Message from me.

Posted in the Moderated Forum Of Political Discussion Forum

Only registered users can post in this forum thread.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“The left is not right. ”

Since: Dec 10

South Webster, Ohio

#4 Sep 14, 2018
In recent days I have been a total jerk and very uncivil. However as uncivil and childish as I have been that is how I see much of the conversations that I see on the forum. Nothing more than "did so- did not" shouting match amongst children.
I have asked Kate to make some changes and she declined. So in return I have attacked her for it. She is not a perfect moderator but a good moderator and a fair one. I disagree with her on many things and have no problem telling her so as I often have but, it is nothing personal.
First off I would like to address some common attacks from both sides that gets thrown out on this forum. I believe that both sides want what is best for America, we however disagree on what that is.
During the 2008 election John McCain once said he felt Obama was a good man he however disagreed with him on many issues. That is not a personal thing, so do not make it one. Disagreeing is okay, making the other side out to be villains is not.
There are racists on both sides even from all races, however that is a very small percentage of people from both sides. Nobody on either side is comparable to Hitler or the Nazis. Neither side should be judged by the actions of a few as there are stupid radicals from all walks of life. Name calling and broad generalizations are childish and only prevents a conversation from civil and leads to insults and shouting matches.
So in the spirit of bipartisanship and creating a civil and productive forum these are the rules I think should be made to the forum.
Changing the name of any person, organization or group to some insulting name. Each person, group or organization must be called by their respective name.
No broad generalizations accusing all or most of an entire group racist, stupid, terrorists, sexual predators, crooked, liars, or supporters of those things.
No references comparing any person or group to Nazis, Hitler or an other Nazi leader or Nazi group such as the Gestapo. They would be enemies of 99% of all American's of today.
Also I can not make a rule about it but when you believe someone to be wrong, prove them wrong using facts, telling them they are wrong proves nothing and only looks bad on yourself. It has been said that you can learn much more from those you disagree with than those you agree with.

South Webster, Ohio

#5 Sep 14, 2018
I do not mind minor insults directed at me as a person just nothing personal or derogatory, especially when I know it is not serious. I laugh them off but the "all republican's are racist" BS is just stupid and uncalled for. If you disagree then tell me how you felt about my post about liberals? Such as the DSM post and the L B LIARS post, was that civil?? It certainly never did not make anyone think I was smart or more worthy of being listened to, or change any minds on things.
I never wished to make the forum as boring as morning talk show. I just wished for more civility and common sense than an episode of Jerry Springer.
Accusing an entire demographic of something because of the actions of one person is pure stupid and willfully ignorant. That is something I have little to no tolerance for, as evidenced by my responses to it.
Because I will not be reinstated and these necessary changes will not be made then I think topix is not a place for me and I will probably soon leave for good. Until then though I will enjoy playing the game, the same one I have played for the last two weeks or so. I kind of enjoy it though.

“Take Out the Orange Trash ”

Since: Dec 15

California

#6 Sep 15, 2018
Res1dent wrote:
In recent days I have been a total jerk and very uncivil. However as uncivil and childish as I have been that is how I see much of the conversations that I see on the forum. Nothing more than "did so- did not" shouting match amongst children.
I have asked Kate to make some changes and she declined. So in return I have attacked her for it. She is not a perfect moderator but a good moderator and a fair one. I disagree with her on many things and have no problem telling her so as I often have but, it is nothing personal.
First off I would like to address some common attacks from both sides that gets thrown out on this forum. I believe that both sides want what is best for America, we however disagree on what that is.
During the 2008 election John McCain once said he felt Obama was a good man he however disagreed with him on many issues. That is not a personal thing, so do not make it one. Disagreeing is okay, making the other side out to be villains is not.
There are racists on both sides even from all races, however that is a very small percentage of people from both sides. Nobody on either side is comparable to Hitler or the Nazis. Neither side should be judged by the actions of a few as there are stupid radicals from all walks of life. Name calling and broad generalizations are childish and only prevents a conversation from civil and leads to insults and shouting matches.
So in the spirit of bipartisanship and creating a civil and productive forum these are the rules I think should be made to the forum.
Changing the name of any person, organization or group to some insulting name. Each person, group or organization must be called by their respective name.
No broad generalizations accusing all or most of an entire group racist, stupid, terrorists, sexual predators, crooked, liars, or supporters of those things.
No references comparing any person or group to Nazis, Hitler or an other Nazi leader or Nazi group such as the Gestapo. They would be enemies of 99% of all American's of today.
Also I can not make a rule about it but when you believe someone to be wrong, prove them wrong using facts, telling them they are wrong proves nothing and only looks bad on yourself. It has been said that you can learn much more from those you disagree with than those you agree with.
I have absolutely NO sway with Moderator decisions, but I do recognize your effort to take responsibility and ask for forgiveness. That took some guts. I DO take issue with your "civil guidelines", because they will NOT work, for two reasons:
- they will only lead to more arguing whether or not someone violated the "rules" , and;
- they are completely non-Constitutional and violate the 1A's concept of freedom pf speech.

