Details of tentative deal that would ...

Details of tentative deal that would avert fiscal crisis

There are 115 comments on the Fox News story from Dec 31, 2012, titled Details of tentative deal that would avert fiscal crisis. In it, Fox News reports that:

Highlights of a tentative agreement Monday between the White House and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., aimed at averting wide tax increases and budget cuts scheduled to take effect in the new year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox News.

Since: Dec 07

Athens, TX

#21 Jan 1, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to Bitter right-wing losers Cry-O-Thon: New Years Day Edition.
WHAAAAA!“Obama spikes the ball after beating us again”. Hey idiot, look at the bright side: Had you been able to beat Obama on November 6, 2012 he would not have gotten the mandate to be able to dance in the end zone after running up the score on the imploded republican Party.
I love the way Obama taunted the GOP during his comment on negotiations yesterday. Senate republicans ran to the floor of the Senate to cry about it, LOL.
Problem is, bozo. Your messiah ran to the wrong end zone!! LMAO

Since: Dec 07

Athens, TX

#22 Jan 1, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to Bitter right-wing losers Cry-O-Thon: New Years Day Edition.
WHAAAAA!“Obama spikes the ball after beating us again”. Hey idiot, look at the bright side: Had you been able to beat Obama on November 6, 2012 he would not have gotten the mandate to be able to dance in the end zone after running up the score on the imploded republican Party.
I love the way Obama taunted the GOP during his comment on negotiations yesterday. Senate republicans ran to the floor of the Senate to cry about it, LOL.
Most of Bush's tax cuts to stay in place....Hilarious...Again, nobama leadning on Bush in economic policies and anti-terriost policies......then claiming them as his...(chuckle)

“Make America Great Again”

Since: Jun 07

Bring Obama Back!

#23 Jan 1, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Two Months After Sandy, Victims Still Stranded By 'Red Tape'... Yet another lie from another campaign speech…
Why don’t you go see if Rasmussen has any polls for you to post? Why did you stop posting those poll numbers; you use to come on here enthusiastically showing off Rasmussen and Gallup numbers during the election, what happened; what made you stop?
Brad

Manchester, CT

#24 Jan 1, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don’t you go see if Rasmussen has any polls for you to post? Why did you stop posting those poll numbers; you use to come on here enthusiastically showing off Rasmussen and Gallup numbers during the election, what happened; what made you stop?
Free stuff happened.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#25 Jan 1, 2013
OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
Gee, the Republicans negotiated again to stop the Obama (fiscal) cliff. Obama was no where to be found until he spiked the ball of the work by Biden and McConnell.
Smart move by Obama, who recognized the long relationship between Biden and McConnell, and got a deal done.

Location hidden

#27 Jan 1, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
Congressman Frank R. Wolf, along with over twenty-five co-sponsors in the House of Representatives, has introduced House Resolution 824 to create a Special Committee to conduct a real investigation into the attack on the Benghazi consulate and CIA safe house. Wolf and others want to know why Barack Obama sent little if any help to save the four brave Americans who lost their lives and why this fact was covered up.
The impeachment should clear it all up for our lying cowardly democrats.
Hello again, you f''king hypocrite. As if you give a shit about the four people killed in the Benghazi tragedy. It is evident to all but the brain dead that you are constantly exploiting this issue for your own psychopathic purposes. Keep it up and you will lose your outdoor privileges.

Location hidden

#28 Jan 1, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
I hope the House shoots it down. No cuts? No deal.
It's as simple as that. That's the way I roll.
Just keep rolling. The cliff is nearby.

Location hidden

#29 Jan 1, 2013
RustyS wrote:
Watching both the republicans and democrats do this, it reminded me of when my Dad used to pretend to find a quarter behind my ear.
A dime is better than nothing.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#30 Jan 1, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Smart move by Obama, who recognized the long relationship between Biden and McConnell, and got a deal done.
Agree.
The only way Congress is ever gonna reach any compromise is if Oblamer is left out of the mix.
I never thought I'd encourage him to go on more vacations and play more rounds of golf,but,there it is.
America can't absorb 4 more years of nothing so we might as well accept Oblamer for what he is,a waste of space.

Location hidden

#31 Jan 1, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree.
The only way Congress is ever gonna reach any compromise is if Oblamer is left out of the mix.
I never thought I'd encourage him to go on more vacations and play more rounds of golf,but,there it is.
America can't absorb 4 more years of nothing so we might as well accept Oblamer for what he is,a waste of space.
I think you want the fiction thread, Brad.

