Internet sales tax progresses in Senate

Internet sales tax progresses in Senate

There are 186 comments on the CBS News story from Apr 23, 2013, titled Internet sales tax progresses in Senate. In it, CBS News reports that:

The bill would empower states to require online retailers to collect state and local sales taxes for purchases made over the Internet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#171 May 8, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts don't lie. teabeggars do.

“True Gun Control”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#172 May 8, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts don't lie. teabeggars do.
That is true, but libeals do.hahahahahahah
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#173 May 8, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your admitting you're a liar is a first step, pinnochio. Now, what the hell is a libeal? Another oxyrushism?

bwahahahahahahahahaha
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#174 May 8, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the bureau of labor statistics:
"In 2012, the union membership rate--the percent of wage and salary workers who were
members of a union--was 11.3 percent, down from 11.8 percent in 2011"
Which is way down from the 1960s when it was more than 3 times higher as a percentage.
Thus since the percentage has dropped by two thirds, I say most. Yes there are still a few unions around, but their power is gone and there are laws against them written by corporate lobbyists to make sure they cannot do anything. The GOP is now trying to complete it's goal of eliminating unions for good.
That might make you happy, knowing there are no checks and balances on the power of corporations to do whatever they want.
Don here is an excerpt to union corruption....A federal investigation into an alleged sex-fueled smuggling scheme between female guards and inmate gang members at the Baltimore City Detention Center has drawn scrutiny to a union-backed "bill of rights" for prison guards that may have contributed to the culture of corruption.

One FBI agent is now claiming the "rights" helped shield bad apples from discipline.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/08/fb...

“True Gun Control”

Perpignan

#175 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Your admitting you're a liar is a first step, pinnochio. Now, what the hell is a libeal? Another oxyrushism?
bwahahahahahahahahaha
Can't be pivot boy. I am not a teabaggers, that's the liberals that want to marry their goats. I do belong the to Tea Party you are terrified of. So you see, as usually you lied and are wrong.
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#176 May 8, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
No one fears them. They're laughed at. And more hated than mooslims, gays and almost as much as the religious right. Atta pookster.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

“True Gun Control”

Perpignan

#177 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
No one fears them. They're laughed at. And more hated than mooslims, gays and almost as much as the religious right. Atta pookster.
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Then why do you attack them pookie. Did you think they were Sarah Palin or something.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#178 May 8, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the bureau of labor statistics:
"In 2012, the union membership rate--the percent of wage and salary workers who were
members of a union--was 11.3 percent, down from 11.8 percent in 2011"
Which is way down from the 1960s when it was more than 3 times higher as a percentage.
Thus since the percentage has dropped by two thirds, I say most. Yes there are still a few unions around, but their power is gone and there are laws against them written by corporate lobbyists to make sure they cannot do anything. The GOP is now trying to complete it's goal of eliminating unions for good.
That might make you happy, knowing there are no checks and balances on the power of corporations to do whatever they want.
Kind of sounds like environmentalists.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#179 May 10, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Unions don't provide checks and balances, employees and employers do. Unions are just another extension of an outdated, over bloated governing body. How many union bosses are actually employed and do the labor that their constituents do? Not many. Since corporations are in the back pocket of our dear government, what type of power is it that you perceive unions have, they are also gubmint shills?
Corporations have tremendous power. They can hire lobbyists to write any laws they want. An individual employee has almost no power at all. If they don't like something, they will simply be fired. Whereas a union can stop work and affect a corporation's bottom line if the corporation gets too abusive.

Both the corporation and union can be compared to a government. The corporation has a CEO at the top making all the rules and if someone doesn't obey, they are eliminated (fired). This is similar to a dictatorship. A union must vote on what they chose to do, like a democracy.

In all the unions I am familiar with, the union leaders were employees and did the labor just like all the others in the union. They did the extra work in their spare time for free.

Corporations are not in the back pocket of government, they own the government. The government is in the back pocket of corporations. Unions if they were allowed to exist could restore some balance and provide a check on corporate power. With the laws written by the corporations, most union power is gone. So you comment that they don't provide a check, is correct; but the unions could. So instead of allowing our government to continue to attack unions, we need to bring them back.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#180 May 10, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Don here is an excerpt to union corruption....A federal investigation into an alleged sex-fueled smuggling scheme between female guards and inmate gang members at the Baltimore City Detention Center has drawn scrutiny to a union-backed "bill of rights" for prison guards that may have contributed to the culture of corruption.
One FBI agent is now claiming the "rights" helped shield bad apples from discipline.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/08/fb...
First I don't believe anything Fox News has to say. They won a court case by saying they have the right to lie to the public, and there are a great many examples of them doing just that.

