Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 204671 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#27479 May 22, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like one of those soap opera commericals...
You sound like a Disney commercial .

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#27480 May 22, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll go toe to toe with you on ANY of the hypotheses.
You describe an observable mechanism for Creation. I'll describe an observable mechanism for whichever abiogenesis hypothesis you can pick.
We'll see who runs out of observable mechanisms first
You start.
Go easy on the kid, we should be nicer to the mentally handicapped.
bohart

White Pine, TN

#27481 May 22, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, for the same reasons you always run away from when the evidence is presented.(shrug)
<quoted text>
The evidence, which points out everything you said here is just plain wrong. As usual.
<quoted text>
Quite simply, zip evidence for IDC.
<quoted text>
Oh, on that you are quite correct. Creationists have metaphysical (i.e. BS) objections to reality, and get upset by the fact that no-one takes their pseudo-scientific religious opinions seriously.
<quoted text>
Non-scientist non-prolific mathematician and reality denying Young Earth Creationist.
<quoted text>
Incorrect. What you have witnessed is a serious trouncing of your baseless opinions, while you run away from all evidence presented, beating up straw-men and doing your Nelson Muntz impression.
Jesus will come back before you ever even bother to attempt to address science with any intellectual honesty.
You can't help it. You're a typical lying fundie for Jesus.
A close reading of your response is...., liar ,liar your just a fundie.You have nothing but the faith of your world view.
bohart

White Pine, TN

#27482 May 22, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Go easy on the kid, we should be nicer to the mentally handicapped.
Your more in your element when your ranting about the bible, and it's cruelties and the brutal God that's in it. It 's very revealing about you. Have you a hatred of men by the way?
bohart

White Pine, TN

#27483 May 22, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't just call you ignorant uneducated fundie creotards. We demonstrate it, then merely point it out.
Or rather, YOU demonstrate it for us. Like a good little puppy-dog trained to yap on command.
Good doggie!
At Least Kitten Koder knows nobody knows how life began, and has faith it will be discovered. YOU HOWEVER EMBRACE THE IGNORANCE OF GOOISM with both hands cuddled in your ignorance along with a arrogance that only the gooists have the secret of life's beginning. Ergo a cult.
bohart

White Pine, TN

#27484 May 22, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, for the same reasons you always run away from when the evidence is presented.(shrug)
<quoted text>
The evidence, which points out everything you said here is just plain wrong. As usual.
<quoted text>
Quite simply, zip evidence for IDC.
<quoted text>
Oh, on that you are quite correct. Creationists have metaphysical (i.e. BS) objections to reality, and get upset by the fact that no-one takes their pseudo-scientific religious opinions seriously.
<quoted text>
Non-scientist non-prolific mathematician and reality denying Young Earth Creationist.
<quoted text>
Incorrect. What you have witnessed is a serious trouncing of your baseless opinions, while you run away from all evidence presented, beating up straw-men and doing your Nelson Muntz impression.
Jesus will come back before you ever even bother to attempt to address science with any intellectual honesty.
You can't help it. You're a typical lying fundie for Jesus.
" the harmony of natural law...reveals an intelligence of such superority that compared with it, all the systematic thinking and acting of human beings is an utterly insignificant reflection"

a fundie?
a creatard?
no

Albert Einstein

Go ahead Brainiac , explain how he's deluded,ignorant, uneducated.
Or maybe your ignorant, deluded, and religiously brainwashed.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#27485 May 22, 2012
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
A close reading of your response is...., liar ,liar your just a fundie.You have nothing but the faith of your world view.
Yes, but my other post demonstrated it. As do yours. I show you're a liar, others show you're a liar, you show you're a liar. The only rational conclusion can be is that you're a liar. Hence the EXTREEEEEEME selectiveness of your own responses.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#27486 May 22, 2012
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
At Least Kitten Koder knows nobody knows how life began, and has faith it will be discovered. YOU HOWEVER EMBRACE THE IGNORANCE OF GOOISM with both hands cuddled in your ignorance along with a arrogance that only the gooists have the secret of life's beginning. Ergo a cult.
And yet that's not what my posts say, is it?

