CBS Busts Obama--and Itself--in Bengh...

CBS Busts Obama--and Itself--in Benghazi Cover-Up

There are 165 comments on the www.breitbart.com story from Oct 25, 2012, titled CBS Busts Obama--and Itself--in Benghazi Cover-Up. In it, www.breitbart.com reports that:

CBS News has released a clip of an interview by Steve Kroft of 60 Minutes on Sep. 12 with President Barack Obama that indicates Obama knew the assault on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya was a premeditated terror attack--and suggests the White House later deceived the public by blaming protests against an anti-Islam video..

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.breitbart.com.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#85 Oct 28, 2012
DefCon8 wrote:
<quoted text>
the worst president ever in AMERICA.
Can't we /please/ leave Poor Old George Bush out of this?
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#86 Oct 28, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
He is the worst President, and he should be impeached for Benghazigate. It is worse then Watergate. In Watergate no one died.
I am sticking my neck out here,But here it is IMHO!!

If any one is still curious re why Obama was not questioned by Romney
heres the real reasons...My source reveals the issue is Classified and
also of real Embarrassment to the Oval Offices.This was obviously a
question of why the Ambassador was in Benghazi at the worst possible
time 9/11 for any Americans to be in the Middle East?

The US,and the UK,were engaged in a covert operation concerning the
whereabouts of arms supplied to Libyan Rebels by the US,during the
Overthrow of Ghaddafi? Also the quest was tied to a Meeting with
the Turkish Govt,To expedite the transfer of the Weapons in question
to Syria,by Turkey,Leaving Obamas,and his Admin with clean hands as
it was Election time??

The investigation by Pickering,who incidentally has a Pro Iran record
among other issues..is an absolute Sham..Buying time for the Election
to be concluded etc..IMHO,Romney was informed it was a Classified issue
and he would be endangering Personel,and the entire operation by his
pressuring the POTUS,about what really took place.Forcing the POTUS
to either reveal it was a Clandestine Op,by the CIA,that failed,or
for the POTUS,to continue to lie about the facts of the matter????
Smith Station Panthers

Pittsview, AL

#87 Oct 29, 2012
Or Obama could have just dropped the ball.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#88 Oct 29, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
It is worse then Watergate. In Watergate no one died.
There's no comparison with Watergate... do you even know what happened to cause Watergate?

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#89 Oct 29, 2012
Smith Station Panthers wrote:
Or Obama could have just dropped the ball.
Made me think of that "3am phone call" that Mrs. Clinton predicted and warned that Obama would/might recieve... and how would he handle it?

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#90 Oct 29, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sticking my neck out here,But here it is IMHO!!
If any one is still curious re why Obama was not questioned by Romney
heres the real reasons...My source reveals the issue is Classified and
also of real Embarrassment to the Oval Offices.This was obviously a
question of why the Ambassador was in Benghazi at the worst possible
time 9/11 for any Americans to be in the Middle East?
The US,and the UK,were engaged in a covert operation concerning the
whereabouts of arms supplied to Libyan Rebels by the US,during the
Overthrow of Ghaddafi? Also the quest was tied to a Meeting with
the Turkish Govt,To expedite the transfer of the Weapons in question
to Syria,by Turkey,Leaving Obamas,and his Admin with clean hands as
it was Election time??
The investigation by Pickering,who incidentally has a Pro Iran record
among other issues..is an absolute Sham..Buying time for the Election
to be concluded etc..IMHO,Romney was informed it was a Classified issue
and he would be endangering Personel,and the entire operation by his
pressuring the POTUS,about what really took place.Forcing the POTUS
to either reveal it was a Clandestine Op,by the CIA,that failed,or
for the POTUS,to continue to lie about the facts of the matter????
Very similar to my take on the situation, that with the concept of a "secret war" in Libya which some details are known, and the fact that the average Americans just can't to told every detail in a case like this...

"There's things going on you don't know.", as Lynard Skynard once put it.

