Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31815 Jul 24, 2013
The news conference today was supposed to have taken place at O'Mara's office????

"Earlier, the husband and wife who were involved in the accident canceled a Wednesday news conference at O'Mara's law office. Mark and Dana Gerstle had planned to talk about Zimmerman's assistance.

O'Mara told Blitzer that they changed their minds, deciding they didn't want to be in the spotlight. After discussing the situation with family and friends, O'Mara said they realized that being connected to Zimmerman right now could be toxic."
http://azstarnet.com/news/couple-cancels-news...

This report says it was O'Mara who cancelled it......

"O'Mara, underscoring the amount of hate directed toward
Zimmerman, spoke after canceling a planned news conference with
the family, where he said Zimmerman was due to be recognized as
a "Good Samaritan."
http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/arti...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31816 Jul 24, 2013
"O'Mara urged reporters to give the Gerstle family privacy."
http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/...

After he arranges a news conference at his office, knowing the family was not seeking publicity?

What an utter idiot!
2 posts removed
spocko

Oakland, CA

#31819 Jul 24, 2013
californio wrote:
<quoted text> Oh really. show me one person who gave so much as One dollar to any Republican who said ANYTHING as hateful as this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =POQh0YLRlpcXX
And Obama gladly took one Million dollar from Bill Maher.
The Democratic party is a party of haters.
I hate to be the one to tell you Einstein but - Bill Maher is a comedian he has never ever claimed to be anything other than that!
3 posts removed
Joy

Key West, FL

#31823 Jul 24, 2013
GloomyRDarwin wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't get subtlties like sarcasm on this forum. Their narrowmindednss renders them incapable of those nuances. However, if you like really low class, gutter language, humor and culture, you've come to the right place.
If you are going to be Brad, you need to get some gonads to pull it off.

You also need a boat.
2 posts removed
Joy in vain

Key West, FL

#31826 Jul 24, 2013
GloomyRDarwin wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't get subtlties like sarcasm on this forum. Their narrowmindednss renders them incapable of those nuances. However, if you like really low class, gutter language, humor and culture, you've come to the right place.
I would love for you to say who you really are. You have denied being Brad from the start, so Kudos for that.

You have some interesting points of view!

This forum is so much fun when things are rolling along with some sort of trial for a killer is going on.

We could talk about Family and friends and all sorts of things.

I say, lets talk "All the threads" become as one.

Just talk without all the rhetoric would be nice.
Joy in vain

Key West, FL

#31827 Jul 24, 2013
Just tell the truth here.

This thread rocks.

If you are going to be mean then go elsewhere in a hurry.

Be honest Gloomy Darwood. You are not living in the Tropics right? Sorry for the misspelling of your hat trick.

If one person admits who they are then others will follow suit =Uniting in a P loom of smoke, wondering what happened?
Joy

Key West, FL

#31828 Jul 24, 2013
Ill be there with a Love that's strong, I'll Be There!

Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31829 Jul 24, 2013
How was it confirmed the Gerstle family was involved in the roll-over?

The police file was not released.

The Seminole County Sheriff Office Spokeperson never mentioned their names.

Anyone know the answer?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31830 Jul 24, 2013
Joy wrote:
Ill be there with a Love that's strong, I'll Be There!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =J6pAxF2br_UXX
Hallelujah, I hear you calling.....you're a sinner in need of redemption.

The Lord brought you to the right place because I'm planning to open my tax-exempt church very soon. Never believe in coincidences!

Rev Rambler will pray for healing of all your troubles through my pipeline to God -- you'll be Joy to The World long before Christmas.

Open your heart and soul sister, tell me what's ailing you?
1 post removed
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31832 Jul 24, 2013
"Sanford Police Department Capt Jim McAuliffe said that Zimmerman was identified by one of the crash victims as the man who pulled him and his family from the mangled blue Ford Explorer.

'George Zimmerman pulled me out,' firefighters were told by the unidentified driver, according to McAuliffe.

The responding deputy said that when he arrived at the intersection of I-4 and Route 46, two men - one of whom was Zimmerman - had already gotten the Gerstle family, which included their two children, out of the overturned vehicle."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23740...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The UNIDENTIFIED driver is identified throughout the entire Daily Mail story. LOL
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31833 Jul 24, 2013
A day later, Daily Mail again....the "unidentifed drive" is gone.....Mark Gerstle said the words.

"Mark Gerstle, a 52 year old pharmacist, instantly recognized Zimmerman when he pulled him from the driver's seat of his overturned vehicle.

He told firefighters:'George Zimmerman pulled me out.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23752...

Furthermore, it's not realistic that an able bodied male requires that he be "pulled out" of a vehicle, but he was not injured.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#31834 Jul 24, 2013
Joy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to be Brad, you need to get some gonads to pull it off.
You also need a boat.
Why are you trying to start a fight with GloomyR? This is one of the nice posters, not a hater.

