Support grows for U.S. "drone court" ...

Support grows for U.S. "drone court" to review lethal strikes

There are 65 comments on the Reuters story from Feb 9, 2013, titled Support grows for U.S. "drone court" to review lethal strikes. In it, Reuters reports that:

During a fresh round of debate this week over President Barack Obama's claim that he can unilaterally order lethal strikes by unmanned aircraft against U.S. citizens, some lawmakers proposed a middle ground: a special federal "drone court" that would approve suspected militants for targeting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#43 Feb 10, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
And obama continued the ndaa
Why do republicans blame democrats for continuing republican sponsored policies and legislation?

I know I disagree with the practice.

Does it take an act of congress to reverse some of these policies?

Then there are the special interest and too much money involved to reverse it.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#44 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>killing US citizens with drones? no, no it isn't....
sorry charlie...
"yes, by the restrictions placed on this program, it cannot be used in the US, but our gov't spying on you is just fine if Bush did it"

I didn't mention anything about killing anyone in the U.S. with the use of drones.

States are "increasingly using unmanned aircraft systems in the United States, including deployments for law enforcement operations," according to the bill. There "is the potential for unmanned aircraft system technology to enable invasive and pervasive surveillance without adequate privacy protections."

In April, Brossart told U.S. News that he thought the SWAT team use of the drone was "definitely" illegal. Some estimates suggest that there may be as many as 30,000 unmanned drones operated in the United States by 2020 for uses such as wildfire containment and surveillance, law enforcement, and surveying.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#45 Feb 10, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
So you wont have a problem when a Republican President kills any American citizen without due process who he deems a "terrorist" then?
"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make, either you are with us or you are with the terrorists."

Does that include us?

If an American is running with terrorist, he can die with them.

Why do teabaggers gain a "conscious" for terrorist?

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#46 Feb 10, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
So you wont have a problem when a Republican President kills any American citizen without due process who he deems a "terrorist" then?
Well I have two points to make about that:

First, we had an American president (George W. Bush) who killed Americans without due process… and second, due to the demographics, the implosion of the GOP and the right-wing fringe filling the void, I won’t see another republican president occupy the White House for the rest of my life.

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#47 Feb 10, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do teabaggers gain a "conscious" for terrorist?
These last 4 years have been great… these tea-bagger’s heads can’t stop spinning as they don’t know whether they’re coming or going, LOL. President Obama has them completely vexed and confused as they have to force themselves to dwell in an alternate reality in order to avoid the truth - that President Obama has successful protected this great nation all while killing more terrorist without lies and unnecessary wars. Pretty much an intelligent alternative that produce results unlike the failed policies from the previous administration.
Voluntarist

United States

#48 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Why do republicans blame democrats for continuing republican sponsored policies and legislation?
Im not a republican or a democrat, that is a divide and conquer strategy.
I look at the person not the color of his shirt.
They do not have to sign on to continue these policies and they can try to repeal the bills.
Voluntarist

United States

#49 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
"yes, by the restrictions placed on this program, it cannot be used in the US, but our gov't spying on you is just fine if Bush did it"
I didn't mention anything about killing anyone in the U.S. with the use of drones.
States are "increasingly using unmanned aircraft systems in the United States, including deployments for law enforcement operations," according to the bill. There "is the potential for unmanned aircraft system technology to enable invasive and pervasive surveillance without adequate privacy protections."
In April, Brossart told U.S. News that he thought the SWAT team use of the drone was "definitely" illegal. Some estimates suggest that there may be as many as 30,000 unmanned drones operated in the United States by 2020 for uses such as wildfire containment and surveillance, law enforcement, and surveying.
I dont think that the "public view" exception to spying on people would apply overhead, but some man in a dress might rule that you have no expectation of privacy from above. Yet if you video record police officers in public they might charge you with wiretapping.
Voluntarist

