Veterans' claims put pressure on Obam...

Veterans' claims put pressure on Obama even as backlog dips

There are 30 comments on the Reuters story from May 24, 2013, titled Veterans' claims put pressure on Obama even as backlog dips. In it, Reuters reports that:

A long-growing backlog of U.S. military veterans' disability claims, which has stoked congressional anger, has dipped in recent weeks, however tentatively.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 08

Decatur, GA

#1 May 24, 2013
Obama forgot to salute a marine today, that's some commander in chief we've got...I guess protocol is not taught in Indonesian muslim schools.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#2 May 24, 2013
obamas subfuehrer napalitano placed veterans as extremist terrorists to watch. does anyone believe obama cares 1 bit about military or veterans claims backlog? that claim money has been set aside to fund his amnesty payout buying dem votes. the guys in benghazi paid for his military stand down orders. scariest thought to military or cops is 'don't worry obamas got your back'
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#3 May 24, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
Obama forgot to salute a marine today, that's some commander in chief we've got...I guess protocol is not taught in Indonesian muslim schools.
Are you talking about a member of the U.S. Marine Corps?

If so, then the word "marine" is spelled with a capital M.
Marine.
Besides your astounding ignorance, have you no respect either?

Since: Dec 07

Frankston, TX

#4 May 24, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about a member of the U.S. Marine Corps?
If so, then the word "marine" is spelled with a capital M.
Marine.
Besides your astounding ignorance, have you no respect either?
Your boyfriend Marine Coop Pat can't even spell corps and you didn't say a thing....LMaO
BandMaster

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#5 May 25, 2013
Hussien Obama be lovin himself some Muslims.
IMPEACH OBAMA.....BENGHAZI
BandMaster

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#6 May 25, 2013
Obama is more concerned about the Muslims in Guantanamo than our own returning heroes.
IMPEACH OBAMA...Benghazi
consaervative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#7 May 25, 2013
BandMaster wrote:
Hussien Obama be lovin himself some Muslims.
IMPEACH OBAMA.....BENGHAZI
You're a benwoozie doozie. No charges. hahahahahahaha
Get Over Yourself

Oak Hill, WV

#8 May 25, 2013
consaervative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a benwoozie doozie. No charges. hahahahahahaha
And you are an idiot.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#9 May 25, 2013
To be fair, Obama doesn't really need their support or votes anymore.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#10 May 25, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
Obama forgot to salute a marine today, that's some commander in chief we've got...I guess protocol is not taught in Indonesian muslim schools.
His handlers haven't served except in the Weather Underground, they don't salute much.
conservative crapola

Whitehall, PA

#11 May 25, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor fragile freddy. Judging your own posts. Gonna be a man someday?

hahahahahahahahaha
Your Ex

United States

#12 May 25, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
Obama forgot to salute a marine today, that's some commander in chief we've got...I guess protocol is not taught in Indonesian muslim schools.
Actually less of a protocol breech than you "forgetting" to tip your barista for that 1/2caf iced mocha-chino at the Starbucks drive-thru.
Actually not a breech of anything.
It's a "tradition" Reagan started in '81, playing soldier after serving in the Motion Picture Unit in '42
5 star general/POTUS Eisenhower never returned a salute while in office.

Since: Dec 07

Frankston, TX

#13 May 25, 2013
Your Ex wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually less of a protocol breech than you "forgetting" to tip your barista for that 1/2caf iced mocha-chino at the Starbucks drive-thru.
Actually not a breech of anything.
It's a "tradition" Reagan started in '81, playing soldier after serving in the Motion Picture Unit in '42
5 star general/POTUS Eisenhower never returned a salute while in office.
Dwight D. Iisenhower salutetd many times as President espeically at the tomb of the unknown soldiers. Before that, his planning and policies and extremely good mangagement skills won the war in the European theatre in WWII..........

JFk was hero in the Pacific and he too saluted many times while President. So did Carter. GHW Bush was a hero of the Pacific and flew the TBF Avenger. George W. Bush served in the National Guard as a fighter pilot and volunterred for Operation Palace Alert in Vietnam..

