Back pay backlash: Should federal wor...

Back pay backlash: Should federal workers really get shutdown pay?

There are 53 comments on the Washington Times story from Oct 6, 2013, titled Back pay backlash: Should federal workers really get shutdown pay?. In it, Washington Times reports that:

After four days of whimpering and sniveling from federal employees, the Republican-controlled House unanimously approved retroactive pay for furloughed workers affected by the shutdown Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Make America Great Again”

Since: Jun 07

Bring Obama Back!

#1 Oct 6, 2013
Again, I just sit back and laugh at the hypocrisy of the tea-bagging right-wingers as they desperately look to reverse the public’s perception of their cold-hearted and evil government shutdown… they are so against government waste and shrinking the size of government to the point that they voted to pay government workers for not working instead of actually opening back up the government so that they can get paid for actual work.

But hey, these are the same idiots who think that they can win the public relations battle by saying the President shutdown the government after Ted Cruz blabbered on for 21 hours about shutting down the government over OBAMACARE.

The right has lost again… they just want to do as much damage to their brand as possible before they drag them out the Capital. 2014 and 2016 is looking even better than I expected… Thanks tea-baggers for making sure the Progressive Left takes complete control of this government.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2 Oct 6, 2013
So I can sit home on my ass for a couple of weeks an STILL get my normal pay?

Cool!

Gotta get me one of them non-essential government jobs.

Where do I sign up?
fatbacks x

Portland, OR

#3 Oct 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
So I can sit home on my ass for a couple of weeks an STILL get my normal pay?
Cool!
Gotta get me one of them non-essential government jobs.
Where do I sign up?
That would be www.peckerneck/ cockroach. com

Since: Feb 07

Whitman,Ma

#4 Oct 6, 2013
No.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#5 Oct 6, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Again, I just sit back and laugh at the hypocrisy of the tea-bagging right-wingers as they desperately look to reverse the public’s perception of their cold-hearted and evil government shutdown… they are so against government waste and shrinking the size of government to the point that they voted to pay government workers for not working instead of actually opening back up the government so that they can get paid for actual work.
I wonder too if these "little guvment" folks see the irony of this.

Perhaps it all comes down to jobs, jobs, jobs! LOLL
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#6 Oct 6, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder too if these "little guvment" folks see the irony of this.
Perhaps it all comes down to jobs, jobs, jobs! LOLL
None of this is about government spending or government debt; teaboogers are opposed to neither spending nor debt, just government.
Osama Obama

Shippensburg, PA

#7 Oct 6, 2013
Its to keep all of the scandals of this administration out of the news.
Fire the GOP

San Jose, CA

#8 Oct 6, 2013
Osama Obama wrote:
Its to keep all of the scandals of this administration out of the news.
So the TEA Baggers work for the Obama administration now too? The TEA Bagger's shutdown and Cruz's filibuster are some carefully crafted White House Administration plan? Wow...this administration is alot smarter than I thought!
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#9 Oct 6, 2013
Fire the GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
So the TEA Baggers work for the Obama administration now too? The TEA Bagger's shutdown and Cruz's filibuster are some carefully crafted White House Administration plan? Wow...this administration is alot smarter than I thought!
These gophers can twist anything to make it some crazy vooodooooo conspiracy.

Saw two wonderful comments in the newspapers today:

(1) Cruz "soiling the swamp" of the republicant party
(2) All these gopher shenanigans will make their favorite ex Speaker a lot more powerful! Who would have thunk it?

Location hidden

#10 Oct 6, 2013
He was elected, even if the IRS corrupted the process, and the bloated government is not his doing alone.
The DNC and RhINOs have been gaming the American people since they found a way to give themselves a raise.
The House of Representatives has the charter to SET the budget.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#11 Oct 6, 2013
If shutdown pay were denied to members of Congress, we'd see a quick solution.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#12 Oct 6, 2013
RayOne wrote:
He was elected, even if the IRS corrupted the process, and the bloated government is not his doing alone.
The DNC and RhINOs have been gaming the American people since they found a way to give themselves a raise.
The House of Representatives has the charter to SET the budget.
Which means it's the Teabagging GOPasaurs who are responsible for adding FOUR TRILLION to the national debt since 2010.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#13 Oct 6, 2013
If Mr. Perpetual Suntan would just let his
Republicans in the House have a vote on the
C.R., this whole thing might be over in a day.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Oct 6, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Again, I just sit back and laugh at the hypocrisy of the tea-bagging right-wingers
it takes a loyal glbt to admit that right wingers teabag them, lay back and enjoy pattie.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#15 Oct 6, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
If shutdown pay were denied to members of Congress, we'd see a quick solution.
This morning on "This Week", Boehner was asked about his pay - his answer - "I've offered to rescind my pay until this is resolved".

Does this sound as if he actually gave his paycheck back? Of course not! ore fluff, no substance.

He was grilled pretty good by George too - with videos showing he was willing to pass a clean CR 6 months ago.

A f'in clown being dictated to by the fringe wing of the republiCANTS party.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#16 Oct 6, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
This morning on "This Week", Boehner was asked about his pay - his answer - "I've offered to rescind my pay until this is resolved".
Does this sound as if he actually gave his paycheck back? Of course not! ore fluff, no substance.
He was grilled pretty good by George too - with videos showing he was willing to pass a clean CR 6 months ago.
A f'in clown being dictated to by the fringe wing of the republiCANTS party.
If we could find a way to deny Boehner access to his tanning bed, maybe he'd be a little more cooperative.

Location hidden

#17 Oct 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Which means it's the Teabagging GOPasaurs who are responsible for adding FOUR TRILLION to the national debt since 2010.
History will not hold them blameless.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#18 Oct 6, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
But hey, these are the same idiots who think that they can win the public relations battle by saying the President shutdown the government after Ted Cruz blabbered on for 21 hours about shutting down the government over OBAMACARE.
The right has lost again… they just want to do as much damage to their brand as possible before they drag them out the Capital. 2014 and 2016 is looking even better than I expected… Thanks tea-baggers for making sure the Progressive Left takes complete control of this government.
Obama Pleads: Don't Give Up on Health Exchanges...just because they don't work and I lie about what I didn't read.

“Trump fixing Obama's mess”

Since: Mar 09

& Making America Great Again!

#19 Oct 6, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
I laugh at YOUR hypocrisy...you blamed the Republicans for the shutdown and caused federal workers to suffer and then you criticize them when they vote to give them back pay. Youre just a stupid sheeple who gets all his left wing troll talking points from Daily Kooks and the crazy HuffoPost.
Osama Obama

Shippensburg, PA

#20 Oct 6, 2013
Dem Carolyn [baloney] Maloney left an interesting comment slip during an interview.She said when questioned,Noone wants spending cuts or I mean a government shutdown.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Charles Barkley 23 min Super Glue 4
News GOP health bill all but dead; McCain again deal... 35 min Tea Bag Residue C... 76
News GOP bill will offer Dreamers citizenship after ... 38 min Fed Up in North C... 2
News U.S. Senate opposition to Obamacare repeal bill... 45 min Tea Bag Residue C... 1
News GOP health care bill appears doomed as Collins ... 50 min Tea Bag Residue C... 1
News Jimmy Kimmel transforms debate, and shows comed... 58 min SirLiesAlot 104
News Trump, the 'America First' president, goes to t... 1 hr Chilli J 455
More from around the web