Senate Win In Wis. A 'Turning Point' For Gay Rights

Nov 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: GPB.org

Congresswoman Tammy Baldwin greets supporters at a campaign rally for President Obama on Nov.

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Feb 25, 2013

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#1 Nov 11, 2012
I'm sure Tommy Thompson's "kindness" to unionized workers played no small part ih her victory.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2 Nov 11, 2012
Clinton-Baldwin 2016?
Clayton Winton

Spokane, WA

#3 Nov 23, 2012
A woman can't be Gay, just as a Gay can't be a Lesbian. It is not an "attitude" that can be "adjusted" or those who always hated us win. The ignorance of Lesbians calling themselves 'gay,' especially from a Lawmaker, is offensive.

I congratulate Tammy Baldwin on her win, the first woman to be elected to the Senate from the state of Wisconsin, and the first Lesbian, but "openly gay" from a Lawmaker, is agreeing with anti-Gay Rights groups that always said "homosexuality is a choice, it can be treated as the disorder it is, for mental-health and spiritual healing."

It is not a choice. It is not a disorder. I was BORN THIS WAY.

I've had four Gay marriages, was fired for being Gay Married by the Str8 Married. I've been Gay married four times, twice to the same man. I have never had a sexual relationship with a woman. I'm just Gay, not 'lesbian.'

My blood was spilled in defense of Lesbians, for Gay Rights, for Womens' Rights, that she be able to be free of the bondage of Traditionalists hating her for being homosexual, for her love, firing her, refusing her housing, employment, benefits, free association, free speech, Human Rights. Ms Baldwin doesn't even know who she is.

We formed an Alliance between Gays and Lesbians, to defend her rights. We couldn't dismantle Womens' Rights gains in law, we could only redefine a subset of women that needed protections that were originally excluded, denied. Homosexual women chose their LEGAL NAME: LESBIAN to be "written in stone" to defend her against discrimination. That's what Gay Rights is, we Gays' blood spilled for her, FIRST, because society forced her into a 'closet.'

Our COURAGE and our LIVES on-the-line for her, only to promote the same ideals of those who hate us.

We have no education, and a Google Search of "Gay History" and "Gay Pride" at the Newport Public Library in Newport, WA results in a pop-up blank screen, prompting for a PASSWORD, the very word "gay" deemed "offensive." Their excuse? "It's a mature topic."

Any questions why Lesbians are so ignorant?

Ms Baldwin, please help fix it, cuz they take it out on me.

Thank you.

Kind Regards, always,
Clayton Winton

“Post-religious”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#4 Nov 23, 2012
Clayton Winton wrote:
A woman can't be Gay, just as a Gay can't be a Lesbian. It is not an "attitude" that can be "adjusted" or those who always hated us win. The ignorance of Lesbians calling themselves 'gay,' especially from a Lawmaker, is offensive.
I congratulate Tammy Baldwin on her win, the first woman to be elected to the Senate from the state of Wisconsin, and the first Lesbian, but "openly gay" from a Lawmaker, is agreeing with anti-Gay Rights groups that always said "homosexuality is a choice, it can be treated as the disorder it is, for mental-health and spiritual healing."
It is not a choice. It is not a disorder. I was BORN THIS WAY.
I've had four Gay marriages, was fired for being Gay Married by the Str8 Married. I've been Gay married four times, twice to the same man. I have never had a sexual relationship with a woman. I'm just Gay, not 'lesbian.'
My blood was spilled in defense of Lesbians, for Gay Rights, for Womens' Rights, that she be able to be free of the bondage of Traditionalists hating her for being homosexual, for her love, firing her, refusing her housing, employment, benefits, free association, free speech, Human Rights. Ms Baldwin doesn't even know who she is.
We formed an Alliance between Gays and Lesbians, to defend her rights. We couldn't dismantle Womens' Rights gains in law, we could only redefine a subset of women that needed protections that were originally excluded, denied. Homosexual women chose their LEGAL NAME: LESBIAN to be "written in stone" to defend her against discrimination. That's what Gay Rights is, we Gays' blood spilled for her, FIRST, because society forced her into a 'closet.'
Our COURAGE and our LIVES on-the-line for her, only to promote the same ideals of those who hate us.
We have no education, and a Google Search of "Gay History" and "Gay Pride" at the Newport Public Library in Newport, WA results in a pop-up blank screen, prompting for a PASSWORD, the very word "gay" deemed "offensive." Their excuse? "It's a mature topic."
Any questions why Lesbians are so ignorant?
Ms Baldwin, please help fix it, cuz they take it out on me.
Thank you.
Kind Regards, always,
Clayton Winton
Clayton:

