Obama trying to find role after Brown...

Obama trying to find role after Brown death

There are 47 comments on the Capitol Hill Blue story from Aug 19, 2014, titled Obama trying to find role after Brown death. In it, Capitol Hill Blue reports that:

When racial tensions erupted midway through his first presidential campaign, Barack Obama came to Philadelphia to decry the "racial stalemate we've been stuck in for years."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Capitol Hill Blue.

foster

Ashburn, VA

#24 Aug 19, 2014
Some of the logic used to construct these comments justify why America is in decline. It like the mass unveiling of nimcompoots.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#25 Aug 19, 2014
I think Obama's role should be to reserve judgement until all the facts are in. But he should speak out against the harm that is done to all of us when humans are divided into hostile groups. There are no winners in this tragedy.
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#26 Aug 19, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats not true, Bush was the host of the Sumits held in America. You cant get any more involved than being the host, can you?
And Bush pretty much IGNORED the riots outside and went on with business, yes?

Location hidden

#27 Aug 19, 2014
Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>
And Bush pretty much IGNORED the riots outside and went on with business, yes?
Remember the Kent State riots? It was Richard Nixon who caused them.
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#28 Aug 19, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Remember the Kent State riots? It was Richard Nixon who caused them.
It was marijuana and other illegal, harmful drugs that caused those riots. The burning of buildings and constant assaults by the so-called "demonstrators" were fueled by the same ridiculous Marxism driving the lunatics in Ferguson today. Insane angers. Each time those violent criminals are confronted with the actual truth of anything at all, they get more angry. They are actually angry at their own stupidity and project it onto others.

Location hidden

#29 Aug 19, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
It was marijuana and other illegal, harmful drugs that caused those riots. The burning of buildings and constant assaults by the so-called "demonstrators" were fueled by the same ridiculous Marxism driving the lunatics in Ferguson today. Insane angers. Each time those violent criminals are confronted with the actual truth of anything at all, they get more angry. They are actually angry at their own stupidity and project it onto others.
As usual you live in a topsy-turvy world. The "demonstrators" were part of a peaceful protest against our involvement in Vietnam. As far as I know, peaceful protest is still allowed in this country.
To you, anything to the left of Louis XIV is "Marxism".

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#30 Aug 19, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
I think Obama's role should be to reserve judgement until all the facts are in. But he should speak out against the harm that is done to all of us when humans are divided into hostile groups. There are no winners in this tragedy.
I agree. Obama should have waited until he had all the facts to comment. It's not like this is the first time for him. Perhaps division of groups is not a pertinent consideration. I wonder why these deaths, all in just the last 15 days, of young Black men, didn't warrant comments by the President Obama. Maybe the race of the shooter dictates the 'political worthiness' of the comment.

July 29 – Alvin Ivy, a 49 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
July 25 – Samuel Walker, a 13 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
July 24 – Anthony Edwards, a 39 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
July 23 – Darren Foggey, a 16 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
Aug. 6 – Jeremiah Shaw, a 18 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
Aug. 5 – Kashif Tillis, a 29 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
Aug. 4 – Gabe Stevens, a 39 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
Aug. 4 – Darryl Allison, a 26 year old black male, caused by a gunshot i
Aug. 4 – Vincente Obregon, a 21 year old white male, caused by a gunshot
Aug. 3 – Jerome Harris, a 17 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
Aug. 3 – Brian Davis, a 33 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
.Aug. 3 – Martrell Ross, a 32 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
Aug. 1 – Devin Pope, a 23 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
Aug. 1 – Orlando Lomax, a 28 year old black male, caused by a stabbing
Aug. 1 – Ramon Breceda, a 16 year old white male, caused by a gunshot
July 31 – Sam Walker, a 34 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
Aug. 12 – Julio Perkins, a 30 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
Aug. 12 – Devonte Carthan, a 17 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
Aug. 11 – Dearies Arnold, a 26 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
Aug. 10 – Jabari Scurlock, a 16 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#31 Aug 19, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>As usual you live in a topsy-turvy world. The "demonstrators" were part of a peaceful protest against our involvement in Vietnam. As far as I know, peaceful protest is still allowed in this country.
To you, anything to the left of Louis XIV is "Marxism".
You're a liar, or extremely ignorant of what happened at Kent State. There were "students" burning buildings to the ground. Why in hell do you think the National Guard had to be called? You are ridiculous and an example of Marxist brainwashing and misinformation.

