What will U.S. do with Egypt?

There are 51 comments on the CNN story from Aug 15, 2013, titled What will U.S. do with Egypt?. In it, CNN reports that:

When Egypt's first democratically elected president was tossed out earlier this year, the White House stopped short of calling it a coup.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

#1 Aug 15, 2013
If we had a leader who put the interests of the US ahead of the GLOBAL CORPORATE FASCIST OLIGARCHY, then the US would stand with Egyptians fighting for CIVILIZATION vs the Hateful Goals of the Muslim Brotherhood.
amcummer

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Aug 15, 2013
Gt in the middle of the fight that hardly represent worthy cause and has a 3 way love triangle. LOL! and either get shot by either side or get caught in the crossfire or both. What would I do? nuthin honey. Hehehehhh!
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#3 Aug 15, 2013
Egyptians need to understand that America and Americans don't give a rat's ass what happens to them. Why is our name even coming up in this discussion? They're a bunch of fckng monkeys.
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

#4 Aug 15, 2013
Faith wrote:
Egyptians need to understand that America and Americans don't give a rat's ass what happens to them. Why is our name even coming up in this discussion? They're a bunch of fckng monkeys.
Not all Egyptians are Muslim and non-Muslim Egyptians are fighting to preserve civilization in that part of the world.

Remember the orgin of the Muslim Brotherhood:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_M...

"Links to the Nazis began during the 1930s and were close during the Second World War, involving agitation against the British, espionage and sabotage, as well as support for terrorist activities orchestrated by Haj Amin el-Hussaini in British Mandate Palestine, as a wide range of declassified documents from the British, American and Nazi German governmental archives, as well as from personal accounts and memoires from that period, confirm.[6]"

"Reflecting this connection the Muslim Brotherhood also disseminated Hitler's Mein Kampf and The Protocols of the Elders of Zion widely in Arab translations, helping to deepen and extend already existing hostile views about Jews and Western societies generally.[7]
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#5 Aug 15, 2013
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all Egyptians are Muslim and non-Muslim Egyptians are fighting to preserve civilization in that part of the world.
Remember the orgin of the Muslim Brotherhood:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_M...
"Links to the Nazis began during the 1930s and were close during the Second World War, involving agitation against the British, espionage and sabotage, as well as support for terrorist activities orchestrated by Haj Amin el-Hussaini in British Mandate Palestine, as a wide range of declassified documents from the British, American and Nazi German governmental archives, as well as from personal accounts and memoires from that period, confirm.[6]"
"Reflecting this connection the Muslim Brotherhood also disseminated Hitler's Mein Kampf and The Protocols of the Elders of Zion widely in Arab translations, helping to deepen and extend already existing hostile views about Jews and Western societies generally.[7]
Did I happen to mention that none of us give a fck?

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#6 Aug 15, 2013
Fore!
Adale

Arlington, VA

#7 Aug 15, 2013
Build sand castles and stack rocks. What the hell do I care.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#8 Aug 16, 2013

Give them lots of money?
amcummer

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Aug 16, 2013
RustyS wrote:
Give them lots of money?
Egyptians are destroying their assets and destroying their tourism business.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#10 Aug 16, 2013
amcummer wrote:
<quoted text> Egyptians are destroying their assets and destroying their tourism business.
They don't really need any tourism, the US gives them over $2BILLION a year. I guess it's just so they say they like us.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Aug 16, 2013
RustyS wrote:
Give them lots of money?
That is the way israel wants it. They want the USA to send money to Egypt because they imagine that the money will corrupt Egypt. But as long as it is in the form of military hardware, I cannot see how it helps the Egyptian people much. I think it is meant to control the military. But that clearly has not worked. And Obama is too scared to cutoff the flow of money because that would anger israel. It is all about israel.

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Aug 16, 2013
I give Kerry credit for thing: he seems serious about peace in Palestine. But in my heart of hearts, I do not think it will work. If it does work, it will require a HUGE, HUGE SUM OF USA DOLLARS to pay for all the crimes israel has committed in the area. That is key to the whole problem. US taxpayers will have to buy peace in the Mid-East. There is really no point in putting off the reality any longer. Every square inch of land that israel has taken from the Arabs has to be paid for before there can be any hope of peace. And Uncle Sam is the only one with enough money to pay for it.
one cube parsec

Delhi, India

#13 Aug 17, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
.... It is all about israel.
Yes there is a strong pro israel lobby in the US.

