Illinois House votes to allow gay marriages

Nov 5, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WINK-TV Fort Myers

A historic vote Tuesday in the Illinois House positioned that state to become the largest in the heartland to legalize gay marriage, following months of arduous lobbying efforts by both sides in President Barack Obama's home state.

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Nov 6, 2013
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

How sweet it is!

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

We may get Hawaii tonight, as well!!!
david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Another brick sealing the bigots' tomb ..
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

We picked up some population gains with this, I wonder how long before more that 50% of the population of the United States will live with marriage equality.
1 post removed

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

fr Yep:

>Nothing worth repeating.<

Bite me.
2 posts removed

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Yep wrote:
I hope you filthy queers don't bring in a load of young little boys to celebrate. You sick freaks.
Oh, knock it the hell off.
You know that isn't true and won't happen.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Truth wrote:
We picked up some population gains with this, I wonder how long before more that 50% of the population of the United States will live with marriage equality.
I've lost track of the states coming on board lately. It's approaching about 20 however, and BIG states they are, with massive populations. I'll be willing to bet in under 3 years it will be national.
1 post removed

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
We are now over 37% of the population based on Census 2012 estimates.

The most likely path to 50% includes small contributions for HI and NM, but those appear to be imminent. We can also be fairly confident that Oregon will soon join the marriage equality states. A bit more iffy are Nevada, Colorado, and Michigan.

We still need a couple of big states to get us to 50%. That would most likely include Ohio and Pennsylvania, both of which have credible action moving through the courts at the moment. I don't foresee legislative victories in either state any time soon.

All of this should happen by 2016, if it's going to happen.

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

yesSA wrote:
And while the worried over a few, and very few peoples gay rights, they ignored thousands of peoples pensions proplems. Pathetic.
Yes, you brought that uninformed talking point up before.

Promising new ideas are on the table for pension reform, and the departments need time to score them and issue reports. It was known going into this session that could not be done so quickly.

But pension reform is moving forward. The reports will be issued, and the legislators will evaluate them. Governor Quinn will probably call for a special session when new bills have been finalized.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

yesSA wrote:
And while the worried over a few, and very few peoples gay rights, they ignored thousands of peoples pensions proplems. Pathetic.
We are millions of your fellow Citizens. This fight that we are in is for all of them. The battles are just State by State at this stage.

We certainly haven't forgotten the other issues. Wait til this fight is over. You will see a new acceleration in other areas that will make your eyes water.
1 post removed

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

As I said on the second thread on the same subject; What great news to come back to after having been off Topix for the past few months :D

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

So what's the status now on the marriage equality bills in Illinois and Hawaii ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••