Marking July 4th, Obama urges America...

Marking July 4th, Obama urges Americans to live their principles as well as celebrate them

There are 350 comments on the Coast Reporter story from Jul 4, 2010, titled Marking July 4th, Obama urges Americans to live their principles as well as celebrate them. In it, Coast Reporter reports that:

Calling the Declaration of Independence more than words on an aging parchment, President Barack Obama marked the Fourth of July on Sunday by urging Americans to live the principles that founded the nation as well as celebrate them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Coast Reporter.

First Prev
of 18
Next Last

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#2 Jul 4, 2010
Happy Birthday America!

A country that strives to always become a better Union, and to make right what is not.

I know that even those I disagree with love this country as much as I do. We all just have different philosophies on how we keep improving.

I don't think any American, hates America. Regardless of the silly rants of media blowhards and posters on this site.

Happy Birthday to America. And I wish all of you a safe and enjoyable celebration.

May this message find you and yours doing well.
PooPoo Platter

Plainfield, IL

#3 Jul 5, 2010
OneRyder wrote:
Happy Birthday America!
A country that strives to always become a better Union, and to make right what is not.
I know that even those I disagree with love this country as much as I do. We all just have different philosophies on how we keep improving.
I don't think any American, hates America. Regardless of the silly rants of media blowhards and posters on this site.
Happy Birthday to America. And I wish all of you a safe and enjoyable celebration.
May this message find you and yours doing well.
Well said!
Remember in November

United States

#4 Jul 5, 2010
Vote in November and End an Error in 2012.
Tony

Bradenton, FL

#5 Jul 5, 2010
He He He He He He He Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha .....ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

B U L L C H I T!!!!!!!!!!

O-bribe-a is destroying the principles the country was founded on as fast as congress will let him......

O-bribe-a is soooo full of chit, he cracks up at his own speeches.

“Make America Great Again”

Since: Jun 07

Bring Obama Back!

#6 Jul 5, 2010
No doubt Mr. President, we lived and celebrated those principles when we elected you Sir. It was a great feeling last night as I watched those fireworks thinking about what a great country we live in. From where we started, to where we are today, to the great future that we are headed for under the great leadership of President Obama.

God has truly blessed America.

Since: Jan 07

United States

#7 Jul 5, 2010
Mr. Omniscient should lead bby example and acquaint himself with the philosophy and principles that created this great nation. The Declaration of Independence set the stage for defeating an oppressive government in England.

The Constitution sets the rules that allowed every American the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. It does not allow for manipulation of personal wealth in the name of "social justice," governmental interference in private enterprise or intrusion into personal choices. These were some of the reasons why England got the boot.

Obama may be a "constitutional" lawyer but he seems to have missed the point of it all with his interpretation of "negative liberties."

“Kenyan-born Obama=Antichrist”

Since: Sep 09

Casper, WY

#8 Jul 5, 2010
checkout the cover of GLOBE 7/12/10! BOMBSHELL NEW EVIDENCE OBAMA WAS NOT BORN IN U.S. on page 16-17 "critics insist presidency is totally illegal"
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
No doubt Mr. President, we lived and celebrated those principles when we elected you Sir. It was a great feeling last night as I watched those fireworks thinking about what a great country we live in. From where we started, to where we are today, to the great future that we are headed for under the great leadership of President Obama.
God has truly blessed America.
Semper Fi!
Leo

Tulsa, OK

#9 Jul 5, 2010
Remember in November wrote:
Vote in November and End an Error in 2012.
It wasn't an error, it was an election. People voted, one guy won and the other one lost. Thats the system here. If you don't like it, find a country you can be loyal to.

“Liberty and Justice for ALL!”

Since: Jun 10

Bloomington, MN

#10 Jul 5, 2010
WelbyMD wrote:
checkout the cover of GLOBE 7/12/10! BOMBSHELL NEW EVIDENCE OBAMA WAS NOT BORN IN U.S. on page 16-17 "critics insist presidency is totally illegal"<quoted text>Semper Fi!
The Globe. Now THAT'S good journalism. Don't they also carry UFO stories and Elvis sightings and pictures of children who's father was an alien (the space kind, not the Mexican kind)?

ROFLMAO!!!!

What's next week - proof from a Superman comic book?

“Make America Great Again”

Since: Jun 07

Bring Obama Back!

#11 Jul 5, 2010
OneRyder wrote:
I have to strongly disagree with that. When you hear the people that lost politically squealing at the top of their lungs “I hope he fails”… and then back that up with them celebrating any bad news for the country (like when we didn’t get the Olympics or the Gulf oil spill); displays a deep unpatriotic hatred for this nation.

There is no way around that fact; many right-wingers are unpatriotic bigots that hate America and Americans.