Got any more straw-men to beat up, bo? Meh,'course you do...
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#27487 May 22, 2012
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
" the harmony of natural law...reveals an intelligence of such superority that compared with it, all the systematic thinking and acting of human beings is an utterly insignificant reflection"
a fundie?
a creatard?
no
Albert Einstein
Go ahead Brainiac , explain how he's deluded,ignorant, uneducated.
Or maybe your ignorant, deluded, and religiously brainwashed.
I don't have to. Problem is that Einstein did NOT back up his claim.

So uh, srsly bo. Is that all you got? Just one lame appeal to authority?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#27488 May 22, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll go toe to toe with you on ANY of the hypotheses.
You describe an observable mechanism for Creation. I'll describe an observable mechanism for whichever abiogenesis hypothesis you can pick.
We'll see who runs out of observable mechanisms first
You start.
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time you repeat this lie, it's still a lie.
The theory of evolution does not rely on abiogenesis for the same reason the theory of gravity does not rely on the origin of mass, or why the germ theory of disease does not rely on explaining the origin of germs. All three theories work fine without having to explain their respective origins.
This has been explained to you a ton of times, yet not once have you been able to address it. So you have two choices:
1 - Come up with a valid rebuttal for once.
2 - Present valid critiques why the theory of gravity and germ theory of disease are in serious doubt because they can't explain their respective origins. Obviously great care would need to be taken here in crafting your response so that people don't think you're a total nutjob for rejecting gravity and the germ theory of disease, and not accepting them like most normal sane people.
Or you could just carry on being an ignorant dishonest fundie hypocrite just like you have been for months.
Sorry, I guess that's three choices.(shrug)
<quoted text>
Again, this has been explained to you before. The opposite of random is NOT intelligence. It's not random that rocks will roll down slopes even though no intelligence is required. It is rather difficult to tell here whether you're being dishonest as usual or just plain dumb.
<quoted text>
Yet despite that evolution works, and we have demonstrated this numerous times over. WITHOUT a SINGLE rebuttal from you. Hence you are forced to move the goalposts and whine about abiogenesis and even the Big Bang (like you just did in your previous post) even though neither of which are relevant to the validity of evolution.
Unlucky, chickenburger.

Any time ya like, bo. And while you're at it you left Tangled Bank without a response over a month back. That was rude.
Maccoat

Titusville, PA

#27489 May 22, 2012
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry your wrong, that life arose on it's own from a primordial goo by natural processes is the linch pin of the theory of evolution. If you say life was created then it wasn't random,it wasn't by some 1 in a quadrillion chance, it was DIRECTED by some intelligence.Evolution crumbles with that thought, and is thrown into a chaotic religious panic to defend the faith
Read the Orgins of Spiecies and point out exactly where Darwin address the Orgins of life.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#27490 May 22, 2012
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
a fundie?
And although I'm reluctant to point to an atheist site, in this case I'm not using them to support any scientific claim I make, but using them to help clarify Einstein's position a little more:

http://www.the-atheist.com/theistic-education...

And for the sake of balance, I also present this:

"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#27491 May 22, 2012
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Your more in your element when your ranting about the bible, and it's cruelties and the brutal God that's in it. It 's very revealing about you. Have you a hatred of men by the way?
Only straight ones, but it's not a hatred, it's an aversion and fear of contamination. Straight people are less likely to know what diseases they have, making them an inherent risk, even to an asexual like me, than anyone else. However I do take each human on their own merits, when one demonstrates an interest in matters of logic and reason I can relate and even enjoy their company on a platonic level, when one focuses only on a single doctrine and never branches out their level of conversation is lacking to the point of complete and total brain shutdown due to boredom. Of course to the latter I am typically perceived as just a pair of walking tits so it's not a huge loss.