Anyway, I just saw your post, above....and it struck me that seeing you take FULL responsibility after getting bounced is exactly what any person of honor would do....regardless of the outcome.

Good on you, Mate.

South Webster, Ohio

#7 Sep 17, 2018
Fit2Serve wrote:
<quoted text>

I have absolutely NO sway with Moderator decisions, but I do recognize your effort to take responsibility and ask for forgiveness. That took some guts. I DO take issue with your "civil guidelines", because they will NOT work, for two reasons:
- they will only lead to more arguing whether or not someone violated the "rules" , and;
- they are completely non-Constitutional and violate the 1A's concept of freedom pf speech.

Anyway, I just saw your post, above....and it struck me that seeing you take FULL responsibility after getting bounced is exactly what any person of honor would do....regardless of the outcome.

Good on you, Mate.
Thank you. But that honestly was not meant as an apology, just an explanation and acknowledgement of my actions.
As for the Constitutionality of it, the article of free speech protects us from legal prosecution or censorship from the government, any private corporation or site such as this one is not governed by that.
As I stated I can take personal insults especially when they are just light hearted jabs. However to claim an entire demographic is racist either because you disagree with some policies of those they support or a few in the demographic are racist is pure lies, BS, immature and the total opposite of civility. Such actions does not allow for any civil discussion.
When I make such uncivil comments it is either to highlight the absurdity of allowing it or just some trolling just for laughs. I do not really believe that Liberals are morally equivalent to Nazi's however I may post just that. We have a different view on things and have different values that does not make either of us racists, Nazis, sexist or crooked. Nobody civil person would claim it does. However my civil actions are not the norm now, as you have noticed.

“Take Out the Orange Trash ”

Since: Dec 15

California

#8 Sep 17, 2018
Res1dent wrote:
<quoted text>

Thank you. But that honestly was not meant as an apology, just an explanation and acknowledgement of my actions.
As for the Constitutionality of it, the article of free speech protects us from legal prosecution or censorship from the government, any private corporation or site such as this one is not governed by that.
As I stated I can take personal insults especially when they are just light hearted jabs. However to claim an entire demographic is racist either because you disagree with some policies of those they support or a few in the demographic are racist is pure lies, BS, immature and the total opposite of civility. Such actions does not allow for any civil discussion.
When I make such uncivil comments it is either to highlight the absurdity of allowing it or just some trolling just for laughs. I do not really believe that Liberals are morally equivalent to Nazi's however I may post just that. We have a different view on things and have different values that does not make either of us racists, Nazis, sexist or crooked. Nobody civil person would claim it does. However my civil actions are not the norm now, as you have noticed.
I have always admired those who take FULL responsibility, even when they may not feel taking sole responsibility is warranted. It is a sign of leadership and maturity. It's all anyone can do to demonstrate character when things go wrong.

South Webster, Ohio

#9 Sep 19, 2018
Fit2Serve wrote:
<quoted text>

I have always admired those who take FULL responsibility, even when they may not feel taking sole responsibility is warranted. It is a sign of leadership and maturity. It's all anyone can do to demonstrate character when things go wrong.
I do admit I have not always treated Kate fairly, however I think her actions as moderator is good either, not saying it is unfair but saying it is wrong. She however has called people whiny babies for expecting her to do her job as moderator, that is a personal attack and a violation of the rules, she however refuses to moderate herself or to even answer any question that is asked. She says she is not obligated to answer questions.
I do admit when I am wrong but I do not always apologize for it. When I refuse to apologize that is because an apology would be lying. As I am not sorry for what I have done. Yeah, maybe I wrong for not feeling any remorse for it, but due to her actions I feel justified. I have been honest with her about that as well.
I do not expect to get reinstated that what was not my intended goal. She has hid posts she disagrees with and I did post proof of that on the "knightkore's Multiverse' forum. KnightKore is gone and so nobody but topix can delete or hide posts from that forum. I have no desire to moderate my own forum so I am just going to start using that one.

