Reported Israeli airstrikes in Syria ...

Reported Israeli airstrikes in Syria could accelerate U.S. decision process

There are 28 comments on the The Washington Post story from May 5, 2013, titled Reported Israeli airstrikes in Syria could accelerate U.S. decision process. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Israel's reported airstrikes in Syria - and the threat of a retaliatory strike by the Syrian government - are likely to accelerate decision-making within the United States, where the Obama administration was already moving toward a sharp escalation of U.S. involvement in the two-year-old crisis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
yes

Hungary

#2 May 5, 2013
The only way to stop the terrorist israel is for countries of the world to launch a preemptive striake and sto israel once and for all.I certainly hope those threatened by israel are planning this now.The world has had enough of Israel.
Cat74

Palatine, IL

#3 May 5, 2013
Isreal couldn't wait any longer for the U S President to make a decision. He drew a line in the sand, and when Syria stepped over it, he froze, and took the cowardly way out, let Isreal make the decision. He is a weak leader, and we will be better off letting Isreal take the lead.

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#4 May 6, 2013
Israel has acknowledged that President Obama was in on this from the get-go… you tea-baggers are beyond clueless as your hate blinds you from the facts…

Osama bin Laden’s death should have brought you around on Obama’s brilliant leadership but you are to full of hate and bitterness to see it.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#5 May 6, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Israel has acknowledged that President Obama was in on this from the get-go… you tea-baggers are beyond clueless as your hate blinds you from the facts…
Osama bin Laden’s death should have brought you around on Obama’s brilliant leadership but you are to full of hate and bitterness to see it.
Well said Pat

Most likely rather than accelerate a US entry it will make such an entry unnecessary

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#6 May 6, 2013
Obama is a big chicken. Kudos to Israel for being brave, unlike our big sissy Obama.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#7 May 6, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Isreal couldn't wait any longer for the U S President to make a decision. He drew a line in the sand, and when Syria stepped over it, he froze, and took the cowardly way out, let Isreal make the decision. He is a weak leader, and we will be better off letting Isreal take the lead.
"We will be better off".

Letting them take the lead, middle and ending.

They made their own bed.

Let them sleep in it.

SOLO.
Oliver Cromwell

Burnley, UK

#9 May 6, 2013
BandMaster wrote:
Obama is a big chicken. Kudos to Israel for being brave, unlike our big sissy Obama.
Israel isn't brave its dangerous,even a Clown like Bombama can see that,although i believe he gave the green light for that unprovoked Zionist attack,the Israelis are cowards they attack people who are weakened or small and can't fight back,they have been threatening to attack Iran for years,i don't think they will because Israeli Cities would be incinerated under a storm of missiles, they should either put up or shut up.
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

#10 May 6, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Isreal couldn't wait any longer for the U S President to make a decision. He drew a line in the sand, and when Syria stepped over it, he froze, and took the cowardly way out, let Isreal make the decision. He is a weak leader, and we will be better off letting Isreal take the lead.
I see you are running your ignorant yap again without anything to back it up. You know that red line you keep going on about; You know it was the rebels whom dropped that sarin gas right? You know Obama has not given the rebels a "red line".

But i know that wouldnt stop you from waiting for the facts and spouting garbage out of your mouth on topix.
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

#11 May 6, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel isn't brave its dangerous,even a Clown like Bombama can see that,although i believe he gave the green light for that unprovoked Zionist attack,the Israelis are cowards they attack people who are weakened or small and can't fight back,they have been threatening to attack Iran for years,i don't think they will because Israeli Cities would be incinerated under a storm of missiles, they should either put up or shut up.
You say unprovoked but Syria and Isreal are still at war and there as not been a peace treaty ever signed.

“Smart@ss”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#12 May 6, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Isreal couldn't wait any longer for the U S President to make a decision. He drew a line in the sand, and when Syria stepped over it, he froze, and took the cowardly way out, let Isreal make the decision. He is a weak leader, and we will be better off letting Isreal take the lead.
God you are such a cute ignorant pile of nonsense.

Here is a lesson in geopolitics for you. When you don't want to get your hands dirty and be seen as the bad guy to your own people you get another nation to do the thing that you wanted for you. so you can keep your hands clean of the matter.

