Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 172081 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Hemet123

Hemet, CA

#117145 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
do you have anything important to say or are you just going to jump in every 2-4 hours with one comment and try to be a comedian? which you fail at tremendously by the way.
Service to Others
and a better future.
Regardless of how it all got here
That's more important than everything you've said all day.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#117146 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
i hold a PhD in engineering, a masters in chemistry and currently seeking a PhD in business administration. also i hold a bachelors in criminology.
What type of engineering? What type of chemistry?
wondering

Sunset, TX

#117147 Jul 6, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
and you are who?,, oh yeah you are the one i complimented the other day about being smart and you replied back with an insult. i have given the same information you have. what's next, what school, what state, what town, where do you work, where do you live? i don't think so creepy geek.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#117148 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
and you are who?,, oh yeah you are the one i complimented the other day about being smart and you replied back with an insult. i have given the same information you have. what's next, what school, what state, what town, where do you work, where do you live? i don't think so creepy geek.
It is fairly obvious to just about everyone that you have been lying.

A person who had a masters in chemistry would know how and when peer review is used. You don't. Ergo you are a liar.
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

#117149 Jul 6, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Subduction Zone ,
DanFromSmithvill e
polymath257

You're all very nice and you don't deserve this guy's abuse

For the Wikipedia guidance essay, see Wikipedia:Cyberbullying.

Indigo awareness ribbon
Cyberbullying is the use of Information Technology to harm or harass other people in a deliberate, repeated, and hostile manner.[1] According to U.S. Legal Definitions, Cyber-bullying could be limited to posting rumors or gossips about a person in the internet bringing about hatred in otherís minds; or it may go to the extent of personally identifying victims and publishing materials severely defaming and humiliating them.[2]
With the increase in use of these technologies, cyberbullying has become increasingly common,

From < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberbullying> ;

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#117150 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
do you have anything important to say or are you just going to jump in every 2-4 hours with one comment and try to be a comedian? which you fail at tremendously by the way.
I'm gonna do what ever I fell like doing, wondering.
You didn't answer the question though, Sherlock in your spare time on another thread.
wondering

Sunset, TX

#117151 Jul 6, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
A person who had a masters in chemistry would know how and when peer review is used. You don't. Ergo you are a liar.
that is as weak as you saying clade is synonym for kind. idiot jack wagon
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

#117152 Jul 6, 2014
Wondering has been
harassing other people in a deliberate, repeated, and hostile manner.[1] According to U.S. Legal Definitions.

AS if I haven't been watching this ALL DAY
8:25 PM pst
wondering

Sunset, TX

#117153 Jul 6, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm gonna do what ever I fell like doing, wondering.
You didn't answer the question though, Sherlock in your spare time on another thread.
why don't you play sherlock and go see.
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

#117154 Jul 6, 2014
Don't return the insults - it keeps the drama going,
Keeps Wonder coming back for more and
Keeps the evidence piling up
8:33

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#117155 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
you seem to be on the other side of the fence from evolution science.
not picking on you but what do you believe in? you don't have to explain why.
have you done your homework? if you have, then according to subduction zone you are an expert in that field. just thought i would let you know. so don't take their crap, you are an expert!
Stop wondering, I believe there is God and from your post you don't , what side are you?

“Rising”

Milky Way

#117156 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
why don't you play sherlock and go see.
Oh no, we are too busy laughing at your attempt to be Sherlock, Mr. wonderful.
wondering

Sunset, TX

#117157 Jul 6, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
furthermore any science claim that is published to the public/for the public to see, be it video or article should be peer reviewed, otherwise it is just one persons opinion. end of story lying jack wagon. good day
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

#117158 Jul 6, 2014
8:47 PM pst

Everett, WA

#117159 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
that is as weak as you saying clade is synonym for kind. idiot jack wagon
Good, you admit that I am right.

A person with a PhD in any school of engineering and a masters in any discipline of chemistry would know when peer review is required. It is not used for settled science, which caldes are. There is nothing particularly new or even controversial about that tool of classification. If you were not such a lying moron you would know when to ask for peer review.

Also if you were not a lying moron you would not keep forgetting that using clade as a synonym for clade was MY definition and no one else's. You challenged me to come up with a working definition of "kind".

You really are not all that bright.

Seriously try to follow along. You only make yourself look like a fool.
Hemet123

Hemet, CA

#117160 Jul 6, 2014
Goodnight all.
wondering

Sunset, TX

#117161 Jul 6, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Stop wondering, I believe there is God and from your post you don't , what side are you?
science is not about whether there is a god or not. that is a misunderstanding people have of science. science is about what we have to study trying to explain the past and in some cases the future. we accomplish that by finding things, seeing them, touching them, testing them, interacting with them on different levels. we do all that to try to tell and learn more about our past than we know or have been told by your religion. the bible is clearly false in several places.
i support evolution for science supports and backs its evidence through thorough tested theories, rigorous study, testing its own theories repeatedly, never stopping the move forward which means more testing of new evidence, old evidence and its theories again and through molecular biology coupled with the fossil record which supports what evolution partially, but mostly predicts. The similarities are there to be seen. now do i think there may be a god, that is simply we don't know. but again science is not about looking for god or trying to disprove god.

Everett, WA

#117162 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
furthermore any science claim that is published to the public/for the public to see, be it video or article should be peer reviewed, otherwise it is just one persons opinion. end of story lying jack wagon. good day
No, peer review is only used for new ideas. You should still be able to provide a link if necessary, but I do not have to provide a peer reviewed article to show that f = GmM/r^, when I am talking about the gravitational force between two masses. A Wiki article or other well accepted source is good enough, just remember that there can be mistakes in simple articles like Wiki. You have to be read for those too. I doubt if you are going to find a peer reviewed article to support that equation.

So you can demand a source. It need not be peer reviewed.

What a Maroon!
wondering

Sunset, TX

#117163 Jul 6, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, you admit that I am right.
A person with a PhD in any school of engineering and a masters in any discipline of chemistry would know when peer review is required. It is not used for settled science, which caldes are. There is nothing particularly new or even controversial about that tool of classification. If you were not such a lying moron you would know when to ask for peer review.
Also if you were not a lying moron you would not keep forgetting that using clade as a synonym for clade was MY definition and no one else's. You challenged me to come up with a working definition of "kind".
You really are not all that bright.
Seriously try to follow along. You only make yourself look like a fool.
again you show your idiocy. i never asked for peer reviewed science on clade. i asked you for peer reviewed science that backs your claim of clade being synonymous with kind. they would have to agree on that. good day lying jack wagon.

“Rising”

Milky Way

#117164 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
again you show your idiocy. i never asked for peer reviewed science on clade. i asked you for peer reviewed science that backs your claim of clade being synonymous with kind. they would have to agree on that. good day lying jack wagon.

All you need is a damn dictionary, wonderful...

Clade
A clade or monophylum is a group consisting of an ancestor and all its descendants, a single "branch" on the "tree of life". The ancestor may be an individual, a population or even a species.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Jay 190,679
News 14 GOP Hopefuls Speak in Trump-Free Forum 1 hr OccupyThis 30
News Nikki Haley Supports Spartanburg "Resettlement"... 1 hr Trumpeter 10
News GOP hopefuls take on illegal immigration in deb... 1 hr Synque 18
News Fox News announces GOP debate field 2 hr Responsibility 7
News Planned Parenthood seeks fed study of fetal tis... 2 hr Responsibility 213
News States' targets shift in final Obama climate ch... 3 hr Drama Clowns 10
More from around the web