Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29778 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

NSBResident

Edgewater, FL

#30918 Jul 18, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it was known that her husband was an attorney "in the space industry" (whatever that means).
I think pillow talk was in play here and I also think, based upon her interview with Anderson Cooper, she was just a bit too chummy referring repeatedly to the defendant as "George".
I hope Taffe finally shot his big mouth off once too often and as a result, the DOJ will launch a side investigation into possible jury tampering.
Everything related to/connected to this case stinks to high heaven......including what the Judge left out of the jury instructions.
Which, btw, brings us full circle to that jury question on manslaughter that was never answered. How is it they could come up with a verdict that "followed the law" if they didn't know what the law meant?
And I truly hope that someone tells B37 that 7:00PM is NOT considered "late night".
I seriously doubt Omara would risk authorizing a juror that he knew. He is smarter than that.

Why is it that when something happens people don't like they can think up a million conspiracies theories.

Question for you. Why did both Tracy Martin and Brandi Green both say that Trayvon was "just on the porch" the day after Trayvon was shot in a news story by a reporter that went to the scene and talked to John Good. It was not a planned interview, Tracy and Brandi were at the scene and the reporter ask them if they knew Trayvon. The reporter didn't even know who they were. Both of them said "he was just on the porch" Excited utterance?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#30919 Jul 18, 2013
To Captain Alexis Carter, a special guest joining us tonight. This is Zimmerman`s former college professor at Seminole State. He testified at the trial. He was a military JAG prosecutor.

Captain, thank you for being with us.

CAPT. ALEXIS CARTER, PROFESSOR, SEMINOLE STATE: Hi. Hi, good evening. How are you doing?

GRACE: I`m good, Captain. What do you recall of the time you spent with Zimmerman?

CARTER: Like I testified earlier he was one of my better students in the class. He responded to a lot of questions. You can tell from the onset that most of the questions that he asked, when responding to hypotheticals came from a law enforcement perspective or state of mind. And you can tell that that was something that he had -- he had aspirations to accomplish.

GRACE: When you asked, what is your career goal, what did he say he wanted to be?

CARTER: You know what, I`m going to quote exactly from the e-mail that he sent me. I have it in front of me right now. And it says, "My career goal is to become U.S.-- United States marshal. I`d like to be a marshal so that I can (INAUDIBLE)fugitives and make sure that convicts serve their sentences. My expectations of this class is to understand what (INAUDIBLE) process is in order to carry out a lawful arrest and make certain that a criminal will not go free due to any lack of due process on my behalf.

"I am also attending the class because I always had a genuine interest in litigation and I believe one day I may want to make a transition from law enforcement to litigation. This is my first class in the realm of litigation. However, I am hoping that I will gain a clear understanding of the law but most importantly the procedures going through the litigation as I know that one day I will be applying them to my career on a daily basis. George M. Zimmerman."

GRACE: Captain Alexis Carter, a witness at trial, joining me tonight captain.

Captain, again, thank you. In your class, did you teach self-defense, Captain?

CARTER: Yes, we did.

GRACE: You taught the legal theories behind self-defense.

Captain Alexis Carter, did you also teach in your class that George Zimmerman took, the legal or practical theories behind Stand Your Ground law in Florida?

CARTER: We did. You know, because the glass obviously was given in the state of Florida, I thought it would be pertinent and practical for the students to gain perspective on how the law is applied in Florida with respect to self-defense.

GRACE: Right.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1307/1...

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#30920 Jul 18, 2013
cindLee wrote:
How many threads does this make that Rambler has totally taken over with her posting 24/7
If you're bed ridden Rambler, then I apologizes - and happy for you + glad you have found something you enjoy doing to help fill your long days.
She hasn't taken over this thread. Se is a lot more sane than the haters who post here non stop, especially the one on welfare who claims she's posting from work.

When Rambler isn't fantasizing, she makes a lot of sense.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#30921 Jul 18, 2013
NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt Omara would risk authorizing a juror that he knew. He is smarter than that.
Why is it that when something happens people don't like they can think up a million conspiracies theories.
Question for you. Why did both Tracy Martin and Brandi Green both say that Trayvon was "just on the porch" the day after Trayvon was shot in a news story by a reporter that went to the scene and talked to John Good. It was not a planned interview, Tracy and Brandi were at the scene and the reporter ask them if they knew Trayvon. The reporter didn't even know who they were. Both of them said "he was just on the porch" Excited utterance?
I don't agree that this is about any conspiracy theories because of the verdict. But I do agree that millions of people are questioning the verdict and in so doing, numerous issues are popping up that need to be addressed. And I hope that they are, if for no other reason than to put these questions to rest.

