Virginia governor ends with scandal-s...

Virginia governor ends with scandal-stained year

There are 20 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Nov 28, 2013, titled Virginia governor ends with scandal-stained year. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

Bob McDonnell's profile ascended fast in four years as Virginia governor. He delivered the Republican response to the State of the Union Address in 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Jorja Fox

Scottsville, VA

#1 Dec 1, 2013
Don't let the door hit you in theass on your way out. Can't be soon enough for me.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#2 Jan 28, 2014
Mcdonnell didnt do anything that other politicians dont do-thats a terrible defense

was he on steroids too?
Jorja Fox

Staunton, VA

#3 Feb 4, 2014
Gov. vaginal probe slashed the budgets in this state, told them to do more with a lot less-yet, at the same time, he & his family were living beyond their means and getting others to pay their bills. He is a first class arse.
Jorja Fox

Staunton, VA

#4 Feb 4, 2014
swedenforever wrote:
Mcdonnell didnt do anything that other politicians dont do-thats a terrible defense
was he on steroids too?
Just because others do it doesn't make it right. If 100 people jump off a bridge doesn't mean you have to do it too. Pure nonsense-your logic escapes me.

Location hidden

#5 Feb 24, 2014
Jorja Fox wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because others do it doesn't make it right. If 100 people jump off a bridge doesn't mean you have to do it too. Pure nonsense-your logic escapes me.
"that's a terrible defense" is my logic
Jorja Fox

Vesuvius, VA

#6 Mar 7, 2014
Staff e-mails portray former Va. first lady as insecure and erratic

The messages portray the governor as willing to devote high-level staff to helping his wife cope but reluctant to delve into the problems himself.

The messages are filled with suggestions that the first lady was mentally unbalanced:“I just think she needs some crazy pills,” Kaplan writes at one point. That could help the governor argue in court that his wife was a loose cannon, working on her own to solicit gifts from Williams.

Yet the messages also indicate that the governor was aware enough of problems that he dispatched some of his most senior aides — chief of staff Martin Kent and Secretary of the Commonwealth Janet Vestal Kelly — to wade into the mansion discord.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-...
Jorja Fox

Vesuvius, VA

#7 Mar 8, 2014
swedenforever wrote:
<quoted text>
"that's a terrible defense" is my logic
Got it.

Location hidden

#8 Mar 11, 2014
Mayor Gray receives 450k from corrupt DC small business man? I need a Mayor job..Attorney Holder needs to grill this crooked official..put him and Mcdonald in the same federal prison
Jorja Fox

Lovingston, VA

#9 Mar 11, 2014
http://www.washingtonblade.com/2014/02/12/pol...
A decision by D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier to indefinitely reassign members of the department’s Gay and Lesbian Liaison Unit to street patrol duties in the Sixth and Seventh Police Districts is hindering their ability to respond to LGBT-related calls throughout the city, according to sources familiar with the Metropolitan Police Department.
http://www.washingtonblade.com/2014/02/21/gay...
brian February 22, 2014 at 11:49 am
GRAY’s ANTI-LGBT SHADOW CAMPAIGN, v. 2014
There really IS something worse than anti-gay marriage bigots working in mayoral campaigns…
Vincent Gray has a anti-LGBT police chief working as the top cop of this city. Gray’s Chief of Police is now using her high office to DEMONSTRATE to MPD’s chain-of-command how police favoritism to anti-LGBT politicians (and by inference, anti-LGBT police bias) will be rewarded by the mayor’s MPD bosses.
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/loos...
The list seems to be endless. DC is more corrupt than Virginia...I find they are fairly equal.

Location hidden

#10 Mar 11, 2014
Mayor Vincent Gray's personal affairs are full of hot air and corruption, and for a person who said that Ex Mayor Fenty was pandering to the DC elite, this makes his (Gray's) tenure look pathetic-maybe he's a republican in hiding
Jorja Fox

Staunton, VA

#11 Mar 13, 2014
swedenforever wrote:
Mayor Vincent Gray's personal affairs are full of hot air and corruption, and for a person who said that Ex Mayor Fenty was pandering to the DC elite, this makes his (Gray's) tenure look pathetic-maybe he's a republican in hiding
It's hard to find a politician who isn't self centered, self serving and corrupt in one way or another.

Location hidden

#12 Apr 17, 2014
I'm independent now but starting to listen to selected libertarian views..
Jorja Fox

Scottsville, VA

#13 Apr 18, 2014
swedenforever wrote:
I'm independent now but starting to listen to selected libertarian views..
Good. What views are you starting to listen to? What exactly swayed you in that direction?

Location hidden

#14 May 4, 2014
Well, definitely their foreign policy platform..Ron Paul's view on international independence..and personal choice in some areas..I think Colorado will work out its marijuana laws and lower crime since it is making a good revenue now..Don't like Dr Ron view on EPA and FDA..The tap water here is terrible
Jorja Fox

Lovingston, VA

#15 May 5, 2014
swedenforever wrote:
Well, definitely their foreign policy platform..Ron Paul's view on international independence..and personal choice in some areas..I think Colorado will work out its marijuana laws and lower crime since it is making a good revenue now..Don't like Dr Ron view on EPA and FDA..The tap water here is terrible
Agree on Colorado - I hope other states follow.

