NSA: Programs foiled 50 terror plots

NSA: Programs foiled 50 terror plots

There are 18 comments on the Toledo Blade story from Jun 18, 2013, titled NSA: Programs foiled 50 terror plots. In it, Toledo Blade reports that:

The director of the National Security Agency said today the government's sweeping surveillance programs have foiled some 50 terrorist plots worldwide, including one directed at the New York Stock Exchange, in a forceful defense of spy operations that was echoed by the leaders of the House Intelligence Committee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Toledo Blade.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#1 Jun 18, 2013
Sure it did. Can we say they are spewing bullshit to justify themselves? Sounds like it.

Ok, if you foiled all of these plots, then disclose all of them. Unclassify all documents and transcripts. Spill the beans. All of it.

Whats that? Is that crickets I hear?

Let me ask the people this. When have they ever, government, ever actually told the people the truth? When was the last time we were given all of the documents and facts without political spin?

Oh wait. never happened before in history.

We just have to accept their word for it. And not even their word. Word from the media that they got from an "official". You know, second hand information.
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#2 Jun 18, 2013
So when the plot is foiled, the people are arrested for wrong-doing, there is a public trial, with public sentencing all on the public record?

How much time were they given for their crimes?

Or are they just weaving a 'plausible' story for public consumption?

50 foiled plots and not one single public trial?

Did they 'really' do something or were they just 'accused' of maybe having a plan? And then they seem to vanish off the face of the planet.

Scarry stuff (and I'm not talking about the terrorists).
Reality Bites

AOL

#3 Jun 18, 2013
Targeting potential terrorists is a good idea. Blanket surveillance of the American people is Orwellian crap and must be STOPPED. Big Brother supposedly monitoring Big Brother is a JOKE.

Americans can't let Big Brother destroy our lives purely for political reasons as we just saw with the Obama's IRS and DOJ scandals.
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#4 Jun 18, 2013
How much terrortory?50 plots? In Toledo....Tax do?
luvvly

United States

#5 Jun 18, 2013
But they missed the corrupt officials at the IRS using their power to help Obama win the election? Some sort of professional courtesy?(You know, as in why sharks don't eat lawyers!)
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#6 Jun 18, 2013
The right of return.....I am persuing Aliyah.....
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#7 Jun 18, 2013
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#8 Jun 18, 2013
Yay te Hay
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#9 Jun 18, 2013
Yah
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#10 Jun 18, 2013
Butt do you have gas tank insurance?

http://www.mynews4.com/news/local/story/Gas-t...
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#11 Jun 18, 2013
Acomplishing an alternative method of gas drilling....
Redman

Choctaw, OK

#12 Jun 18, 2013
To NSA Lair's.... You might get a few fools to believe this BS but I don't believe it nor do I trust you or the government at any level.
Frank

Polk City, FL

#13 Jun 18, 2013
50 terror plots ????? Really ???? Where are the suspects ....oh wait they must not be all white male tea party members but the typical savage Muslim animal.

but wait ! I thought that since the incompetent, empty suit Barry Obama tracked down and took out Bin Laden all this terrorist crap was over ....well at least that what all the clueless boobs who voted for him thought.

Why didn't all these admitted collected records of millions of calls and text messages obtained over the years fail to stop the Shoe bomber , the Times Square attempted bombing. The Boston marathon bombing, Ft Hood massacre, the completely under reported and covered up Santa Monica University shootings just a few weeks ago shhhhh. The kid was a Muslim but don't say anything .....

Who are they really listening to ?????
iRobuttee

Noblesville, IN

#15 Jun 18, 2013
Halito wrote:
Butt do you have gas tank insurance?
http://www.mynews4.com/news/local/story/Gas-t...
butttt gas meetank?!!!;-00000
doofy

Marietta, GA

#16 Jun 18, 2013
What about Boston?
Reality Bites

AOL

#17 Jun 19, 2013
Frank wrote:
50 terror plots ????? Really ???? Where are the suspects ....oh wait they must not be all white male tea party members but the typical savage Muslim animal.
but wait ! I thought that since the incompetent, empty suit Barry Obama tracked down and took out Bin Laden all this terrorist crap was over ....well at least that what all the clueless boobs who voted for him thought.
Why didn't all these admitted collected records of millions of calls and text messages obtained over the years fail to stop the Shoe bomber , the Times Square attempted bombing. The Boston marathon bombing, Ft Hood massacre, the completely under reported and covered up Santa Monica University shootings just a few weeks ago shhhhh. The kid was a Muslim but don't say anything .....
Who are they really listening to ?????
Perfectly Stated.
Reality Bites

AOL

#19 Jun 19, 2013
Another Day wrote:
I have never jeard of 50 plots since Obama has been id office and if so then why wasn't all this in the news. I mean the little SOB has made it a point in the past to share all this info. What a fking liar this dude is.
Yes..... but he is all Americans thought their families deserved. So we have no choice but to submit to Big Brother at the direct expense of the very Freedoms tens of thousands of American DIED to defend over the last two hundred years. We are Pathetic. Own It.
Reality Bites

AOL

#21 Jun 21, 2013
Another Day wrote:
<quoted text>Hello!!!! What the hell did you just say? You post made no sence at all. I will give you another shot.
Isn't English your first language???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Millstone 279,829
News Thousands march in L.A. for impeachment of Trum... 7 min ThomasA 9
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 10 min bad bob 16,825
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 19 min replaytime 221,946
News Burchett: I'm running for U.S. House or Senate ... 56 min Chilli J 216
News House to consider ban on transgender surgery fo... 1 hr totallydisgusted 201
News 'Let Obamacare fail,' Trump says after GOP plan... 1 hr WasteWater 68
More from around the web