I have never heard the interview you're talking about. Can you link it?

Location hidden

#30922 Jul 18, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it was known that her husband was an attorney "in the space industry" (whatever that means).
I think pillow talk was in play here and I also think, based upon her interview with Anderson Cooper, she was just a bit too chummy referring repeatedly to the defendant as "George".
I hope Taffe finally shot his big mouth off once too often and as a result, the DOJ will launch a side investigation into possible jury tampering.
Everything related to/connected to this case stinks to high heaven......including what the Judge left out of the jury instructions.
Which, btw, brings us full circle to that jury question on manslaughter that was never answered. How is it they could come up with a verdict that "followed the law" if they didn't know what the law meant?
And I truly hope that someone tells B37 that 7:00PM is NOT considered "late night".
Very good points and questions.

Wish some of the racist haters on here had the ability to be as analytical as you are. But, alas they ignore everything that doesn't lead to the conclusion they like. In fact, they make it up when they "think" it's necessary to further their hate agenda.
NSBResident

Edgewater, FL

#30923 Jul 18, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree that this is about any conspiracy theories because of the verdict. But I do agree that millions of people are questioning the verdict and in so doing, numerous issues are popping up that need to be addressed. And I hope that they are, if for no other reason than to put these questions to rest.
Fox interview begins at 1:24

And a month later
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
1 post removed

Location hidden

#30925 Jul 18, 2013
ngrace wrote:
To Captain Alexis Carter, a special guest joining us tonight. This is Zimmerman`s former college professor at Seminole State. He testified at the trial. He was a military JAG prosecutor.
Captain, thank you for being with us.
CAPT. ALEXIS CARTER, PROFESSOR, SEMINOLE STATE: Hi. Hi, good evening. How are you doing?
GRACE: I`m good, Captain. What do you recall of the time you spent with Zimmerman?
CARTER: Like I testified earlier he was one of my better students in the class. He responded to a lot of questions. You can tell from the onset that most of the questions that he asked, when responding to hypotheticals came from a law enforcement perspective or state of mind. And you can tell that that was something that he had -- he had aspirations to accomplish.
GRACE: When you asked, what is your career goal, what did he say he wanted to be?
CARTER: You know what, I`m going to quote exactly from the e-mail that he sent me. I have it in front of me right now. And it says, "My career goal is to become U.S.-- United States marshal. I`d like to be a marshal so that I can (INAUDIBLE)fugitives and make sure that convicts serve their sentences. My expectations of this class is to understand what (INAUDIBLE) process is in order to carry out a lawful arrest and make certain that a criminal will not go free due to any lack of due process on my behalf.
"I am also attending the class because I always had a genuine interest in litigation and I believe one day I may want to make a transition from law enforcement to litigation. This is my first class in the realm of litigation. However, I am hoping that I will gain a clear understanding of the law but most importantly the procedures going through the litigation as I know that one day I will be applying them to my career on a daily basis. George M. Zimmerman."
GRACE: Captain Alexis Carter, a witness at trial, joining me tonight captain.
Captain, again, thank you. In your class, did you teach self-defense, Captain?
CARTER: Yes, we did.
GRACE: You taught the legal theories behind self-defense.
Captain Alexis Carter, did you also teach in your class that George Zimmerman took, the legal or practical theories behind Stand Your Ground law in Florida?
CARTER: We did. You know, because the glass obviously was given in the state of Florida, I thought it would be pertinent and practical for the students to gain perspective on how the law is applied in Florida with respect to self-defense.
GRACE: Right.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1307/1...
I assume this is the same George Zimmerman who lied and said he was not familiar with the self defense and stand your ground laws.

Oh, I know it's perfectly OK when he lies, breaks laws, murders unarmed children so don't bother.

Location hidden

#30926 Jul 18, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Taffe is certainly enjoying his 15 minutes, reason enough for him to lie.

Something stinks to high heavens. Meanwhile an unarmed child, minding his own business, doing nothing illegal is dead.

That is such a sad commentary on our society.
2 posts removed

Location hidden

#30929 Jul 18, 2013
MOBY DICK wrote:
<quoted text>
She (Free Willy) is nothing but a garden variety troll with a poor command of proper English and total lack of debate skills. In the past people made fun of Rambler but then realized they would rather post to Rambler than TOS.
You have hit the nail on the head!!!!!

Location hidden

#30930 Jul 18, 2013
Oops, I thought you were talking about Tired and Silly.