Location hidden

#32 Aug 19, 2014
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Obama should have waited until he had all the facts to comment. It's not like this is the first time for him. Perhaps division of groups is not a pertinent consideration. I wonder why these deaths, all in just the last 15 days, of young Black men, didn't warrant comments by the President Obama. Maybe the race of the shooter dictates the 'political worthiness' of the comment.
July 29 – Alvin Ivy, a 49 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
July 25 – Samuel Walker, a 13 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
July 24 – Anthony Edwards, a 39 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
July 23 – Darren Foggey, a 16 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
Aug. 5 – Kashif Tillis, a 29 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
Aug. 4 – Gabe Stevens, a 39 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
Aug. 4 – Darryl Allison, a 26 year old black male, caused by a gunshot i
Aug. 4 – Vincente Obregon, a 21 year old white male, caused by a gunshot
Aug. 3 – Jerome Harris, a 17 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
Aug. 3 – Brian Davis, a 33 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
.Aug. 3 – Martrell Ross, a 32 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
Aug. 1 – Devin Pope, a 23 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
Aug. 1 – Orlando Lomax, a 28 year old black male, caused by a stabbing
Aug. 1 – Ramon Breceda, a 16 year old white male, caused by a gunshot
July 31 – Sam Walker, a 34 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
Aug. 12 – Julio Perkins, a 30 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
Aug. 12 – Devonte Carthan, a 17 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
Aug. 11 – Dearies Arnold, a 26 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
Aug. 10 – Jabari Scurlock, a 16 year old black male, caused by a gunshot
And the possibility that this particular death, with six gunshots, of an unarmed black kid was committed by a police officer.

Location hidden

#33 Aug 19, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a liar, or extremely ignorant of what happened at Kent State. There were "students" burning buildings to the ground. Why in hell do you think the National Guard had to be called? You are ridiculous and an example of Marxist brainwashing and misinformation.
I'll tell you what happened at Kent State. Nixon had just announced his Cambodian campaign. This provoked a student protest at Kent State. The National Guard was summoned to keep order. They responded with 67 rounds of bullets, killing four unarmed students, and wounding nine others. And you blame the students? You are full of ordure.
And you can take your marxist spores to the nearest funny farm. You are an unadulterated loon.
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#34 Aug 19, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I'll tell you what happened at Kent State. Nixon had just announced his Cambodian campaign. This provoked a student protest at Kent State. The National Guard was summoned to keep order. They responded with 67 rounds of bullets, killing four unarmed students, and wounding nine others. And you blame the students? You are full of ordure.
And you can take your marxist spores to the nearest funny farm. You are an unadulterated loon.
Building were burnt to the ground. The outrageous violence was why the National Guard was called out. Violent protests with arson and pelting even the National Guard continued. The Communists in America focused on doping and misleading students and others about our activities in SE Asia. The only way the Communist were able to complete their imposition of tyranny in SE Asia was by fomenting irrationality and cowardice amongst the domestic Americans, especially by introducing dope to students. The National Guard was provoked into firing on students by the extreme violence and intimidation of the students. Communists and their terrorist allies like the radical Muslims commonly use innocents as human shields and put them in harms way. The Communist perfidy undermining the American commitment to freedom loving people worked then and worked when you were fooled into believing nonsense. The National Guard doesn't get called unless there is an extreme breakdown of order and civil process. What a pathetic puss you are.
edward kenway

United States

#35 Aug 19, 2014
Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to ask Foster who stated: "Well who took the fall for the same riots and looting in Seattle and other communities hosting the G8 Sumits, or any one of those Sports Championship celebrations?"
No President felt a need to 'find a role' in any of those riots.
Why should Obama need to 'find a role' in this one?
Find a role means find an opportunity
Exclusive

Johnson City, TN

#36 Aug 20, 2014
Eleanor wrote:
It's already been over a week since the shooting.
Perhaps Obama is waiting for things to calm down, so he can step in and take credit for saving the city, AFTER it is calm.
<LOL>
Obama doesn't dirty his hands after he has opened his big mouth and made a rush to judgment of a situation like he did here.

The only "justice" these rioters in Ferguson will accept is the conviction WITHOUT trial of this innocent policeman. Get all black policemen in Ferguson and leave them to shoot each other I say. Thug mentality apparently in Ferguson from what I can see on the news...let them shoot each other and carry their signs til the cows come home.

