Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31749 Jul 24, 2013
Man accused of stalking TV anchors due in AZ today
http://www.kpho.com/story/22919410/man-accuse...

This photo of the man arrested appears as if it might have been captured by the computer camera, maybe during a Skype session?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31750 Jul 24, 2013
* my apologies, wrong thread
1 post removed
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31752 Jul 24, 2013
Purely speculation, but I wonder if neck wrinkles at the back of the neck are somewhat like distinguishable and unique fingerprints, and if West's match up with any of the bald-headed characters playing Casey Anthony's various lawyers who appeared in the media including Charles Greene.

I'm not aware that anyone has ever conducted a study.

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/...

I'd be interested in your thoughts about that, ngracie.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31753 Jul 24, 2013
George Zimmerman: Why did this case stand out?

By Hal Boedeker, Staff writer
7:07 am, July 24, 2013

Day after day, we get questions about the George Zimmerman trial and his acquittal in Trayvon Martin's death.

Those questions raise another query: Dear readers, where are you getting your information?

So we'll answer a few questions to try to bust a few myths or to provide context to those questions. People say they want to have a serious discussion about the verdict, which has polarized the country. But sometimes it seems they just want to cherry-pick the information to support their view.

Question: "The big story here has nothing to do with Trayvon or Zim, but why local reporters like you never mentioned that the DOJ from Washington sent people down to help organizers stir up the s--- making this a racial thing when Zim isn't even white. Why did you fail to mention any of this early on?"

Answer: Because that's not what our reporting showed. In fact, the Sentinel reported the opposite of what you're suggesting. An April 15, 2012 story carried the headline "DOJ 'peacemakers' helped Sanford stay cool amid rising tensions."

My colleague Arelis R. Hernández wrote then: "City officials, local leaders and residents say these peacekeepers have played a key role in easing tensions during some of the most heated moments after Trayvon's shooting."

Question: " Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 A pro-Zimmerman acquaintance told me that there was evidence that Trayvon was actively into competitive fighting. I said that if this was true it would have come out at the trial or at least in the news."

Answer: The judge ruled that information was irrelevant, and so the jury learned nothing of it. But the information did come out in the news, and the texts indicated that Trayvon was involved in competitive fighting.

On May 24, my colleagues Rene Stutzman and Jeff Weiner wrote about about Trayvon's cellphone: "The evidence that George Zimmerman's attorneys have uncovered on Trayvon Martin's cellphone paints a troubling picture of the Miami Gardens teenager: He sent text messages about being a fighter, smoking marijuana and being ordered to move out of his home by his mother."

con't
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31754 Jul 24, 2013
cont'

Question: Why did Trayvon's story generate so much interest when so many other teenagers are shot and killed?

Answer: I'll offer my view as someone who followed the coverage. Benjamin Crump, an attorney for Trayvon's family, was adept and relentless at public relations in discussing the case.

In a Sept. 29, 2012, story, my colleague Martin Comas and I wrote: "In the court of public opinion, the Zimmerman side initially suffered one misstep after another while trying to get its message out. The Martin side, meanwhile, shared its version of the story early, clearly and frequently."

"Most lawyers prefer to try their cases in the courtroom," Crump said then in an interview with the Sentinel. "But in my experience, in civil-rights cases, if you don't present your case in the court of public opinion and get media coverage, there's no guarantee — no matter how egregious the facts are — you'll be able to present your case in a court of law."

But Zimmerman defense attorney Mark O'Mara told me that the central legal issue would rest on his client's insistence that he was defending himself when Trayvon was shot.

"The reality is, this case is supposed to be judged upon George's belief, whether it was reasonable, that he was in fear of great bodily injury at Trayvon's hands," O'Mara said then. "To that, we look at some of the evidence. That's what we need to focus on. To turn George into something he's not for an ulterior motive is frustrating."

The jury focused on the evidence, not media coverage, in rendering the verdict and acquitting Zimmerman.

Question: How could the jury reach its verdict?

Answer: How much of the trial did you watch?

It's surprising that so many people didn't see the acquittal coming. The state put on a horrendous case.