--
Music & poetry of Will Dockery:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
liza

Mannington, WV

#91 Oct 29, 2012
Ever watch MSNBC or ABC, what and if they know,
it will never be said about Obama. What happened
to REAL journalist, that wanted the people to
know the truth? The newspapers are as bad...
"I say what I mean, and do as I say", coming from
Obama, not one time but often. Today Obama is
finding a plane to show hes careing about the
people that are in this storm.........too late
for most, its for show and the people know it.
Wanting to change MINDS of the weak who will
fall for just about anything. Do you think if he
was in a bad spot, he wouldn't be crying..?
Look who has been in OUR WH during his term?
Didn't question any of it did you? HE has had cover
by the democrats, the illigals,muslims and idiots
like Pelosi and REid.
Most of his lies about what happened to our men.,,
has been proven to be lies. Says he didn't know???
Hillary taken the blame???? Now hes blameing
the CIA today? Going to LET HIM get by with this ONE??? Don't go back in history, don't blame anyone who had nothing to do with it, YOU know it
has been FOUND OUT so admit that he went to bed and didn't give the order. Like Panetta, "we
couldn't send men into harms way. COVER UP!!
WHEN did we ever NOT send men in to SAVE OUR OWN??
THE answer is NEVER......WHY would a red blooded American dismiss this and lie about it? Not
a real human being... Shame and crime, and the liberals are lying for him about all of it.
If you could sink any lower, you would be six ft.
under.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#92 Oct 29, 2012
Jim R Pickens wrote:
and of course the response
Actually, form a discussion behing held elsewhere, there have been numerous and very encouraging responses to the Libyan attack:
Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>There have been protests in the streets over that video in Mombasa, Port Louis, Jos, Sokoto, Kano, Kaduna, Zinder, Mogadisht, Johannesburg, Khartoum, Zanzibar, Kampala, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janiero, Calgary, Toronto, Dearborn, Canton, New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, D.C., Jalalabad, Kabul, Dhaka, Chittagong, Hong Kong, Srinagar, Puducherry, Jakarta, Medan, Makassar, Surabya, Tokyo, Bishkek, Kuala Lampur, Ipoh, Male, Katmandu, Islamabad, Peshawar, Karachi, Swat, Lahore, Multan, Mardan, Marawi, Manilla, Colombo, Bangkok, Phuket, Baku, Nardaran, Antwerp, Copenhagen, Paris, Frieburg, Muenster, Dortmund, Athens, Dublin, Rome, Skopje, Amsterdam, Oslo, Kazan, Novi Pazar, Bern, Istanbul, Simferopol, London, Birminham, Cardiff, Bradford, Kouba, Diraz, Tehran, Sadr City, Basra, Najaf, Hilla, Samarra, Tel Aviv, Acre, Jerusalem, Amman, Tripoli, Beriut, Kuwait City, Nouakchott, Casablanca, Muscat, Salalah, Gaza, Nablus, Doha, Buraidah, Damascus, Tunis, and Sydny.
The Consulates in Chenni, Baku, Athens, Cairo, and Yemen were Asaulted.
Should gunships have been sent to all of these locations to fire indiscriminately into the crowds?

Notice how it is fully acknowledged who perpetrated the attack? Nothing covered up. Notice how they had already arrested four people and that the people of Libya had burned down the militia headquarters? Notice how help WAS sent from Tripoli?
You are attempting to use the deaths of these men to manufacture controversy.
Yes, excellent piece at Reuters.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/13/us-...

