McCain Presses for Immigration Overha...

McCain Presses for Immigration Overhaul This Year

There are 240 comments on the The Wall Street Journal story from Feb 17, 2014, titled McCain Presses for Immigration Overhaul This Year. In it, The Wall Street Journal reports that:

Sen. John McCain ) talks to reporters at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C., on Feb. 4, 2014.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Wall Street Journal.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#146 Feb 28, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
The U.S. Senate worked very hard on a bi-partisan Comprehensive Immigration Bill, that would stiffen our borders and help stimulate our economy.....Does anyone on here, REALLY KNOW....why the teaparty House republican's holding it up, without any vote at all?.....John McCain is absolutely right on the country's need for this bill......
Does anyone here, REALLY KNOW anything about the Senate's bi-partisan, Comprehensive Immigration Bill?????
Jose

San Francisco, CA

#147 Feb 28, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Does anyone here, REALLY KNOW anything about the Senate's bi-partisan, Comprehensive Immigration Bill?????
We Mexicans do!!

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#148 Feb 28, 2014
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> If it were up to all you azzzwipe "citizens", women would still be unable to vote, and there would still be segregation in American schools!!
LOL Your stupidity is showing...I AM a woman and I VOTE. Why would I not want legal citizen women to vote????? I have no problem with desegregation...after all, they ARE legal American citizens, and as such should be privy to the services of our edcuational system. We aren't talking about legal citizens though, are we??? Quit diverting from the subject at hand.
Jose

San Francisco, CA

#149 Feb 28, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>LOL Your stupidity is showing...I AM a woman and I VOTE. Why would I not want legal citizen women to vote????? I have no problem with desegregation...after all, they ARE legal American citizens, and as such should be privy to the services of our edcuational system. We aren't talking about legal citizens though, are we??? Quit diverting from the subject at hand.
You are a "woman"?? LOL!!! THAT explains it!!!
2 posts removed

Location hidden

#152 Mar 1, 2014
Storm Warning wrote:
i dont think jose is a real person
Oh, he's real alright, a genuine fraud. He's much like our friend from the past, juan.
sandy1

Southold, NY

#153 Mar 1, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, he's real alright, a genuine fraud. He's much like our friend from the past, juan.
The rumor going around is that he is a big fat irish guy from Brooklyn. I just call him shamus o'malley. Lol!

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#154 Mar 1, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Does anyone here, REALLY KNOW anything about the Senate's bi-partisan, Comprehensive Immigration Bill?????
it's an amnesty. no more. no less. an amnesty that has as it's main theme "OPEN BORDERS".

http://focusdailynews.com/us-senate-candidate...

we already have several laws voted into effect that mandate that the border be controlled. why do we need another?

what we need here is for the laws to simply be ENFORCED!

if they are foreigners who are in the usa ILLEGALLY, DEPORT them. there is absolutely no need for hearings or jail sentences. JUST DEPORT THEM. confiscate their assets and send them out of the country with just the clothes on their backs.
1 post removed
sandy1

Southold, NY

#156 Mar 1, 2014
Storm Warning wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe he is really Sarah Silver man off her meds
Storm Warning, I think you might be right.
Jose

San Francisco, CA

#157 Mar 1, 2014
spud wrote:
<quoted text>How does a warmonger like McCain fit in up in that artsy, hippie town of Sedona? When those people get mad the worst they do is say dang it and then throw their paint brush. Viva anyone but McCain.
McCain is a hero anglo!! He wants to send US forces into Syria and the Ukraine!!! ;)
1 post removed
spud

Weatherly, PA

#159 Mar 3, 2014
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> McCain is a hero anglo!! He wants to send US forces into Syria and the Ukraine!!! ;)
I'm thinking it might be time for McCain to retire and take up making pottery or birdhouses or whatever. He might be good at that. Viva retirement.
1 post removed

Location hidden

#161 Mar 3, 2014
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
it's an amnesty. no more. no less. an amnesty that has as it's main theme "OPEN BORDERS".
http://focusdailynews.com/us-senate-candidate...
we already have several laws voted into effect that mandate that the border be controlled. why do we need another?
what we need here is for the laws to simply be ENFORCED!
if they are foreigners who are in the usa ILLEGALLY, DEPORT them. there is absolutely no need for hearings or jail sentences. JUST DEPORT THEM. confiscate their assets and send them out of the country with just the clothes on their backs.
We need a comprehensive immigration approach, because it would tighten the borders.....regulate the flow of illegals with viable work here...and especially, we need it to deal with the millions that have been here,since infancy and older, and become a part of the community... they deserve a pathway to citizenship.....This is immigration reform, this country sorely needs.....Thanks for the input and the source, but the opinion of a possible Senate candidate, is kinda useless.....BTW, This administration has deported more illegals in it's first 3 years, than the previous administration, deported in 8 years....Deportation is just one facet of the problem....

