Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Rem...

Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson

There are 20 comments on the Hispanic Business story from Aug 19, 2014, titled Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson. In it, Hispanic Business reports that:

Eric Holder talks about the nation's civil rights struggles in a way no previous U.S. attorney general could - by telling his own family story.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hispanic Business.

Oh No

Prestonsburg, KY

#1 Aug 19, 2014
Holder is doing nothing more than his usual Obama butt kiss.. The state of Missouri can and would do what is right without the idiots putting their unwanted and unneeded 2 cents in... Stay in Washington where you can butt kiss your boss.
Agar belle

Cotulla, TX

#2 Aug 19, 2014
Oh No wrote:
Holder is doing nothing more than his usual Obama butt kiss.. The state of Missouri can and would do what is right without the idiots putting their unwanted and unneeded 2 cents in... Stay in Washington where you can butt kiss your boss.
stop all food stamps and Medicaid to all protesters causing chaos. That will make em work.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#3 Aug 19, 2014
Oh No wrote:
Those are residents of Missouri but first they are citizens of America.
Shugah

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Aug 20, 2014
Oh I'm soooo happy to know Holder is on board in Ferguson. Those poor store owners wil feel so much better. He and other can fan flames and keep those votes coming in. I hope he keeps his schedule clear since a white guy got the hell beat out of his, so I've read, in Detroit. Bunch of thugs jumped him. They were concerned I guess about civil rights of those in Ferguson. We will wait n watch the discrimination continue. Bet Sharpton will talk about how that mans civil rights were violated. Oh yeah. That's ok. Those rights are only for blacks. I apologize. I forgot again!!!
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#5 Aug 20, 2014
Holder is a fraud he should be in Chicago because 23 people were shot and 7 killed this past week end,

obozo, al notso Sharpton and Jessie fillmypocketsfirst Jackson should all be in Chicago with the 24/7 news coverage finding out why 520 blacks were killed last year by other blacks with unregistered unlicensed guns.

what's wrong with Chicago? one black punk want a be gets killed in ferguson and the sky falls, 520 regular honest black people including a black baby in a drive by shooting in Chicago and nothing happens??

something wrong with this picture

shame on the national press obozo Sharpton Jackson and that lame attorney general for ignoring Chicago.

in the next election blacks in Chicago should return the favor and ignore democrats when they vote
foster

Ashburn, VA

#6 Aug 20, 2014
reality is a crutch wrote:
Holder is a fraud he should be in Chicago because 23 people were shot and 7 killed this past week end,
obozo, al notso Sharpton and Jessie fillmypocketsfirst Jackson should all be in Chicago with the 24/7 news coverage finding out why 520 blacks were killed last year by other blacks with unregistered unlicensed guns.
what's wrong with Chicago? one black punk want a be gets killed in ferguson and the sky falls, 520 regular honest black people including a black baby in a drive by shooting in Chicago and nothing happens??
shame on the national press obozo Sharpton Jackson and that lame attorney general for ignoring Chicago.
in the next election blacks in Chicago should return the favor and ignore democrats when they vote
How did you find out about Chicago, thru the Press?
1 post removed
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#8 Aug 20, 2014
Shugah wrote:
I forgot again!!!
Holder called for "an end to the acts of violence in the streets of Ferguson.''

"Although these acts have been committed by a very small minority — and, in many cases, by individuals from outside Ferguson — they seriously undermine, rather than advance, the cause of justice,'' Holder said. "And they interrupt the deeper conversation that the legitimate demonstrators are trying to advance.''
1 post removed
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#10 Aug 20, 2014
reality is a crutch wrote:
Why is it that so many people who use Topix political discussions to deride and belittle President Obama, General Holder and Reverend Sharpton have yet to master the use of punctuation or capitalization? These learned scholars require the reader to attempt making sense of their ramblings by trying to determine where sentences end and others begin.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#11 Aug 20, 2014
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that so many people who use Topix political discussions to deride and belittle President Obama, General Holder and Reverend Sharpton have yet to master the use of punctuation or capitalization? These learned scholars require the reader to attempt making sense of their ramblings by trying to determine where sentences end and others begin.
Some second thoughts...

Of course, we mustn't fail to consider the possibility that all those monikers may be used by the same person, hence giving the impression that a lot of people who deride and belittle President Obama, General Holder and Reverend Sharpton have yet to master the use of punctuation or capitalization. Some people seem to change their moniker frequently for reasons that are never really clear.