And you spell it as Israel not Isreal, give the people some ounce of respect will you dear.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#13 May 6, 2013
Follow the time line:

1. Crash of 1929
2. Great Depression
3. Currency Wars
4. Trade Wars
5. World War

1. Crash of 2008
2. Great Recession/Depression (2008-)
3. Currency Wars (QE1, 2, and 3. OMT in the EU, China dumping digital Yuan into their banks. Japan creating and dumping in over 1T Yen into their financial markets. All to decrease the cost of their exports)
4. Trade Wars (Use their words. During the election both Romney and Obama, "we are going to get tough on China trade practices." Debasing their currencies to increase exports to complete against slave labor.)
5. World War (When everything else fails, they take you to war.)

World Wars just do not happen overnight. There is a lead up. With the global currency and trade wars, there are smaller regional wars and civil uprisings that leads to civil wars. This is what we are seeing daily.

Up Next: World War.
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#14 May 6, 2013
Unprovoked, Israel has attacked Syria numerous times over the past 2 days, including attacks on the Syrian capital of Damascus, in what appears to be a series of intentional provocations designed to drag the region into a wider conflict its US sponsors can then enter militarily. Neither attacked directly by Syria, nor able to cite credible evidence in regards to perceived threats Israel claims to be reacting to, the assault on Syria represents a Chapter VII breach of the United Nations Charter.

What's more, is that while the US feigns disassociation with Israel's breach of international peace, after jointly fueling a genocidal sectarian conflict within Syria's borders for the past two years, it is documented fact that the US and Saudi Arabia planned to use Israel to conduct military attacks against Iran and Syria, they themselves could not justify politically, legally, or strategically.

What is now hoped is that Syria and Iran retaliate militarily, allowing the "other shoe to drop," and for the US, UK, France, and their regional axis to directly intervene in Syria, and with any luck, Iran.

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/05/unprovoke...

“Smart@ss”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#15 May 6, 2013
Kahoki wrote:
Follow the time line:
1. Crash of 1929
2. Great Depression
3. Currency Wars
4. Trade Wars
5. World War
1. Crash of 2008
2. Great Recession/Depression (2008-)
3. Currency Wars (QE1, 2, and 3. OMT in the EU, China dumping digital Yuan into their banks. Japan creating and dumping in over 1T Yen into their financial markets. All to decrease the cost of their exports)
4. Trade Wars (Use their words. During the election both Romney and Obama, "we are going to get tough on China trade practices." Debasing their currencies to increase exports to complete against slave labor.)
5. World War (When everything else fails, they take you to war.)
World Wars just do not happen overnight. There is a lead up. With the global currency and trade wars, there are smaller regional wars and civil uprisings that leads to civil wars. This is what we are seeing daily.
Up Next: World War.
World war... wow... intense imagination you summed up there. Pray tell who our enemy is going to be in this great rumble that you are foretelling?
Oliver Cromwell

Burnley, UK

#16 May 6, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Unprovoked, Israel has attacked Syria numerous times over the past 2 days, including attacks on the Syrian capital of Damascus, in what appears to be a series of intentional provocations designed to drag the region into a wider conflict its US sponsors can then enter militarily. Neither attacked directly by Syria, nor able to cite credible evidence in regards to perceived threats Israel claims to be reacting to, the assault on Syria represents a Chapter VII breach of the United Nations Charter.
What's more, is that while the US feigns disassociation with Israel's breach of international peace, after jointly fueling a genocidal sectarian conflict within Syria's borders for the past two years, it is documented fact that the US and Saudi Arabia planned to use Israel to conduct military attacks against Iran and Syria, they themselves could not justify politically, legally, or strategically.
What is now hoped is that Syria and Iran retaliate militarily, allowing the "other shoe to drop," and for the US, UK, France, and their regional axis to directly intervene in Syria, and with any luck, Iran.
http://www.activistpost.com/2013/05/unprovoke...
Spot on,i also believe there is another sinister agenda at work,i posted on it months ago,I believe the Israelis are looking for an excuse to invade syria and grab more Lebensraum for some more maniac settlers,all they need to say is there is a al qaeda threat on our border and we need to deal with it,never mind that they and the US with its Puppets created that threat in the first place,in fact thats why it could have been created.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#17 May 6, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Isreal couldn't wait any longer for the U S President to make a decision. He drew a line in the sand, and when Syria stepped over it, he froze, and took the cowardly way out, let Isreal make the decision. He is a weak leader, and we will be better off letting Isreal take the lead.
Your comments again are meaningless. You would prefer we go into another Middle East war???

