Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 199368 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#36965 Aug 9, 2012
Atlas12a wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we deal with facts and evidence not a book written by men that could very well have had schizophrenia
And I don't think anyone worships evolution as a god we know that at anytime it could be disproven just as any other scientific theory .
Bingo. We're just waiting for someone to falsify it. So far no-one can.

Unfortunately for Lango he's spamming nonsense we've addressed a million times before.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#36966 Aug 9, 2012
forreal wrote:
<quoted text>How stupid r u all? Who in the hell cares about rocks in Mars!!!All Mars has been in the past and in the future is only one thing Red Rock and that all and nothing else. Microbial life?LOL with all the money spend on that usless mission just think how many life on earth would be better off today with all that usless money spenf on Mars.
If life is shown to exist or had existed on Mars, your whole Earth and humans are god's special creation comes tumbling down.

Just think how many life on earth would be better off today with all that usless money spent on building churches.

Seffner, FL

#36967 Aug 9, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you can follow the history and blood lines back to Adam only 6000 years ago. And God stated Adam was the beginning. So if you believe the bible and science is dating stuff on earth at 4.7 billion years then there is a possibility that both are correct then God would have created a mature earth. As he did with all the other things in the bible that he created. One possibility that's all.
However, no evidence. At all.

Seffner, FL

#36968 Aug 9, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution: when you think of it you would have start at the very beginning with the primordial soup. Let's go back to the making of the soup. Rain falling on rocks for millions and millions of years washing the correct minerals and elements into a puddle to combine with the correct gases over millions of years. Then to make the fairy tail really good some thing some how created the spark of life and a speck of life came forth. Now this very primitive ( the most primitive life form ever ) lived long enough to mutate and mutate billions of times creating all forms of life ever to exist. Plants and animals adding more and more DNA along the way. Perfecting host and symbiont relationships. Fish and mammals swimming in the oceans some with gills others with blow holes then the birds in the sky and of course the birds that can't fly. Insects and ticks and worms.
Grass and trees and flowers. All from the speck of life that sprang to life with who knows how long of a life span.
Creating some as in algae to create oxygen that would be needed for the life forms that were to follow as it just kept mutating and adding DNA until the arrival of the great ape who figured it all out with no room for error and stood on his soap box and proclaimed this is how it happened no other explanation is possible.
Straw.

Since: Aug 12

Tucson, AZ

#36969 Aug 9, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Bingo. We're just waiting for someone to falsify it. So far no-one can.

Unfortunately for Lango he's spamming nonsense we've addressed a million times before.
Lol dude i just read all ur posts from today haha

Seffner, FL

#36970 Aug 9, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, so what?
The post is right there a few pages back
What did you need cleared up?
I'm aware of what you said.
Post #36691
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not religious.
So you claim not to be religious but dispute anything that contradicts Genesis.

Right!

Seffner, FL

#36971 Aug 9, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok yes if you believe in a different God then that of the bible.
Yes Satan wants us to dilute the bible.
Go with the flow.... Except the flow is going down the drain, I want to go up not down.
But you're not religious.

What a hoot!

Seffner, FL

#36972 Aug 9, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
Would a girl kissing a frog and the frog turning into a prince be considered evolution?
Still not funny.

Since: Apr 12

Beijing, China

#36973 Aug 9, 2012
I wrote:
Spam, clueless, and nuts--that's how someone else has rated your post.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt by first asking some questions:
What's the point of your first sentence?
Who ever said that Mars was inhabited?
If Mars is uninhabited, what does that prove about Creationism?
And who is trying to prove God wrong?
forreal wrote:
<quoted text>Do you believee in Alien jackass? with your stupid thoughts what make you thing otherwise who knows if you alien can ajust in Mars?LOLOLOL
You answered all three of my questions clearly and precisely.
Now I understand your position perfectly.
I thank you ever so much.

Seffner, FL

#36974 Aug 9, 2012
wolverine wrote:
Real Science Has An Agenda, And is Driven By Grants And Corruption.
Another Reason They Dont Explore Many Evidences, Is Because They Cannot Control The Outcome.
Trying To Explain Away God by An Entity That Does Not Have A Interest In Metaphysical, Or Super Natural....Is An Oxymoron.
This Whole Discussion About Science Being Some Sort OF Authority On The Existence Of A Creator, Is Ludicrous.
Science never claims to be an authority on the existence of a creator. Nor can you point to a scientific reference to back up your accusation. That's just some bullshit that you folks like to spout so as to cast science in a bad light.