It appears that you think you own the word "gay" like anti-gay people think they own the word "marriage."

Well, you don't. Ms. Baldwin can call herself whatever she likes, and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. Tough.

Wound up kinda tight, aren't you?

Sincerely,
Jerald

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#5 Nov 24, 2012
Clayton Winton wrote:
Trying to follow that post was a bit difficult, but both male and females can be attracted to the same gender, i.e gay.

While the term lesbian always refers to a female, the word "gay" can refer to either a male or a female, even though it is most often used when referencing males.

It rather like the use of "straight", which can apply to either gender.

Is that a little more clear?

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#6 Nov 24, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to follow that post was a bit difficult, but both male and females can be attracted to the same gender, i.e gay.
While the term lesbian always refers to a female, the word "gay" can refer to either a male or a female, even though it is most often used when referencing males.
It rather like the use of "straight", which can apply to either gender.
Is that a little more clear?
Thanks for clarifying this for him. Actually, I wish we gay males had stuck with uranian or something similar. Gay is okay but the homophobes bitch we co-opted an English word. Kind of silly as English words change all the time. When was the last time anyone heard the word "toilet" used in its original meaning? In any case, lesbians have a much nicer word. It comes from a pretty island where one of the greatest poets lived.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Peoples Bushes, Arizona

#7 Nov 24, 2012
HAIL WISCONSIN !(BB-64)

Cows for everyone !

:)
Clayton Winton

Spokane, WA

#8 Nov 26, 2012
Jerald wrote:
<quoted text>
Clayton:
It appears that you think you own the word "gay" like anti-gay people think they own the word "marriage."
Well, you don't. Ms. Baldwin can call herself whatever she likes, and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. Tough.
Wound up kinda tight, aren't you?
Sincerely,
Jerald
Oh I know, yes, she has free-speech. BTW, character judgements of commenters is ad hom, taunting, which is bullying, i.e., "wound up kinda tight" -- makes people get "wound up", false accussations to upset someone, which is taunting, a form of bullying. Word it any way you wish, and please stop.

As for using the word "gay" interchangeably with "lesbian," we can't ask for laws to be written to protect Lesbians, then just call them 'gay,' and when we Gays get fired for being Gay, or fired for being in love, Gay Married, or denied housing, or visitation rights in hospitals of our spouses, say, "there are laws against that for Lesbians, and everybody knows Lesbians are 'gay', so it's also illegal to do it to me cuz I'm Gay."

If we don't walk the walk and talk the talk, why should Str8's be expected to when it comes to Gay Rights? When it comes to anti-taunting/bullying of we Gays?

Kind regards, always,
Clayton Winton

“Post-religious”

Location hidden

#9 Nov 26, 2012
Clayton Winton wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I know, yes, she has free-speech. BTW, character judgements of commenters is ad hom, taunting, which is bullying, i.e., "wound up kinda tight" -- makes people get "wound up", false accussations to upset someone, which is taunting, a form of bullying. Word it any way you wish, and please stop.
No, I won't. In fact, I shall taunt you a second time. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. How's that?