Location hidden

#30931 Jul 18, 2013
Oh, you were. Guess it's past my bedtime. Rough day. Sorry Moby.
1 post removed

Tired of Silly

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#30933 Jul 19, 2013
Awwwww look. Crazy Rambler, Crazy NGrace, the loon Moby Dick (her name of the day!) and the "I can only post late at night when the bars are closing and I'm drunk on my skanky butt" Spazz are bondddddinggggggggggg. Isn't that CUTE?!?!?! Actually it's pretty appropriate. Four wack cases forming their li'l girl's club. Next thing we know they'll be having pretend drinks and clinkclinking like the wackos that they are. Topix wackos NEVER fail to be entertaining!!!

“Jess kidding!”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#30934 Jul 19, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
Awwwww look. Crazy Rambler, Crazy NGrace, the loon Moby Dick (her name of the day!) and the "I can only post late at night when the bars are closing and I'm drunk on my skanky butt" Spazz are bondddddinggggggggggg. Isn't that CUTE?!?!?! Actually it's pretty appropriate. Four wack cases forming their li'l girl's club. Next thing we know they'll be having pretend drinks and clinkclinking like the wackos that they are. Topix wackos NEVER fail to be entertaining!!!
You are definitely a topix wacko too, you are just too wacko to see it.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#30935 Jul 19, 2013
ngrace wrote:
Look who’s talking: Was there a mole on the Zimmerman jury?
July 17, 2013
By Steve Schneider
http://blogs.orlandoweekly.com/index.php/2013...
Between the book deal (later rescinded) by juror B37 and Frank Taffe's "prediction" about the jury being split, 5 to 1, I have been thinking the same things as outlined in the above linked story.
Was there juror misconduct?
Something clearly was going on and it needs to be investigated.
jmo
People that don't realize that the Trial and Verdict, were the Justice, and Racist Media should be investigated.....

Location hidden

#30936 Jul 19, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I think juror B37's husband knows O'Mara and the other defense lawyers. Was it known her husband was a local attorney when she was selected? Sanford is a small town.
It sure didn't take them long to decide they were working on a book. Even though they rescinded the announcement, my money says it is still being written and in a few months will hit the bookstores and she will make even more rounds of the morning TV shows.
I haven't read the referenced story yet but intend to do so.
..God.....Give it up, already.....

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#30937 Jul 19, 2013
NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox interview begins at 1:24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jIbHdS5OG6AXX
And a month later
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Pathetic slop, where did you find it? Let me guess, the conservative shthouse?

Obviously Martin and Greene had no clue as to what had happened or how yet and you already know that the two weren't even at home to know where Trayvon might have been sitting, or not. Recall that they were in the attractions area at a Mason's affair?

You lie even when the truth would work better.

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#30938 Jul 19, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I think juror B37's husband knows O'Mara and the other defense lawyers. Was it known her husband was a local attorney when she was selected? Sanford is a small town.
It sure didn't take them long to decide they were working on a book. Even though they rescinded the announcement, my money says it is still being written and in a few months will hit the bookstores and she will make even more rounds of the morning TV shows.
I haven't read the referenced story yet but intend to do so.
The jury was selected from Seminole County residents not just Sanford. There are hundreds of attorneys living in Seminole County, sounds like B-37's husband was a corporate type.

B-37 is either a flake or she's very forgetful. She made plenty of mistakes during her appearance and mentioned a couple of subjects that weren't discussed in front of the jury. With 3 dogs, 12 cats, a parrot and a partridge in a pear tree, I'm going with flake.
tired of silly

Tavares, FL

#30939 Jul 19, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>..God.....Give it up, already.....
It appears that SpazzyZazzy is jealous of women who have successful husbands.....or maybe just women who have husbands, period. Personally I think the jurors should hush and hope that the nutcases do not find out who they are, but if they choose to speak, they have the right to do so. Whatever they choose, they should sleep well at night knowing that they did what a jury is supposed to do-they followed the LAW. I give them all the credit in the world for their courage in bringing back the legally required verdict instead of caving to sentimentality and lies.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30940 Jul 19, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you also agree that millions of people are not questioning the verdict?

Location hidden

#30941 Jul 19, 2013
Yeah, as this incident presents real racial dangers, partially responsible by race-baiting media......if i were a juror i would just disappear.....I think CNN, HLN and MSNBC pay them bigtime.....truth be known....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton, in Columbus speech today, to slam Trum... 2 min serfs up 122
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 min lides 13,023
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RealDave 1,394,986
News Clinton campaign hits Trump for seeing Brexit a... 7 min SirPrize 21
News Supreme Court Immigration Ruling Leaves Million... 9 min Just Sayin 15
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 12 min Watchdog 1,051
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min IB DaMann 60,062
News Donald Trump: Brexit is sign of independence de... 16 min abc 193
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 43 min Nopal 258
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 53 min Nopal 3,337
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Coffee Party 387,998
More from around the web