Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223360 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#47874 Sep 24, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are just an educated clown...
Well, I don't think humor should always be based on rudimentary concepts, no. I never went to school to be a comedian though.

Charles, you're really all knotted up inside. The door is always open. You just would rather hide in the dark and wait for a magic ladder to descend from the sky for you.

What both you and MAAT need to understand is that the majority here are Americans and we really don't know what kind of personality profiles we'll run into from day to day. We're all pretty much mutts from different backgrounds and places. Stop laying down ground rules. Nobody is going to follow them, but bad behavior still will get you in trouble so think before you post.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#47875 Sep 24, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Let's her your definition of complexity... I know you won't give me one because evolutionists don't believe that complexity exists.
I define complexity as a relative term. If you want to use it as a scientific term, feel free to define it yourself.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#47876 Sep 24, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
Any challenge to that?
Siily.

Having had your hat handed to you over the linguistic issue, you're thrashing around looking for something else to glom on to.

You picked up the "Albright was an atheist" bit from another thread (where it was debunked), and now you're testing out Western European linguistic anthropology.

You really should stick to subjects with which you're familiar.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#47877 Sep 24, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
They ride Harley motorcycles and people call them "bikers".
Don't piss them off though they might throw their motorcycle at you!
Well, I don't feel like catching a Harley in the midsection today.

Both Charles and MAAT seem to ID as northern Europeans who don't speak English as a first language and they stereotype a little more accurately than I ever imagined. It is kind of funny but the name calling is not impressing me.

I'm no grammar fanatic(I won't use the other word for fear that things would REALLY go off topic!) but I can't think of a way to impress upon them that science is not a Wagnerian opera. We're not waiting for the fat lady to sing!
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#47878 Sep 24, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Siily.
Having had your hat handed to you over the linguistic issue, you're thrashing around looking for something else to glom on to.
You picked up the "Albright was an atheist" bit from another thread (where it was debunked), and now you're testing out Western European linguistic anthropology.
You really should stick to subjects with which you're familiar.
God, no! Not that! Anything but that!

The Borderland of Sol

#47879 Sep 24, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
God, no! Not that! Anything but that!
Laffin.

Concedo.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#47880 Sep 24, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't you read? It is fairly obvious that he said that came from one of the Mormon books. The Mormons are quite a bit different from most other Christians. In fact many don't consider them Christians, but since they believe in Jesus and nailing him to a tree and everything by definition they are Christians.
I Know The Bibles Mention Of The Origin Of Blacks.....I Simply Asked Where The Quote Came From. Unlike You, I Don't Assume To Be An Authority On All Things.

Your Obsession With Religion And Christians, Leaves Me Wondering.

" Many Dont Consider Them Christians "...???

Are You Sure ?

I Don't Consider Most Christians...Christians.

A Simple Test.....The Bible Gave Us Ten Commandments, Any Religion Not Teaching The Adherence Of These Laws, Is Not Gods Church. To Most Peoples Surprise, 99 Percent Fail This Test.

That's Not To Say That People In These Churches Don't Believe In God Or Jesus....And That Is How They Describe Being Christian, But They Are Unknowingly Missing The Point.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#47881 Sep 24, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
Good! The language called, English, started where?
Most likely, in the Pontic-Caspian steppes, where all Indo-European languages began.

Tampa, FL

#47882 Sep 24, 2012
No, most quotes are in the original writings of the people who wrote them.
Where is your quote from Albright? Google can't locate it and it's not in Wikipedia, so where is it?
Could you be lying about it? Yup, that's what happened.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Say whatever you feel like saying. The fact remains, you are a fraud and a liar. Period.
Prove it.