“Kenyan-born Obama=Antichrist”

Since: Sep 09

Casper, WY

#12 Jul 5, 2010
Leo wrote:
<quoted text>It wasn't an error, it was an election. People voted, one guy won and the other one lost. Thats the system here. If you don't like it, find a country you can be loyal to.
You probably one of those Gore-voters who never let that issue die.
Responsibility

San Bruno, CA

#13 Jul 5, 2010
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to strongly disagree with that. When you hear the people that lost politically squealing at the top of their lungs “I hope he fails”… and then back that up with them celebrating any bad news for the country (like when we didn’t get the Olympics or the Gulf oil spill); displays a deep unpatriotic hatred for this nation.
There is no way around that fact; many right-wingers are unpatriotic bigots that hate America and Americans.
I agree, criticism and discussion about the state of our country, our president and our government is needed but there is an element of hate and unpatriotism that makes me believe the words "home grown terrorism".
Leo

Tulsa, OK

#14 Jul 5, 2010
WelbyMD wrote:
<quoted text>You probably one of those Gore-voters who never let that issue die.
Nope simply repsonding to the poster who stated that the last presidental election was an error.
LOL

Bradenton, FL

#15 Jul 5, 2010
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
"home grown terrorism".
the american government led by congress.........

maddog2008

Since: Sep 08

Albion, NY

#16 Jul 5, 2010
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
There is noone more unpatriotic than Obama and his team of thugs. Semper-Fi

Since: Aug 08

Mount Dora, FL

#17 Jul 5, 2010
"Calling the Declaration of Independence more than words on an aging parchment, President Barack Obama marked the Fourth of July on Sunday by urging Americans to live the principles that founded the nation as well as celebrate them."

If more Americans "lived the principles that founded our great nation", Obama would have been Impeached by now, and some of his criminal administration would be doing time in a Federal Prison.
1 post removed

maddog2008

Since: Sep 08

Albion, NY

#19 Jul 5, 2010
Combat Medic wrote:
"Calling the Declaration of Independence more than words on an aging parchment, President Barack Obama marked the Fourth of July on Sunday by urging Americans to live the principles that founded the nation as well as celebrate them."
If more Americans "lived the principles that founded our great nation", Obama would have been Impeached by now, and some of his criminal administration would be doing time in a Federal Prison.
I would be more than honored to sign any complaint that would impeach him.
Tedsliver

United States

#20 Jul 5, 2010
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
. Patty Cake is an American hater. The "Cake" hates free speech, fakes being a marine, and makes many racist posts.
Tedsliver

United States

#21 Jul 5, 2010
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, criticism and discussion about the state of our country, our president and our government is needed but there is an element of hate and unpatriotism that makes me believe the words "home grown terrorism".
. Spoken like a true loser.

“Liberty and Justice for ALL!”

Since: Jun 10

Bloomington, MN

#22 Jul 5, 2010
Combat Medic wrote:
And you would have been exposed for the fascist that you are.

Note the approval ratings on Reps vs Dems in Congress:

US: Generic Ballot (Pew 6/16-20)Emily Swanson | July 1, 2010 Topics: National , poll
----------

Pew Research Center
6/16-20/10; 1,802 adults, 3% margin of error
1,496 registered voters, 3% margin of error
Mode: Live telephone interviews
(Pew release)

National

2010 Congress: Generic Ballot
Registered voters: 45% Republican, 45% Democrat (chart)

Would you like to see your representative in Congress be re-elected in the next congressional election, or not?
Registered voters: 49% Yes, 34% No

Regardless of how you feel about your own representative, would you like to see most members of Congress re-elected in the next congressional election, or not?
Registered voters: 31% Yes, 56% No

Do you think of your vote for Congress this fall as a vote FOR Barack Obama, as a vote AGAINST Barack Obama, or isn't Barack Obama much of a factor in your vote?
Registered voters: 23% For, 28% Against, 47% Not a factor

Generally what is MORE important to you this year...
Registered voters:
41% Having new faces in office
50% Having experienced people who know how the government works

Job Approval / Disapproval (among all adults)
Reps in Congress: 31 / 55
Dems in Congress: 35 / 53

Party ID (among all adults)
34% Democrat, 27% Republican, 34% independent (chart)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U.S. House bill would exempt e-cigarettes from ... 3 min Say What 10
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,523,605
News Racism motivated Trump voters more than authori... 6 min huntcoyotes 412
News White House refuses to hand over documents to F... 7 min swampmudd 195
News Donald Trump on first 100 days: It's a differen... 8 min huntcoyotes 72
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 30 min Imprtnrd 25,321
News Lawmakers revisiting requiring those on Medicai... 30 min swampmudd 100
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Injudgement 265,429
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 hr Ronald 258
More from around the web