Ron Paul has many areas I don't like-----against gay marriage, against abortion. He has, also, made statement I find offensive. Like:

"Boy, it sure burns me to have a national holiday for that pro-communist philanderer, Martin Luther King. I voted against this outrage time and time again as a congressman. What an infamy that Ronald Reagan approved it! We can thank him for our annual Hate Whitey Day!" (February 1990: "

"...I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in [Washington, DC] are semi-criminal or entirely criminal."

He terms himself "strongly pro-life"

"an unshakable foe of abortion", and believes regulation or ban on medical decisions about maternal or fetal health is "best handled at the state level". His abortion-related legislation, like the Sanctity of Life Act, is intended to negate Roe v. Wade and to get "the federal government completely out of the business of regulating state matters."

“I miss the closet. Homosexuals, not to speak of the rest of society, were far better off when social pressure forced them to hide their activities. They could also not be as promiscuous. Is it any coincidence that the AIDS epidemic developed after they came 'out of the closet,' and started hyper-promiscuous sodomy? I don't believe so, medically or morally.”(June 1990: "Newsletter")

“[Magic] Johnson may be a sports star, but he is dying [of AIDS] because he violated moral laws.”(December 1991:“The criminal ‘Justice’ Department wants to force dentists to treat these Darth Vader types [people with AIDS] under the vicious Americans With Disabilities Act;" and We all have the right to discriminate, which is what freedom of association is all about, especially against killers [AIDS patients].”(November 1993

There are other statements equally vile. I do agree with "some" of his beliefs but not enough of them to ever consider voting for him.

Location hidden

#16 May 26, 2014
Jorja Fox wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree on Colorado - I hope other states follow.
Ron Paul has many areas I don't like-----against gay marriage, against abortion. He has, also, made statement I find offensive. Like:
"Boy, it sure burns me to have a national holiday for that pro-communist philanderer, Martin Luther King. I voted against this outrage time and time again as a congressman. What an infamy that Ronald Reagan approved it! We can thank him for our annual Hate Whitey Day!" (February 1990: "
"...I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in [Washington, DC] are semi-criminal or entirely criminal."
He terms himself "strongly pro-life"
"an unshakable foe of abortion", and believes regulation or ban on medical decisions about maternal or fetal health is "best handled at the state level". His abortion-related legislation, like the Sanctity of Life Act, is intended to negate Roe v. Wade and to get "the federal government completely out of the business of regulating state matters."
“I miss the closet. Homosexuals, not to speak of the rest of society, were far better off when social pressure forced them to hide their activities. They could also not be as promiscuous. Is it any coincidence that the AIDS epidemic developed after they came 'out of the closet,' and started hyper-promiscuous sodomy? I don't believe so, medically or morally.”(June 1990: "Newsletter")
“[Magic] Johnson may be a sports star, but he is dying [of AIDS] because he violated moral laws.”(December 1991:“The criminal ‘Justice’ Department wants to force dentists to treat these Darth Vader types [people with AIDS] under the vicious Americans With Disabilities Act;" and We all have the right to discriminate, which is what freedom of association is all about, especially against killers [AIDS patients].”(November 1993
There are other statements equally vile. I do agree with "some" of his beliefs but not enough of them to ever consider voting for him.
I think hes come to the center on his racial retardation lol, but yes his domestic views are anti-social in general to me..if someone like him could move center left on health on education I could be interested
Jorja Fox

Verona, VA

#17 May 28, 2014
swedenforever wrote:
<quoted text> I think hes come to the center on his racial retardation lol, but yes his domestic views are anti-social in general to me..if someone like him could move center left on health on education I could be interested
I personally just plain do not like any of the teaparty/republicans---they have the personalities of a rock.

I need to actually like a person to vote for them and agree with at least 80% of the views that spew forth from their lips.

Location hidden

#18 Jul 30, 2014
Old Mcdonnell had a farm

Location hidden

#19 Jul 30, 2014
No one covering Mcdingleberry's corruption trial..put him in for bribery
No Surprise

Beverly, MA

#20 Aug 1, 2014
So tired of GOP crap. How many people can really listen to their drivel any longer?

They seriously need to shut up and go away.

Never have been relevant to anyone anywhere.

This is just the tip of the iceberg and really do not to need to know more to never want to hear another word from this fake Political Party ever again.

STFU GOP!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Flynn invokes 5th Amendment, refuses to comply ... 20 min Soros King Maker 40
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 25 min Sandra 424
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 47 min Vlad 2,638
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 48 min Just call me Abe 3 270,338
News 'Climate change musical' is cited as tax waste ... 49 min AMIGOS 13
News Fact check: Medicaid a target for cuts despite ... 1 hr kuda 85
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 6 hr Pope Closet Emeritus 25,631
More from around the web