Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29872 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#29504 Jul 11, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Do Mr. Martin's "wounds" count too??????????
He's dead, they don't seem to care about that.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29505 Jul 11, 2013
ninja 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We all thought she would be convicted, you think GZ won't be. You never know.
In the Hannity interview, Zimmerman explained what happened by saying, "I feel like it was all God's plan." He then apologized to Trayvon's parents and insisted he was no racist.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/clos...

I must say I'm disappointed God was not subpoenaed. I'd even broken my promise to myself not to watch this trial.
1 post removed

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#29507 Jul 11, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Hannity interview, Zimmerman explained what happened by saying, "I feel like it was all God's plan." He then apologized to Trayvon's parents and insisted he was no racist.
I must say I'm disappointed God was not subpoenaed. I'd even broken my promise to myself not to watch this trial.
Anyone that tries to make a joke about God is a joke unto them self.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#29508 Jul 11, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
You'll still be here, right?.....Names, really?....
Bigot is bigot does.

“Fred Scuttle 4 Prez.”

Since: Feb 08

Miami

#29509 Jul 11, 2013
ninja 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Yeah really d-bag. The state didn't prove that GZ beat himself up.
The state is so confident of conviction that they asked for lesser charges. This entire dog and pony show is to keep the brainless savages from rioting.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#29510 Jul 11, 2013
Vinnie Politan, former prosecutor and host of HLNís Now in America and HLN After Dark, argues the details of that night are important, because they reveal what led to the altercation between Zimmerman and Martin. Politan says the details are what make Zimmermanís story believable Ė or not. The problem in this case is that the jury may never know these details, making them irrelevant to the juryís decision.

Politan says that since police failed to ask Zimmerman several critical questions immediately after he shot an unarmed teenager, there are too many details about that night that we will most likely never know Ė details Zimmerman wonít be held accountable for.

He also says Sanford police should have demanded more details from Zimmerman regarding exactly what happened that night, because unfortunately, Zimmerman is the only living person who knows the whole story. Without having one clear and fully detailed explanation from Zimmerman immediately following the incident, Zimmerman may not be held accountable for any inconsistencies or gaps in his story.

Hereís what Politan thinks police should have asked Zimmerman immediately after Martinís death:

1. Where did you go for two minutes after hanging up with police?

2. Why did you need to get out of the car to find a street address?

3. Why did you say in court that you thought Trayvon Martin was your age, when you described him as a teenager and a "kid" in the call to police?

4. Why did you think Martin was breaking into neighbor Frank Taaffe's house when the person responsible for all of the burglaries in the community was arrested three weeks prior?

5. Which one of Martinís hands grabbed the gun? And how could he grab it if he was straddling you? And how could his hand slide across your chest to the gun if he was straddling you?

6. How was he smashing your head into the concrete? Did he grab your hair or your ears?

7. Where are the bushes Martin jumped out of?

8. Do you always forget you are carrying your gun?

9. Why were you carrying your gun to Target? Didnít you get it to protect yourself from the neighborhood stray dog?

10. How close to Martin were you when you were following him in your car?

Location hidden

#29511 Jul 11, 2013
taroB wrote:
<quoted text>
The state proved the pedophile provoked the confrontation.

Enough.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#29512 Jul 11, 2013
No commentary on the snarky, adolescent bratty tone of the prosecutor's closing argument today??? I sincerely hope the jurors had as much desire to smack his face and tell him to grow up as I did. That speech sounded like bareback or spazz wrote it, full of made-up stories and nonsense. I didn't hear nearly all of it, but the parts I heard were just annoying in their childish tone and silly fairy tales. Got the feeling that he was a little peeved that his ridiculous attempt to muddy the waters with "child abuse" failed. Oh, speaking of a "child", did anyone note that in the beginning of his comments today he referred repeatedly to the dead thug as a "young man" and several times simply as a "17 year old man". Seems that deep down, even he knows that ThugTray was no "child". He did catch himself and start calling the dead thug a "child", but that bell, like soooooooooooo many during the testimony, can't be unrung.

Location hidden

#29513 Jul 11, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not believe in God but you should show respect for those who do.

This isn't funny.

Location hidden

#29514 Jul 11, 2013
taroB wrote:
<quoted text>
The state is so confident of conviction that they asked for lesser charges. This entire dog and pony show is to keep the brainless savages from rioting.
So are you going to riot "brainless savage"?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#29515 Jul 11, 2013
Vinnie Politan ? What a discerning judge of journalistic integrity, you are......I think Honey Boo Boo follows him.....

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#29516 Jul 11, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't profile. If he'd told the dispatcher there is a suspicious looking black in my neighborhood, MAYBE...but he never even mentioned race until asked by the dispatcher. You have no proof he profiled ANYBODY.
BTW, do you know the facts in this case? Have you heard the tapes? If not, maybe that's why you seem so misinformed.
"it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck" but I never said it was a duck-yea sure..no I haven't heard anything-(duh) Im just bored..get a clue!

“Fred Scuttle 4 Prez.”