However........Willie Clinton never served..tore up his draft card.
Barrack Nobama never served, not even the Cub Scouts and never planned to serve. Your comment is as dumbass as it can get.-

Since: Dec 07

Frankston, TX

#14 May 25, 2013
Your Ex wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually less of a protocol breech than you "forgetting" to tip your barista for that 1/2caf iced mocha-chino at the Starbucks drive-thru.
Actually not a breech of anything.
It's a "tradition" Reagan started in '81, playing soldier after serving in the Motion Picture Unit in '42
5 star general/POTUS Eisenhower never returned a salute while in office.
Ronald Reagan’s 100th birthday on Feb. 6 is a good time to be reminded of Reagan’s World War II service in the Army Air Forces (AAF).

Reagan’s time in uniform was not as dramatic as some of his film appearances or his tenure as president, but as one U.S. airman described it,“They gave him duties that fit with his experience and he performed them well.”

Because the AAF evolved into the U.S. Air Force immediately after the war, today Reagan’s service is considered a part of Air Force history.

The National Museum of the Air Force at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, has a display of an overcoat, lapel insignia, shoulder patch, and identity card used by Reagan during his military duties from 1942 to 1945. Reagan worked in the film industry while in uniform, appearing in patriotic films like Jap Zero and For God and Country, both produced in 1943. He left the service at war’s end as a captain.

Reagan tried to get a waiver that would permit him to serve in a war zone but the Army refused. Moreover, the nation needed Reagan’s peacetime skills to help with the war effort. He made his first government film, Air Force, after being assigned to the AAF’s film unit, known in military slang as “Fort Roach” because it took over the Hal Roach Studios in Culver City, Calif

http://www.defensemedianetwork.com/stories/ro...

Research before you post and prove to the world you're a freakin' idiot.
Your Ex

United States

#15 May 25, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald Reagan’s 100th birthday on Feb. 6 is a good time to be reminded of Reagan’s World War II service in the Army Air Forces (AAF).
Reagan’s time in uniform was not as dramatic as some of his film appearances or his tenure as president, but as one U.S. airman described it,“They gave him duties that fit with his experience and he performed them well.”
Because the AAF evolved into the U.S. Air Force immediately after the war, today Reagan’s service is considered a part of Air Force history.
The National Museum of the Air Force at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, has a display of an overcoat, lapel insignia, shoulder patch, and identity card used by Reagan during his military duties from 1942 to 1945. Reagan worked in the film industry while in uniform, appearing in patriotic films like Jap Zero and For God and Country, both produced in 1943. He left the service at war’s end as a captain.
Reagan tried to get a waiver that would permit him to serve in a war zone but the Army refused. Moreover, the nation needed Reagan’s peacetime skills to help with the war effort. He made his first government film, Air Force, after being assigned to the AAF’s film unit, known in military slang as “Fort Roach” because it took over the Hal Roach Studios in Culver City, Calif
http://www.defensemedianetwork.com/stories/ro...
Research before you post and prove to the world you're a freakin' idiot.
I did, cupcake.
I didn't post anything untrue or fabricate anything, just a short version of your long winded schpeal.
Maybe you have issues with my source?
http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/referen...
Your Ex

United States

#16 May 25, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Dwight D. Iisenhower salutetd many times as President espeically at the tomb of the unknown soldiers. Before that, his planning and policies and extremely good mangagement skills won the war in the European theatre in WWII..........
JFk was hero in the Pacific and he too saluted many times while President. So did Carter. GHW Bush was a hero of the Pacific and flew the TBF Avenger. George W. Bush served in the National Guard as a fighter pilot and volunterred for Operation Palace Alert in Vietnam..
However........Willie Clinton never served..tore up his draft card.
Barrack Nobama never served, not even the Cub Scouts and never planned to serve. Your comment is as dumbass as it can get.-
GHW Bush a hero of the Pacific?
I suppose if you left outlandishly false statements out of your posts, this kind of thing wouldn't be more fun than slapping you with a dead carp.....

