Video: W.H. explains death benefits confusion

Oct 10, 2013 Full story: CBS News 115

Despite a report from the Congressional Research Service saying the payment of death benefits to fallen soldiers' families would have been legally permissible under the Pay Our Military Act, White House spokesman Jay Carney said that was "not the judgment at the time."

Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#108 Oct 16, 2013
It's not that complicated, it's just you aren't aware when the Federal Fiscal Year begins.

Left to you and those lacking any understanding of American Government you would credit George Bush after two terms as President with only 7 fiscal years.

Fact Check: Who was president the last time the budget was balanced?

– The U.S. government suffered budget deficits every year from 1970 through 1997.
– Democrat Bill Clinton was president in 1998, when the government finally recorded a surplus.
– There also were budget surpluses in 1999, 2000 and in 2001. 2001 was the last year the Clinton administration proposed the budget.
– Republican George W. Bush succeeded Clinton in 2001. The United States had a budget deficit in 2002, and it has recorded budget deficits every year since.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/02/...
RustyS wrote:
You know I never looked at it like a progressive liberal, but I see how it works. When Obama took office the economy had collapsed and the national debt was $12T. Obama knew he could fix it, but it would cost another $12T, raising the debt to $24T. Now after only 4 years, the economy is fixed and we are only $17T in debt. So Obama has not only fixed the economy, he actually CUT the national debt by $8T.
<quoted text>

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#109 Oct 16, 2013
Believe me, I understand the Federal Fiscal Year. You seem to lack any understanding that the Obama administration has increased the national debt at twice the rate Bush did. I understand that you, as a progressive liberal, don't like to, and won't, admit it, but yet it is indeed a fact.

Fact check: How many budgets passed by congress has Obama signed since he has been president?(0)

Fact check: How many more people are on welfare since Obama took office?(41% increase)
Eric Gustafson wrote:
It's not that complicated, it's just you aren't aware when the Federal Fiscal Year begins.
Left to you and those lacking any understanding of American Government you would credit George Bush after two terms as President with only 7 fiscal years.
Fact Check: Who was president the last time the budget was balanced?
– The U.S. government suffered budget deficits every year from 1970 through 1997.
– Democrat Bill Clinton was president in 1998, when the government finally recorded a surplus.
– There also were budget surpluses in 1999, 2000 and in 2001. 2001 was the last year the Clinton administration proposed the budget.
– Republican George W. Bush succeeded Clinton in 2001. The United States had a budget deficit in 2002, and it has recorded budget deficits every year since.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/02/...
<quoted text>

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#110 Oct 17, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>There must've been teahadists confusion over the ACA and the medical device tax.....the original shutdown gripe, which they've now dropped. Too bad, now you'll have to pay for your wenniepennie pump or share lafraud's.
hahahahahahahaha
What changed pookie Obama still has too play tyrant in December.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#111 Oct 17, 2013
If your gripe is the 4 million people, out of a population of 315 Million, receiving cash aid or welfare then it's likely you are not far removed from being a welfare recipient yourself.

Now, chances are those 4 million people receiving welfare are part of the 10 million people who lost jobs under the Bush policies that saw their jobs outsourced during the cabal regime from 2001 to 2008.

Another in a line of examples of the Republicans war on wage earners in America. Another example was their recent proposal to take away their congressional staffers Federal Health Care employees benefits.
RustyS wrote:
Believe me, I understand the Federal Fiscal Year. You seem to lack any understanding that the Obama administration has increased the national debt at twice the rate Bush did. I understand that you, as a progressive liberal, don't like to, and won't, admit it, but yet it is indeed a fact.
Fact check: How many budgets passed by congress has Obama signed since he has been president?(0)
Fact check: How many more people are on welfare since Obama took office?(41% increase)
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#112 Oct 18, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>Democrat Bill Clinton was president in 1998, when the government finally recorded a surplus.
Β– There also were budget surpluses in 1999, 2000 and in 2001. 2001 was the last year the Clinton administration proposed the budget.
Β– Republican George W. Bush succeeded Clinton in 2001. The United States had a budget deficit in 2002, and it has recorded budget deficits every year since.
According to who.

Location hidden

#113 Oct 18, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>If your gripe is the 4 million people, out of a population of 315 Million, receiving cash aid or welfare then it's likely you are not far removed from being a welfare recipient yourself.

Now, chances are those 4 million people receiving welfare are part of the 10 million people who lost jobs under the Bush policies that saw their jobs outsourced during the cabal regime from 2001 to 2008.

Another in a line of examples of the Republicans war on wage earners in America. Another example was their recent proposal to take away their congressional staffers Federal Health Care employees benefits.
Run along lil boy. Lies are not fact no matter how many times you repeat them.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#114 Oct 18, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
According to who.
The US Commerce Department Year End Fiscal Reports.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#115 Oct 18, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
According to who.
The US Treasury Dept also files year end reports on operations cost, savings and deficits.

Location hidden

#116 Oct 19, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>The US Treasury Dept also files year end reports on operations cost, savings and deficits.
Oh yes and Obama care is going to lower everyone's insurance. Hahahaha

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#117 Oct 19, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare caused such conservative-in-name-only division, it destroyed the teahadists.

hahahahahahaha
too much

Warren, MI

#118 Oct 19, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
I would support Obama paying for your English as a first language classes, too. You illiterate rubes need help.
Crapola

"Makes even weird people regular"

Crapola is cranberry apple granola, a ready-to-eat breakfast cereal. It’s a combination of five organic grains, nuts, and dried fruit, lightly sweetened with maple syrup and honey. Crapola is mixed by hand, oven roasted, and packaged fresh in zip-seal bags.

https://www.crapola.us/

You better watch it, he might take away your phone.
too much

Warren, MI

#119 Oct 19, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
No wonder the ghetto types on here are so defensive.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#120 Oct 19, 2013
You have to give Obamacare credit for eradicating and extingishing the infectious disease known as the Tea Party Republicans........ ROFLMAO

The rest of you low information Voters who latch on around the fringes can be eliminated with an ordinary can of Flea and Tick Spray......
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes and Obama care is going to lower everyone's insurance. Hahahaha
2 posts removed
too much

Warren, MI

#123 Oct 23, 2013
Not one word on here about how many of these ghettoists have signed up for their obummercare.

HAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Location hidden

#124 Oct 24, 2013
too much wrote:
Not one word on here about how many of these ghettoists have signed up for their obummercare.

HAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
The have to find one that can read first.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min red and right 313,670
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 3 min Righteous 2,541
Emails ruffle smooth Clinton campaign waters 4 min Le Duped 2
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min MikeF 149,971
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Le Duped 172,582
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Rogue Scholar 05 185,157
Obama: 'Now is the moment' for police to make c... 10 min Righteous 81
Scott Walker has no college degree. That's norm... 19 min Le Duped 1,968
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min sonicfilter 1,193,136
More from around the web