Tampa, FL

#47883 Sep 24, 2012
Prove it, Charles, the way that I have already proved you to be a liar.
Charles Idemi wrote:
You have just proved your self like your friend, to be a liar.
And how, exactly, did I do that, Charles?
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#47884 Sep 24, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
I Know The Bibles Mention Of The Origin Of Blacks.....I Simply Asked Where The Quote Came From. Unlike You, I Don't Assume To Be An Authority On All Things.
Your Obsession With Religion And Christians, Leaves Me Wondering.
" Many Dont Consider Them Christians "...???
Are You Sure ?
I Don't Consider Most Christians...Christians.
A Simple Test.....The Bible Gave Us Ten Commandments, Any Religion Not Teaching The Adherence Of These Laws, Is Not Gods Church. To Most Peoples Surprise, 99 Percent Fail This Test.
That's Not To Say That People In These Churches Don't Believe In God Or Jesus....And That Is How They Describe Being Christian, But They Are Unknowingly Missing The Point.
Right. And if you've got a mentally unstable parent or maybe two, you're just going to "honor them"? If you're drafted and put in a life or death war, you won't kill?

The Old Testament is all about dynastic position in a gerontocracy. As with any successful government, there are benefits and there are drawbacks. Your type is just lowly slave catchers, poaching from other communities.

Tampa, FL

#47885 Sep 24, 2012
Nope. There is no single "Standard English" in the world. There are many.
Since you are such an enormous fan of Wikipedia, perhaps you'll enjoy this: "Standard English (often shortened to S.E. within linguistic circles) refers to whatever form of the English language is accepted as a national norm in an Anglophone country...In the United States it is generally associated with the 'General American' accent, and in Australia with General Australian.".
Care to admit your error now?
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ok!
Who brought the language, to those countries mentioned by you?
First, are you admitting your error? Let's start with that before we move on to a new topic.

Tampa, FL

#47886 Sep 24, 2012
Nope. To be a majority in the world, there would have to be more than 50% of the world as Christian.
But only 33% of the world is Christian.
Therefore, Christians are a minority in the world, not a majority.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong!
Between Islam, Christianity, Atheism, Hinduism and Budhism etc. Christianity, is the highest.
It doesn't matter what is the "highest". You claimed that Christians were the *majority* in the world. "Majority" means *more than 50%*. Christians are only 33% of the world's population. Therefore, Christians are not the majority.

Will you now admit your error?

Tampa, FL

#47887 Sep 24, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
I am saying that, the English you are relying on, does not belongs to you. It belongs to the English Americans.
It doesn't "belong" to anyone. Anyone is free to speak English, or not.

Tampa, FL

#47888 Sep 24, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If really i was absent, i know where to find my Oxford, Chambers and Cambridge dictionaries.
Obviously not, since you didn't know who an optician was.

Tampa, FL

#47889 Sep 24, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
Albright, the late professor, was an atheist.
Evidence? Provide a quote, written by Albright himself, where he claimed to be an atheist.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#47890 Sep 24, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Most likely, in the Pontic-Caspian steppes, where all Indo-European languages began.
Almost all. There are exceptions such as Basque.

Tampa, FL

#47891 Sep 24, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
Any challenge to that?
Yup, I challenge it, since it's a non-functioning link.

Tampa, FL

#47892 Sep 24, 2012
anonymous wrote:
Almost all. There are exceptions such as Basque.
Basque isn't an Indo-European language.

The Borderland of Sol

#47893 Sep 24, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't "belong" to anyone. Anyone is free to speak English, or not.
Be a bit easier if Ay de mi chose "to" more often.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Quivering Lip Lib... 59,646
News Many Christian conservatives are backing Alabam... 5 min Smackdown2017 1,919
News Area lawmakers react to deadly school shooting 7 min grow up 5
News 2 dead, 17 wounded in shooting at Kentucky high... 8 min javawhey 725
News FBI in public fight with Trump over releasing R... 12 min big tiki 1,523
News Trump tweets endorsement of Romney Senate run 29 min mr gleeble 2
News 'Get on the Right Side': Shooting Survivors Dec... 34 min javawhey 154
More from around the web