Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 218792 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#48797 Sep 27, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The scientific method does not try to explain things that cannot be demonstrated by reproducing the action.
Evolution is a THEORY because you cannot create an experiment for it to happen in a reasonable time frame.. Quantum mechanics is a THEORY because there is no way to observe its actions directly. They are both reasoned out to the most observable measurement then, gathering all of the before and after evidence, demonstrated to be consistently predictable phenomenon according to the theories.
Sorry. Modern science isn't living in the days before the Enlightenment. As I've said to others already, "WE DO NOT HAVE TO PROVE A NEGATIVE!!!" "Occam's Razor" is a subjective concept. Any theory IS by its very nature.
Please note the definition of "Theory" as it pertains to science. I feel you're using the term in the improper (lay person) context.

The lay definition of "Theory" is little more than a guess, the SCIENTIFIC definition is much more than that:

A scientific theory is "a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment."[1][2] Scientists create scientific theories from hypotheses that have been corroborated through the scientific method, then gather evidence to test their accuracy. As with all forms of scientific knowledge, scientific theories are inductive in nature and do not make apodictic propositions; instead, they aim for predictive and explanatory force.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theor...

“bless the USA”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#48798 Sep 27, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution has TONS of proof and 95% of scientist and colleges to support it......CREATION IS A MYTH OF A HATE FILELD BIGOTED CULT....Please sit down let us sane modern people talk....
No, there is no proof of evolution. And if you are sane, you may be living proof of our predecessors.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#48799 Sep 27, 2012
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
No, there is no proof of evolution. And if you are sane, you may be living proof of our predecessors.
LOL...Ok LIAR....Evolution has 1 trillion times the proof of creation cult myth....

“bless the USA”

Location hidden

#48800 Sep 27, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The scientific method does not try to explain things that cannot be demonstrated by reproducing the action.
Evolution is a THEORY because you cannot create an experiment for it to happen in a reasonable time frame.. Quantum mechanics is a THEORY because there is no way to observe its actions directly. They are both reasoned out to the most observable measurement then, gathering all of the before and after evidence, demonstrated to be consistently predictable phenomenon according to the theories.
Sorry. Modern science isn't living in the days before the Enlightenment. As I've said to others already, "WE DO NOT HAVE TO PROVE A NEGATIVE!!!" "Occam's Razor" is a subjective concept. Any theory IS by its very nature.
I agree. An there is no PROOF of evolution, just someone's best guess.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#48801 Sep 27, 2012
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
there is no PROOF of creation just cult myth buybull crap...
HTS

Mandan, ND

#48802 Sep 27, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't know how much they had. Certainly the brain structures involved in both were in place, but the neuronal connection patterns can change fairly rapidly in evolutionary terms.
Raw speculation

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#48803 Sep 27, 2012
The Evolutionary Psychologist and the Therapist Who Believed in Creationism

A man went for therapy for a phobia of spiders. The therapist wasn't very helpful; he said he was an evolutionary psychologist who believed fears of spiders came about because millions of years ago, monkeys were scared of them and the fear was passed down the generations. He said that since the man's fear originated millions of years ago, all psychologists who could get to the root of his problem and thus cure it for him were long, long dead. So he said the man would have to put up with it.

I suggested to the man that he go to a therapist who believed in intelligent design instead. But he said he was scared the psychologist would say spiders were God's creation so how dare he be scared of something created by God.

I tried to reassure him by pointing out that creationism teaches that lions are created by God, but no one in their right mind would suggest people shouldn't be scared of those.

The man went to a creationist psychologist. He was a bit scared to say what his problem was straightaway, so he shyly asked,

"If I tell you I'm scared of lions, will you say there's anything wrong with that?"

The psychologist assumed the man must be so scared of lions it was badly affecting his life. So he said,

"There are ways I could help you over a fear of lions. For instance, we could go to the zoo, and you can get gradually closer to a lion till you can tolerate being just on the other side of its cage and you're not scared."

The man remembered what I'd said about how no one in their right mind would suggest people shouldn't be scared of lions. He came home, and said,

"Creationists are crazy!"

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#48804 Sep 27, 2012
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard to see how this is a result of chaos though:
http://www.dnalc.org/resources/3d/03-mechanis...
Lucky for us evolutionists that we don't predict the formation of that by a chaotic process then, isn't it?

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#48805 Sep 27, 2012
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
And there is no PROOF that anyone ever killed anyone else, even if you have DNA, eyewitness, and video recordings. Proof in the way you are misusing the term is used in mathematics not in science. In science the best it gets is a well accepted scientific theory. So there is no proof of gravity, that germs cause diseases, that matter is made of atoms, we could go on. You need to take a basic class on how science works.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#48806 Sep 27, 2012
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
In ignorance people make such unfounded claims.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#48807 Sep 27, 2012
the dark lord wrote:
Do you think i am right Charles about the theory of evolution.
In what sense, please be exact.

Location hidden

#48808 Sep 27, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't appreciate good humor.
What about that URL?
Just google the address, the needed page, will be opened.

“bless the USA”

Location hidden

#48809 Sep 27, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> In ignorance people make such unfounded claims.
Prove it.

“bless the USA”

Location hidden

#48810 Sep 27, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Lucky for us evolutionists that we don't predict the formation of that by a chaotic process then, isn't it?
Tell us then how it came to be.

Location hidden

#48811 Sep 27, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This response did not include a URL and is now considered proof and admission that you are not only lying, but also know that you are lying.
You can't provide a link because no link exists.
Google the link and see for your self...

Location hidden

#48812 Sep 27, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
As a life long English speaker I can tell you that you are a derailed train.
Life long English speaker?
You have no sense of humour.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#48813 Sep 27, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Just google the address, the needed page, will be opened.
Just learn english, the needed words, will be found.

Location hidden

#48814 Sep 27, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
No one here disputes you are OCD and need to be right.
No one can contest that.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#48815 Sep 27, 2012
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us then how it came to be.
What? Life? Evolution makes no claim as to how life began, only how it diversified.

And anyways, abiogenisis is the logical conclusion to make when there is no proof of a deity.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#48816 Sep 27, 2012
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> In ignorance people make such unfounded claims.
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
See post #48800 above for evidence of ignorant people making unfounded claims.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Russian political elites revel in Trump's inaug... 3 min Mikey 6
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min inbred Genius 256,485
News Envoy to UN Calls Russia Threat to US and World... 11 min Mikey 12
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 17 min Brian_G 14,903
News Donald Trump may have just destroyed the Republ... 24 min Le Jimbo 38
News Amid Scandal, Tom Price Undergoes Confirmation ... 27 min Le Jimbo 15
News Can Democrats learn to fight fire with fire? 30 min Le Jimbo 71
More from around the web