Now get a life.
Clayton Winton wrote:
As for using the word "gay" interchangeably with "lesbian," we can't ask for laws to be written to protect Lesbians, then just call them 'gay,' and when we Gays get fired for being Gay, or fired for being in love, Gay Married, or denied housing, or visitation rights in hospitals of our spouses, say, "there are laws against that for Lesbians, and everybody knows Lesbians are 'gay', so it's also illegal to do it to me cuz I'm Gay."
If we don't walk the walk and talk the talk, why should Str8's be expected to when it comes to Gay Rights? When it comes to anti-taunting/bullying of we Gays?
Kind regards, always,
Clayton Winton
What the fcuk are you babbling about? Lesbians are gay. They are also homosexual. They are also attracted to the same-sex. When people speak of gay rights, lesbians are included. It's not really that complicated, unless you insist on making it that way.

Some uptight folks like yourself get all worked up about these kinds of things and insist on a separate word or lettered acronym for everything (LGBTQQIALMNOP... ad infinitum). This is just silly, and if you are genuinely concerned about how straights view all this, I'm sure they think it's even more ridiculous.

By the way, there are no such legal constructs as "gay marriage" or "same-sex marriage", just as there are no such legal constructs as interracial marriage or interfaith marriage. The only legal construct that counts is civil marriage.

No state denies civil marriage on the basis of sexual orientation. What all but nine states and the District of Columbia ban is marriage between people of the same sex. The legal discrimination is based on the sex of the partners, not their sexual orientation.

Chew on that for a while.

Since: Feb 13

Spokane, WA

#10 Feb 25, 2013
The ad hominem in these posts is meanspirited, and proves an incredible lack of personal-character 'depth.' We must remember that ad hominem is the leading cause of Gay Bashings, violence, shootings in this country, so those engaged in it, promote violence, especially against Gays. That is obviously the agenda of the anti-Gays, not mine.

CAN WOMEN BE 'gay'? NO.

Old-School 'think' was that 'gay' was synonymous with "homosexuality." At the beginning of the Gay Rights Movement, we did not define our words, our language, our legal terms.

Since that time, we have.

Language evolves. Education too, but we of the GLBTQ ("LGBT" to some) people have no formal-education about these topics, just rumors, and misinformation.

Only men/males can be "Gay," and only women (females) can be "Lesbian." That is what we learned, what our blood was spilled for, as we progressed with Gay Rights. There is no such thing as a male "lesbian" and there is no such thing as a female "gay".

The word 'gay,' in Gay Rights, is not interchangeable. Just as the word "Jew" is not applicable to Baptists. One may be of Hebrew ancestry, but not Jewish; nor can you say you are Black if you are White. You cannot seek protections of Native Americans if you have not descended from them. You cannot say you are Blind if you can see.

Our opponants always said that 'gay' was an 'attitude' and a 'choice.' It is not. I was born this way. When either 'gays' or 'lesbians' claim that women can be 'gay too,' they are promoting the same hatreds of our opponants, disrespecting Gay Rights, proving a level of ignorance greater than those whom hate us.

Can you imagine the Jew that claims s/he is "Islamic?"

Can you imagine the Asian that says s/he is 'discriminated' against because, seeking protections by law, while saying they are "Latino?"

Further, when a female, married, divorces or leaves her heterosexual relationship, then "comes out of the closet", claims she is 'lesbian,' she proves ignorance too, because she can never be "Lesbian," only Bisexual. Her existence in reality proves it. She had sexual-relationships with both men and women during her life. That is the definition of "Bisexual," not "lesbian."

Same with men. The "out of closet" cases prove disrespect to Gay Rights, by claiming they are "suddenly gay." There is no such thing. If a male, and "out of the closet," after a sexual-relationship with a women, they are not 'gay,' their very lives and how they lived it, proves they are Bisexual, not 'gay.'

I am just Gay. I am not a Bisexual nor would I seek the protections Bisexuals seek, for I have no right doing so. Nor would I seek the protections under Womens' Rights claiming I am "lesbian." No man can. No male can. That is GAY RIGHTS, the inherent truth that we are born this way, with PRIDE.