Since: May 12

Smyrna, GA

#27492 May 22, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, no, actually not even close. The whole "god particle" is actually because the Higgs Boson proves that no god is required for the universe to exist. Can't you read past the headlines at all?
That doesn't make any sense, then that would imply that Science is out to disprove God.

The "god particle" was coined by Leon Lederman the director of Fermilab in Chicago. He authored a book called The God Particle: If the Universe Is the Answer, What Is the Question?

Lederman gave this name to the particle because he felt it is "so central to the state of physics today, so crucial to our understanding of the structure of matter, yet so elusive, that I have given it a nickname ..."

He initially wanted to call it the "goddamn particle" but editors would not let him.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#27493 May 22, 2012
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry your wrong, that life arose on it's own from a primordial goo by natural processes is the linch pin of the theory of evolution. If you say life was created then it wasn't random,it wasn't by some 1 in a quadrillion chance, it was DIRECTED by some intelligence.Evolution crumbles with that thought, and is thrown into a chaotic religious panic to defend the faith
Sorry dude but Darwin wrote nothing on the beginning of life. What he was concerned about was what happened after it got going.
bohart

White Pine, TN

#27494 May 22, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to. Problem is that Einstein did NOT back up his claim.
So uh, srsly bo. Is that all you got? Just one lame appeal to authority?
"While I would fight for a persons right to have faith in science fiction, we must resist evolutionists who attempt to brainwash people into thinking that evolution is science.Evolution requires constant violations of the second law of thermodynamics in order to be plausible.If your theory is found to be against the second law of thermodynamics , I can give you no hope, there is nothing for it but to collapse in deepest humiliation"

Sir Arthur Eddington
mathematician and physicist

And before you spout the closed system bullsh#t, the second law has never ever been shown not to be enforce. he knows more than you.He however lacks your faith. Which is all you can spew.

Evolution is true.....

#27495 May 22, 2012
Obama is a Moron wrote:
<quoted text>Everybody has their panties up their crack because science is proving that the universe had a plan from the time of the big bang probably by an intelligent being of some sort. Science marches on. Look up Higgs boson or just remain stupid like you are. LOL. I couldn't give a shit.
The universe has a plan?? Wow, I didn't even know it was sentient.

What do you think that plan is Moron??
bohart

White Pine, TN

#27496 May 22, 2012
" I find it as difficult to understand a scientist who does not acknowledge the prescence of a superior rationality behind the existence of the universe as it is to comprehend a theologian who would deny the advances of science"

Wernher Von Braun

Evolution is true.....

#27497 May 22, 2012
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
"While I would fight for a persons right to have faith in science fiction, we must resist evolutionists who attempt to brainwash people into thinking that evolution is science.Evolution requires constant violations of the second law of thermodynamics in order to be plausible.If your theory is found to be against the second law of thermodynamics , I can give you no hope, there is nothing for it but to collapse in deepest humiliation"
Sir Arthur Eddington
And before you spout the closed system bullsh#t, the second law has never ever been shown not to be enforce. he knows more than you.He however lacks your faith. Which is all you can spew.
This 2nd. law bullsh_t has been explained so many times by so many scientists that anytime a creationist uses this argument a kitty dies.

Get over it already...evolution does not break any laws.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#27498 May 22, 2012
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir Arthur Eddington
No, he doesn't know more than me. He may know more physics, but he's clueless about biology. That's why he can't address the open system and neither can you. You uh, also didn't realize that IF the SLoT worked like you fundies claim it did, it means your position requires that GODDIDIT WITH MAGIC!

By uh... violating thermodynamics....(darn)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Calvin_Coolish 239,539
News Trump calls Obama 'the founder of ISIS,' claims... 14 min sandra 608
News 31 scientific societies just told Congress to t... 14 min Into The Night 617
News Obama returning from summer vacation ready for ... 26 min Synque 19
News Sioux tribe leader wants political help to halt... 28 min WeTheSheeple 101
News Backlash for Trump after he lashes out at the M... 35 min abc 974
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 hr Character before ... 10,968
More from around the web