"In Libya, authorities said they had made four arrests in the investigation into the attack that killed ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americas in Benghazi on Tuesday. President Barack Obama has vowed to bring to justice those responsible for the Benghazi attack, which U.S. officials said may have been planned in advance, possibly by an al Qaeda-linked group..."
[...]
"The U.S. ambassador to Libya was killed during a protest against the film on Tuesday at the U.S. consulate in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi when Islamists armed with guns, mortars and grenades staged military-style assaults on the mission and a safe house refuge. A Libyan doctor at a Benghazi hospital said Stevens died of smoke inhalation. U.S. information technology specialist Sean Smith also died at the consulate, while two other Americans were killed when a squad of U.S. troops sent by helicopter from Tripoli to rescue diplomats from the safe house came under mortar attack..."
[...]
"Obama said he had ordered his administration to do whatever was necessary to protect Americans abroad and that aides had been in contact with other governments "to let them know they've got a responsibility to protect our citizens." The U.S. military dispatched two destroyers toward the Libyan coast, in what an official said was a move to give the administration flexibility for any future action. The first ship, the USS Laboon, was already in position and the other destroyer, the USS McFaul, was at least a day away, a U.S. official said. "We don't know if they are affiliated with a particular group or not, there are a lot of suspicions but the we have to go through with the investigation and find out who these people are and if they belong to a particular group, then we have to deal with that group." The U.S. military also dispatched a Marine Corps anti-terrorist team to boost security in Libya, whose leader Muammar Gaddafi was ousted in a U.S.-backed uprising last year..."
Well that sure does answer some questions as well as put things in a better perspective.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
1 post removed
Druid Hill Commando

Hogansville, GA

#94 Oct 30, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, form a discussion behing held elsewhere, there have been numerous and very encouraging responses to the Libyan attack:
<quoted text>
Yes, excellent piece at Reuters.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/13/us-...
"In Libya, authorities said they had made four arrests in the investigation into the attack that killed ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americas in Benghazi on Tuesday. President Barack Obama has vowed to bring to justice those responsible for the Benghazi attack, which U.S. officials said may have been planned in advance, possibly by an al Qaeda-linked group..."
[...]
"The U.S. ambassador to Libya was killed during a protest against the film on Tuesday at the U.S. consulate in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi when Islamists armed with guns, mortars and grenades staged military-style assaults on the mission and a safe house refuge. A Libyan doctor at a Benghazi hospital said Stevens died of smoke inhalation. U.S. information technology specialist Sean Smith also died at the consulate, while two other Americans were killed when a squad of U.S. troops sent by helicopter from Tripoli to rescue diplomats from the safe house came under mortar attack..."
[...]
"Obama said he had ordered his administration to do whatever was necessary to protect Americans abroad and that aides had been in contact with other governments "to let them know they've got a responsibility to protect our citizens." The U.S. military dispatched two destroyers toward the Libyan coast, in what an official said was a move to give the administration flexibility for any future action. The first ship, the USS Laboon, was already in position and the other destroyer, the USS McFaul, was at least a day away, a U.S. official said. "We don't know if they are affiliated with a particular group or not, there are a lot of suspicions but the we have to go through with the investigation and find out who these people are and if they belong to a particular group, then we have to deal with that group." The U.S. military also dispatched a Marine Corps anti-terrorist team to boost security in Libya, whose leader Muammar Gaddafi was ousted in a U.S.-backed uprising last year..."
Well that sure does answer some questions as well as put things in a better perspective.
--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
You are latching on to this 45 day old story too, even after your friend Jim pointed this out?
There is way more to this story than this old article has.
Lets deal with facts , current ones.
1 post removed

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#96 Oct 30, 2012
Druid Hill Commando wrote:
<quoted text>
You are latching on to this 45 day old story too, even after your friend Jim pointed this out?
There is way more to this story than this old article has.
Lets deal with facts , current ones.
True, but I feel that all the facts are important to this story, including the year or more of the so-called "Secret War" that America was involved in over there before this. But, although I'm ure you've seen this already, Commando... the up to date news on the Libyan tragedy:

This is definitely perplexing, I agree... and I hope that Obama and his people can eventually give a good answer why General Ham was stopped, and possibly fired, ober trying to take action to help the Americans in Libya:

"...General Ham as head of Africom received the same e-mails the White House received requesting help/support as the attack was taking place. General Ham immediately had a rapid response unit ready and communicated to the Pentagon that he had a unit ready. General Ham then received the order to stand down. His response was to screw it, he was going to help anyhow. Within 30 seconds to a minute after making the move to respond, his second in command apprehended General Ham and told him that he was now relieved of his command."

