Ron Paul: U.S. Already Committing Acts of War Against Iran

There are 20 comments on the Jan 23, 2012, story titled Ron Paul: U.S. Already Committing Acts of War Against Iran. In it, reports that:

GOP Debate in Tampa, FL

Ron Paul said that America has already committed an act of war against Iran "by blockading the country," and asked the U.S. to put itself in Iran's shoes:

Can you imagine if someone was blockading the Gulf of Mexico? You have to have perspective. It is an act of war to blockade a country and we are doing that. ... No one wants a hot war in Iran right now.
Paul was disputing Gingrich's claim that Iran is "provoking and taunting" the US.

Do you agree with Paul? Is America provoking Iran?

Join the discussion below, or Read more at .

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

#1 Jan 23, 2012
He was told the facts by Santorum .....In foreign Policy Paul thinks the world is flat....!....

ARE YA BETTER OFF NOW THAN 3YRS AGO????...
Stratton

Arlington, MA

#2 Jan 23, 2012
Ron Paul seems to think we are still in the 18th century when the Atlantic and Pacific oceans were sufficient protection to allow us to avoid being involved in international affairs. His foreign policy may indeed be the one the Founding Fathers advocated, but the Founding Fathers also wore knee britches and owned slaves. As a doctor, Paul would hardly practice medicine using the techniques of the 18th century, but he does practice politics using them.

One thing Paul likes to forget is that the Internet - his biggest medium of support and the way he raises most of his campaign funds - was the direct result of a federal government spending program.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#3 Jan 23, 2012
the sound you heard was ron paul shooting himself in the foot.
bye-bye ronnie!

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#4 Jan 23, 2012
how can it be said that you are "starting a war" WHEN the other party involved has already DECLARED WAR on YOU?

iran declared war on the usa in october 23, 1979. and it has been at war with us since.

when you add the fact that iran has publicly announced they plan to quote, "WIPE us OFF the MAP!", what are you to think?

then, there are the 2 separate occasions where iran has denounced the usa and it's allies in the UN. resulting in the walkout by the western powers. and where NO muslim country did so.

I think as a matter of self defense, we should nuke the nuclear facilities in iran.

ron paul is an idiot.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#5 Jan 24, 2012
you want to know what I think of ron paul and his son?

let me tell you.... he knows how important it is to get rid of the illegal aliens in america. he knows that to do so means all of us who are true americans need to sacrifice a little bit of our freedom to address the problem by allowing our law enforcement the ability to question anyone as to their citizenship status.

how else are you to separate the non-citizens from the americans? duh..

so, what does he and his son avocate? non-compliance.

IDIOT!

cocaine using, marijuana smoking, BRAIN DEAD, stupid hippie politicians. every single one of them.

we need a law outlawing illicit drug users off capitol hill.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#6 Jan 24, 2012
oh. somebody tells me that nobody who has committed a felony can be a politician on capitol hill.

is this correct?

so, why isn't the supreme court mandating regular scheduled drug tests to ensure that each and every one of these scum bags are holding to their obligations of being free from drugs?

corruption?

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#7 Jan 24, 2012
WE DON'T serve THEM!

THEY serve US!

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#8 Jan 24, 2012
ron paul and his son think they are above the law.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#9 Jan 24, 2012
hell. every freaking politician currently on capitol hill think they are above the law.

how else do you see them voting themselves pay raises every year?
America is Not the Same

Pompano Beach, FL

#10 Jan 24, 2012
Asian Guy wrote:
how can it be said that you are "starting a war" WHEN the other party involved has already DECLARED WAR on YOU?
iran declared war on the usa in october 23, 1979. and it has been at war with us since.
when you add the fact that iran has publicly announced they plan to quote, "WIPE us OFF the MAP!", what are you to think?
then, there are the 2 separate occasions where iran has denounced the usa and it's allies in the UN. resulting in the walkout by the western powers. and where NO muslim country did so.
I think as a matter of self defense, we should nuke the nuclear facilities in iran.
ron paul is an idiot.
Ron Paul has a CULT following that are druggies and anti American that wants anarchy.
His followers have shown violence in Iowa when a group tries to physical attack Santorum
There was an incident also in NH.