State witnesses ultimately became witnesses for the defense. Prosecutors overreached in their opening statement and closing arguments.

The trial will be studied for decades to come because the state repeatedly stumbled. Two big mistakes by prosecutors: repeatedly screaming expletives that Zimmerman had uttered and trying to paint him as a criminal mastermind. If you want to blame someone for the verdict, look to the state, not the jurors.

The jurors were focused on a verdict in a murder trial. They weren't working for social change. That challenge will fall to others.

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31755 Jul 24, 2013
"It's surprising that so many people didn't see the acquittal coming. The state put on a horrendous case.

State witnesses ultimately became witnesses for the defense. Prosecutors overreached in their opening statement and closing arguments."

What in heaven's name is the world coming to when even Hal is involved in the conspiracy, eh ngracie?
concerned dingbat

United States

#31756 Jul 24, 2013
Rambler wrote:
"It's surprising that so many people didn't see the acquittal coming. The state put on a horrendous case.
State witnesses ultimately became witnesses for the defense. Prosecutors overreached in their opening statement and closing arguments."
What in heaven's name is the world coming to when even Hal is involved in the conspiracy, eh ngracie?
Go get a life, damn you are pathetic.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#31757 Jul 24, 2013
Rambler wrote:
Really?
We watched OJ get away with almost lopping the heads off of 2 innocent victims in fear of blacks rioting if he were found guilty.
The MSM,black activists and this administration set the mood for this trial in the same manner.
We watch the SCOTUS overturn the will of the people every day by legislating a narrative from the bench.
Is it any surprise people weren't confident the jury would rule in favor of the evidence as opposed to political pressure of the nth degree?

The legal system,like our governing bodies,has become a sad joke in this country.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31758 Jul 24, 2013
Black Lawmakers to Host First Hearing on the Status of Black Males
By Joyce Jones
Posted: 07/22/2013 05:26 PM EDT

Young, African-American men are disproportionately more likely to be incarcerated. Their unemployment rate for June was 13 percent. A study by the Schott Foundation for Public Education found that just 52 percent graduated from high school in 2009-10.

Black lawmakers on Capitol Hill in March established the Congressional Caucus on Black Men and Boys to raise awareness about issues like these that disproportionately affect this demographic. On July 24, the group will hold its first hearing, titled "The Status of Black Males: Ensuring Our Boys Mature Into Strong Men."

The timing of the hearing, a little more than a week after the George Zimmerman verdict, is coincidental, said D.C. Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton, a co-chair of the caucus, but the inaugural effort to get the nation to address the challenges facing African-American males is "right on time."

Pointing to barriers to success, such as the likelihood of being racially profiled, having little or no access to quality health care or to have suffered from gun violence, Rep. Danny Davis called for the end of these and other disparities.

"We know that our nation cannot be true to its values, indeed cannot sustain itself, divided by such persistent inequalities," said the Illinois congressman and caucus co-chair. "This hearing is a key step [to focus] the attention and creativity of our nation [on] addressing the profound causes and consequences of this great divide.

Wednesday's panelists will include former congressman and NAACP president Kweisi Mfume; Georgetown professor and social policy commentator Michael Eric Dyson; and David Johns, executive director of the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans.

http://www.bet.com/news/politics/2013/07/22/b...

It's also being reported Trayvon's father is schudeled to be speaking today. If anything comes of this, perhaps Canada will follow in the footsteps to finally addressing similar issues regarding our aboriginal community, rather than ignoring it. The problem here is obviously criminal organizations preying on impressionable young people through tactics involving a fast-and-exciting lifestyle, addictive drugs and money.

There is no use picking the weed if you don't also pull out the root!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31759 Jul 24, 2013
concerned dingbat wrote:
<quoted text>
Go get a life, damn you are pathetic.
Blame Hal the conspirator for what he wrote, not me.