That being said, there are many examples of corruption in unions. Some people who are elected to run unions do become corrupt, because often power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Other times, corporations infiltrate unions for the purpose of destroying them, and engage in corruption in the name of the union. Other times, corruption is alleged just to damage the union.

I would argue that where there is corruption, it must be rooted out and eliminated. That is not the fault with just unions, as corporations and people in government have even more occurrences of corruption. Power corrupts and that is why we need more checks and balances, not fewer.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#181 May 10, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Corporations have tremendous power. They can hire lobbyists to write any laws they want. An individual employee has almost no power at all. If they don't like something, they will simply be fired. Whereas a union can stop work and affect a corporation's bottom line if the corporation gets too abusive.
Both the corporation and union can be compared to a government. The corporation has a CEO at the top making all the rules and if someone doesn't obey, they are eliminated (fired). This is similar to a dictatorship. A union must vote on what they chose to do, like a democracy.
In all the unions I am familiar with, the union leaders were employees and did the labor just like all the others in the union. They did the extra work in their spare time for free.
Corporations are not in the back pocket of government, they own the government. The government is in the back pocket of corporations. Unions if they were allowed to exist could restore some balance and provide a check on corporate power. With the laws written by the corporations, most union power is gone. So you comment that they don't provide a check, is correct; but the unions could. So instead of allowing our government to continue to attack unions, we need to bring them back.
Who needs unions anyhow? If you don't like your job, find another one. If you can't find another one, start your own business and you call the shots. It's that simple.
Don Joe

Maple Grove, MN

#182 May 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Who needs unions anyhow? If you don't like your job, find another one. If you can't find another one, start your own business and you call the shots. It's that simple.
Yea, and if you are not fabulously wealthy, just curl up and die. It takes a lot of money to start a business, and the labor pool has been so badly flooded there are no other jobs. Count yourself lucky if you even have a job.

Besides it's a really good idea to just let corporations have more and more power. That will eventually lead to having a king, and won't that be just dandy. Ever play monopoly??? Only one winner, everyone else in dire poverty.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#183 May 10, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, and if you are not fabulously wealthy, just curl up and die. It takes a lot of money to start a business, and the labor pool has been so badly flooded there are no other jobs. Count yourself lucky if you even have a job.
Besides it's a really good idea to just let corporations have more and more power. That will eventually lead to having a king, and won't that be just dandy. Ever play monopoly??? Only one winner, everyone else in dire poverty.
This is America. And in America, everybody has opportunity.

You don't have to come from a certain family. You don't have to be a particular race. You don't have to have an education. All you really have to do is be hard working and resist buying everything in town along with avoid having family before you meet your goal.

Does one need to be wealthy to learn the skills of an electrician? A plumber? A carpenter, remodeler or bricklayer? If you acquire any of these skills, it's only a stones throw away to work for yourself.

I'm a truck driver. How did I get into this field of work? Simple. When I knew I needed to make a change, I read the want ads in the paper. I took note that no matter what the economy, there was always a need for experienced truck drivers.

That was over 20 years ago, but the same holds true today. If you want to work, there are plenty of opportunities in transportation. But it's just too much to ask an American today to create their own pathway. Instead, complain about the company you work for and insist somebody force them to pay you more money than you are worth for your non-skilled labor.

Americans today feel it's beyond them to give up the smart phones, the cable television, the high-speed internet, the nice new car. It's beyond most Americans today to take on two jobs or work past 40 hours per week. If I can't make it on 40 hours a week, then damn it, somebody better force my employer to pay me more for that 40 hours.

“True Gun Control”

Perpignan

#184 May 11, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a whiner,
conservative crapola

Bath, PA

#185 May 11, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming from baby huey, you should know about whining. More tapioca, chubby?

hahahahahahahahahaha
Don Joe

Maple Grove, MN

#186 May 11, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
This is America. And in America, everybody has opportunity.
You don't have to come from a certain family. You don't have to be a particular race. You don't have to have an education. All you really have to do is be hard working and resist buying everything in town along with avoid having family before you meet your goal....
Opportunity?? Sorry, the GOP removed that a long time ago. Corporate lobbyists write the laws and they want to make sure corporations don't have any competition cutting into profits. They have passed a great many laws making it near impossible to start your own business.

