At Testy Libya Hearings, Clinton Urge...

At Testy Libya Hearings, Clinton Urges Lawmakers to 'Look Forward'

There are 153 comments on the Roll Call story from Jan 23, 2013, titled At Testy Libya Hearings, Clinton Urges Lawmakers to 'Look Forward'. In it, Roll Call reports that:

Clinton addressed both the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and the House Foreign Affairs Committee on Wednesday, answering questions about the 2012 attack on an American compound in Benghazi, Libya.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Roll Call.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#162 Feb 4, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
No surprise here.
Liberals are outraged over katrina,Newtown and Valerie Plame but you hear crickets at the mention of sandy,fast and furious and Benghazi.
Hear the crickets, when we review the election results?....
Agree

Little Valley, NY

#163 Feb 5, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text> If her child had gotten killed, it would have made the world of difference to know exactly what happened and why. "What difference does it make" is a big cop-out. We need a president who cares. Remember in 2016- vote for another candidate who understands and cares about the American people. Don't vote for Hillary
If my child or family member died overseas working for the government I would want a full account of what happened. Don't tell "What difference does it make". It's no wonder people dont trust the government. Clinton won't have my vote.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#164 Feb 5, 2013
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>If my child or family member died overseas working for the government I would want a full account of what happened. Don't tell "What difference does it make". It's no wonder people dont trust the government. Clinton won't have my vote.
Both of you missed the point completeley, of what she was saying.....and the worst part is, you likely did it on purpose.....
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#165 Feb 5, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Hear the crickets, when we review the election results?....
Here the sounds of spent shells hitting the ground?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#166 Feb 5, 2013
The only reason Sec'y Clinton said '..what difference does it make..' in her testimony was that Republicans have tried to drive a partisan wedge here, using the tragic deaths of Americans to do so. And that is shameful.

Her point obviously was that these folks were murdered and should not have been, an act for which she took responsibility, and that trying to make an issue of WHO killed them was dishonest and disingenuous.

Righties have only made that worse by taking her words out of context and trying to claim that she didn't care about the whole tragic mess. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#167 Feb 5, 2013
...Exactly correct, Sir..........

Since: Jul 07

Newport News, VA

#168 Feb 5, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
The only reason Sec'y Clinton said '..what difference does it make..' in her testimony was that Republicans have tried to drive a partisan wedge here, using the tragic deaths of Americans to do so. And that is shameful.
Her point obviously was that these folks were murdered and should not have been, an act for which she took responsibility, and that trying to make an issue of WHO killed them was dishonest and disingenuous.
Righties have only made that worse by taking her words out of context and trying to claim that she didn't care about the whole tragic mess. Nothing could be further from the truth.
taking "responsibility" for what happened in benghazi is meaningless claptrap. what were the consequences? nothing. three employees changed desks. BFD. very BFD. she is full of crap, and the lamestream media buys it hook, line and sinker.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#169 Feb 5, 2013
GoodNewz wrote:
<quoted text>
taking "responsibility" for what happened in benghazi is meaningless claptrap. what were the consequences? nothing. three employees changed desks. BFD. very BFD. she is full of crap, and the lamestream media buys it hook, line and sinker.
By all means keep blaming America and giving terrorists who killed our people a free pass, rightie. It shows you for what you are, and what you are isn't pretty.

Since: Jul 07

Newport News, VA

#170 Feb 5, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
By all means keep blaming America and giving terrorists who killed our people a free pass, rightie. It shows you for what you are, and what you are isn't pretty.
i believe it was "you people" who wanted to give the terrorists a pass. remember? it was that mean old film-maker who caused all of the resentment against us. and hillary was absolutely selling this idea. she even told the father of one of those killed, "we are going to get that guy!" i am blaming them for lying and for playing politics with the deaths of americans. the president continued to sell the bad movie idea three weeks afterwards at the UN and had the nerve to say in the debates that he called it terrorism the day after. a bald faced lie.... claiming "responsibility" for something means jack sh*t when there are no consequences.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#171 Feb 5, 2013
GoodNewz wrote:
<quoted text>
i believe it was "you people" who wanted to give the terrorists a pass. remember? it was that mean old film-maker who caused all of the resentment against us. and hillary was absolutely selling this idea. she even told the father of one of those killed, "we are going to get that guy!" i am blaming them for lying and for playing politics with the deaths of americans. the president continued to sell the bad movie idea three weeks afterwards at the UN and had the nerve to say in the debates that he called it terrorism the day after. a bald faced lie.... claiming "responsibility" for something means jack sh*t when there are no consequences.
What you believe means jack shit to me. The rest is mere rightie boilerplate.

Dismissed.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#172 Feb 5, 2013
GoodNewz wrote:
<quoted text>
taking "responsibility" for what happened in benghazi is meaningless claptrap. what were the consequences? nothing. three employees changed desks. BFD. very BFD. she is full of crap, and the lamestream media buys it hook, line and sinker.
The consequences were the reich and fox made the wrong play, and President Obama got his second term......they should chose their manufactured outrage moments better....at least they got John Kerry, instead of Susan Rice....further ingratiating themselves with blacks and women.....lol....
Agree

United States

#173 Feb 5, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
What you believe means jack shit to me. The rest is mere rightie boilerplate.
Dismissed.
You are dismissed

Since: Jul 07

Newport News, VA

#174 Feb 5, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
What you believe means jack shit to me. The rest is mere rightie boilerplate.
Dismissed.
your belief is shallow progressivism. that is a mode of doing things that makes you feel good about yourself, while at the same time doing no constructive good. you can call this "right wing boilerplate" all you want. however, is truth your "messiah" was caught with his pants down, and he hid behind the more "manly" hillary. how sad....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump returns to Arizona - and a chaotic politi... 1 min anonymous 6
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Doctor Trump 26,810
News Collins unsure if Trump will be 2020 GOP nominee 21 min anonymous 2
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 27 min Quirky 1,582,534
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 31 min ImPeach 1,498
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 36 min ImPeach 287,782
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 44 min John-K 316,355
More from around the web