Sen. Rand Paul introduces 'fetal personhood' bill to outlaw abortion

Mar 17, 2013 Full story: rawstory.com 35

Sen. Rand Paul on Friday introduced so-called "fetal personhood" legislation that would completely outlaw abortion in the United States.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#1 Mar 17, 2013
Pathetic. It won't last 5 minutes in a constitutional challenge, since rights begin at birth or naturalization. Moreover, it wouldn't stop abortion anyway--no person can force another to sustain their life without the other's consent.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#2 Mar 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Pathetic. It won't last 5 minutes in a constitutional challenge, since rights begin at birth or naturalization. Moreover, it wouldn't stop abortion anyway--no person can force another to sustain their life without the other's consent.
The Rand Paul supporters are not very bright and obviously have woman issues. It appears they are woman abusing lowlifes.

Indianapolis

#3 Mar 17, 2013
Evidently this woman didn't know that expressng herself is illegal and made her subject to the rebuke of any man in the vicinity. That's how KY does it.
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Rand Paul supporters are not very bright and obviously have woman issues. It appears they are woman abusing lowlifes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =vLJDMm-jp28XX
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#4 Mar 17, 2013
I bet you get fetal person hood before you get gun control.
Yeah

Santa Fe, NM

#6 Mar 18, 2013
he's a libertarian LOL

These idiots are so clueless. And he actually thinks he could be president? These guys live in such a bubble.
Cat74

Palatine, IL

#7 Mar 18, 2013
My very liberal neighbor told me this morning she will voter for Rand Paul in the next election if he runs,and she sent him an e-mail thanking him for his filibuster. She is 48 years old, and has never votedfor a Republican in her life. I said he wantsto do away with abortion,and she said "I don't care!" no candidate is perfect.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#8 Mar 18, 2013
The only 'solution' to abortion, is for every pregnancy to be intentional on the woman's part, and for any and all risks associated with pregnancy to ALSO be eliminated...

Other than that, abortion will never be eliminated. Criminalized, perhaps....ended, no.

No law in the world will prevent miscarriage, either - but these 'fetal personhood' laws will criminalize miscarriage too.

Indianapolis

#9 Mar 18, 2013
Sure she did.
Cat74 wrote:
My very liberal neighbor told me this morning she will voter for Rand Paul in the next election if he runs,and she sent him an e-mail thanking him for his filibuster. She is 48 years old, and has never votedfor a Republican in her life. I said he wantsto do away with abortion,and she said "I don't care!" no candidate is perfect.
Cat74

Palatine, IL

#10 Mar 18, 2013
You keep thinking Democrats are as stupid as you. They aren't. They can figure issues out, and they know when their leaders are lying. President Obama has been President again for weeks, and the Republicans have not let him do a thing. He doesn't have enough Democrats to get anything done without them so he better compromise or sit out the next 2 years.

Indianapolis

#11 Mar 18, 2013
That works both ways; the reps can't push their agendas, and even more, they look like both obstructionists and elitists. It's obvious that their only goal is to stop anything obama does. Between their negative image and their great schism, dems should have a pretty easy time of it next election.
Cat74 wrote:
You keep thinking Democrats are as stupid as you. They aren't. They can figure issues out, and they know when their leaders are lying. President Obama has been President again for weeks, and the Republicans have not let him do a thing. He doesn't have enough Democrats to get anything done without them so he better compromise or sit out the next 2 years.
Sheik Yerbouti

Pennington, NJ

#12 Mar 19, 2013
I thought 'libertarians' were for less government. This bill is just more fundietard pandering to illiterates and vatican cult members! A fetus is NOT a person with 'rights.'

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#13 Mar 19, 2013
Can we all mostly agree that abortion is the least desireable choice and there should be less of it? I know it is not a perfect world, and there will always be some form of it, but maybe we should not be promoting it and calling it a good choice? When you do a great job at work, do you jump up and shout and call it an abortion? Could any one of you perform one and feel great about it? Just sayin'

Indianapolis

#14 Mar 19, 2013
There should only be as many abortions as women want and/or need. Until we start rationing tonsillectomies and facelifts, there is no basis for limiting abortions. Abortion solves the problem of unwanted pregnancy; it is a good thing. Contraception is better and cheaper in the long run, but medicine deals with what IS, not what might have been.

If I knew my actios made a woman's life better, I'd feel great about doing one.
Naughtyrobot wrote:
Can we all mostly agree that abortion is the least desireable choice and there should be less of it? I know it is not a perfect world, and there will always be some form of it, but maybe we should not be promoting it and calling it a good choice? When you do a great job at work, do you jump up and shout and call it an abortion? Could any one of you perform one and feel great about it? Just sayin'

“ABORTION KILLS A HUMAN BEING”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#15 Mar 20, 2013
Naughtyrobot wrote:
It is immoral, and it kills someone. You are correct.

Indianapolis

#17 Mar 20, 2013
Sometimes I almost pay attention to your posts...almost.
kaylayossi wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, sometimes I almost forget what a scumbag you are...almost.
Ocean56

AOL

#18 Mar 21, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
Unfortunately, some of those supporters are women, just like there were women who wanted that idiot Rick Santorum to be President. Thank goodness THAT moron had to drop out of the race.

IMO women who support anti-choice politicians aren't very smart at all.
Ocean56

AOL

#19 Mar 21, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Then in my opinion this woman is an idiot, assuming this ridiculous story is even true.
Dickweed

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#20 Mar 21, 2013
Only men can end abortion.
When young men are ready to become sexually active, they should have a vasectomy. When they get married and want kids reverse it.
Problem solved.
Men who shoot a loaded gun without being prepared to raise a family are the irresponsible ones who make abortion a necessary procedure.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Mar 22, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Human rights are inherent. The babies that you kill with abortion aren't capable of forcing anyone to do anything. They do however have the right to life, which the purpose of our government is to protect.

Indianapolis

#22 Mar 22, 2013
The woman is not required to carry a fetus if she does not want to.
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Human rights are inherent. The babies that you kill with abortion aren't capable of forcing anyone to do anything. They do however have the right to life, which the purpose of our government is to protect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US to start talks with Cuba to normalize full d... 4 min Foster 31
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr deutscher Nationa... 131,827
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Save This Nation 165,162
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 2 hr Hooogle It 51
Jindal defends January prayer rally at LSU campus 2 hr Hooogle It 5
Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush lead GOP 2016 field 3 hr Shinichiro Takizawa 22
Will the Supreme Court End Gay Marriage as an E... 3 hr WasteWater 434
More from around the web