This has gone on too long. We outsiders are sick of seeing it. Tired of hearing about it. Time for the police to shoot on site. Time for the thugs to go back to work...oh, that's right, they have no jobs but make a living by stealing.
shaveandahaircut 2cents

Bedford, OH

#37 Aug 20, 2014
O'Bummer could always join up with his fellow racist, Jessie Jackson and join the riots over there in Ferguson. Perhaps brother Al will show up too! And where's Louie Faricon been? Has he retired from his job as a racist?
1 post removed
Shinichiro Takizawa

Koganei, Japan

#39 Aug 20, 2014
American-Military-Industry is the cause of this tragedy!!!
And, of course, Wall-Street is behind this!!!
(Wall-Treet loves Military-Industry in order to raise American-stock-prices!!!)

American-99% must rise now!
American-99% must anger now!

We are American-99%!
Now is the time for change!

This is Democracy!
We American-99% will protect our America and Democracy!

American-Military-Industry, American-Generals, Wall-Street, politicians and American-top1% are the cause of this tragedy!

American-99% must rise now!
American-99% must anger now!

We are American-99%!
I love the U.S.!
I love American-99%!
I am one of American-99%!

[Wikipedia]
Shooting of Michael Brown
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Mich...
Widespread media coverage explored the validity of local police departments arming themselves with "military-grade weapons" and responding in a military fashion when dealing with protesting civilians and journalists covering volatile current events.[11]

[Boingboing]
Ferguson: Militarized police use force against protesters, arrest journalists
http://boingboing.net/2014/08/13/ferguson-pro...

[VOX]August 14, 2014
'They look like guys playing army': an expert on policing in conflict zones talks Ferguson
http://www.vox.com/2014/8/14/6002917/ferguson...
1 post removed
the Light

El Paso, TX

#41 Aug 20, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>And the possibility that this particular death, with six gunshots, of an unarmed black kid was committed by a police officer.
A kid who was 6'4" and 300 lbs-who destroyed the officers eye from the beating.
1 post removed
Shinichiro Takizawa

Koganei, Japan

#43 Aug 20, 2014
I am deeply sorry that I must have said more precisely.
Shinichiro Takizawa wrote:
<quoted text>
And, of course, this is NEVER Democracy.
----->>>>>

And, of course,
[1-2],[2-1],[2-2] and [2-3]
are NEVER Democracy.
1 post removed
Dummies

Las Vegas, NV

#45 Aug 20, 2014
ohbama and holder are at fault for the extended protesting and rioting. They initiated a heavy black presence wanting to show America and the World that blacks have rights and that White people are the cause of anything that goes wrong for blacks.
That has backfired. blacks are the cause of their fate. blacks will never change as the World can see. blacks want to be recognized as good but have failed over and over.
ohbama and holder had a chance to prove everyone wrong. These two clowns have over stepped their authority and are the cause of more havoc in America today. And should be impeached. Their black ideology of Whitey being the suppressor got proven wrong.
blacks are the problem and have proven to be the animals they are on the World stage. They don't know how to act and have no morals or decency. Any reason to point the finger at Whites then turn around rioting and looting just like the criminals everyone knew they would be.
So the part of Whitey did this to us doesn't have a leg to stand on.
lightweight

San Dimas, CA

#46 Aug 20, 2014
Obama should speak out with vigor and demand that the rioters stop and go home he should impose marshal law on the downtown area, why doesn’t he act like the president? Eisenhower forced school integration on the south why can’t Obama put down a bunch of thugs?

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#47 Aug 20, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>And the possibility that this particular death, with six gunshots, of an unarmed black kid was committed by a police officer.
That, or it's just damn good progressive politics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News White House will override Obama's climate plan (Oct '17) 2 min hojo 4,697
News Trump blasts 'ruthless' MS-13 in Long Island vi... 3 min Tie Your Mother Down 13
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Julia 80,526
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min BlueFlag 1,761,762
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min URineIdiot 340,995
News Barack and Michelle Obama sign Netflix deal to ... 7 min Cujo 172
News Trump's lack of moral compass leaves America on... (Aug '17) 9 min Lawrence Wolf 1,308
News Supreme Court delivers blow to workers' rights 30 min James 127
News Donald Trump calls unauthorized immigrants 'ani... 41 min INFIDEL 354
News Liberals say immigration enforcement is racist,... 1 hr INFIDEL 1,125