Location hidden

#162 Mar 3, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> We need a comprehensive immigration approach, because it would tighten the borders.....regulate the flow of illegals with viable work here...and especially, we need it to deal with the millions that have been here,since infancy and older, and become a part of the community... they deserve a pathway to citizenship.....This is immigration reform, this country sorely needs.....Thanks for the input and the source, but the opinion of a possible Senate candidate, is kinda useless.....BTW, This administration has deported more illegals in it's first 3 years, than the previous administration, deported in 8 years....Deportation is just one facet of the problem....
The last big amnesty of '86 promised border security as well, but it was never funded. This administration will do the same thing...the border will remain porous, as more sneak in for their future amnesties. Until there IS a secure border, no other actions be taken.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#163 Mar 3, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> We need a comprehensive immigration approach, because it would tighten the borders.....regulate the flow of illegals with viable work here...and especially, we need it to deal with the millions that have been here,since infancy and older, and become a part of the community... they deserve a pathway to citizenship.....This is immigration reform, this country sorely needs.....Thanks for the input and the source, but the opinion of a possible Senate candidate, is kinda useless.....BTW, This administration has deported more illegals in it's first 3 years, than the previous administration, deported in 8 years....Deportation is just one facet of the problem....
it appears you didn't read my post #130. here it is again..
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...

we had at least 6 amnesties In the last 30 years. and with each of these amnesties, the statement that the border would be controlled afterwards was pointed out.

it's obvious that our government is not ENFORCING the very laws that it ratifies. unbelievable.

and now you want to ADD another amnesty that promises a tight border that we know won't be enforced????

no way.

what we need now is NOT another amnesty. we need strict law ENFORCEMENT. no more. no less.
Jose

San Francisco, CA

#164 Mar 3, 2014
spud wrote:
<quoted text>I'm thinking it might be time for McCain to retire and take up making pottery or birdhouses or whatever. He might be good at that. Viva retirement.
McCain now wants US troops to go fight in Syria and the Ukraine!! All the anglo fools should sign up!! LOL!!!

Location hidden

#165 Mar 3, 2014
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> McCain now wants US troops to go fight in Syria and the Ukraine!! All the anglo fools should sign up!! LOL!!!
Let's see how many illegals sign up if they could get citizenhip as their reward.
Jose

San Francisco, CA

#166 Mar 3, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Let's see how many illegals sign up if they could get citizenhip as their reward.
YOU sign up anglo! They need hos in the military!! LOL!!!
Guess Who

Sterling, CO

#167 Mar 3, 2014
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> YOU sign up anglo! They need hos in the military!! LOL!!!
STFU you steeeeenking Beaner Beotch!!! What a c--t. Hint rhymes with punt. Oh and you suk greazer!!! Or should I say RICOTE?

Location hidden

#168 Mar 3, 2014
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> YOU sign up anglo! They need hos in the military!! LOL!!!
Chicken $hits like you don't sign up for anything other than freebies.

Location hidden

#169 Mar 3, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>The last big amnesty of '86 promised border security as well, but it was never funded. This administration will do the same thing...the border will remain porous, as more sneak in for their future amnesties. Until there IS a secure border, no other actions be taken.
Geez...then let's save some money and disband Congress and close down Washington....let's not solve these problems....okay?
Guess Who

Sterling, CO

#170 Mar 3, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Geez...then let's save some money and disband Congress and close down Washington....let's not solve these problems....okay?
How about we just enforce E-Verify and our immigration laws when we have the opportunity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sessions' lies 6 min spud 10
News Under Trump, ICE arrests soar for migrants with... 7 min Chicagoan by Birth 202
News Attorney General doesn't realize Hawaii is a state 10 min spud 320
News Tax Day marches aim to pressure Trump to releas... 16 min District10 308
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min Chicagoan by Birth 240,357
News Obama meets with at-risk youth ahead of Chicago... 27 min spud 74
News White House refuses to hand over documents to F... 28 min CodeTalker 42
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 31 min Soetoro Sucked 1,521,967
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 33 min Limbertwig 265,214
News Americans have rendered their verdict on the fi... 41 min Retribution 97
News Will Islam Inherit the Earth? 1 hr Rabbeen Al Jihad 181
More from around the web