Since: Feb 08

Miami

#29517 Jul 11, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you going to riot "brainless savage"?
Nope, because I have a job and a life so that worthless leeches like "jizz" can collect gubmint checks and post 12,000 + times.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#29518 Jul 11, 2013
The lead investigator wanted a MANSLAUGHTER charge, Zimmerman was lieing from the start-his statement were full of crap-

"Manslaughter is defined as: the crime of killing a human being without malice aforethought, or otherwise in circumstances not amounting to murder."

get ready for civil court Zimmerman-you're as bad as OJ Simpson!
1 post removed

Location hidden

#29520 Jul 11, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree to a point, Zazz. It would have been better and more prudent for GZ to stay in his vehicle. I don't know for how long he did follow him. Again, he shouldn't have.
But that fatal gunshot did not happen until GZ was put in fear for his life by being punched in the nose and then having his head based into the concrete.
What do you actually see happening to get him to that point? Who threw the first punch? Why didn't Trayvon have any fight marks on him. Was the gun already drawn? Why would he scream for 40 seconds if he already had his gun out, having planned to shoot someone? Can you give me an alternative scenario from George being attacked first? Or is it that you think he confronted Trayvon and it was ok for Trayvon to overreact in the way the facts show he did? I'm trying to picture how it was not self defense.
I think Zimmerman searched for Trayvon and found him hiding, talking on the phone. He didn't identify himself and started hassling Trayvon. I think he pulled his gun and told Trayvon something like he was going to shoot him using more vulgar words. I think Trayvon was scared and jumped on Zimmerman while begging for help. Zimmerman, who already had his locked and loaded gun out, shot him point blank.

I don't believe Zimmerman's account. Not anything he said, not any of his variations.

An innocent kid who was minding his own business was shot and killed for no reason on that rainy night.

Initially I really didn't think the murder was racially motivated. However, I have changed my mind. I do firmly believe the reason Zimmerman shot and murdered Trayvon was because the unarmed teenager was black.
GLOOMY DAYS

Los Angeles, CA

#29521 Jul 11, 2013
swedenforever wrote:
The lead investigator wanted a MANSLAUGHTER charge, Zimmerman was lieing from the start-his statement were full of crap-
"Manslaughter is defined as: the crime of killing a human being without malice aforethought, or otherwise in circumstances not amounting to murder."
get ready for civil court Zimmerman-you're as bad as OJ Simpson!
'lieing'
Is lieing comparable to lying ??? LOL at your display of totasl ignorance.

Did you know that most decent Black people find you offensive for a COPULE OF REASONS..

(1) It seems that by constantly jumping to the defense of Black people you consider them to be second rate people who need defending.

(2) Most people who rush to judgement in defense of Black people are usually doing penance for past racial slurs.

(3) You may find this hard to believe but Black People are just like white people - some good some bad -Pretty much like those who live in Sweden.

Had GZ been Black and shot a white teenager would you still be gnashing your teeth - beating your breast and bemoaning the fact.

What's that you say ??? LOL thought not !
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29522 Jul 11, 2013
HANNITY: Is there anything you regret? Do you regret getting out of the car to follow Trayvon that night?

ZIMMERMAN: No, sir.

HANNITY: Do you regret that you -- you had a gun that night?

HANNITY: Do you feel you wouldn't be here for this interview if you didn't have that gun?

HANNITY: You feel you would not be here?

ZIMMERMAN: I feel that it was all God's plan and for me to second guess it or judge it --(shaking head, no)

HANNITY: Is there anything you might do differently in retrospect now that time has passed a little bit?

Instead of fundraising, the attorney sitting next to Zimmerman should have been plea bargaining for a manslaughter deal.

In Florida, can a defendant enter a late guilty to juror's instructions?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29523 Jul 11, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Zimmerman searched for Trayvon and found him hiding, talking on the phone. He didn't identify himself and started hassling Trayvon. I think he pulled his gun and told Trayvon something like he was going to shoot him using more vulgar words. I think Trayvon was scared and jumped on Zimmerman while begging for help. Zimmerman, who already had his locked and loaded gun out, shot him point blank.
I don't believe Zimmerman's account. Not anything he said, not any of his variations.
An innocent kid who was minding his own business was shot and killed for no reason on that rainy night.
Initially I really didn't think the murder was racially motivated. However, I have changed my mind. I do firmly believe the reason Zimmerman shot and murdered Trayvon was because the unarmed teenager was black.
At what point do you thing GZ dialled non-emergency 911 and why?
1 post removed

Location hidden

#29525 Jul 11, 2013
GLOOMY DAYS wrote:
Did you know that most decent Black people find you offensive for a COPULE OF REASONS..
If you want to play the spelling police, you have to make sure you can post without making them yourself in the same post you complain about someone else.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29526 Jul 11, 2013
World War Z wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone that tries to make a joke about God is a joke unto them self.
How can anyone who believes in God support both religion and George Zimmerman's total innocence because in his own words God was responsible for leading him to kill -- unless you're a white supremacy terrorist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 min Gary Coaldigger 12,477
News Hillary Clinton: Confederate Flag 'Shouldn't Fl... 6 min Joe Balls 266
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min Realtime 1,275,002
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min Joe Balls 196,934
How Should the US Government Respond to ISIS? (Sep '14) 59 min mjjcpa 4,146
News Fancypants Professor Introduces Black Lives Mat... 1 hr mjjcpa 61
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 1 hr -Stray Dog 47,768
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr taletha 340,740
News Donald Trump proves his hair is real 4 hr Michelle has a cock 53
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 hr red and right 193,540
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 5 hr Gosh 131
More from around the web