What the 2012 election taught us

Nov 6, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Washington Post

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Comments (Page 76)

Showing posts 1,501 - 1,520 of10,324
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Kayla

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

californio wrote:
<quoted text> But if we do, who going to pay for all the free stuff you liberals want?
We grow our own garden, have chickens, cows, hogs, and do well during hunting season. We don't need you for anything. Are you leaving yet?
Kayla

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

californio wrote:
<quoted text>
You Liberal dont believe Reagan and his foreign policy had anything to do with that. Soviet Union was going to fall do to internal problems no matter what, sooner or later.
The Soviet Union was broke from the prolonged war in Afghanistan, and over spending for the military. Gorbachev did what few people with his power would do. He thought of the people. He knew the system was so corrupt it could not continue. He also knew although it would be very hard for the first years of the change in the end it would be best for the people. Interesting fact. While running for re-election Regan claimed he was the reason for the fall of the Soviet Union. After he won, he phoned Gorbachev, and apologized for saying he was the reason.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Treasury to buy votes? That's what all the losers say.
Etchy refused to show us his returns like ALL POTUS candidates have done. We refused to give Etchy our vote.
Quite simple, really.
Your President refuses to tell the truth about Benghazi, and you still voted for him.

Says more about you than about him, really.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Which is a lot better than keeping Americans from voting.
Oh, you mean like these guys?:

http://www.newsmax.com/US/absentee-ballots-mi...
spud

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes O voters are just truly stupid people, They never watch the news.
Watching the news could be why we elect such useless bufoons. The news confuses people who take it too literally. Sean Hannity is Rachel Madow. Charles Krauthammer is Chris Mathews. Rush Limbaugh is Bill Maher. FOX is MSNBC. They're all giving us the same biased reporting. You can't find a nonpartisan news outlet.
Imhotep

Homosassa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Mitt Romney has barely been seen in public since his not so gracious concession speech from a little over a week ago. When you think about it, I feel a little sorry for Mitt Romney. For the last two years, he's done nothing besides eat, drink and sleep presidential politics. He turned his whole life upside down so that he could run for president. As a matter fact, Mitt Romney spent more than just the last two years running for president. To be honest, Mitt Romney's been running for president for more than a decade. Remember, he ran for Senate in lost. I don't think he ran for Senate because he had some great desire to be a senator. He ran for Senate because he thought it be an excellent steppingstone to the presidency. He ran for governor of Massachusetts and won. He didn't want to be governor of the state of Massachusetts. Instead, he wanted to use it as a springboard into the White House. His plan almost worked.

Today, Mitt Romney stuck his head out of his multimillion dollar mansion just long enough to speak with donors.Mitt Romney could've been gracious. He could've thanked his donors for all their hard work. He could've been magnanimous.

Instead, Mitt Romney was a bowl of sour grapes. The reason that he lost, according to Mitt Romney, was because President Obama "focused on giving targeted groups a big gift." This is the same line of thinking that Bill O'Reilly displayed when he said 50% of Americans simply want stuff from the government.

Mitt Romney didn't lose because he had the nerve to say that illegal (undocumented) immigrants should self deport.(which may be the stupidest idea ever to be uttered by a presidential candidate) He didn't lose because he didn't support the Dream act. Mitt Romney did not lose the election because he alienated women by being completely unclear on multiple issues important to women. He didn't lose because he opposed Obama Care. Instead, he lost because the president appeal to people by offering to give them things. Sour grapes.

Mitt Romney lost the presidential campaign because he didn't understand electoral politics.

I suspect that he sitting around his mansion eating a bowl of sour grapes and spitting the seeds on the floor just so that he can watch the help pick them up. Poor Mitt and his sour grapes.

PS Mitt said on 'day one' he would create 12 million jobs, be can start this crusade by insuring his election staff all get jobs.

He cancelled their credit cards election night.
Imhotep

Homosassa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
Your President refuses to tell the truth about Benghazi, and you still voted for him.
Who is you're president?
postscript

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth according to who? Fox news?
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Funny listening to the liberals defending Obama. They abhor and deride religion at every turn yet offer up such blind faith to one who has continually deceived them.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
Well your sense of truth only exist in an alternate reality. Given that Romney's neighbors didn't support him in the election, the question is why did you?

