Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223384 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#37031 Aug 9, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll Leave The Cracking Of Eggheads, To you Pseudo-Intellectuals...I Find The Subject Boring And In No way Authoritative.
Constantly Learning And Unable To Find The Truth.....This Is Your Destiny.....Enjoy
Uhuh. You still got that Bigfoot hide hanging up on your wall?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#37032 Aug 9, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
Do you ever know what the fu(k you're talking about? Or do you just babble along hoping somebody reads a line or two of your BS?
Well we KNOW that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.(shrug)

Tell us about TEH SLoT again!

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#37033 Aug 9, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, someone is a itsy, bitsy, bitchy today! Are you riding the red cycle?
No not at all sheep dip.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#37034 Aug 9, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Well we KNOW that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.(shrug)

Tell us about TEH SLoT again!
Dude I'm pissing on your rug!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#37035 Aug 9, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No not at all sheep dip.
So, you are bitchy all the time.

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

#37036 Aug 9, 2012
forreal wrote:
<quoted text>do you really think scienctists will give credit to GOD? O r are they trying to to distroy eachother by making more drones?LOL
Plenty of scientists believe in God, so I would presume they would give credit to God. The important thing is we are trying to learn about the world and the universe. That should be a priority.

St. James, NY

#37037 Aug 9, 2012
RU CRS wrote:
<quoted text>If they are pure at heart and honest they will not lie to us. The only problem is they know we can be lied to and may never know the difference as they have done in the past concerning evolution.
There is no incentive to lie about Evolution, there is no benefit.

St. James, NY

#37038 Aug 9, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....You Must Have The Cleanest Brain Around....No More Washing Needed.
If you hate Science so much why are you using a computer? Or a car? Or medicine?

St. James, NY

#37039 Aug 9, 2012
RU CRS wrote:
<quoted text>If they can change the dates one way then why can't they change them the other way someday? It all sounds like guess work to me.
So refining information based on new techniques and new evidence is bad? Should medicine work the same way? Why is progress bad?

Langoliers

Location hidden

#37040 Aug 9, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>So, you are bitchy all the time.
"Black Sheep Quotes:
“Well, you have the right to make a sacrifice of yourself, but I'll be damned if I'll let you sacrifice me!”
― Georgette Heyer, Black Sheep

“My dear girl, you don't consent to an abduction! You consent to an elopement, and I knew you wouldn't do that.”

“Talking to you is like -- like talking to an eel!"

"No, is it? I've never tried to talk to an eel. Isn't it as waste of time?"

"Not such a waste of time as talking to you!”

“Has no one ever told you that it is the height of impropriety to kiss any gentleman, unless you have the intention of accompanying him immediately to the altar?”

“If you imagine that I have the smallest desire to receive your hand as a reward for having performed a difficult task to your satisfaction you're beside the bridge, my child! I've no fancy for a reluctant wife. I want your love, not your gratitude.”

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#37041 Aug 9, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Black Sheep Quotes:
“Well, you have the right to make a sacrifice of yourself, but I'll be damned if I'll let you sacrifice me!”
“My dear girl, you don't consent to an abduction! You consent to an elopement, and I knew you wouldn't do that.”
“Talking to you is like -- like talking to an eel!"
"No, is it? I've never tried to talk to an eel. Isn't it as waste of time?"
"Not such a waste of time as talking to you!”
“Has no one ever told you that it is the height of impropriety to kiss any gentleman, unless you have the intention of accompanying him immediately to the altar?”
“If you imagine that I have the smallest desire to receive your hand as a reward for having performed a difficult task to your satisfaction you're beside the bridge, my child! I've no fancy for a reluctant wife. I want your love, not your gratitude.”
No links? No proof? Must be bullshit!

“I am evolving as fast as I can”

Since: Jan 08

Brooklyn, in Dayton OH now

#37044 Aug 9, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
plagerism?
plagiarism: noun
1. an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization AND the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author: It is said that he plagiarized Thoreau's plagiarism of a line written by Montaigne.
TP: the written authorization in right on my hard drive.
Do you ever know what the fu(k you're talking about? Or do you just babble along hoping somebody reads a line or two of your BS?
Do those websites you keep copying large amounts of text ALLOW idiots like you to do so? Just because it's on a website doesn't mean it is public domain! You need a lesson in copying rights. You might check your sources. I know you won't, you have too much ego and not enough brains, but I thought you might like to know you may be breaking the law with your cutting and pasting whole pages from various sites.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#37045 Aug 9, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
As would I.
I love the smell of fried fundies in the morning.
And 'lectrified kitteh in the evening?

...snerkitty...