But think about this- if the Arabs were to run over israel tomorrow and chase away all the jews, how does that affect USA one bit?

Losing control of the Suez Canal!!! Now that is different. If US navy can't get its ships to go thru the Suez, how will USA weild its power over Asia anymore!

Brits lost control of Seuz in 1956 (keywords SUEZ CRISIS), and that was the end of their superpower reign.

Morsi cut a deal with USA, access to Suez canal, in return for USA support. So that is why the west is supporting Morsi. It effects all their trade with asia, and their ability to project their military might over Asia.

A lot is at stake for the west, and so you find mysterious snipers on rooftops shooting at egyptians, and all western media including al jazeera openly hinting they are the military. How do they know its not the hammas? Or other mercenaries? Who does a high casualty number hurt? The brotherhood or the Secular and the military? Who does it give an excuse to not support the military, an excuse to intervene, stop being impartial (yet again)?
one cube parsec

Delhi, India

#14 Aug 17, 2013
do the research- be informed

google key words "Suez canal crisis"

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Aug 18, 2013
one cube parsec wrote:
do the research- be informed
google key words "Suez canal crisis"
The US military wants no parts of Egypt. I mean, they want it. But they cannot have it.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#16 Aug 18, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
The US military wants no parts of Egypt. I mean, they want it. But they cannot have it.
in fact we could, if we really wanted it...so could the Israelis, so could our local boy scout troop den # 125...

it's not like the egyptians have any sort of country organized enought to defend themselves...
Adale

Arlington, VA

#17 Aug 18, 2013
It's a well known fact in isreal, bomb the Aswan dam and egypt will be sent back to the stone age.

It's that simple and Egyptian military are well aware of it.

St. Croix valley

#18 Aug 18, 2013
Adale wrote:
It's a well known fact in isreal, bomb the Aswan dam and egypt will be sent back to the stone age.
It's that simple and Egyptian military are well aware of it.
or the world could just stop sending them the aid they need to survive as their backward nation can't seem to do it on their own...
bottlecap

Tampa, FL

#19 Aug 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>or the world could just stop sending them the aid they need to survive as their backward nation can't seem to do it on their own...
One of the reasons that the people of Egypt rose up angry at Morsi and his band of religious bozos was that Morsi, DESPITE receiving help from Obama and US taxpayers, SCREWED-UP the economy.

But now that the pro-NAZI Muslim Brotherhood is Gone, Saudi Arabia has offer assist the new government.

"On Saturday, the Saudi government said it was sending three field hospitals to Egypt in the interests of "standing by and supporting the brotherly Egyptian people" amid continuing street violence there."

"Saudi Arabia and the fellow Gulf monarchies of Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates in early July pledged $12 billion in aid to Egypt."
------
No need now for the US to pour anymore money into Egypt.

St. Croix valley

#20 Aug 18, 2013
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the reasons that the people of Egypt rose up angry at Morsi and his band of religious bozos was that Morsi, DESPITE receiving help from Obama and US taxpayers, SCREWED-UP the economy.
But now that the pro-NAZI Muslim Brotherhood is Gone, Saudi Arabia has offer assist the new government.
"On Saturday, the Saudi government said it was sending three field hospitals to Egypt in the interests of "standing by and supporting the brotherly Egyptian people" amid continuing street violence there."
"Saudi Arabia and the fellow Gulf monarchies of Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates in early July pledged $12 billion in aid to Egypt."
------
No need now for the US to pour anymore money into Egypt.
ummm...the economy there was already screwed up...try this, research, then post.

of course the Saudis and other extremist gov'ts want to send aid. they saw how well that worked for thier goals in Afghanistan when the Us just up and left when the soviets did, adn they continued their aid. the tribal factions supportive of their islamic extremism took over and we have the mess we have there now.

history and facts are fun! so is learning. try it before you post again...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 27,280
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min Sbt 1,583,769
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 25 min Frindly 8,680
News Free speech supporters: Outnumbered, but rally ... 36 min UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 70
News Trump's lack of moral compass leaves America on... 1 hr Sbt 262
News Clinton: My 'skin crawled' as Trump hovered on ... 1 hr CodeTalker 40
News Collins unsure if Trump will be 2020 GOP nominee 1 hr CodeTalker 61
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 hr russianrepukes 287,990
More from around the web