After last nights debate in FL. Paul is at 6% approval
He needs to drop out and most likely will after FL primary
The race is a 2 man race
Gingrich and Romney

Paul will NEVER be elected He is only running to split the vote.
He was confronted with this last night in the Debate

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#11 Jan 24, 2012
America is Not the Same wrote:
<quoted text>
Ron Paul has a CULT following that are druggies and anti American that wants anarchy.
His followers have shown violence in Iowa when a group tries to physical attack Santorum
There was an incident also in NH.
After last nights debate in FL. Paul is at 6% approval
He needs to drop out and most likely will after FL primary
The race is a 2 man race
Gingrich and Romney
Paul will NEVER be elected He is only running to split the vote.
He was confronted with this last night in the Debate
I admit Paul could have done better last night. He should have flat out said he will win, rather than agreeing to "maybe" back Gingrich if he changes his position on foreign policy. The way I see it is Paul, at times, is not a very good debater and sometimes doesn't present things well when asked questions he's not ready for.

What he does have going for him is his record in Congress that proves he honors his oath of office. The speeches he has given on the floor of Congress when he is prepared and knows what he wants to talk about. His honesty. And the fact that his position doesn't change depending on the audience, like the others. He stands on principle every time, it's just a matter of having enough time to present it without a sixty second clock.

Marek

Gdansk, Poland

#12 Jan 24, 2012
America is Not the Same wrote:
<quoted text>
Ron Paul has a CULT following that are druggies and anti American that wants anarchy.
His followers have shown violence in Iowa when a group tries to physical attack Santorum
There was an incident also in NH.
After last nights debate in FL. Paul is at 6% approval
He needs to drop out and most likely will after FL primary
The race is a 2 man race
Gingrich and Romney
Paul will NEVER be elected He is only running to split the vote.
He was confronted with this last night in the Debate
If he will not be elected I think personally that it will be like the last nail to coffin for your country. You have no other countries,which would take your citizens back, because you must remember that you are rather very hostile to another nations and nobody has such possibilities to take 300 mln of citizens.
The man is really very reasonable, great and good politician and the best politician in your country. And he sees that your country is led in direction of economical and military precipice.
You have already 14 trillions of debts thanks to wars and thanks to financial support for global speculators. Yourcountry will make financial bancruptcy or it will be completely destroyed during war if your politicians will begin global world war - they are on the way.
And clearly, you need such politician, who will make quick and good, reasonable changes especially in foreign politics and in change of relationships with global speculators. And Ron Paulis the only politician, who will do it. The last chance to restore and to protect USA.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#13 Jan 24, 2012
So, how will this work in November?

Will Ron Paul run as a Libertarian? Or will he start his own third party?
Marek

Gdansk, Poland

#14 Jan 24, 2012
Iran does not provoke USA, it is USA which provokes and intimidiates Iran. Every normal person sees it globally.
America is Not the Same

Pompano Beach, FL

#15 Jan 24, 2012
PooPoo Platter wrote:
So, how will this work in November?
Will Ron Paul run as a Libertarian? Or will he start his own third party?
If you have noticed Paul has NOT connected himself with Libertarians. They have dis owned him for some radical views and his contradictory statements on the Constitution.
Don't see him running 3rd party His money is low., and contributions are slim

Paul is finished He quit the congress once before and went back to the medical field and now he state he will not run for congress again. he stated that he knows he won't win So why is he still in the race. Just shows his intelligence. Heck he opens his mouth and you can detect his idiocy.
Paul just can't seem to see where his is a good fit.
One thing is for sure he will NEVER BE ELECTED AS PRESIDENT.
He is at 6% in straw polls in FL.
The man just has to face up and realize he is washed up., done

It would be a hoot to see Obama and Paul debate. It would be the best laugh anyone would have.Obama would KILL Paul, I see Paul running off stage in tears. He's a stupid old fool that is irreverent on every issue.
America is Not the Same

Pompano Beach, FL

#16 Jan 24, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
I admit Paul could have done better last night. He should have flat out said he will win, rather than agreeing to "maybe" back Gingrich if he changes his position on foreign policy. The way I see it is Paul, at times, is not a very good debater and sometimes doesn't present things well when asked questions he's not ready for.
What he does have going for him is his record in Congress that proves he honors his oath of office. The speeches he has given on the floor of Congress when he is prepared and knows what he wants to talk about. His honesty. And the fact that his position doesn't change depending on the audience, like the others. He stands on principle every time, it's just a matter of having enough time to present it without a sixty second clock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =qWxaGRZ7NrsXX
Look up how many times Paul has flip flop on issues
Check out how many times he voted present on issues.
Check out how many times Paul never showed up for votes in Congress
Check how many times Paul QUIT CONGRESS and went back to the Medical field
Stop being a sheep and smoking that wacky weed. These are his supporters. REAL AMERICANS are against Paul FACT!!!!!!!!
That is why he is at 6%
Small RADICAL FOLLOWING
That wants to put drugs in the hands of children
Refused to defend America. States America planned 911 DISPUTABLE!!!!!!!
When are you going to grow up and realize there is NO POLITIC AN THAT IS HONEST.
Why is Paul taking money from Oil companies.and Pharmaceuticals companies FIGURE IT STUPID He state that he is against oil
The man is DANGEROUS AND NOT AMERICAN PERIOD
Why is he taking money from Wall Street when he said he is against Wall Street
Flip Flop on abortion. Even that he has one abortions.
The man is NOT HONEST YOU are brainwashed or just plain stupid
Why is he starting to agree with Gingrich WAKE UP. He did 3 times last night.
Doe he feel Gingrich will have him as his VP NO WAY. Paul has NO answer and he don't know where he stand
He needs to drop out NOW and take his Radical anarchy Anti American Cult supporters with him.
nonymous