Oh well there's always next time...... by then Romney will be claiming to have converted to Islam and became a Muslim, he's changed everything else pandering for votes.
spud

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Imhotep wrote:
Mitt Romney has barely been seen in public since his not so gracious concession speech from a little over a week ago. When you think about it, I feel a little sorry for Mitt Romney. For the last two years, he's done nothing besides eat, drink and sleep presidential politics. He turned his whole life upside down so that he could run for president. As a matter fact, Mitt Romney spent more than just the last two years running for president. To be honest, Mitt Romney's been running for president for more than a decade. Remember, he ran for Senate in lost. I don't think he ran for Senate because he had some great desire to be a senator. He ran for Senate because he thought it be an excellent steppingstone to the presidency. He ran for governor of Massachusetts and won. He didn't want to be governor of the state of Massachusetts. Instead, he wanted to use it as a springboard into the White House. His plan almost worked.
Today, Mitt Romney stuck his head out of his multimillion dollar mansion just long enough to speak with donors.Mitt Romney could've been gracious. He could've thanked his donors for all their hard work. He could've been magnanimous.
Instead, Mitt Romney was a bowl of sour grapes. The reason that he lost, according to Mitt Romney, was because President Obama "focused on giving targeted groups a big gift." This is the same line of thinking that Bill O'Reilly displayed when he said 50% of Americans simply want stuff from the government.
Mitt Romney didn't lose because he had the nerve to say that illegal (undocumented) immigrants should self deport.(which may be the stupidest idea ever to be uttered by a presidential candidate) He didn't lose because he didn't support the Dream act. Mitt Romney did not lose the election because he alienated women by being completely unclear on multiple issues important to women. He didn't lose because he opposed Obama Care. Instead, he lost because the president appeal to people by offering to give them things. Sour grapes.
Mitt Romney lost the presidential campaign because he didn't understand electoral politics.
I suspect that he sitting around his mansion eating a bowl of sour grapes and spitting the seeds on the floor just so that he can watch the help pick them up. Poor Mitt and his sour grapes.
PS Mitt said on 'day one' he would create 12 million jobs, be can start this crusade by insuring his election staff all get jobs.
He cancelled their credit cards election night.
There are just too many people who base their votes on idiotic positions.
gossamer

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet you are the one always posting totally false comments. where do you get your news? Seems like a site to avoid...
I watch Fox News and I am more informed than you. Some topics on here I am well informed of and you don't have a clue as to what is happening because you watch MSNBCABCCBSNBCNEWYORKTIMESNEWY OURKPOSTLATIMESASSOCIATEDPRESS .

Watch the above you tube video and tell me you are the same.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Fox News = Stooge Tube!
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
I watch Fox News and I am more informed than you. Some topics on here I am well informed of and you don't have a clue as to what is happening because you watch MSNBCABCCBSNBCNEWYORKTIMESNEWY OURKPOSTLATIMESASSOCIATEDPRESS .
Watch the above you tube video and tell me you are the same.
spud

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Eric Gustafson wrote:
Fox News = Stooge Tube!
<quoted text>
Which begs the question, what major network isn't a Stooge tube?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

spud wrote:
<quoted text>Which begs the question, what major network isn't a Stooge tube?
you got that right.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI Fucktard, the President is not obligated to tell you squat and even if he did tell someone, it wont' be you. People who need to know, do know. You're not one of them now STFU!

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

welfare recipients, food stamps recipients, and unemployment recipients should not be allowed to vote. Unless you are a contributing citizen, you should not vote. the moochers and leeches will only vote for whoever promises them more free shit, which gives us leaders like obama.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Aphelion wrote:
Funny listening to the liberals defending Obama. They abhor and deride religion at every turn yet offer up such blind faith to one who has continually deceived them.
lol! Funny how there wasn't much positive cons could push on Romney.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

spud wrote:
<quoted text>Which begs the question, what major network isn't a Stooge tube?
Well, news corp was caught in performing illegal activities.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

We were taught that the NAZI FASCIST THEOCRATIC PLUTOCRATIC GOP BS WONT BE TOLERATED ANYMORE.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,501 - 1,520 of10,324
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••