--
Music & poetry of Will Dockery:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#97 Oct 30, 2012
Druid Hill Commando wrote:
You are latching on to this 45 day old story too, even after your friend Jim pointed this out?
Sigh.

When the accusation is that nothing happened and lies were told 45 days ago, providing evidence from 45 days ago that completely refute those allegations is appropriate.
Think about it for a few seconds.
Druid Hill Commando wrote:
There is way more to this story than this old article has.
Lets deal with facts , current ones.
There's a lot more SPIN about what happened when. The FACTS are that it was fully acknowledged and responded to...45 days ago.
Ranger

Columbus, GA

#98 Oct 30, 2012
No, you are wrong, it takes longer that 2 days to debrief everyone involved.
Was the investigation over in two days?
The Libyans probably had concluded their investigation after an hour and rounded up everyone in close proximity just to try and take the heat off their country.

Again you are talking out you ass on this one, you don't care about facts and discovering the truth.
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#99 Oct 30, 2012
Ranger wrote:
No, you are wrong, it takes longer that 2 days to debrief everyone involved.
Was the investigation over in two days?
The Libyans probably had concluded their investigation after an hour and rounded up everyone in close proximity just to try and take the heat off their country.
Again you are talking out you ass on this one, you don't care about facts and discovering the truth.
Ranger,Is that You?(Noriega,PDF)????
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#100 Oct 30, 2012
Ranger wrote:
No, you are wrong, it takes longer that 2 days to debrief everyone involved.
Was the investigation over in two days?
You are late to the discussion and are responding to things I haven't even said.

To recap. They claim that the President claimed for days that the attack was the result of that video and that there was no Al Queda link. They also claimed that there was no response whatsoever.

Both of these claims are wholly refuted by news coverage from two days later.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/13/us-...
1 post removed
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#102 Oct 30, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
Ranger,Is that You?(Noriega,PDF)????
I hope that its you,ol SOB!!

Obama was in the middle of a Recon,for 20,000 Sams previosly
supplied to Ghaddfi,by us,to ship them to Syria,via Turkey
so we were clean hands? Covert Black Bag Ops!! OORAHHHH!

FORT BENNING RIGHT!!
1 post removed

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#104 Oct 30, 2012
Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>You are late to the discussion and are responding to things I haven't even said.
To recap. They claim that the President claimed for days that the attack was the result of that video and that there was no Al Queda link. They also claimed that there was no response whatsoever.
Both of these claims are wholly refuted by news coverage from two days later.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/13/us-...
Well, yes, 45 days ago there was clearly more than just "no comment" going on.

--
Music & poetry of Will Dockery:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#105 Oct 30, 2012
Jim R Pickens wrote:
and of course the response from the most "transparent administration ever"
"No Comment"
Jim, clearly there was more than "No Comment" going on from Obama and the White House. Actually, from a discussion behing held elsewhere, there have been numerous and very encouraging responses to the Libyan attack:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/13/us-...

"In Libya, authorities said they had made four arrests in the investigation into the attack that killed ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americas in Benghazi on Tuesday. President Barack Obama has vowed to bring to justice those responsible for the Benghazi attack, which U.S. officials said may have been planned in advance, possibly by an al Qaeda-linked group..."
[...]
"The U.S. ambassador to Libya was killed during a protest against the film on Tuesday at the U.S. consulate in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi when Islamists armed with guns, mortars and grenades staged military-style assaults on the mission and a safe house refuge. A Libyan doctor at a Benghazi hospital said Stevens died of smoke inhalation. U.S. information technology specialist Sean Smith also died at the consulate, while two other Americans were killed when a squad of U.S. troops sent by helicopter from Tripoli to rescue diplomats from the safe house came under mortar attack..."
[...]
"Obama said he had ordered his administration to do whatever was necessary to protect Americans abroad and that aides had been in contact with other governments "to let them know they've got a responsibility to protect our citizens." The U.S. military dispatched two destroyers toward the Libyan coast, in what an official said was a move to give the administration flexibility for any future action. The first ship, the USS Laboon, was already in position and the other destroyer, the USS McFaul, was at least a day away, a U.S. official said. "We don't know if they are affiliated with a particular group or not, there are a lot of suspicions but the we have to go through with the investigation and find out who these people are and if they belong to a particular group, then we have to deal with that group." The U.S. military also dispatched a Marine Corps anti-terrorist team to boost security in Libya, whose leader Muammar Gaddafi was ousted in a U.S.-backed uprising last year..."

