Kanye West visits White House, touchi...

Kanye West visits White House, touching on the bizarre, captivating bemused nation

There are 144 comments on the WDAM-TV Hattiesburg story from Oct 11, 2018, titled Kanye West visits White House, touching on the bizarre, captivating bemused nation. In it, WDAM-TV Hattiesburg reports that:

Kanye West's visit to President Trump in the Oval Office on Thursday was, if nothing else, a spectacle that was hard to avoid. "Kanye" trended on Twitter worldwide, with more than half a million tweets.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDAM-TV Hattiesburg.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Impeach the Creep

Sauk Centre, MN

#1 Oct 11, 2018
This was news where?

The children and their Twitter are adorable, lol

“Trump fixing Obama's mess”

Since: Mar 09

& Making America Great Again!

#2 Oct 11, 2018
Unlike the haters Snoop Dog and Colon Kaeperdick.....Kanye is a uniter, not a divider!
Impeach the Creep

Sauk Centre, MN

#3 Oct 12, 2018
American_Infidel wrote:
Unlike the haters Snoop Dog and Colon Kaeperdick.....Kanye is a uniter, not a divider!
The meeting did highlight how seriously Rump takes issues that his base doesn't really care about.

Rather than invite real policy experts, say on education or criminal justice, Rump brought before the cameras two famous black men who like him.

The result was about what one would expect, a hard-to-parse, bizarre Oval Office moment with very little substance fueled by West's desperate need for attention and Rump's need for open adoration by famous people.

maga.

“Watching The Snowflakes Rant”

Since: Feb 17

Location hidden

#4 Oct 12, 2018
Impeach the Creep wrote:
<quoted text>

The meeting did highlight how seriously Rump takes issues that his base doesn't really care about.

Rather than invite real policy experts, say on education or criminal justice, Rump brought before the cameras two famous black men who like him.

The result was about what one would expect, a hard-to-parse, bizarre Oval Office moment with very little substance fueled by West's desperate need for attention and Rump's need for open adoration by famous people.

maga.
CNN: Trump Exploited 'a Man Who's Clearly Not Okay'.........CNN trying to show a black man for Trump is mentally ill. More Blacks will move to the right...…...but they already are...…...more whining from the left to come from the violent mobs.
Impeach the Creep

Sauk Centre, MN

#5 Oct 12, 2018
CodeTalker wrote:
<quoted text>
CNN: Trump Exploited 'a Man Who's Clearly Not Okay'.........CNN trying to show a black man for Trump is mentally ill. More Blacks will move to the right...…...but they already are...…...more whining from the left to come from the violent mobs.
Never mind the hurricane, there’s celebrities fawning over the president!

I’d say it was Kanye preying on the mentallly ill on this one, Cupcake.
anonymous

New York, NY

#6 Oct 12, 2018
American_Infidel wrote:
He's taking valuable air time away from kittens.

“Watching The Snowflakes Rant”

Since: Feb 17

Location hidden

#7 Oct 12, 2018
Impeach the Creep wrote:
<quoted text>

Never mind the hurricane, there’s celebrities fawning over the president!

I’d say it was Kanye preying on the mentallly ill on this one, Cupcake.
President Obama slammed for not visiting Louisiana flood sites
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/presiden... ...

President Barack Obama is facing backlash for continuing his vacation in Martha's Vineyard while Louisiana is reeling from its worst natural disaster since Hurricane Katrina. So far, last week's ...
Where Was Obama During Hurricane Sandy? He Was ...- Romper
https://www.romper.com/p/where-was-obama-duri... ...

Hurricane Sandy made landfall on Oct. 29, 2012, just days before Obama was elected for his second term.
Cordwainer Trout

Richmond, KY

#8 Oct 12, 2018
Blacks need to be constantly reminded of CNN's referring to Kanye West as a "Token Negro" and other Democrats calling him a "House N-Word."
1 post removed

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#10 Oct 12, 2018
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
Blacks need to be constantly reminded of CNN's referring to Kanye West as a "Token Negro" and other Democrats calling him a "House N-Word."
How about Uncle Kanye?
Xqz

Richmond, Canada

#11 Oct 12, 2018
Kanye West's career is over by touting Trump.
Global artists can only be free to express themselves , are of ambiguity and not biased in a free planet today,in order not to be buried with the neo-radical right wingers.
Artists are all artists regardless race, but if Kanye West takes himself as artist by touting being Black,he has suppressed his career.
Parden Pardo

Whitehall, PA

#12 Oct 12, 2018
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
How about Uncle Kanye?
How about "Grand Kanya".?
Sublime1

Greensboro, NC

#13 Oct 12, 2018
Xqz wrote:
Global artists can only be free to express themselves , are of ambiguity and not biased in a free planet today,in order not to be buried with the neo-radical right wingers.
Artists are all artists regardless race, but if Kanye West takes himself as artist by touting being Black,he has suppressed his career.
Sounds like you are biased against anyone who disagrees with you and label them neo-radical right wingers.

Kanye has been all over the place over the years ... I remember when he said George bush hates black people. A lot of folks agreed with him. A lot of folks claimed Katrina was all his fault ... look at him now .... liberals and Michelle oBama live him. Michelle just said he's her partner in crime.

Back when Kanye said that you would have called anyone who didn't think George Bush was a horrible president the same things you call those who don't think trump is.

Your labels are impotent too. No one gives a eff if you label them a radical right winger. Opinions are like aholes ... realize this and realize what you label people is just your over inflated ego thinking people should care so much what your dumbazz thinks and labels them as.
Sublime1

Greensboro, NC

#14 Oct 12, 2018
Labels mean nothing... completely useless. Even more useless and exposes underlying flaws in ones beliefs when they are used as a substitute for intelligent thought.
Cordwainer Trout

Richmond, KY

#15 Oct 12, 2018
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
How about Uncle Kanye?
"One-eyed mule can’t be handled on de bline side."
Sublime1

Greensboro, NC

#16 Oct 12, 2018
I thought Kanye was a dummy when he said that about Bush, but I still listened to him.

