Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29778 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34578 Sep 5, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Native American Indians were healthy and disease free until the white man arrived and gave them STDs and various other things.
That doesn't even speak to when the white man deliberately infected them with smallpox.
Yes, their culture was quickly annihilated. In Mexico, the vast majority of indigenous Mexicans were taken into slavery to work in the underground gold snd silver mines.....the riches sent back to Europe. That included woman and children because they were smaller and could balance themselves on the ledges or crawl into crevices. Some of these slaves were born in the mines and lived there until death.

I admire Spanish Mexicans for being open about the ugly past in a way that's unique compared to Canadans or Americans in general, where we tend to focus the beginning of North America only when Europeans arrived.

I was reading not long ago that many of the irritation ditches still used today in Arizona were already there when the first settlers arrived, created by the natives to make use of the land hundreds of years before them.

In case anyone gets the wrong idea, I'm not an advcate of land claims. I just think their history and their culture should be recognized and honoured far more than it is.
hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#34579 Sep 5, 2013
American Indian culture was not annihilated.

And there are irritation ditches all over Topix.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34580 Sep 5, 2013
Sugar Cub wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think he is off enough to end his life like Castro did by committing suicide? His world is definitely crashing. His attorney says he is an outcast.
I think there's a far greater indication of folks who's world is crashing on this very thread!

Have you forgotten this? That looks like a man with a whole lot of optimism in his mind! LOL

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/AP_george_zimm...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34581 Sep 5, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman is a loose cannon and he will explode again..
I gather you know him personally?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34582 Sep 5, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
You need a remedial class in satire.
It wasn't intended to be satire, I was just stating the obvious.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34583 Sep 5, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
That was before he murdered an unarmed black boy and became notorious, haven't you heard?
His ego will not allow him to work for a living. He likes his new lifestyle.
It's people like you that talk about him 24/7 that make him notorious. It's as if because the media chose to high-profile the case and you chose to follow it, you've given yourself the right to take over what GZ will do or say in the future.

That's as batshyt crazy as stalkers who are desperate to put themselves in the life of a celebrity!

Work on your own life instead of trying to run others....on a keyboard at that!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34584 Sep 5, 2013
OT but speaking of Native North Americans, if any of you are anywhere near Southern Alberta, Head-Smashed-In-Buffalo Jump, a World Heritiage Site is a MUST SEE.

http://history.alberta.ca/headsmashedin/

Even though I live only about three hours away, I had never been there until this summer. Archeologists have dug below the cliffs to determine a timeline which indicates this site was used 6,000 years ago. How they managed to herd the buffalo over the cliffs, on foot, no horses then of course, was utterly fascinating as well as how every part of the buffalo was used for something.....a gift from their Creator.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34585 Sep 5, 2013
Where's the grammar expert?

“As horrifying as Mr. Castro’s crimes may be, the state has a responsibility to ensure his safety from himself and others,” ACLU of Ohio executive director Christine Link said in a statement.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Ohio+prison+s...

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#34586 Sep 5, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
I gather you know him personally?
Squirrels gather nuts in the fall to prepare for winter. I'm sure you are very busy with your gathering.

Since: May 11

AOL

#34587 Sep 5, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet she loses weight and gets a real man. I think she knows she might end up being his next victim if she didn't divorce him.
I don't think she will tell secrets about him, it might endanger her life. She knows better than anyone what he is capable of. That's probably why she wasn't staying there when he was angry, she was afraid of him.
Zimmerman is a loose cannon and he will explode again. She is smart enough to not want to be around when that happens.
Hi Zazz:D
That weight on Shellie is pure unhappiness and it didn't happen after the murder..she's probably wanted out for a long time, and stood by him thinking he'd be convicted. That's probably why she cried when the verdict was read.
I don't think she's afraid of George..not judging by that famous pic of them in court where she's glaring at him. I think she's had it up to here with being poor and being angry with HIM every damned day! lol

Location hidden

#34588 Sep 5, 2013
Sugar Cub wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think he is off enough to end his life like Castro did by committing suicide? His world is definitely crashing. His attorney says he is an outcast.
Nope. He thinks he's famous rather than notorious and keeps doing things to call attention to himself. The "hero" thing that turned out to be a put up job. His getting stopped by patrol cars twice (that we know of) if a couple of weeks.

His attorney is still trolling for cash.

His wife knows her life is in danger and is thanking her lucky stars it was not her that night. That's why she was staying with her family, she knows he's dangerous.

Location hidden

#34589 Sep 5, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
It's people like you that talk about him 24/7 that make him notorious. It's as if because the media chose to high-profile the case and you chose to follow it, you've given yourself the right to take over what GZ will do or say in the future.
That's as batshyt crazy as stalkers who are desperate to put themselves in the life of a celebrity!
Work on your own life instead of trying to run others....on a keyboard at that!
Stop ordering me around. I've tried to ignore it but you make it impossible.

I'll do what I damn well please and say what I damn well please and it is none of your batshit crazy business.

Your life needs working on much more than mine. Hope this doesn't mean you're stupid enough to believe the lies Tired and Stupid spews.

You have your hands full trying to act sane every now and then so back off and leave me alone.