I never ceased to enjoy reviewing our men and women in uniform and hope I started a new tradition for presidents. As commander in chief, I discovered it was customary for our uniformed men and women to salute whenever they saw me. When I'd walk down the steps of a helicopter, for example, there was always a Marine waiting there to salute me. I was told presidents weren't supposed to return salutes, so I didn't, but this made me feel a little uncomfortable. Normally, a person offering a salute waits until it is returned, then brings down his hand. Sometimes, I realized, the soldier, sailor, marine, or airman giving me a salute wasn't sure when he was supposed to lower his hand. Initially, I nodded and smiled and said hello and thought maybe that would bring down the hand, but usually it didn't. Finally, one night when Nancy and I were attending a concert at the Marine Corps headquarters, I told the Commandant of Marines, "I know it's customary for the president to receive these salutes, but I was once an officer and realize that you're not supposed to salute when you're in civilian clothes. I think there ought to be a regulation that the president could return a salute inasmuch as he is commander in chief and civilian clothes are his uniform." "Well, if you did return a salute," the general said, "I don't think anyone would say anything to you about it."

The next time I got a salute, I saluted back. A big grin came over the Marine's face and down came his hand. From then on, I always returned salutes. When George Bush followed me into the White House, I encouraged him to keep up the tradition.
~Reagan bio

Since: Dec 07

Frankston, TX

#17 May 25, 2013
Your Ex wrote:
<quoted text>
I did, cupcake.
I didn't post anything untrue or fabricate anything, just a short version of your long winded schpeal.
Maybe you have issues with my source?
http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/referen...
You said Reagan didn't serve....you were totally wrong as usual with your drivel...he was a captain and was assigned to those duties which he was good at....and raised millions for the war effort. You didn't post a source....just your usual fabricated BS.

Since: May 13

Dacula, GA

#18 May 25, 2013
Your Ex wrote:
<quoted text>
GHW Bush a hero of the Pacific?
I suppose if you left outlandishly false statements out of your posts, this kind of thing wouldn't be more fun than slapping you with a dead carp.....
I never ceased to enjoy reviewing our men and women in uniform and hope I started a new tradition for presidents. As commander in chief, I discovered it was customary for our uniformed men and women to salute whenever they saw me. When I'd walk down the steps of a helicopter, for example, there was always a Marine waiting there to salute me. I was told presidents weren't supposed to return salutes, so I didn't, but this made me feel a little uncomfortable. Normally, a person offering a salute waits until it is returned, then brings down his hand. Sometimes, I realized, the soldier, sailor, marine, or airman giving me a salute wasn't sure when he was supposed to lower his hand. Initially, I nodded and smiled and said hello and thought maybe that would bring down the hand, but usually it didn't. Finally, one night when Nancy and I were attending a concert at the Marine Corps headquarters, I told the Commandant of Marines, "I know it's customary for the president to receive these salutes, but I was once an officer and realize that you're not supposed to salute when you're in civilian clothes. I think there ought to be a regulation that the president could return a salute inasmuch as he is commander in chief and civilian clothes are his uniform." "Well, if you did return a salute," the general said, "I don't think anyone would say anything to you about it."
The next time I got a salute, I saluted back. A big grin came over the Marine's face and down came his hand. From then on, I always returned salutes. When George Bush followed me into the White House, I encouraged him to keep up the tradition.
~Reagan bio
hey guys, i just downloaded free PowerBall and megamillions android app, it creates luckynumber from my favorite numbers,saves on my phone/tablet for later use, has Quickpick, has lists of all winning numbers, search for devandy the developer on google play, he has several great app. This one is good cause i only play with my families fav numbers and this store on my phone, i go to store and click and it generates the number, also gives quickpick. Name of the apps are My Mega Millions Lucky Numbers, MY POWER BALL LUCKY NUMBERS. They are adding code so u can buy lottery from your phone. Its free, and no spam. Good luck and share with poor if u win.