WTF is wrong with you? When YOU put on military gear, and YOU get your family to join you, then maybe you would have something to say. And you would STILL be wrong - you don't simply walk into a civil war surrounded by other nations that literally hate our nation. Israel decided to do this on their own - F'k them! Let that leech country fend for itself! You idiots keep talking about how "broke" our country is, but you have no qualms sending over 3 billion dollars in aid yearly, PLUS weapons, PLUS training?

Wake the f'k up already!

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#18 May 6, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Unprovoked, Israel has attacked Syria numerous times over the past 2 days, including attacks on the Syrian capital of Damascus, in what appears to be a series of intentional provocations designed to drag the region into a wider conflict its US sponsors can then enter militarily. Neither attacked directly by Syria, nor able to cite credible evidence in regards to perceived threats Israel claims to be reacting to, the assault on Syria represents a Chapter VII breach of the United Nations Charter.
What's more, is that while the US feigns disassociation with Israel's breach of international peace, after jointly fueling a genocidal sectarian conflict within Syria's borders for the past two years, it is documented fact that the US and Saudi Arabia planned to use Israel to conduct military attacks against Iran and Syria, they themselves could not justify politically, legally, or strategically.
What is now hoped is that Syria and Iran retaliate militarily, allowing the "other shoe to drop," and for the US, UK, France, and their regional axis to directly intervene in Syria, and with any luck, Iran.
http://www.activistpost.com/2013/05/unprovoke...
Absolutely correct.
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

#19 May 6, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments again are meaningless. You would prefer we go into another Middle East war???
WTF is wrong with you? When YOU put on military gear, and YOU get your family to join you, then maybe you would have something to say. And you would STILL be wrong - you don't simply walk into a civil war surrounded by other nations that literally hate our nation. Israel decided to do this on their own - F'k them! Let that leech country fend for itself! You idiots keep talking about how "broke" our country is, but you have no qualms sending over 3 billion dollars in aid yearly, PLUS weapons, PLUS training?
Wake the f'k up already!
You know what really gets me is when those war hawks wanna preach about the debt and how much we owe and budgets then procede to advocate for war and at the same time, say fuck the troops when it comes to their healthcare/benefits. They are ready to goto war at the drop of a dime but pay for that war or for our men/women fighting in it then their simply isnt any $$ left to do so. It is why the VA is so bad right now, part of the reason health care cost are flying through the roof, and why suicide amoung those returning home is at record highs.

You need to think about those things before you advocate sending our troops to the other side of the globe.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#20 May 6, 2013
Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
World war... wow... intense imagination you summed up there. Pray tell who our enemy is going to be in this great rumble that you are foretelling?
Not imagination. History repeats itself.

The time line never changes. Only the faces change.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#21 May 6, 2013
Lamer wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what really gets me is when those war hawks wanna preach about the debt and how much we owe and budgets then procede to advocate for war and at the same time, say fuck the troops when it comes to their healthcare/benefits. They are ready to goto war at the drop of a dime but pay for that war or for our men/women fighting in it then their simply isnt any $$ left to do so. It is why the VA is so bad right now, part of the reason health care cost are flying through the roof, and why suicide amoung those returning home is at record highs.
You need to think about those things before you advocate sending our troops to the other side of the globe.
So true - no money for school teachers, no money for "Meals on Wheels" for destitute senior citizens, pensions for military personnel being cut, but these a-holes sure are ready to go start another war, aren't they? Bunch of uneducated fools on these threads.
STD free

United States

#22 May 6, 2013
yes wrote:
The only way to stop the terrorist israel is for countries of the world to launch a preemptive striake and sto israel once and for all.I certainly hope those threatened by israel are planning this now.The world has had enough of Israel.
STFU DUMB ASS!!! ALSO INVEST IN HOOKED ON PHONICS!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump, Carson in close fight in Iowa poll 2 min goonsquad 45
News Clinton: Email, Benghazi Inquiries Part of GOP ... 2 min Synque 106
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Ari son of Anarchy 193,978
News Trump would deport children of illegal immigrants 6 min Mr Knowitall 484
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 7 min Synque 396
News McCain ready for 2016 re-election effort 9 min Le Jimbo 8
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 15 min dirtclod 173,857
More from around the web