United States

#50 Feb 10, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
These last 4 years have been great… these tea-bagger’s heads can’t stop spinning as they don’t know whether they’re coming or going, LOL. President Obama has them completely vexed and confused as they have to force themselves to dwell in an alternate reality in order to avoid the truth - that President Obama has successful protected this great nation all while killing more terrorist without lies and unnecessary wars. Pretty much an intelligent alternative that produce results unlike the failed policies from the previous administration.
The country is completely broke yet obummer is expanding government.
In your opinion is there a limit on how large government should be?
1 post removed
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#52 Feb 10, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not a republican or a democrat, that is a divide and conquer strategy.
I look at the person not the color of his shirt.
They do not have to sign on to continue these policies and they can try to repeal the bills.
I would at least talk about it, just to see if it has a chance of repeal.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#53 Feb 10, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think that the "public view" exception to spying on people would apply overhead, but some man in a dress might rule that you have no expectation of privacy from above. Yet if you video record police officers in public they might charge you with wiretapping.
A valid point.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#54 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
how is that different from the helicopters they use now?
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#55 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how is that different from the helicopters they use now?
Besides flight limitations.

Liitle.

The money used to operate a helocopter are enormous so when they do use them, there better be a good reason and efficient.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#56 Feb 10, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a liar.
After a line of questioning about cyber security and some sort of cyber ROTC idea from New York Democrat Kirsten Gillebrand, Lindsey Graham picked up where Ayotte left off, confirming the president only had one conversation with Panetta and Dempsey on 9/11 about the unfolding attack in Benghazi. Further, he found out no defense assets were launched to respond to the attack in real time. Visibly upset, Graham asked Dempsey:“is there a saying in the military, when you go in harm’s way, we’ve got your back?…Don’t you think that saying’s been undermined here?”

Graham question Panetta’s assertion that “the president of the United States was concerned about American lives,” saying he didn’t consider it a “credible statement” if the president never called to ask if the Americans on the ground in Benghazi were being helped or what was happening to them. Nevertheless, Graham trusts the same president and government to judiciously kill American citizens.

St. Croix valley

#57 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Besides flight limitations.
Liitle.
The money used to operate a helocopter are enormous so when they do use them, there better be a good reason and efficient.
isn't this a totally different subject? what does this have to do with the tools we use in war?

au contraire

Location hidden

#58 Feb 10, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I have two points to make about that:
First, we had an American president (George W. Bush) who killed Americans without due process… and second, due to the demographics, the implosion of the GOP and the right-wing fringe filling the void, I won’t see another republican president occupy the White House for the rest of my life.
List the americans that Bush killed without due process. We know of three Obama has killed. Put up or shut up pookie.

au contraire

Location hidden

#59 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Shouldn't you be out making snow men instead of building straw men which is your norm.
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#60 Feb 10, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>
Oklahoma: Federal spending received for every tax dollar paid per capita $1.64

candy for lejimfraud. hahahahahahahahaha
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#61 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>isn't this a totally different subject? what does this have to do with the tools we use in war?
Both are used in war, the same limitatations apply.

St. Croix valley

#62 Feb 10, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>List the americans that Bush killed without due process. We know of three Obama has killed. Put up or shut up pookie.
Our Congress authorized teh president to got war against the Taliban, Al Queada, and their affiliates.

it was in all the papers...

Due process was upheld.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#63 Feb 10, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Shouldn't you be out making snow men instead of building straw men which is your norm.
Poor Le Dimbulb.

ANOTHER question you can't answer.

Shouldn't you be trying to find it?

Limbaughtomy and Rannity don't cover that in their podcast?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 min Brian_G 15,944
News Monsanto queen Hillary Clinton displaying numer... 6 min Hillary Clinton Sick 4
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min John Galt 1,418,767
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 13 min Maria 7,729
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 19 min Brian_G 311,622
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 22 min IND 239,443
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 30 min dark finger 393,271
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 2 hr asd 341
More from around the web