Helmond, Netherlands

#17 Jan 24, 2012
Ron Paul is correct, one has but to read history, preferable starting just before the overthrow of the elected government of Iran by the US in 1959.
Iran has never forgotten this. Iran would never have been a theocracy if not for the US

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#18 Jan 24, 2012
America is Not the Same wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up how many times Paul has flip flop on issues
Check out how many times he voted present on issues.
Check out how many times Paul never showed up for votes in Congress
Check how many times Paul QUIT CONGRESS and went back to the Medical field
Stop being a sheep and smoking that wacky weed. These are his supporters. REAL AMERICANS are against Paul FACT!!!!!!!!
That is why he is at 6%
Small RADICAL FOLLOWING
That wants to put drugs in the hands of children
Refused to defend America. States America planned 911 DISPUTABLE!!!!!!!
When are you going to grow up and realize there is NO POLITIC AN THAT IS HONEST.
Why is Paul taking money from Oil companies.and Pharmaceuticals companies FIGURE IT STUPID He state that he is against oil
The man is DANGEROUS AND NOT AMERICAN PERIOD
Why is he taking money from Wall Street when he said he is against Wall Street
Flip Flop on abortion. Even that he has one abortions.
The man is NOT HONEST YOU are brainwashed or just plain stupid
Why is he starting to agree with Gingrich WAKE UP. He did 3 times last night.
Doe he feel Gingrich will have him as his VP NO WAY. Paul has NO answer and he don't know where he stand
He needs to drop out NOW and take his Radical anarchy Anti American Cult supporters with him.
I've done my research on my candidate.
You just presented a bunch of opinions-->YOURS<-- and not one thing to back any of it up, other than telling me to "look it up" and "check it out."
LMAO
You are going to be a sore loser.
JDC

El Paso, TX

#19 Jan 24, 2012
Why has there not been a national discussion on the Iraq war? Why are there no studies showing whether our policy of going to war was right or not? We spent over a trillion dollars, lost thousands of men, will treat other Vets hurt for years to come.

But there is no discussion whether it worth it or not?

Perhaps they cannot discuss it because they are too busy planning the Iran war.

You would think that after Viet Nam and now Iraq, that our country would give serious thought before putting our young men in harms way.

Obviously our troops do not like our interventionist foreign policies that we cannot afford as they give more financial support to Ron Paul than any other candidate.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#20 Jan 24, 2012
JDC wrote:
Why has there not been a national discussion on the Iraq war? Why are there no studies showing whether our policy of going to war was right or not? We spent over a trillion dollars, lost thousands of men, will treat other Vets hurt for years to come.
But there is no discussion whether it worth it or not?
Perhaps they cannot discuss it because they are too busy planning the Iran war.
You would think that after Viet Nam and now Iraq, that our country would give serious thought before putting our young men in harms way.
Obviously our troops do not like our interventionist foreign policies that we cannot afford as they give more financial support to Ron Paul than any other candidate.
You said it JDC. That is absolutely right. Iraq is now in a civil war and there is no fixing the problem we caused now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min DanFromSmithville 160,851
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Lily Boca Raton Fl 1,220,137
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 10 min Valerie 324,392
How Should the US Government Respond to ISIS? (Sep '14) 11 min Ga Girl 56 3,389
News Clinton charities will refile tax returns, audi... 13 min serfs up 148
News The Latest on GOP's 2016 hopefuls: Cruz on gay ... 13 min Ted Haggard s Gos... 2
News Biden: 'Guys a you have to step up' to fight vi... 16 min Ted Haggard s Gos... 99
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Sunshine 179,134
More from around the web