Boehner says veterans' claims system is broken

Feb 22, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Times-Standard

U.S. House Speaker John Boehner says the system for handling veterans' disability claims is broken and he wants the head of the Department of Veterans Affairs to explain what is being done to fix it.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Feb 22, 2013

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Newsflash- As a disabled vet I can state without equivocation the VA disability system has BEEN broken for decades.

BOTH Dems and GOPasaurs are responsible for this, especially since they keep voting to send troops to war.

This is a disgrace.

FIX IT NOW!!!!!!!!
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Chalfont, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

I hate to say it but boner may be right. Our veterans are being treated shabbily and it needs to stop NOW!! They were there for us and willing to defend the nation and it is only right that we are there for them especially when they need our assistance! Hopefully no idiots will try to make this a conservative vs liberal issue!
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

The military industrial complex isn't broken, they and congress simply don't need the veterans they have used up and tossed away like used paper towels.
Pills Clinton

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
Newsflash- As a disabled vet I can state without equivocation the VA disability system has BEEN broken for decades.
BOTH Dems and GOPasaurs are responsible for this, especially since they keep voting to send troops to war.
This is a disgrace.
FIX IT NOW!!!!!!!!
does Chucky hate goooo yet!!;)

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

I agree with Sheeple. Tried to help a young vet going to college....all I got was "I'm either away from my desk or....

several calls...finally called Ted Cruz...got some help for him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••