“The Paragon of Civility”

Since: Sep 12

Most impartial most bipartisan

#10 Sep 21, 2018
Hey - Resi - just came across this. Thanks for posting this here and good luck.

South Webster, Ohio

#11 Thursday Nov 1
Hey PNWest I never asked Kate for reinstatement but here is something she sent me about it. Once again I have nothing to hide and so I see no problem with everyone knowing what has been said by PM.

On October 30, 18, Denizen_Kate wrote:
>>>> Sorry, but without your admission of having violated forum rules, along with a
>>>> PUBLIC apology to me for the days and hours of grief and the endless
>>>> accusations of bias, the nearly non-stop complaining about others instead of
>>>> accepting your own resonsibility, you are not welcome here.
>>>>
>>>> Your views were never the problem, Res. Without conservative views, this forum
>>>> would be boring and I would never learn anything, never push myself to research
>>>> the facts. Debating with conservatives keeps me sharp and reinforces my own
>>>> views and convictions.
>>>>
>>>> Admit the name-calling, admit your own stubborn refusal to accept what would
>>>> have been a short suspension, admit that you had no idea that the very users
>>>> you constantly whine about have also had suspensions which, unlike you, they
>>>> accepted with good grace like GROWNUPS, admit that I am NOT biased in my
>>>> moderating. Do all of this publicly, on this forum and other forums where
>>>> you've been bad-mouthing me for months, then we'll discuss reinstatement.

So she wants me to apologize, say I am fully responsible for my suspension and say she is not biased all for the chance to "talk about the possibility" of reinstatement. Even if I wanted reinstatement I would not lie to get it. Because I am not sorry, I am not fully responsible and she is biased. Even you don't kiss her azz that much, haha -had to throw that one in there.
You said yourself that your suspension was 2 days. Mine started with one week just for expecting her to do her job. Yet you claim she is not biased.

Here is my response to her this post.

I have admitted to uncivil behavior and breaking the rules. This all started
>>> when you all but refused to delete zippy's comment accusing me of raping my
>>> daughter. Do you really think that was right of you?? That is when I lost
>>> respect for you as moderator. How could you condone such a heinous accusation
>>> and still call yourself civil and unbiased??
>>> Before that I tried civility on here. Since then my actions have been a
>>> direct result of yours. You however refuse to admit that or to admit you can
>>> ever do wrong.
>>>
>>> As for my bad mouthing you, I feel you brought it on yourself by your
>>> attitude and refusal to understand my reasons and motive.
>>>
>>> How about no more PM's we post publicly so everyone can know what we are
>>> saying and they decide who is right??

If she wanted to prove she is not biased why has she never responded to the proof I have posted proving it?? I posted facts to prove everything I said and she as per usual has no response to the facts and common sense.

I have said many times I am done being civil or behaving. So Game On. She has had chances for me to leave and to have a civil conversation. Instead she cowers down and demands I leave "HER" forum and show her the respect that she denies me and anyone who disagrees with her.

#12 Thursday Nov 1
PNWest wrote:
Hey - Resi - just came across this. Thanks for posting this here and good luck.
I'm not ignoring anyone but am staying within the request of the moderator in not replying to banned posters.

There is and can never be "Game On" - unless people are willing to play.

PNWest is THE PARAGON OF CIVILITY (all caps) and is willing to play with any and all non-banned members. If a banned user wishes to engage in conversion with PNWest they can PM him or go to his moderated forum or his interesting things forum.

Links:

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/modera...

http://www.topix.com/forum/life/life/pnwest-i...

If the discussion is fruitful PNWest will definitely engage in it. If it devolves into name calling all bets are off.

#13 Thursday Nov 1
Res1dent wrote:
Hey PNWest I never asked Kate for reinstatement but here is something she sent me about it. Once again I have nothing to hide and so I see no problem with everyone knowing what has been said by PM.