Kind Regards,
Clayton Winton

“Post-religious”

Location hidden

#11 Feb 25, 2013
Clayton Leon Winton wrote:
The ad hominem in these posts is meanspirited, and proves an incredible lack of personal-character 'depth.' We must remember that ad hominem is the leading cause of Gay Bashings, violence, shootings in this country, so those engaged in it, promote violence, especially against Gays. That is obviously the agenda of the anti-Gays, not mine.
CAN WOMEN BE 'gay'? NO.
Old-School 'think' was that 'gay' was synonymous with "homosexuality." At the beginning of the Gay Rights Movement, we did not define our words, our language, our legal terms.
Since that time, we have.
Language evolves. Education too, but we of the GLBTQ ("LGBT" to some) people have no formal-education about these topics, just rumors, and misinformation.
Only men/males can be "Gay," and only women (females) can be "Lesbian." That is what we learned, what our blood was spilled for, as we progressed with Gay Rights. There is no such thing as a male "lesbian" and there is no such thing as a female "gay".
The word 'gay,' in Gay Rights, is not interchangeable. Just as the word "Jew" is not applicable to Baptists. One may be of Hebrew ancestry, but not Jewish; nor can you say you are Black if you are White. You cannot seek protections of Native Americans if you have not descended from them. You cannot say you are Blind if you can see.
Our opponants always said that 'gay' was an 'attitude' and a 'choice.' It is not. I was born this way. When either 'gays' or 'lesbians' claim that women can be 'gay too,' they are promoting the same hatreds of our opponants, disrespecting Gay Rights, proving a level of ignorance greater than those whom hate us.
Can you imagine the Jew that claims s/he is "Islamic?"
Can you imagine the Asian that says s/he is 'discriminated' against because, seeking protections by law, while saying they are "Latino?"
Further, when a female, married, divorces or leaves her heterosexual relationship, then "comes out of the closet", claims she is 'lesbian,' she proves ignorance too, because she can never be "Lesbian," only Bisexual. Her existence in reality proves it. She had sexual-relationships with both men and women during her life. That is the definition of "Bisexual," not "lesbian."
Same with men. The "out of closet" cases prove disrespect to Gay Rights, by claiming they are "suddenly gay." There is no such thing. If a male, and "out of the closet," after a sexual-relationship with a women, they are not 'gay,' their very lives and how they lived it, proves they are Bisexual, not 'gay.'
I am just Gay. I am not a Bisexual nor would I seek the protections Bisexuals seek, for I have no right doing so. Nor would I seek the protections under Womens' Rights claiming I am "lesbian." No man can. No male can. That is GAY RIGHTS, the inherent truth that we are born this way, with PRIDE.
Kind Regards,
Clayton Winton
Clayton:

Ms. Baldwin can call herself whatever she likes ("I am well aware that I will be the first openly gay member of the U.S. Senate," she said.)

You are free to disagree.

The rest of us will go about our business, and quite happily call her gay.

If it pisses you off, that's too bad. That's YOUR problem, not ours. Get a life.

Sincerely,

Jerald
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

#12 Feb 25, 2013
It is funny when queers argue.
It is like a black referring to another black as an "N".

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#13 Feb 25, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
It is funny when queers argue.
It is like a black referring to another black as an "N".
not as funny as when ignorant bigots like you post what they think is a witty comment...

THAT is some funny shit...
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

#14 Feb 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not as funny as when ignorant bigots like you post what they think is a witty comment...
THAT is some funny shit...
What's even funnier is that you thought I was insulting your dog.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Independent patriot 256,244
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min wojar 177,385
Pat Robertson discusses plan to impeach Obama o... 1 hr bmz 7
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr wondering 115,228
Ukraine Says Russia Has Invaded 1 hr Pro Ukraine 9
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 46,316
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr Brian_G 32,475
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr Yeah 1,100,230
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••