I think it's humorous that people would say I'm not gonna listen to that person cause of their political beliefs. Why? Do you think all the artists who share your beliefs are nice people or people you'd want to be around? They aren't any different than any other person. I'm sure plenty suck to be around for a whole host of reasons and are not nice and don't have nice personalities. Does that mean I should not listen to their music?

What about the appliance repair man who comes to fix an appliance of mine ... should I care what his political thoughts are? If not, why are musicians political thoughts so relevant to what they do or create?

Doesn't seem relevant to me. Maybe if one is intolerant it does...
INFIDEL

Laguna, NM

#17 Oct 12, 2018
Impeach the Creep wrote:
<quoted text>

maga.
"Rump's need for open adoration by famous people."
And THAT is why the left genuflects to Hollywood and their TV stars so hard, huh?
Oh wait... that would be the libs.

So that's why trump was licking celebrity a$$ on Murphy Brown.
Oh wait... that was the dowager.

BTW what did you think of her performance. I loved it.
my wife was trying to tell me, I liked Murphy Brown. It's not going to be THAT bad. It won't be just another left wing propaganda show. Then in walks the skank herself. Getting a little tribute for losing. I couldn't have asked for more.
INFIDEL

Laguna, NM

#18 Oct 12, 2018
Sublime1 wrote:
I thought Kanye was a dummy when he said that about Bush, but I still listened to him.

I think it's humorous that people would say I'm not gonna listen to that person cause of their political beliefs. Why? Do you think all the artists who share your beliefs are nice people or people you'd want to be around? They aren't any different than any other person. I'm sure plenty suck to be around for a whole host of reasons and are not nice and don't have nice personalities. Does that mean I should not listen to their music?

What about the appliance repair man who comes to fix an appliance of mine ... should I care what his political thoughts are? If not, why are musicians political thoughts so relevant to what they do or create?

Doesn't seem relevant to me. Maybe if one is intolerant it does...
"Do you think all the artists who share your beliefs are nice people or people you'd want to be around? "
Yes. Actually they do.

"What about the appliance repair man who comes to fix an appliance of mine ... should I care what his political thoughts are?"
The extremists would say "yes". If you find out that he voted GOP you should refuse to give him your business. In fact, assault the man. Run him out of the building. That's how the left wing apostles of "diversity" understand the concept.

"Doesn't seem relevant to me. Maybe if one is intolerant it does..."
Intolerance is the weapon of choice on the left. It has been for decades.
ima-Ilis Myka Ashante

United States

#19 Oct 12, 2018
American_Infidel wrote:
YEP !! you got that right......go Kanye help MAGA !
he is right saying that democrat politicians want to tell people HOW & WHAT to think, and the more you listen to their rhetoric the more their own ability to think for themselves is stunted to the point that they will no nothing to find their own solutions to help themselves do they DEPEND on the government FOR EVERYTHING and are led around like sheep doing ALL THEY ARE TOLD TO DO WITHOUT QUESTIONING ANYTHING. Pretty sad and DOWN RIGHT PATHETIC, using people this way. The less they use their brains the better for their democrat agenda !
INFIDEL

Laguna, NM

#20 Oct 12, 2018
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>

Sounds like you are biased against anyone who disagrees with you and label them neo-radical right wingers.

Kanye has been all over the place over the years ... I remember when he said George bush hates black people. A lot of folks agreed with him. A lot of folks claimed Katrina was all his fault ... look at him now .... liberals and Michelle oBama live him. Michelle just said he's her partner in crime.

Back when Kanye said that you would have called anyone who didn't think George Bush was a horrible president the same things you call those who don't think trump is.

Your labels are impotent too. No one gives a eff if you label them a radical right winger. Opinions are like aholes ... realize this and realize what you label people is just your over inflated ego thinking people should care so much what your dumbazz thinks and labels them as.
Not so fast Sublime.
"Your labels are impotent too. No one gives a eff if you label them a radical right winger."
Don't be hasty now. Some of us really DO care if he calls us neo-radical right wingers, right wing gun nuts, trumptards, racists, homophobes and misogynists. It means a lot to some of us to be called these things. For many of us it is a point of pride that the worst "America" has to offer holds us in low regard. It's especially rewarding when we say nothing untrue or insulting but they just can't stop being abusive and demeaning. It's a litmus test of truth.
Xqz

Richmond, Canada

#21 Oct 12, 2018

Global artists can only be free to express themselves , are of ambiguity and not biased on a new-age free planet today, in order not to be buried with the neo-radical right wingers.

Art is the expression of beauty with no inhibition and cannot be mixed with racism.

Kayne West using the label of BEING BLACK IS NO ARTIST BY saying he adores Trump-THEREFORE WEST IS NO ART OF BEAUTY expression AND HIS CAREER IS OVER.

West by using himself as being black but not an artist is an insult of himself.

Overall, Most Blacks are correct not to lose their benefits to go Democrats.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min WasteWater 121,828
News Guard troops will be back for Christmas (Nov '09) 13 min C Kersey 20
News Trump threatens gov't shutdown in heated meetin... 15 min WasteWater 208
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 18 min Hudson 367,227
News Comey says House Republicans are 'shameful' aft... 20 min WasteWater 11
News Giuliani: 'Over my dead body' will Mueller inte... 27 min WasteWater 86
News White House pulls back from shutdown threat ove... 29 min Jan2018 6
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 31 min Cheech the Conser... 1,875,598
News Donald Trump says US military to build border w... 2 hr WasteWater 351