Who is Brad?

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#31835 Jul 24, 2013
Joy in vain wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love for you to say who you really are. You have denied being Brad from the start, so Kudos for that.
You have some interesting points of view!
This forum is so much fun when things are rolling along with some sort of trial for a killer is going on.
We could talk about Family and friends and all sorts of things.
I say, lets talk "All the threads" become as one.
Just talk without all the rhetoric would be nice.
Several days ago more than 20 pages were removed from this thread. Not 20 posts, 20 pages of posts.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31836 Jul 24, 2013
George Zimmerman helps rescue a family from overturned truck
Daily Mail &#8206;- by Rachel Quigley &#8206;- 2 days ago
Do you know the family saved by George Zimmerman in Florida on July 17? If you do, call the MailOnline tip desk on (phone #)

Uh huh, this snswers my question.
1 post removed
Storm Warning

De Forest, WI

#31838 Jul 25, 2013
STAND and CARRY America !

Walker Zimmerman in 2016 !
1 post removed

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#31840 Jul 25, 2013
Rambler wrote:
A day later, Daily Mail again....the "unidentifed drive" is gone.....Mark Gerstle said the words.
"Mark Gerstle, a 52 year old pharmacist, instantly recognized Zimmerman when he pulled him from the driver's seat of his overturned vehicle.
He told firefighters:'George Zimmerman pulled me out.'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23752...
Furthermore, it's not realistic that an able bodied male requires that he be "pulled out" of a vehicle, but he was not injured.
The Explorer was on it's side genius, there are these things called doors which must be opened and then held open while the driver and passengers carefully crawl out, if they're able, and then find their way down to the ground.

FYI Zimmerman is about as tall as an Explorer is wide, the exercise required a bit of effort and he probably got dirty.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31841 Jul 25, 2013
George Zimmerman Crash Heroics 'Not Staged'
A public thank you from the family saved from their flipped car by Trayvon Martin's killer is shelved, amid conspiracy theories.

George Zimmerman's lawyer has brushed aside suggestions that his client's actions in helping save a family from a car wreck were staged.

Mark O'Mara said several officials and witnesses have confirmed the account of the former neighbourhood watch volunteer, who was recently acquitted of charges over the death of teenager Trayvon Martin in Florida.

"The same people who refuse to accept the jury's verdict, just want to be angry, just want to hate George Zimmerman, are still going to," Mr O'Mara told CNN.

"Even if we had a videotape of the accident, they would still say it was made up. So you can't really respond to people who just don't want to listen to the truth."

Earlier on Wednesday, the husband and wife who were involved in the accident cancelled a planned news conference.

Mark and Dana Gerstle had wanted to talk about Mr Zimmerman's heroics when their car flipped over last week.

"They wanted to thank him publicly," the lawyer said. "They thought that they could not, for the possibility of blowback against them."

http://news.sky.com/story/1120327/george-zimm...

Notice two words - TOXIC and BLOWBACK prevail in this story.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31842 Jul 25, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>The Explorer was on it's side genius, there are these things called doors which must be opened and then held open while the driver and passengers carefully crawl out, if they're able, and then find their way down to the ground.
FYI Zimmerman is about as tall as an Explorer is wide, the exercise required a bit of effort and he probably got dirty.
You're missing the point. The Daily Mail does not disclose who they got the story from. It was not authorities because the original story quotes "an unidentified driver". It was not Gerstle because he refused to talk to the media, and it certainly wasn't George Zimmerman.

Someone obviously responded to the Daily Mail's ask for an anonymous......the Gerstle involvement essentially put an end to it. Through O'Mara's mouth they thanked GZ, you can all go home now....we don't want the blowback from toxic chemicals to taint us.

But use your head! Two adults, two children involved in a highway roll-over crash do not walk away from the scene.....they'd at least be taken to hospital for observation of internal injuries. There's obviously more to this story than meets the eye because it does not make sense.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31843 Jul 25, 2013
* anonymous TIP

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#31844 Jul 25, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>The Explorer was on it's side genius, there are these things called doors which must be opened and then held open while the driver and passengers carefully crawl out, if they're able, and then find their way down to the ground.
Been on this thread forever....but, it's beginning to die, i think.....Too bad, it was good, while it lasted, eh?....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 min thetruth 18,830
News Ed Klein: FBI Trying to Get Confidantes to - Tu... 4 min Ritual Habitual 2
News Issa: FBI wants to indict Clinton and her aide 5 min Ritual Habitual 69
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min EAGLE EYE1 370,268
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... 7 min Garibaldi 4,144
News In climate bid, Obama stares down melting Alask... 19 min Earthling-1 1,561
Sen. Blumenthal demands lifting of IT 'gag' order 20 min Snidely70448 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr OzRitz 1,346,427
More from around the web