Well that sure does answer some questions as well as put things in a better perspective.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#106 Oct 31, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
A lotta skullduggery going on, no doubt...
Blaming Eric Holder for this got the republicans NOWHERE. He was totally exonerated. Next probable problem will be with DEA whose director is a Bush pick. Now look for some heads to roll there in the not to distant future. Of course you did'nt hear it from me, just you ,me and the fencepost.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#107 Oct 31, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Jim, clearly there was more than "No Comment" going on from Obama and the White House. Actually, from a discussion behing held elsewhere, there have been numerous and very encouraging responses to the Libyan attack:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/13/us-...
"In Libya, authorities said they had made four arrests in the investigation into the attack that killed ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americas in Benghazi on Tuesday. President Barack Obama has vowed to bring to justice those responsible for the Benghazi attack, which U.S. officials said may have been planned in advance, possibly by an al Qaeda-linked group..."
[...]
"The U.S. ambassador to Libya was killed during a protest against the film on Tuesday at the U.S. consulate in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi when Islamists armed with guns, mortars and grenades staged military-style assaults on the mission and a safe house refuge. A Libyan doctor at a Benghazi hospital said Stevens died of smoke inhalation. U.S. information technology specialist Sean Smith also died at the consulate, while two other Americans were killed when a squad of U.S. troops sent by helicopter from Tripoli to rescue diplomats from the safe house came under mortar attack..."
[...]
"Obama said he had ordered his administration to do whatever was necessary to protect Americans abroad and that aides had been in contact with other governments "to let them know they've got a responsibility to protect our citizens." The U.S. military dispatched two destroyers toward the Libyan coast, in what an official said was a move to give the administration flexibility for any future action. The first ship, the USS Laboon, was already in position and the other destroyer, the USS McFaul, was at least a day away, a U.S. official said. "We don't know if they are affiliated with a particular group or not, there are a lot of suspicions but the we have to go through with the investigation and find out who these people are and if they belong to a particular group, then we have to deal with that group." The U.S. military also dispatched a Marine Corps anti-terrorist team to boost security in Libya, whose leader Muammar Gaddafi was ousted in a U.S.-backed uprising last year..."
Well that sure does answer some questions as well as put things in a better perspective.
--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Don't ever forget the abusive propaganda we got for 8 long painful years under DER Fuhrer Bush. Every extreme right wing freak on Fox news supported this idiots every decision. Megan Kelly, O'Reilly, on and on. And just like those I knew living behind the Iron Curtain in 1969 They resisted resisted and resisted this mental barrage. Can you imagine the extreme mental and emotional pain we would be living thru now if Bush somehow could keep going for 4 more years? The most abrasive Dumb Blonde has got to be Ann Coulter, what person in their right mind would buy a book from this weirdo?

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#108 Oct 31, 2012
Columbus Native wrote:
<quoted text>Blaming Eric Holder for this got the republicans NOWHERE. He was totally exonerated. Next probable problem will be with DEA whose director is a Bush pick. Now look for some heads to roll there in the not to distant future. Of course you did'nt hear it from me, just you ,me and the fencepost.
Mum's the word... heh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 1 min kuda 1,317
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min flack 1,432,285
News Early ballots: Clinton sees strength in NC but ... 3 min deplorable spud 40
News The debate as seen through millennials' eyes 4 min Le Jimbo 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min JRB 225,684
News Post-debate poll: Clinton takes round one 7 min Dee Dee Dee 10
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 9 min Just Think 10,277
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min HILLARY 2016 243,596
News Police in riot-hit Charlotte say shooting victi... 1 hr proud white Ameri... 619
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 hr Darvon Bishop 395,596
More from around the web