Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#47767 Sep 23, 2012
bohart wrote:
amino acids are not life, RNA is not life,nuleic acids, lipids,phosphates,and on and on are not life
And yet all of those are components of organic molecules, and have been demonstrated to be able to come into existence as a result of non-living processes.

Exactly what we would expect to find if non-living material led to the earliest life.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#47768 Sep 23, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not an atheist. I am a Christian.
Another perfectly good theory shot to hell by the facts.
Again, you cannot give a scientific definition of "complexity". For how long will you continue to run from this.
Oh, well! Your testimony doesn't count you vampire, you!!

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#47769 Sep 23, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I had Tonka trucks back when they were made in Minnetonka Minnesota.
(hence their name "Tonka") the Big yellow Tonka dump truck was inspired by the big iron mine trucks in Minnesota.
You probably don't even realize that
The steal factory's in Pittsburg and cleveland get 95% of their steal from Minnesota. Minnesota has the purest iron in the world. Orr grades above 65% pure. Orr so pure it can be welded straight out of the ground, purer then Pig iron. I bet you didn't know that 3M stands for "Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing"
I'd bet I've been out of the Corp longer then you've been alive.
10 years ya right, I've been retired from my first job for 12 years.
KJV, yes the Iron Range had some very pure ore, but you could never weld even pure hematite. This is beyond stretching the truth, this is a lie.

“Move into the light.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#47770 Sep 23, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>KJV, yes the Iron Range had some very pure ore, but you could never weld even pure hematite. This is beyond stretching the truth, this is a lie.

Possibly forge weld it together?

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#47771 Sep 23, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Possibly forge weld it together?
I suppose that you could "weld" almost any two rocks together. It will not weld the same way that iron will. To do that you would still have to smelt the ore. Pure hematite is about 67% iron by weight. Of course it is 3/5 oxygen by molar analysis. So remember when people give you figures that there is often more than one way to get an answer.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#47772 Sep 23, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Birds of a feather.
If you mean people who expect you to back up your claims, then yes, we are. Now what?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#47773 Sep 23, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong!
Without the English Americans, in the first place, there would be no English in the US.
You're right. If those people had not invaded our country, taken our land, taken our women and children and killed our men, there would be no English in America.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#47774 Sep 23, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in pizza and red wine on Friday nights.
Is English your first language?
Chocolate reigns supreme!

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#47775 Sep 23, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Complexity... A system with intricate interacting elements, each necessary for function. That is one definition.
No it's not.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#47776 Sep 23, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Another stupid strawman perpetuated by a lying atheist.
Why do you call anyone who doesn't believe the same superstitious bafflegab you believe an atheist?

Lord make me an instrument of thy peace.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#47777 Sep 23, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I just stated a fact. Islam is currently the fastest growing of the major religions.
You might find this article interesting. It explains not only that Islam and other religions are growing at a faster rate, but explains the different methods of calculating growth. Conversion seems to be the highest in Islam and other religions, while it may be that the growth in Christianity is in part due to the fact that newborns are automatically counted as members of the religion. There are some other fun facts in the article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claims_to_be_the...

In America, there is a definite interest in Buddhism and religions like it. Americans seem to be tiring of the hellfire and brimstone, stone your children religions and going toward a more peaceful, introspective type of religious association. That seems to be the biggest improvement.

I am hoping that the fundamentalist fanatics will soon be outnumbered and will have to either change or have their religion die out for good. Same with Islam and any other hate-filled religion.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#47778 Sep 23, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You're right. If those people had not invaded our country, taken our land, taken our women and children and killed our men, there would be no English in America.
Hmm. There's a perspective I was not expecting. Oh, well. Some of us dream our dreams, and some of us are always dreaming someone else's.
(enigmatic thought for the day!)

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#47779 Sep 23, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I have asked you to look up the English word "own", and have even provided you with a dictionary entry for the word. You are being made fun of, all this time, because you are misusing a word and you refuse to repent.
Who brought English to the US?
Or, was English brought to the US, yes or no?

Location hidden

#47780 Sep 23, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I just stated a fact. Islam is currently the fastest growing of the major religions.
In true sense or reality, fact can never be truth. Christianity stands above Islam, to date.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#47781 Sep 23, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Who brought English to the US?
Can we just forget about the English thing?

Location hidden

#47782 Sep 23, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he actually did win. You made a claim and failed to support it. That is a clear victory.
Two wrongs, can never make a right...

“Move into the light.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#47783 Sep 23, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Who brought English to the US?
Boats brought English to America.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#47784 Sep 23, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. To be a majority in the world, there would have to be more than 50% of the world as Christian.
But only 33% of the world is Christian.
Therefore, Christians are a minority in the world, not a majority.
But Christians count newborns as Christian. Newborns cannot make a decision to be Christian or anything else. In 2008 4,208,000 children were born. Since the US claimed 76% Christianity in 2008, that means 76% of the births were counted as members of Christian churches, which significantly decreases the number of Christians. Combine that number of children with the number of children under the age of 5 (the age when a child normally starts kindergarten and is still not able to make a choice of religion) and you decrease the number of Christians again. Then, take the number of people who have left Christianity but are still on the rolls of their churches as members. Quite a bit different than 76%, isn't it?

I left my church two years ago and ask them to remove me from their membership rolls. They still have not done that. No church wants people to know how many people are leaving the church and therefore will lie by omission about the members of people in their churches.

Many people claim Christianity on a survey simply because they do not want to say they no longer believe.

So the actual number of Christians in the US will never be known. That alone decreases the 33% claimed worldwide.

Location hidden

#47785 Sep 23, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> If you're retarded you think that.
No one including you, can deny the truth or reality. They are called the English and their influence, cut accross the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand etc.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#47786 Sep 23, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
A nonsensical response to what I wrote.
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I often wonder if Charles relies on an English/Icelandic online translator. His writing and comprehension is abysmal.
I know the British English would never be: The American English you are talking about *are* owned .....

He's full of poop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min American Lady 175,803
News Romney campaign official joins Gov. Scott Walke... 4 min SirPrize 57
News Indiana officials look to stem religious object... 5 min Mr_SKY 42
News Businesses: Indiana's gay discrimination is bad... 9 min Xstain Fatwass Ce... 73
News 'Not going to change': Indiana gov defends reli... 11 min Mr_SKY 11
News Westlands Water District hires Rep. Devin Nunes... 13 min Agents of Corruption 2
News Indiana House OKs religious objection bill by w... 30 min Xstain Fatwass Ce... 110
More from around the web