It called lying.

Seffner, FL

#36975 Aug 9, 2012
yessir wrote:
<quoted text>
You participate in the error of applying a false constraint on truth: verifiability.
Our ability (or inability) to convince ourselves of reality does not in any way change reality. The earth orbited the sun long before we convinced ourselves that this was true.
The consequence of the error of 'verifiability' is that one's mind becomes closed - so much so, in fact, that even the evidence itself which most clearly points to a notion that one refuses to consider (for reasons of 'verifiability') is discounted and disregarded.
Such as?

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#36976 Aug 9, 2012
wolverine wrote:
Real Science Has An Agenda, And is Driven By Grants And Corruption.
Another Reason They Dont Explore Many Evidences, Is Because They Cannot Control The Outcome.
Trying To Explain Away God by An Entity That Does Not Have A Interest In Metaphysical, Or Super Natural....Is An Oxymoron.
This Whole Discussion About Science Being Some Sort OF Authority On The Existence Of A Creator, Is Ludicrous.
Paranoiac thinking. You can have your god. You can keep your god. Science is not trying to explain him away nor into existence. If reality throws the existence of your god into question, maybe you need a better god.

Seffner, FL

#36977 Aug 9, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And I would encourage you to post those words over every school science class.
The fallout would be fun.
And the lawyers would love it.

Since: Apr 12

Beijing, China

#36978 Aug 9, 2012
forreal wrote:
Now if Mars is inhabited than get your stupid mind off Aliens!!!
I didn't realize my mind was ON aliens.
I'm not the one who brought the subject up.
I merely asked what life on other planets implies about Evolution and Creationism.
Now will you please answer the question?
forreal

United States

#36979 Aug 9, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
If life is shown to exist or had existed on Mars, your whole Earth and humans are god's special creation comes tumbling down.
Just think how many life on earth would be better off today with all that usless money spent on building churches.
That has been your goal all along well when things fall apart on earth eat red ROCK for dinner!LOLOLOLOL Mars is nothing but rocks and it alive alright and it will fall apart like all stars in the neither furture!
forreal

United States

#36980 Aug 9, 2012
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I merely asked what life on other planets implies about Evolution and Creationism.
There is no human or life on Mars or anyother planet that all it implies.By the way 5 yrs from now the only life mar will have is the germs human live behind!LOLOLOL
RU CRS
#36981 Aug 9, 2012
Special creation is evident here on Earth, but the evidence is not as black and white as some people want it to be. It takes imagination to see things as an artist would see them, and this is how things are here in the real world. To deny the artistry in the creation of our Earth and universe is being blind to the beauty of it. Some people will see vagueness in anything which shows obvious signs of creation. Ask an honest child if he can see a face in the moon, and more times than not the answer will be yes. Scientist are naturally skeptical, but some of them will not admit the evidence if it were found, because it is vague in their eyes.
forreal

United States

#36982 Aug 9, 2012
Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think spreading our knowledge helps us? Do you know how many new technologies (many we still use today) were developed because of the space program?
do you really think scienctists will give credit to GOD? O r are they trying to to distroy eachother by making more drones?LOL

Seffner, FL

#36983 Aug 9, 2012
forreal wrote:
<quoted text>That has been your goal all along well when things fall apart on earth eat red ROCK for dinner!LOLOLOLOL Mars is nothing but rocks and it alive alright and it will fall apart like all stars in the neither furture!
Your head is nothing but rocks.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#36984 Aug 9, 2012
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps our Texican friend is confusing fact with fiction?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 2 min Denny CranesPlace 289
News Donald Trump Is Unfit to Lead 5 min Tom Clancey 77
News Violence follows California Trump rally, about ... 9 min Joe Fortuna 1,347
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 13 min WasteWater 9,771
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 25 min HILLARY 2016 228,612
News Trump hits 'hostile' media, 'rogue' Scarborough... 49 min WasteWater 319
News Study: Trump budget, tax plans add at least $10... 1 hr Chilli J 28
More from around the web