I went after an education. I got a degree in mathematics and taught high school. It didn't take long to realize that you cannot support yourself and a family on a teacher's salary. So I went back to school to get a degree in engineering. The salaries for engineers was better back then. I used those engineering skills to create many products. I have over 17 patents issued and many more pending.

The problem with starting a company is finding the money to bring your products to market. One of my companies won a NSF grant of $50,000. It required three of our people to attend training in Washington DC. Three people living in hotels in Washington DC for a week takes up a big chunk of $50,000. There were over 200 different companies represented; all with great innovation, fantastic products which would create many jobs and improve life for everyone. There was one question that came up in every session. While appreciating the grant, it wasn't large enough to actually bring the product to market. Where can we find enough money to really get the product going. The question came up so often, the trainers created a special session to address that question. The number one answer, where to get money for your business???? Friends and Family. If you don't have friends and family with lots of money, you more than likely won't get funded. All that innovation, all those products, all those jobs gone because there is no money for starting companies.

And now you claim there is opportunity for all, just work a bit. No, a great many have worked hard, smart and long with no opportunity. You can pay $100,000 or more for an education and not be able to find a job to pay for that education. Luck is where hard work meets opportunity. If you are not willing to work hard, you won't have any luck. The problem is opportunity is gone for everyone not rich.

As to avoiding having a family until you are financially able, that would mean no families for 90% of Americans. I personally know a great many people who did not seek further education simply because they could see that even with an education, they would not be able to find employment so they could pay back all that debt.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#187 May 11, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
And now you claim there is opportunity for all, just work a bit. No, a great many have worked hard, smart and long with no opportunity. You can pay $100,000 or more for an education and not be able to find a job to pay for that education. Luck is where hard work meets opportunity. If you are not willing to work hard, you won't have any luck. The problem is opportunity is gone for everyone not rich.
As to avoiding having a family until you are financially able, that would mean no families for 90% of Americans. I personally know a great many people who did not seek further education simply because they could see that even with an education, they would not be able to find employment so they could pay back all that debt.
Well don't blame big bad corporations for that. Blame your colleges. They are the people who are truly ripping you off. My nephew graduated last year with a masters and has a great job. My niece is still in college but has a grand opportunity waiting for her at the Cleveland Clinic once she graduates.

They both took out loans, worked while in school, and my sister and ex-brother-in-law are saddled with college loans themselves. I know what you're talking about. My sister will be paying off those loans until she's retired.

I don't know what teachers pay where you're at, but over here, they are paid extremely well. One of my former tenants (now friend) is a teacher and brags at how well he's doing. But what strikes me about your post here is that you went into fields of work where there was no demand. That's how you wasted your money. My niece wanted to be a marine biologist. She loves dolphins. But we finally pounded it through her head that there is no demand for marine biologists. So she shifted her focus on medical where there is always plenty of work.

I knew this girl that went to college for four years. Her parents paid for it. She went to college for photography. Photography. She wasted four years of her life and parents money to learn how to take pictures.

Back in the early 80's, I went to a trade school for electronics. I went because the company I worked for wanted me to have a degree in electronics, so I went. They paid for it, but working 50 hours a week and attending school at night was not easy. I also knew there was little work outside of my company that needed people with an associates degree or FCC license.

I went through the first semester. By then I was really getting to be burned out. So at the beginning of the second semester, I asked my teacher what kind of money I would be able to make after I get a one or two year degree? After he told me, I walked out of that school and never went back. All that time wasted to make no money in a career that had little demand.

“True Gun Control”

Perpignan

#188 May 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Coming from baby huey, you should know about whining. More tapioca, chubby?
hahahahahahahahahaha
Noted. More bot babble warning.
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#189 May 12, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why aren't you at the cemetery wishing your mom a Happy Mother's Day?

Has her memory taken a backseat to your hatred?

“True Gun Control”

Perpignan

#190 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Why aren't you at the cemetery wishing your mom a Happy Mother's Day?
Has her memory taken a backseat to your hatred?
Stupidity noted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More fights ahead on Planned Parenthood after S... 1 min Eleanor 1
News Hillary Clinton is promising that all homes wil... 2 min Le Jimbo 140
Time to go? 2 min barefoot2626 2,620
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Rogue Scholar 05 194,782
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Incognito4Ever 1,264,873
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min messianic114 172,044
News Hillary, Bill Clinton earn more than $139M betw... 5 min Synque 59
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min Valerie 336,936
News 5 things about Congress' fight over Planned Par... 6 min Dan 83
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 33 min An NFL Fan 190,530
More from around the web