Since: Dec 07

Frankston, TX

#19 May 25, 2013
Your Ex wrote:
<quoted text>
GHW Bush a hero of the Pacific?
I suppose if you left outlandishly false statements out of your posts, this kind of thing wouldn't be more fun than slapping you with a dead carp.....
I never ceased to enjoy reviewing our men and women in uniform and hope I started a new tradition for presidents. As commander in chief, I discovered it was customary for our uniformed men and women to salute whenever they saw me. When I'd walk down the steps of a helicopter, for example, there was always a Marine waiting there to salute me. I was told presidents weren't supposed to return salutes, so I didn't, but this made me feel a little uncomfortable. Normally, a person offering a salute waits until it is returned, then brings down his hand. Sometimes, I realized, the soldier, sailor, marine, or airman giving me a salute wasn't sure when he was supposed to lower his hand. Initially, I nodded and smiled and said hello and thought maybe that would bring down the hand, but usually it didn't. Finally, one night when Nancy and I were attending a concert at the Marine Corps headquarters, I told the Commandant of Marines, "I know it's customary for the president to receive these salutes, but I was once an officer and realize that you're not supposed to salute when you're in civilian clothes. I think there ought to be a regulation that the president could return a salute inasmuch as he is commander in chief and civilian clothes are his uniform." "Well, if you did return a salute," the general said, "I don't think anyone would say anything to you about it."
The next time I got a salute, I saluted back. A big grin came over the Marine's face and down came his hand. From then on, I always returned salutes. When George Bush followed me into the White House, I encouraged him to keep up the tradition.
~Reagan bio
Distiguished flying cross is quite the hero, numbnuts. You slap me with a carp you'll find it shoved up your poserior sideways boy.

Bush enlisted in the U.S. Navy on his 18th birthday, June 12, 1942, as a Seaman 2nd Class. He was commissioned an ensign and pilot and served aboard the USS San Jacinto flying Grumman Avener bombers with the 3rd and 5th Fleets.

On September 2, 1944, Bush was assigned to take out a radio station located in the Bonin Islands. In the course of the action, Bush's plane was hit with enemy fire. Though the plane was on fire, he completed his strafing run on the targeted Japanese installation before flying towards sea to bail out offshore from Chichi Jima, a Japanese-held island near the more well-known Iwo Jima. He was rescued by a Navy submarine, the USS Finback. A genuine hero, Bush was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross and three Air Medals. He was discharged in September 1945 with the rank of lieutenant (j.g.)

Ronald Reagan was a captain, your goofball buddy said he didn't serve. You're both floating in a sewer of liberal bulshit. Start swimming hard.

Since: Dec 07

Frankston, TX

#20 May 25, 2013
Your Ex wrote:
<quoted text>
I did, cupcake.
I didn't post anything untrue or fabricate anything, just a short version of your long winded schpeal.
Maybe you have issues with my source?
http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/referen...
A "motion picutre unit" as you posted was part of the Signal Corps of the US Army and Army Air Corps, which is part of the Army and still is with the Army today. The Air Force has it's own film and signal department.

It's people like you that have such little knowledge of the military that barks out dumb comments which you have no clue what your talking about....

You make attempts to covner the most dem leaders who didn't serve at all by attempting to discredit those republicans who did served, regardless of how they served, at least they did someting. We all praise the democrats who served and most are NOT far left as Clinton and oblumber. Might want to get used to the idea they don't get the same respect. Period.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump, the 'America First' president, goes to t... 15 min John McQuan 35
News News 21 Mins Ago Senate intelligence chairman: ... 22 min John McQuan 1
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 25 min Limbertwig 289,138
News Harvard withdraws fellowship invitation to Chel... 41 min River Tam 27
News CommuniCare reports its at risk of losing feder... 47 min Concave 2
News As Congress ponders Harvey relief, resentment l... 1 hr Laredo 35
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Tellthetruth 30,682
More from around the web