Since Bush took three times as much vacation time as Obama during a comparable period, and Reagan more than twice as much, you must be working on a novel.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#32 Jan 1, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I think you want the fiction thread, Brad.
Since Bush took three times as much vacation time as Obama during a comparable period, and Reagan more than twice as much, you must be working on a novel.
Unlike you,I want to focus on whats happening in the here and now.
Recognizing the mistakes of others from the past is only beneficial if you don't repeat them.
But you liberals are hell bent on repeating them as a way of getting what you feel are your just dues.
Enjoy the time you have because Americans are waking up.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#33 Jan 1, 2013
Calling Your Bluff wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad the evidence shows we are already on the road to four more years of "nobama politics. The lower and middle class will continue getting screwed.
We have over $16 trillion in debt; we're ALL screwed!

Tawas City, Michigan

#34 Jan 1, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
I hope the House shoots it down. No cuts? No deal.
It's as simple as that. That's the way I roll.
Wow, for once we agree.

Tawas City, Michigan

#35 Jan 1, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it genius.........kill more small businesses than he already has....the brilliance of the left!! "Uh, tax more and we'll have more to spend!!"
It's hard to get the big picture when you have such a small screen.
I never said I wanted more spending. We have $16+ trillion in debt. EVERYBODY needs to have their taxes raised, from the poorest to the richest. And spending needs to be actually cut, instead of just a decrease in the projected increase in spending which they are passing off as cuts.

Until the debt is paid off we need to do the following:
-Cut ALL govt spending 50% across the board.
-Raise taxes for EVERY American by 50%, including the poor & seniors.

It will still take a decade or more to pay off the debt that way, but at least it's a start.
REM223

Bethany, CT

#36 Jan 1, 2013
The Senate Repubs caved and the house will probably do the same. It`s a sick game these political hacks are playing with American lives. We will never see any real spending cuts from this cummunist mooslim lovin administration.

The only way we would have seen serious cuts was to have gone over the cliff. The next 5 generations will be paying for this screwup which was caused by the DC scum in the first place.
Cat74

United States

#37 Jan 1, 2013
Enough people have fled California, and gone to Texas to allow Texas to pick up 2 additional Congressmen, and California to lose 2 congressmen. It is all about jobs, and taxes.

Location hidden

#39 Jan 1, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike you,I want to focus on whats happening in the here and now.
Recognizing the mistakes of others from the past is only beneficial if you don't repeat them.
But you liberals are hell bent on repeating them as a way of getting what you feel are your just dues.
Enjoy the time you have because Americans are waking up.
That won't work, Brad. It was you who brought up what you consider Obama's excessive vacation time in the here and now. I simply pointed out how groundless your allegation was.

Yes, Americans are waking up. While the Teabaggers are turning to dust, most Americans are moving leftward.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#40 Jan 1, 2013
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>Me too. Let the GOP become as popular nationwide as it is in California.
Call us if your boy quits running and starts leading before you blame someone with out control of the process. Obama keeps moving the goal post. You would know that if you read anything other than the Communist Manifesto.

Paris

#41 Jan 1, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>That won't work, Brad. It was you who brought up what you consider Obama's excessive vacation time in the here and now. I simply pointed out how groundless your allegation was.
Yes, Americans are waking up. While the Teabaggers are turning to dust, most Americans are moving leftward.
Was that before he quit the cliff talks and flew to Hawaii to play golf, or before he was going to pivot to jobs four years ago.

Paris

#42 Jan 1, 2013
REM223 wrote:
The Senate Repubs caved and the house will probably do the same. It`s a sick game these political hacks are playing with American lives. We will never see any real spending cuts from this cummunist mooslim lovin administration.
The only way we would have seen serious cuts was to have gone over the cliff. The next 5 generations will be paying for this screwup which was caused by the DC scum in the first place.
How can the republicans in the Senate do anything other than what Obama has been doing. They agreed to do what he wanted, then he as before demanded more. He wants the cliff, let's give it to him. America isn't as stupid and you children and entitlements......your motto is, JUST GET THE NAME ON THE CHECK RIGHT........to hell with the rest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 10 min bad bob 2,190
News Notre Dame graduates walk out on Pence as he to... 28 min tomin cali 40
News US, Turkey dispute fighting in DC as ambassador... 32 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 3
News VA cuts ribbon on new clinic in Greenbrier County 40 min Rev Don Wildmoan 2
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 48 min Limbertwig 269,711
News GOP at war with itself (Mar '16) 54 min Tm Cln 3,818
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 1 hr Drumpf Disaster 222
More from around the web