On October 30, 18, Denizen_Kate wrote:
>>>> Sorry, but without your admission of having violated forum rules, along with a
>>>> PUBLIC apology to me for the days and hours of grief and the endless
>>>> accusations of bias, the nearly non-stop complaining about others instead of
>>>> accepting your own resonsibility, you are not welcome here.
>>>>
>>>> Your views were never the problem, Res. Without conservative views, this forum
>>>> would be boring and I would never learn anything, never push myself to research
>>>> the facts. Debating with conservatives keeps me sharp and reinforces my own
>>>> views and convictions.
>>>>
>>>> Admit the name-calling, admit your own stubborn refusal to accept what would
>>>> have been a short suspension, admit that you had no idea that the very users
>>>> you constantly whine about have also had suspensions which, unlike you, they
>>>> accepted with good grace like GROWNUPS, admit that I am NOT biased in my
>>>> moderating. Do all of this publicly, on this forum and other forums where
>>>> you've been bad-mouthing me for months, then we'll discuss reinstatement.

So she wants me to apologize, say I am fully responsible for my suspension and say she is not biased all for the chance to "talk about the possibility" of reinstatement. Even if I wanted reinstatement I would not lie to get it. Because I am not sorry, I am not fully responsible and she is biased. Even you don't kiss her azz that much, haha -had to throw that one in there.
You said yourself that your suspension was 2 days. Mine started with one week just for expecting her to do her job. Yet you claim she is not biased.

Here is my response to her this post.

I have admitted to uncivil behavior and breaking the rules. This all started
>>> when you all but refused to delete zippy's comment accusing me of raping my
>>> daughter. Do you really think that was right of you?? That is when I lost
>>> respect for you as moderator. How could you condone such a heinous accusation
>>> and still call yourself civil and unbiased??
>>> Before that I tried civility on here. Since then my actions have been a
>>> direct result of yours. You however refuse to admit that or to admit you can
>>> ever do wrong.
>>>
>>> As for my bad mouthing you, I feel you brought it on yourself by your
>>> attitude and refusal to understand my reasons and motive.
>>>
>>> How about no more PM's we post publicly so everyone can know what we are
>>> saying and they decide who is right??

If she wanted to prove she is not biased why has she never responded to the proof I have posted proving it?? I posted facts to prove everything I said and she as per usual has no response to the facts and common sense.

I have said many times I am done being civil or behaving. So Game On. She has had chances for me to leave and to have a civil conversation. Instead she cowers down and demands I leave "HER" forum and show her the respect that she denies me and anyone who disagrees with her.

Ignore previous post. Brain Fart and thought that this was on a different forum.

Kate has every right as moderator to make whatever decisions she chooses to make for whatever reasons she wishes to make them. Frankly she has come down far harder on liberals than on conservatives in my mind. I got suspended for making a post apologizing to Linsie for believing that she was faking her stupidity. Kate called that a personal attack although I did not mean it that way.

Certainly you are free to do whatever you choose - you can troll the other forum as much as you want. I'd ask myself though do you really want to be in the same company as devilsgrin and Mick?

South Webster, Ohio

#14 Thursday Nov 1
PNWest wrote:
<quoted text>

I'm not ignoring anyone but am staying within the request of the moderator in not replying to banned posters.

PNWest is THE PARAGON OF CIVILITY (all caps) and is willing to play with any and all non-banned members. If a banned user wishes to engage in conversion with PNWest they can PM him or go to his moderated forum or his interesting things forum.

Links:

If the discussion is fruitful PNWest will definitely engage in it. If it devolves into name calling all bets are off.
As for her demands. Do you really think they are reasonable??

South Webster, Ohio

#15 Thursday Nov 1
PNWest wrote:
<quoted text>

Links:

By the way this is your moderated forum, so not sure why you posted a link to the forum you are on. Also I am being civil here, with the minor exception of the azz kissing comment, which was meant for humor, and because I could not resist.

#16 Thursday Nov 1
Res1dent wrote:
<quoted text>

By the way this is your moderated forum, so not sure why you posted a link to the forum you are on. Also I am being civil here, with the minor exception of the azz kissing comment, which was meant for humor, and because I could not resist.
My mistake - I thought this was over on the other forum. Brain Fart.

South Webster, Ohio

#17 Friday Nov 2
Silent on the matter I see. Maybe even you can not defend her on such obvious BS. I acknowledge being a trolling jerk on HappyHedon, I however said I would be after getting the permaban, but I am being nice here.

#18 Friday Nov 2
Res1dent wrote:
Silent on the matter I see. Maybe even you can not defend her on such obvious BS. I acknowledge being a trolling jerk on HappyHedon, I however said I would be after getting the permaban, but I am being nice here.
No silence on the matter. I think that Kate should give everyone a fair chance. I think you had one.

