Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,424)

Showing posts 68,461 - 68,480 of112,008
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

And Yussef was and still is a very common name in the Middle East. Would you get all excited if they found Yussef's restaurant since it had neon signs that said:

"Eat At Joe's"

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
Computers contain organic compounds already, and the term "organic computer" does not mean "made of organic material" as you stated, idiot. They are two completely different things. Sheesh, did you drop out of school in kindergarten?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The archaeology for the Exodus was already posted on p 1.
No Jews were ever found in Egypt.
Zackly

Pass Christian, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey just reading the posts and I was thinking that even people sharing the same dna they all tend to be somewhat different and then out of the circle of ancestry we can find much that keeps our intellect functioning...
Well at least once upon a time, what makes some things seem to be less (evolved)?
Is it lack of things a loss I have my ideas but why even bother if that which doesn't understand it anyway because many things are that learned through experience and well while while it is time the process is personal...
How much of what we are going through will actually mean something...Are you sleep typing or something?
What I mean is when you have to read a paper for a test or some study you go over it and over it hopefully you have given yourself some time, because during I have found it is good to let it sit for a bit and then go back to it to see what stuck and then the read through from that point many times seems much clearer...
Haste an emotion or something else?
Man honest I don't know what I will decide on how to get through the homeless phase in my time having been that I have yet still to figure out how to really put it all down somehow for my own self...
Are you sleep walking or something?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Foul!
You are a liar.
On the contrary, I've demonstrated it. You have not addressed it. It stands until you do.

Hence I am not lying. Mistaken? Maybe. But since you just say "NO!" instead of attempting a coherent rational scientific rebuttal you have no valid cause to call me a liar other than the simple fact you disagree with me.

Your baseless religious opinions are irrelevant. Always have been. Always will be.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep asking for something you don't want. Interesting.
Oh, the irony.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
You are either lazy or a liar, which is it?
All the historians of the time record Jesus:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_J...
King David's palace discovered:
http://alltheinternet.net/...
Egypt's canal of Joseph:
"Bahr Yussef (Canal of Joseph) The Bahr Yussef is believed to have been built under the Israelite patriarch Joseph when he was vizier for Thutmosis III."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahr_Yussef
The apostle Paul founded the churches at Rome and Cetls who wrote the books of Romans and Galatians,(not the catholic church).
You can kepp Joseph's canal to yourself...perv.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
False analogy. If nothing is complex, then you would have an answer to how planets were exactly formed and be able to replicate them, let alone a universe, or can you? It's why you need an intelligent agent as a cause of how it created such complexity as the solar system, because then it would make your argument valid. Because only such intelligent agent would be able to 'easily' create or manipulate such complex system.
Actually it wasn't me using the analogy. I was pointing out why the analogy was flawed. If you claim something complex needs a designer you must therefore have some idea how the designer did it. That's HOW we know observable phenomena are designed or not, such as computers, houses, birds nests, whatever. Otherwise it's argument from ignorance - "Gee, that's so complicated we have no idea how it happened. Therefore Goddidit!"

If a designer is posited then one must have evidence of its existence and have an idea of the mechanisms it used to do whatever it is you think it did.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Poof poof!
It is in the Darwin's crowd thread under the evolution debate, are you denying that your bloody loser?
Too late!
I have no need to deny what you can't demonstrate.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So, what is their mode of worship?
Who do they pray to?
Worship is not always necessary. It's about spiritual peace. I'd suggest go ask a buddhist but then you'd probably tell them how they're getting their own religion wrong anyway.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"So you are presuming that it could not possibly"
the big bang. Where nothing exploded and created everything. Or as some now are changing it up to sound less ridicules claim that when a singular (that contained all matter in the cosmos and was no bigger then this period .) exploded S L O W L Y creating everything.
Ya this second explanation sounds way more plausible. One other thing. What made it explode?
It had been sitting there for most of an entirety then just on a whim it thought
"Hey let's try something different"?
Yes sir, you folks real have something to hang your hat on with that one.
I can see why with such a solid foundation as that you feel superior enough to call creationist crazy.
Actually no, creationists are called crazy not necessarily because they think an invisible magical Jewish wizard magically poofed into existence cuz the Bible iz troo cuz teh Bible sez so, it's because you think the invisble magical Jewish wizard did it in a particular way, IN SPITE of all evidence to the contrary. In short, if a God DID do it, you are rejecting the universe it created in favour of the baseless opinions of a bunch of ancient ignorant superstitious goatherders who thought the Earth was flat.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Whether you like it or not, the bible is not fiction. Try another road.
Those characters of the bible are real, and they wrote about their histories and the past.
Did you try out and fail to get a role in "The Three Stooges"?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Dodge.
You have not addressed or answered the question.
Like i said, science have no answer in Godly matters.
I think Science did fairly well in designing modern sewage treatment systems. Except for the chemistry, it's more of an engineering thing though.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Playing to the gallery or dancing around the tree, we never solve any thing. You have no clue, whom God is.
When it comes to God, science is zero. Period.
I agree. Hence you have no clue either. You can only pretend to know otherwise, just like all the fundie Muslims, Sikhs, Jews and Hindus.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
We should not worry what Charles believes and don't understand. If he were a vicious person who follows the teachings of the bible, that's something to watch out for. It's people like him who needs to follow the bible and not someone ill-minded who will use it as a weapon against his enemies.
You really don't have anything meaningful to say here, because you lack the understanding of a professional.
You are an amateur.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, that again.
"I dunno."
"That proves Goddidit."
Hell of an argument there, son.
So, who put them there, is it big bang or what? Lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a number of very essential personages who are not attested to anywhere outside of the Bible. Times...they are a' changin'
If most of the biblical stories have been archaeologically verified, then the bible is a book of reliable history outside or inside the bible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that what History stands for the Past? Historics?
Definition of HISTORIC
: historical: as
a : famous or important in history <historic battlefields>
b : having great and lasting importance <a historic occasion>
c : known or established in the past <historic interest rates>
d : dating from or preserved from a past time or culture <historic buildings> <historic artifacts>
See historic defined for English-language learners
See historic defined for kids
Examples of HISTORIC
It's wonderful to see so many people here on this historic occasion.
She returned safely from her historic flight into space.
The court made a historic decision last week.
They know of many historic volcanic eruptions in the area.
the historic importance of the river
First Known Use of HISTORIC
Related to HISTORIC
Synonyms: big, consequential, earthshaking, earth-shattering, eventful, important, major, material, meaningful, momentous, monumental, much, significant, substantial, tectonic, weighty
Antonyms: inconsequential, inconsiderable, insignificant, little, minor, negligible, slight, small, trifling, trivial, unimportant
Educative.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If most of the biblical stories have been archaeologically verified, then the bible is a book of reliable history outside or inside the bible.
Only people and places, it's easy to write about something after it happens and include it myths, most myths contain real places, people, and even events, they're still myths. By your logic, Spiderman exists.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think a natural occurrence does not need any outside or external factors to bring about the natural processes?
Quantum physics. There is no *preceding* event prior to particle/anti-particle appearance in a vacuum, and under the axioms of quantum physics it's not necessary.

This is where the fundies use the god of the gap argument and say Goddidit, ignoring the hypocrisy of invoking such a cause which itself needs no cause.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,461 - 68,480 of112,008
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••