Nor should we fail to appreciate the convenience afforded by those folks who have poor writing skills, but plagiarize the work of others who are reasonably skilled grammarians. Even though illegal and unethical, their criminal theft in fact serves as a major convenience to their readers. Unlike posters who change their moniker more frequently than their underwear, Rand Paul always uses the same name, at least as far as we would know. It's too bad that he doesn't appear to have a loyal follower who's both reasonably literate and willing to volunteer as his ghostwriter, which would cut down on his rampant creative property crime wave.
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#12 Aug 20, 2014
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
kuda.

Yes. You make a powerful argument for Ebonics. Apparently, the Africans are able to understand what their fellow Africans are saying.

Ronald
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#13 Aug 20, 2014
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Some second thoughts...
Of course, we mustn't fail to consider the possibility that all those monikers may be used by the same person, hence giving the impression that a lot of people who deride and belittle President Obama, General Holder and Reverend Sharpton have yet to master the use of punctuation or capitalization. Some people seem to change their moniker frequently for reasons that are never really clear.
Nor should we fail to appreciate the convenience afforded by those folks who have poor writing skills, but plagiarize the work of others who are reasonably skilled grammarians. Even though illegal and unethical, their criminal theft in fact serves as a major convenience to their readers. Unlike posters who change their moniker more frequently than their underwear, Rand Paul always uses the same name, at least as far as we would know. It's too bad that he doesn't appear to have a loyal follower who's both reasonably literate and willing to volunteer as his ghostwriter, which would cut down on his rampant creative property crime wave.
kuda.

Exactly! Because African Ebonics is vague and non-specific, shuck-and-jive Africans have the RIGHT to disavow the meanings of what they have said at some future time. You are also right when you say that Rand Paul is a typical "color-blind" Republican politician.

Ronald
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Aug 20, 2014
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
kuda.
Yes. You make a powerful argument for Ebonics. Apparently, the Africans are able to understand what their fellow Africans are saying.
Ronald
Please re-read my post — more carefully — and you'll note that it merely questions why it is that so many people who use Topix political discussions to deride and belittle President Obama, General Holder and Reverend Sharpton have yet to master the use of punctuation or capitalization, and that it makes no argument for Ebonics, which is a spoken colloquial variant of English and not a proper written language with a structures specifying use of punctuation or capitalization.

I do, however, strongly favor reading English written with reasonably understandable punctuation and capitalization. You demonstrate good command of English as a written language, but you seem to have a problem understanding English that's reasonably well written, such as my post.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Aug 20, 2014
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
kuda.
Exactly! Because African Ebonics is vague and non-specific, shuck-and-jive Africans have the RIGHT to disavow the meanings of what they have said at some future time. You are also right when you say that Rand Paul is a typical "color-blind" Republican politician.
Ronald
Ronald, if you're going to continue responding to my posts, please read them carefully so you can understand them and not misquote me. Your agenda appears to be to demean Ebonics and/or people who speak it, but clearly for some reason, you happen to be so preoccupied with Ebonics, which you misunderstand to be an African language, that you think that's what my post is about. It's not about hat at all.

You also completely misunderstand what I said about Rand Paul. I did not comment that I consider him go be "a typical "color-blind" Republican politician." What I did say — to save you the inconvenience of having to re-read my post more carefully — is: "Unlike posters who change their moniker more frequently than their underwear, Rand Paul always uses the same name, at least as far as we would know. It's too bad that he doesn't appear to have a loyal follower who's both reasonably literate and willing to volunteer as his ghostwriter, which would cut down on his rampant creative property crime wave."
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#16 Aug 20, 2014
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Please re-read my post — more carefully — and you'll note that it merely questions why it is that so many people who use Topix political discussions to deride and belittle President Obama, General Holder and Reverend Sharpton have yet to master the use of punctuation or capitalization, and that it makes no argument for Ebonics, which is a spoken colloquial variant of English and not a proper written language with a structures specifying use of punctuation or capitalization.
I do, however, strongly favor reading English written with reasonably understandable punctuation and capitalization. You demonstrate good command of English as a written language, but you seem to have a problem understanding English that's reasonably well written, such as my post.
kuda.

Yes. I agree. Ebonics and various forms of African music are suitable for those who have unstructured minds. Unfortunately, for an advanced civilization to survive, structure and order are necessary components.