Post #13 of mine was somehow removed - maybe a Topix glitch or maybe I accidentally hit the kill link. Hopefully it will be thre now as I 'unkilled' it. In it I said -

----------
Kate has every right as moderator to make whatever decisions she chooses to make for whatever reasons she wishes to make them. Frankly she has come down far harder on liberals than on conservatives in my mind. I got suspended for making a post apologizing to Linsie for believing that she was faking her stupidity. Kate called that a personal attack although I did not mean it that way.

Certainly you are free to do whatever you choose - you can troll the other forum as much as you want. I'd ask myself though do you really want to be in the same company as devilsgrin and Mick?
----------

I'll probably never understand the conservative mind. You guys are like 4 year olds and are serious about it.

South Webster, Ohio

#19 Friday Nov 2
PNWest wrote:
<quoted text>

No silence on the matter. I think that Kate should give everyone a fair chance. I think you had one.

Post #13 of mine was somehow removed - maybe a Topix glitch or maybe I accidentally hit the kill link. Hopefully it will be thre now as I 'unkilled' it. In it I said -

----------

----------

I'll probably never understand the conservative mind. You guys are like 4 year olds and are serious about it.
You never answered my question, once again deflecting. As for her being fair, I have proven that to be wrong. My first suspension was for one week and you got 2 days. As for when I will lie and kiss her azz as she expects me to just because all the liberals do. Never going to happen.

AS for me trolling happyhedon, I do that to be a headache and have some laughs. I never said otherwise. She has had the opportunity for me to leave willingly but never took me up on the offer. I may troll and harass but I don't deny it and will live up to my word. If she takes me up on my offer I will leave topix for good, not just HappyHedon. Also I have said before that I will not be posting as any other name, otherwise I would be here under a new name and you would not know it.

South Webster, Ohio

#20 Friday Nov 2
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/happyh...

This is proof that Kate hides threads she does not like. She even did it to me well before I got banned and this is more proof of it.

Yet you defend her.

#21 Friday Nov 2
Res1dent wrote:
<quoted text>

You never answered my question, once again deflecting. As for her being fair, I have proven that to be wrong. My first suspension was for one week and you got 2 days. As for when I will lie and kiss her azz as she expects me to just because all the liberals do. Never going to happen.

AS for me trolling happyhedon, I do that to be a headache and have some laughs. I never said otherwise. She has had the opportunity for me to leave willingly but never took me up on the offer. I may troll and harass but I don't deny it and will live up to my word. If she takes me up on my offer I will leave topix for good, not just HappyHedon. Also I have said before that I will not be posting as any other name, otherwise I would be here under a new name and you would not know it.
What question do you want me to answer?

#22 Friday Nov 2
Res1dent wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/ politics/happyhedon/TV1REFAJ2J DCQLC1F#lastPost

This is proof that Kate hides threads she does not like. She even did it to me well before I got banned and this is more proof of it.

Yet you defend her.
Thanks for posting the link with some of my fine comments even if I was a bit harsh on you.

I think Kate does a good job although she shows far too much patience with conservatives and I wish she had the time to take down the troll posts more than twice a day.

South Webster, Ohio

#23 Friday Nov 2
PNWest wrote:
<quoted text>

Thanks for posting the link with some of my fine comments even if I was a bit harsh on you.

I think Kate does a good job although she shows far too much patience with conservatives and I wish she had the time to take down the troll posts more than twice a day.
So you are okay with her hiding threads just because she disagrees with it?? Also I have proven that she did that well before I was suspended. You claim to be against censorship and yet you are okay with this?? Once again I have proven she hid at least one of my threads long before my suspension. In that thread I was 100% civil and she hid it just to run away from conversation. Yet you are proud of that about her, maybe you are just as fascist as she is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Moderated Forum Of Political Discussion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The right way to do tax cuts 6 hr PNWest 1
Can Pelosi be beaten? 6 hr PNWest 1
Hate crimes rose 17 percent last year, accordin... 10 hr PNWest 13
Another (D) wins! 14 hr PNWest 1
Hey Conservatives - What about that caravan 14 hr PNWest 9
Operation Chrsitmas Child 14 hr PNWest 2
Consumer prices rise again Wed Res1dent 2

Forum Rules

Don't spam
Don't post personal information
No child pornography or sexually explicit content
Avoid personal attacks. Keep discussions civil.