Location hidden

#34590 Sep 5, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Zazz:D
That weight on Shellie is pure unhappiness and it didn't happen after the murder..she's probably wanted out for a long time, and stood by him thinking he'd be convicted. That's probably why she cried when the verdict was read.
I don't think she's afraid of George..not judging by that famous pic of them in court where she's glaring at him. I think she's had it up to here with being poor and being angry with HIM every damned day! lol
I think you're right.

She wasn't staying with him at the time of the murder and for many months while he was awaiting trial. She stood by him during the trial, showing character. She wouldn't lie to the interviewers about their relationship either.

He didn't go to court with her even though he is the one who made her lie. I hope after her probation they wipe her record clean and she can continue with her life. She wants to marry and have babies, just not his babies. Sounds like a smart woman.

Zimmerman is a ticking time bomb and I think she knows it.
2 posts removed

Since: May 11

AOL

#34593 Sep 5, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're right.
She wasn't staying with him at the time of the murder and for many months while he was awaiting trial. She stood by him during the trial, showing character. She wouldn't lie to the interviewers about their relationship either.
He didn't go to court with her even though he is the one who made her lie. I hope after her probation they wipe her record clean and she can continue with her life. She wants to marry and have babies, just not his babies. Sounds like a smart woman.
I think she realized he's nuts the night he shot a kid at 7 pm for walking in the rain. She might also have suspected a screw loose when he started packing heat to go grocery shopping. Living a life of 'us against them' has got to get old fast. Not fun for Shellie with all George's screwball friends who all claimed to recognize her husband screams. Imagine that many people recognizing your husband's blood curdling screams..not very sexy.
I wish her well and hope her next husband's got his head on straight.
3 posts removed

Tired of Silly

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#34597 Sep 6, 2013
What a pack of wackos you all are with your armchair psychology. Mr. Zimmerman is no doubt upset at the divorce, but few marriages could withstand the stress that these young people have been under since the wrongful arrest of Mr. Zimmerman, being forced to live in hiding due to lunatics like the ones who post here, and the stress of having to defend against a ridiculous murder charge, look at the filthy incubator and sperm donor every day, listen to their lies about their thug spawn...........VERY few marriages could survive all that, and Mr. and Mrs. Zimmerman are young and haven't been married all that long. I'm sure they're both hurting, but their divorce was certainly predictable. I wish them both the best........they are yet again the victims of the Martin/Fulton clan and a final time the victims of that filthy beast Trayvon who is, thankfully, dead.
1 post removed
Huh

Faribault, MN

#34599 Sep 6, 2013
Court says innocent....Real non-racist people say Zimmerman is guilty as heck....Times like this I hope hell is real so when Zimmerman dies he frys.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34600 Sep 6, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop ordering me around. I've tried to ignore it but you make it impossible.
I'll do what I damn well please and say what I damn well please and it is none of your batshit crazy business.
Your life needs working on much more than mine. Hope this doesn't mean you're stupid enough to believe the lies Tired and Stupid spews.
You have your hands full trying to act sane every now and then so back off and leave me alone.
The way you write, it's as if you believe you own the story rights to the character!

And you think other people are crazy?

"Nope. He thinks he's famous rather than notorious and keeps doing things to call attention to himself. The "hero" thing that turned out to be a put up job. His getting stopped by patrol cars twice (that we know of) if a couple of weeks.
His attorney is still trolling for cash.
His wife knows her life is in danger and is thanking her lucky stars it was not her that night. That's why she was staying with her family, she knows he's dangerous."

"His ego will not allow him to work for a living. He likes his new lifestyle."

"I'll bet she loses weight and gets a real man. I think she knows she might end up being his next victim if she didn't divorce him.
I don't think she will tell secrets about him, it might endanger her life. She knows better than anyone what he is capable of. That's probably why she wasn't staying there when he was angry, she was afraid of him.
Zimmerman is a loose cannon and he will explode again. She is smart enough to not want to be around when that happens."
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34601 Sep 6, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>

??????
1 post removed
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34603 Sep 6, 2013
She has a moment in the spotlight. She wants everyone to know that she changed her life,” Miss O'Connor said, adding that the trial put a major strain on the couple’s relationship.

“It put great stress on their marriage,” she (Shellie) said.“Constantly having to move. She got threats. A lot of threats. She doesn’t want to reveal from who…. They are constantly living under fear of being attacked.”

Read more: http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/5/...

That's not hard to imagine.....just read this thread!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34604 Sep 6, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know the man (and he's young enough to be my son, so no, no fantasies about him, unlike some of you, I'm not a freak)but I have nothing but sympathy for anyone who is wrongly accused of murder and subjected to the horrific events that this man has been subjected to, and all to placate a bunch of screaming apes and filth like Sybrina the incubator Fulton and Tracey the sperm donor Martin. Again, I wish both George and Shellie the best and hope that they both can move on from this ridiculous false charge and the horror of the past 18 months.
Don't you have a Very Important job today at the zoo, to occupy your time?

If you wish George and Shellie "the best", the only way that's ever going to happen is when people like you quit screeching about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 1 min woodtick57 130
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 min katrina 88 391,039
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Yeah 1,403,183
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Jack 201,096
News Ohio's Kasich urges working together at NAACP c... 3 min WeTheSheeple 118
News Trump doubles back to hit Cruz 4 min NotSoDivineMsM 52
News Clinton on Trump: 'I can't really imagine him o... 5 min Mikey 2
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 43 min tum ONeal s dealer 150
More from around the web