Virginia and other states wrestle with whether to expand Medicaid under Affordable Care Act

Feb 23, 2014 Full story: The Washington Post 41

Va. Gov. Terry McAuliffe listens to U.S. President Barack Obama as he hosts a meeting with the Democratic Governors Association in the State Dining Room at the White House on Friday.

Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

#1 Feb 23, 2014
They have no choice, it's the law. Either do it yourself, or the feds will step in and do it for you. Your choice.

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#2 Feb 23, 2014
Caribou Barbie wrote:
They have no choice, it's the law. Either do it yourself, or the feds will step in and do it for you. Your choice.
100% right there with you... the right is besides themselves with anger as they had no chioce but to watch OBAMACARE take off.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#3 Feb 23, 2014
Expand or watch health care facilities in those state crumble from treating the uninsured.

A smart option was a public option charging every one using medicaid a modest sliding scale premium
4 posts removed

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#8 Feb 24, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
100% right there with you... the right is besides themselves with anger as they had no chioce but to watch OBAMACARE take off.
It's not the law, What SCOUTUS approved Obama has changed 24 times. The law is no longer legal nor is the President.

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#9 Feb 24, 2014
Still waiting for the teahadist alternative and their website.

bwahahahahahahahahaha
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#10 Feb 24, 2014
What part of the ACA is still the law? President "I can do it myself" Obama has taken a hatchet to it several times without virtue of Congress. It was a total disaster from the start, and now it isn't the same at all, only worse. Thank God for the passage of time. We have 1,060 days left of this political debacle.
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#11 Feb 24, 2014
Come 2016 election time remember, no more "first's." No more on the job training trainees. No Impeached President's in the W H.

“I'd rather be snowmobiling”

Since: Oct 07

8120'

#12 Feb 24, 2014
It'll be several years yet before the GOP claims the ACA was all their idea, from the Heritage Foundation outline to Romneycare.
Just like they claim the Civil Rights Act now.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#13 Feb 24, 2014
twostroketerror wrote:
It'll be several years yet before the GOP claims the ACA was all their idea, from the Heritage Foundation outline to Romneycare.
Just like they claim the Civil Rights Act now.
Lies of bot babble are comical.
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#14 Feb 24, 2014
Huh uh, Obamascam is all Democrat. Not one Republican voted for it, and not one Republican wants any part of it. It is Obama's personal legacy. It might not be the worst piece of legislation ever written, but it is right up there!!!
Thinking man

Auburn, MA

#15 Feb 24, 2014
conservative crapola wrote:
Still waiting for the teahadist alternative and their website.
bwahahahahahahahahaha
Ahh yes, those who lack logic always bring up this "argument". If a car doesn't have brakes, do you continue to drive directly at the tree or do you try and steer around it?
-
Doing something for the sake of doing something isnt a good idea. Look at the Iraq war.
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#16 Feb 24, 2014
I don't know what the Republican alternative will be, but what happened to people buying their own Insurance? It most cases it was cheaper then what Obamanation is providing. Plus, Obama has waived Government coverage for half of America. We don't have to get it, the Union members don't have to get it. Under 26 year old's on their parents policies don't have to get it.
El oh El

Auburn, MA

#17 Feb 24, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
I don't know what the Republican alternative will be, but what happened to people buying their own Insurance? It most cases it was cheaper then what Obamanation is providing. Plus, Obama has waived Government coverage for half of America. We don't have to get it, the Union members don't have to get it. Under 26 year old's on their parents policies don't have to get it.
TORT reform? Shoulda gave it a shot. Medical device taxes? Who thought that was a great idea? Throwing crap on the wall to see if it sticks regardless of the consequences is irresponsible at best. This isnt 8th grade civics. Actions have consequences. This was rushed and hurried so that Scott brown wouldnt be able to vote it down. We see what its brought us. Lies and higher prices.

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

#18 Feb 24, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
<quoted text>Commie strong-arming at best.
.
The knock out game is more like it.
.
Democrats have turned us into a nation of pitiful fools and liars.
Rethuglicans have purchased our politics and our once representative form of government, and must be removed from our body politic like the cancer it is.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#19 Feb 24, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>It's not the law, What SCOUTUS approved Obama has changed 24 times. The law is no longer legal nor is the President.
with you as legal council Republicans have seen their demise
foster

Ashburn, VA

#20 Feb 24, 2014
El oh El wrote:
<quoted text>TORT reform? Shoulda gave it a shot. Medical device taxes? Who thought that was a great idea? Throwing crap on the wall to see if it sticks regardless of the consequences is irresponsible at best. This isnt 8th grade civics. Actions have consequences. This was rushed and hurried so that Scott brown wouldnt be able to vote it down. We see what its brought us. Lies and higher prices.
Tort Reform
what is limiting my civil award doing for your ins premium?
foster

Ashburn, VA

#21 Feb 24, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
Huh uh, Obamascam is all Democrat. Not one Republican voted for it, and not one Republican wants any part of it. It is Obama's personal legacy. It might not be the worst piece of legislation ever written, but it is right up there!!!
Not true. Fla & Ohio Governors want to now participate in ACA
foster

Ashburn, VA

#22 Feb 24, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
I don't know what the Republican alternative will be, but what happened to people buying their own Insurance? It most cases it was cheaper then what Obamanation is providing. Plus, Obama has waived Government coverage for half of America. We don't have to get it, the Union members don't have to get it. Under 26 year old's on their parents policies don't have to get it.
Obamacare is Romneycare, the only republican alternative the last 40 years

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#23 Feb 24, 2014
0failurecare is the largest job-killing middle-class tax increase in history.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#24 Feb 24, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
Come 2016 election time remember, no more "first's." No more on the job training trainees. No Impeached President's in the W H.
In 2016 the Republicans will be a memory of what used to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 min Just Think 58,719
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,206,012
News Russia providing arms to Ukrainian separatists:... 4 min Pro Ukraine 406
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Earthling-1 52,253
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 33 min Igor Trip 154,610
News Does Obama need a new strategy to fight ISIS? 43 min Silent Echo 124
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Big D 201,792
News Official resigns after insulting Obama, Holder,... 1 hr ACTUALLY 118
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Limbertwig 175,646
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 hr Quirky 320,095
News Ted Cruz Announces White House Bid 7 hr bend 239
More from around the web