I enjoy reading his reports, even if I don't always agree at least he rationalizes his thoughts in what he writes, for that I have great respect......as opposed to a great number of dingbat writers pushing only an agenda who's "pen licence" should be revoked imo, or at least until they can pass a logic test.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#31760 Jul 24, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
You should post this every day.
I'm white and attacked daily for thinking this same thing.
Some of the posts have been eye opening. I had no idea racism was so rampant until I read people rejoicing about a dead boy, celebrating his death because he was black.
One poster, Tired and Silly called my children bastards, said the most vile sexual things you can imagine.
You should repeat your post daily.
You and Chris Mathews should hook up You can apologize for the entire with race You should be ashamed to admit that you are a white person Your heart is black as the ace of spades
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31761 Jul 24, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
We watched OJ get away with almost lopping the heads off of 2 innocent victims in fear of blacks rioting if he were found guilty.
The MSM,black activists and this administration set the mood for this trial in the same manner.
We watch the SCOTUS overturn the will of the people every day by legislating a narrative from the bench.
Is it any surprise people weren't confident the jury would rule in favor of the evidence as opposed to political pressure of the nth degree?
The legal system,like our governing bodies,has become a sad joke in this country.
If OJ was acquitted for murder of "whites" because of fear of blacks rioting, all things unchanged, then GZ's acquittal for murder if a "black" would have led to blacks rioting.

It didn't happen.

Therefore your theory proves times have changed from 20 years ago.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#31762 Jul 24, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
If OJ was acquitted for murder of "whites" because of fear of blacks rioting, all things unchanged, then GZ's acquittal for murder if a "black" would have led to blacks rioting.
It didn't happen.
Therefore your theory proves times have changed from 20 years ago.
Yep.
Its a sad day for the MSM,black activists and this divisive administration.
Widespread rioting by blacks is the only missing part of the equation they so badly desired.
The response may have changed,but,the intent of the same list of racists hasn't.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31763 Jul 24, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
Widespread rioting by blacks is the only missing part of the equation they so badly desired.
The response may have changed,but,the intent of the same list of racists hasn't.
One thing that has changed in technology.

I don't imagine the sender of these types of instuctional messages realized at the time that he was under a watchful eye of authorities:

"Los Angles Police Department officials said the crime outbreak was organized on social media; authorities said they saw several messages on Twitter and Facebook urging people to gather.

"Take the riot to Hollywood," one expletive-laden message on Twitter said. "Hollywood. 7:30."
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-m...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31764 Jul 24, 2013
The brown makeup is beginning to roll off this woman. Look at her left arm. LOL

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1... !/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/ derivatives/landscape_635/neig hborhood-watch.jpg
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31765 Jul 24, 2013
* Here, the one wearing the duct-taped piece of paper.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/tension...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#31766 Jul 24, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
Lucky the Royal Baby came along, quieting down some of the racist pro-Trayvon agenda of much of MSM......And, another black serial killer in Cleveland.....time marches on....
1 post removed

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#31768 Jul 24, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
The Royal Baby's name is George..........
..Too Cool.....Heard the Queen almost hurled at the suggestion of, Trayvon....lol....

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#31769 Jul 24, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have visited gated communities that have security. I have visited gated communities that do not have security,
There is one gated community in our town that has a wooden arm that goes up when you enter the password allowing people to drive in. I don't know the password so I drive to the back entrance where there is no gate and go where I want to go.
You are getting stupider and stupider.
Gated communities are one of those feel good things that give a false sense of security, but in reality dont really provide anything.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#31770 Jul 24, 2013
Somebody asked earliar how are race relation really in the USA.
I can say this, my family has Whites, Hispanic and Asians and we all get along fine. Im married to an Asian woman and nobody seems to care that we are a mixed race couple or our children are mixed race.
My best friend at work is an Afro American woman and although we disagree on some thing, we are not going to let politics get in the way of our friendship
But there are people who get power and make up their living stirring up racial hatred like the New black panther and the Democratic party.. its best to ignore such.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Bongo 16,008
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Aquarius-WY 1,564,445
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Dr Guru 242,251
News Connecticut governor visits woman taking sanctu... 50 min Old Timer 1
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Well 279,542
News Democrats Announce Bipartisan Agreement on Sanc... 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 2
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr John-K 315,223
News Democrats, civil rights group aim to block Trum... 2 hr Quirky 110
More from around the web