weeks is a right of the mother. Right?
I suggest you read RvW.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/histori...

For the stage subsequent to viability the State, in promoting its interest in the potentiality of human life, may, if it chooses, regulate, and even proscribe, abortion except where necessary, in appropriate medical judgment, for the preservation of the life or health of the mother. Pp. 163-164; 164-165.

Got a problem with that?
Cat74

Carpentersville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Less then one tenth of one percent of the unborn children murdered in this country are from rape, or incest, and those could be exceptions if the woman wants to try to catch the rapist, or indict her relatives.

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
Less then one tenth of one percent of the unborn children murdered in this country are from rape, or incest, and those could be exceptions if the woman wants to try to catch the rapist, or indict her relatives.
So you are OK with murdering an unborn child if conceived in rape or incest? But not the life or health of the mother? Fck her...right? Do I have that correct?
Cat74

Carpentersville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

No, the health of the mother must be considered. I just didn't write it down. How often do you think that happens? You shouldn't have to bear a rapists child, or a child that might kill you, and certainly not a victim of incest, but if you are sleeping around, bedding everything that is still breathing I should not have to pay for the procedure to eliminate the product of your promiscuity. For most women the decision to kill their unborn child weighs heavily oin their conscience. For many women it doesn't matter, because they have no conscience

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you read RvW.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/histori...
For the stage subsequent to viability the State, in promoting its interest in the potentiality of human life, may, if it chooses, regulate, and even proscribe, abortion except where necessary, in appropriate medical judgment, for the preservation of the life or health of the mother. Pp. 163-164; 164-165.
Got a problem with that?
It appears society is changing. As a 'fundamental right' there are no 'judgements' or 'appropriate' reasons needed, be it 3 weeks or 30 weeks.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Cat74 wrote:
No, the health of the mother must be considered. I just didn't write it down. How often do you think that happens? You shouldn't have to bear a rapists child, or a child that might kill you, and certainly not a victim of incest, but if you are sleeping around, bedding everything that is still breathing I should not have to pay for the procedure to eliminate the product of your promiscuity. For most women the decision to kill their unborn child weighs heavily on their conscience. For many women it doesn't matter, because they have no conscience
There are also women who don't regret having an abortion at all. They only regret GETTING pregnant in the first place.

http://www.imnotsorry.net

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
No, the health of the mother must be considered. I just didn't write it down. How often do you think that happens? You shouldn't have to bear a rapists child, or a child that might kill you, and certainly not a victim of incest, but if you are sleeping around, bedding everything that is still breathing I should not have to pay for the procedure to eliminate the product of your promiscuity. For most women the decision to kill their unborn child weighs heavily oin their conscience. For many women it doesn't matter, because they have no conscience
How often do I think it happens? I am not sure, but it does happen. It recently happened in Ireland and they gleefully let the woman die in honor of the fetus. She was told Ireland was a catholic country. It happened in Arizona and in Brazil not that long ago. These cases made the news due to controversy involving religion. In Brazil the 9 year old girl was raped. Religion has no respect for women and IS the force driving this debate.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/08/a...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/03...

You must know many women to have had abortions and their reasons. Tell me have you spoken with those who have stated that they slept around and used abortion as BC and really didn't care? How many of them have you spoke with? How many abortions considering those reasons have you personally paid for?

So again, you are fine with the murder of an unborn child if rape, incest or the health or life of the mother is involved. but the rest you feel are sleeping around and as a penalty should be forced to birth and become a mother? Am I correct?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, more deflection from the ignorant one. I understand....you can't refute me. It's okay.
Ignorant, my my my, just because I don't want baby's blood on my hands. Pro death is a sickness pookie, not progressive but regressive. Ask all the girl babies killed in China and India because they were girls.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You failed Civics and US History, didn't you? Like many of our rights, it's implied. Like the right to a fair trial, or our Miranda rights, it comes from somewhere else. In THIS case, from several somewheres. The very same part of the Constitution that means you cannot own a woman as a slave means that you ALSO can't own her uterus. It also falls under the "right to life, liberty and property" which guarantees our right to medical privacy. It's just one more right that is not spelled out explicitly.
Now, here's a better question, if the founders meant for fetuses to be considered citizens with civil rights, WHY didn't they say so IN the Constitution?
More importantly the medical field says life begins at conception, not at Roe vs Wade that was not even a law.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are also women who don't regret having an abortion at all. They only regret GETTING pregnant in the first place.
http://www.imnotsorry.net
They regret their stupidity for not keeping their legs together. According to you liberals, sex should be an Olympic sport.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
And choices on how to deal with consequences. What you want is punishment. Thank you for admitting.
Oh good grief liberalette, the last thing I want or need is you punished for executing your baby. That is your choice, just like a gangbanger killing a crack competitor on the street corner. They are both murder and both against a sane world. That's between you and God, but since most of you loons don't believe in God, it lets you try to alibi your actions of killing as logical and practical.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
They regret their stupidity for not keeping their legs together. According to you liberals, sex should be an Olympic sport.
That's YOUR moronic interpretation, Dumbo, which is hardly surprising. According to you regressive males, women should ONLY have sex after they get married, and then ONLY for procreation. That's the backward "thinking" that was present in the 19th century, and unfortunatly continues into the 21st.

You and other regressive male imbeciles just DON'T get to control women any more, and women don't have to get your approval or permission to make our own sexual and reproductive decisions. Sucks to be you, obviously.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
Your assumption that women having abortions for other reasons are "sleeping around" is just that, an assumption.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Ignorant, my my my, just because I don't want baby's blood on my hands. Pro death is a sickness pookie, not progressive but regressive. Ask all the girl babies killed in China and India because they were girls.
There is no "pro death". And stop flirting with me.

You were deflecting, plain and simple. You're doing it again. You can't refute what I said, it's okay to just admit it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161 - 180 of1,168
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••