Location hidden

#37046 Aug 9, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironically you could be totally correct here.
But then no-one is going there expecting to find human life.
I disagree. There is anticipation of finding the remnants of life and water. Finding methane in the atmosphere implies that there is the possibility that there might be something that is alive there now. Methane is produced by living creatures. Personally, I doubt anything would still be alive there considering the high amount of radiation that continually bombards Mar's surface.

Finding life would be cool but I hope that NASA's employees have enough sense not to bring any of it back here.:-/

Location hidden

#37047 Aug 9, 2012
TedHOhio wrote:
<quoted text>
Lang, you might avoid cutting and pasting entire webpages like this. Many sitees copywrite their pages, so what you are doing is plagerism. What many allow is a short excert and a link to the source material.
As long as he doesn't claim that it's his own work there shouldn't be any problem with him quoting a webpage in his arguments.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#37048 Aug 9, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
Yea...the Mars rover Curiosity made a safe landing on mars tonite.
Congratulations to NASA
NASA?

That happened because enough people prayed hard enough and God, in mercy or by divine planning, granted it to be so. After all, the odds of launching such a thing and landing it safely must be over a gazillion to one so it could never happen without divine intervention.

/theist mode.

Big time props for all the engineers at NASA to pull this off. This is well worth the equivalent of what... 13 hours of combat operations in Iraq or Afghanistan?
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#37049 Aug 10, 2012
Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
If you hate Science so much why are you using a computer? Or a car? Or medicine?
I Do Not Hate Science....In Fact, To Those Science/Inventors...I Give Huge Thanks.
To Those Who Create Tangible, Useful Benefits...I Applaud.
To Those Who Discover And Show The World, I Greatly Appreciate.
To Those Who Are Theorizers, Who Speculate And Indoctrinate Bias....Not So Much.
Huge Difference

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#37050 Aug 10, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
I Do Not Hate Science....In Fact, To Those Science/Inventors...I Give Huge Thanks.
To Those Who Create Tangible, Useful Benefits...I Applaud.
To Those Who Discover And Show The World, I Greatly Appreciate.
To Those Who Are Theorizers, Who Speculate And Indoctrinate Bias....Not So Much.
Huge Difference
So only the immediate, tangible things science reveals is only worthwhile?

Electricity took quite some time to understand and harness for practical applications. Waste of time.

Atomic Theory was just a waste of time? It was only "theoretical" for a number of decades.

Beginning to understand the causes of earthquakes and volcanoes via plate tectonics - utter waste of time.

Germ Theory of Disease - utter waste of time.

Discovering DNA - utter waste of time.

Haddock over-fishing and collapse of a fishing industry. utter waste of time.

2000 years of translating the Bible with multiple versions and no real answers but lots of bickering and war - worth every second.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#37051 Aug 10, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
http://www.greatest-unsolved-m ysteries.com/real-life-vampire s.html
Many individuals believe that there are real life vampires. As a matter of fact, there are actually groups around the world that actively hunt vampires. Then, there are others that actually believe that they are vampires. Considering all of the propaganda and stories in circulation that offers vampire facts and tales, it is common for individuals to ask if the existence of vampires is based on fact or fiction. This continues to remain one of the worlds greatest unsolved mysteries. Here, you will find many unique vampire stories and an assortment of vampire facts.
http://webpages.shepherd.edu/ckline01/website...
It is highly possible that vampires are evolutionary creatures that drink blood to survive. The vampire bat found in South and Central America lives solely on blood. This creature is a mammal just like humans.
Firstly, Vampires are a creation by fiction writers.

Secondly, Vampire Bats are named after vampires

Many organisms feed on blood. Mosquitos, bats, leeches. That doesn't mean that Dracula is real.

Beijing, China

#37052 Aug 10, 2012
Sorry, forreal, I was slow in understanding what you were trying to say.
I had to read through all your flaming and name-calling to find any content.

Let me see if I got it right this time:
God made all the stars strictly for our amusement,
and Mars counts as a star.
Since it's all for us, there was no reason for God to put life anywhere else.
Did I get it right this time?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min JCPete 86,766
News Analysis: Tax cuts, spending to raise deficit t... 13 min Say What 50
News Despite cancer, John McCain's maverick ways pre... 17 min Shirvell s Shrivel 18
News Susan Collins: Using Children to Fix Immigratio... 23 min Say What 7
News Donald Trump calls unauthorized immigrants 'ani... 27 min Shirvell s Shrivel 909
News Trump again blames Dems for forced separation o... 2 hr OnlyOneTerm 8
News White House: Trump supports GOP leaders' immigr... 2 hr What Up Dummies 18