Ronald
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#17 Aug 20, 2014
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
kuda.
Yes. I agree. Ebonics and various forms of African music are suitable for those who have unstructured minds. Unfortunately, for an advanced civilization to survive, structure and order are necessary components.
Ronald
What is it that you think I said that you're agreeing with, Ronald? My sense is that you're intentionally misinterpreting the meaning of my words as an effort to falsely what I say. I deplore racism in any form.

I'll be pleased to have an honest discussion with you, but I'll not implicitly dignify a pretense of racism by continuing to do so. I really don't want to talk about "Africans" talking "Ebonics" or "shucking and jiving," etc. any more than I would want to be part of a Klan rally.

I believe these discussions are important and welcome honest disagreement. I hope you'll agree since you're articulate and write clearly. However, racism is off the table. I appreciate that you haven't insulted me personally by calling me "stupid" or waging other personal insults. Let's talk.
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#18 Aug 20, 2014
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it that you think I said that you're agreeing with, Ronald? My sense is that you're intentionally misinterpreting the meaning of my words as an effort to falsely what I say. I deplore racism in any form.

I'll be pleased to have an honest discussion with you, but I'll not implicitly dignify a pretense of racism by continuing to do so. I really don't want to talk about "Africans" talking "Ebonics" or "shucking and jiving," etc. any more than I would want to be part of a Klan rally.

I believe these discussions are important and welcome honest disagreement. I hope you'll agree since you're articulate and write clearly. However, racism is off the table. I appreciate that you haven't insulted me personally by calling me "stupid" or waging other personal insults. Let's talk.
Kuda.

Yes. I believe we have the basis of understanding. I too deplore "racism" in any form. That is why I do not represent preconceived notions as fact. I believe this is important, especially when the issue is the lynching of White cops for the purpose of redressing past grievances - both real and imagined.

Well-meaning representatives of the White community often ask me why the racists are unwilling to permit the Africans to live amongst their own kind, so that they might be able celebrate their own unique "culture" without interference by the man. I have never been able to give a satisfactory answer.

I recently read an interesting article that was written by the White man, Fred Reed. For your consideration, I am posting below a source link to Reeds' article. I hope you read the article. If you do, please get back with me and tell me what you think.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/o8nq8vz

Ronald
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Aug 20, 2014
Heinrich holder obamas secret police head has assured the fergie homies that full prosecution will commence as soon as all
investigators .. lawyers .. prosecuters .. judges .. jury pool
is all people of color so the police officer gets a fair trial by his peers before he's hanged.
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#20 Aug 20, 2014
Ann Coulter puts Holder to shame in exposing the intentional slandering and libeling of good police by the Marxist media...
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ann-coulter/2014...
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#21 Aug 21, 2014
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Kuda.
Yes. I believe we have the basis of understanding. I too deplore "racism" in any form. That is why I do not represent preconceived notions as fact. I believe this is important, especially when the issue is the lynching of White cops for the purpose of redressing past grievances - both real and imagined.
Well-meaning representatives of the White community often ask me why the racists are unwilling to permit the Africans to live amongst their own kind, so that they might be able celebrate their own unique "culture" without interference by the man. I have never been able to give a satisfactory answer.
I recently read an interesting article that was written by the White man, Fred Reed. For your consideration, I am posting below a source link to Reeds' article. I hope you read the article. If you do, please get back with me and tell me what you think.
Source: http://tinyurl.com/o8nq8vz
Ronald
Eww...
1 post removed
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#23 Aug 21, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you find out about Chicago, thru the Press?
I am from Chicago and follow the news from several news papers on line. 7 blacks were killed last weekend and 23 wounded by black & immigrant drug gangs.

check with Chicago news topix , or the sun times or Chicago tribune news papers.

call the Chicago police and ask them how many people were shot killed and if anyone was arrested. There were 520 black people killed on the south side by other black people last year alone and no one did anything to stop the violence .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 4 min renee 10,168
Time to go? (Jun '15) 9 min Flatnose 12,673
News News Trump on unarmed Clinton guards: 'Let's se... 14 min Synque 735
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 25 min Brian_G 311,867
News Violence breaks out again in US city after poli... 28 min southern at heart 45
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 28 min Mohamed Abdul 1,431,725
News How Lester Holt is Getting Ready for Mondaya s ... 33 min Your Ex 6
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 46 min Brian_G 395,374
News Police in riot-hit Charlotte say shooting victi... 51 min Mark mark 542
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Abe 243,459
More from around the web