What the 2012 election taught us

Nov 6, 2012 Full story: The Washington Post 10,324

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Full Story
jackson

Lexington, KY

#7309 Jan 28, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean do I condemn things that I think are wrong? Sure I do. Why shouldn't I?
If you are trying to win some sort of argument with me, you might want to actually make an argument first.
Yet you condemn the republicans as obstructionist when they're only voting against those things with which they disagree. They think what Obama wants is wrong -- but you villify them for standing their ground?
But you don't see it, do you? You don't get that you're doing the same thing you're accusing the right of.
You can disagree with something and stand your ground, but the right can't?
wow

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7310 Jan 28, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, all those Americans who voted in the last election were NOT voting for Mitt (47 percenter) ROmney because they hate Amerika.
You guys are a hoot!
The obama voter is like Obama, they care nothing for the country or the people, only themselves.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#7311 Jan 28, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>
The poor rugby voters were too stupid to see they were scammed, tubby.

AUcry-a-thon: Day 83

Location hidden

#7312 Jan 28, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the right wing teabaggers beleive that the reason they lost is because they weren't CRAZY ENOUGH! According to their reasoning, the voters rejected them because they were too "moderate". lol
Its like hearing John Dillinger argue that the cops were against him because he wasn't robbing enough banks.
The children rejected responsibility and love of country for themselves. Without the MSM selling Obama's wares and giving his screw ups and failures cover, he wouldn't be dog catcher.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#7313 Jan 28, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
Look at every poll. Chris Christi created a 5-point swing when he sabotaged the election and publicly insulted Romney, then in the very next movement he pranced around with Obama all day. Relate that to the final outcome. Without that 5-point swing, Obama loses.
And, nobody believes your numbers, anyway. There were over 60 precincts identified where not one single voter, not one, out of hundreds of thousands pressed the wrong button by mistake.
That is an impossibility.
It's child's play to find the polling places where programs were written to steal 100 percent of the vote. It's virtually impossible to find the polling places where programs were written to steal one in three or one in four votes.
Given all the votes stolen, Obama still needed Chris Christi to sabotagte the election to win in addition to stealing an uncountable number of votes.
By the way, the Democrats rewarded Christi for sabotaging the election by making him uncontested in the next election for governor.
Since the Democrats destroyed our democracy, and the Democrats are openly attempting to establish another government aside from the government described in the Constitution, I just don't see how a civil war can be avoided... unless you can convince the millions of Americans who took the oath they made to defend the Constitution seriously to just lay down and let you install your fascist dictatorship.
... I don't see that happening.
you have said more about the thought process of the right wing of American politics than i could say in a thousand lifetimes

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#7314 Jan 28, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you condemn the republicans as obstructionist when they're only voting against those things with which they disagree. They think what Obama wants is wrong -- but you villify them for standing their ground?
But you don't see it, do you? You don't get that you're doing the same thing you're accusing the right of.
You can disagree with something and stand your ground, but the right can't?
wow
it depends upon if you accept the concept of politics and America as a all or nothing, zero sum game or if the concept of working together on most things. Accepting the fact that you will never get all of what you want.
You can disagree. Air those issues out fully , but at some point there has to be some flexibility .

Location hidden

#7315 Jan 28, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
it depends upon if you accept the concept of politics and America as a all or nothing, zero sum game or if the concept of working together on most things. Accepting the fact that you will never get all of what you want.
You can disagree. Air those issues out fully , but at some point there has to be some flexibility .
As long as Obama says my way or the highway, there will be no flexibility, nor will their with Reid blocking 28 bills, then trying to blame republicans as being obstructionist.

Since: Jan 13

Largo, FL

#7316 Jan 28, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>The children rejected responsibility and love of country for themselves. Without the MSM selling Obama's wares and giving his screw ups and failures cover, he wouldn't be dog catcher.
The American voters heard all the arguments on both sides. Then they decided for themselves which candidates, and which party, made the most sense to them, and they voted accordingly. The do so every four years.

They heard your point of view non-stop since 2008. They heard all of your arguments that Obama is a Marxist, a Muslim, that he was not born in the US, that he hates America and wants to destroy it, etc. The American people heard your message loud and clear. And they decided that you're nuts. It's that simple.

Location hidden

#7317 Jan 28, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
The American voters heard all the arguments on both sides. Then they decided for themselves which candidates, and which party, made the most sense to them, and they voted accordingly. The do so every four years.
They heard your point of view non-stop since 2008. They heard all of your arguments that Obama is a Marxist, a Muslim, that he was not born in the US, that he hates America and wants to destroy it, etc. The American people heard your message loud and clear. And they decided that you're nuts. It's that simple.
You would not say they heard anything other than what the MSM wanted them to hear. If you say the interviews on the streets, the Detroit Phone video's and those in most major cities, three forths of the college students didn't even know what Benghazi was. The MSM masked it well.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#7318 Jan 28, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of those voters only heard the federal cash register ringing, another direct deposit hitting their accounts..
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#7319 Jan 28, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>You would not say they heard anything other than what the MSM wanted them to hear. If you say the interviews on the streets, the Detroit Phone video's and those in most major cities, three forths of the college students didn't even know what Benghazi was. The MSM masked it well.
Look MSM is part of US faux Media /Corporatist impact control... Obma Adm is following most of radical right wing warring Agenda of the Bushjr & Co Foreign policy - The PNAC agenda, war-for-profitering to Hegemonic global aspiration .... as you right wing Pee-brain, you brung most of this big mess upon us all at home and worldwide, you war mongering Simpleton are ones had put the US into path of a morally and financially bankrupted nation; i mean a Militaristic US intervenionistic Imperialist up to no good!
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#7320 Jan 28, 2013
ADD! Not a liberal , and sure not a Conservatives as very few left as most are war mongering Neocons .

Largo, FL

#7321 Jan 28, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>You would not say they heard anything other than what the MSM wanted them to hear. If you say the interviews on the streets, the Detroit Phone video's and those in most major cities, three forths of the college students didn't even know what Benghazi was. The MSM masked it well.
Well, all I know is that the right wingers are always boasting about how powerful their message is. Don't you guys always brag about how Rush Limbaugh has the most listeners? Doesn't Fox News claim to be "the most trusted cable news network"? Isn't Bill O'Reilly the most watched show on cable news?

It sounds to me like the problem isn't that your message didnt get out. I think the problem for you is that your message DID get out.

Largo, FL

#7322 Jan 28, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of those voters only heard the federal cash register ringing, another direct deposit hitting their accounts..
As long as you keep believing that, your side will continue to lose. You need to face reality. The GOP didn't lose because Obama and the Democrats handed out "free stuff" or gave cash incentives to vote for them.

Consider this: I voted for Obama, and I know a lot of people who also voted for Obama. And neither myself, nor anyone I know received any "free stuff" or cash incentives to vote for him.

When you let the right wing talkers convince you that "free stuff" is the reason you lost, you are being played for a sucker (again).

Think about this: the same guys who told you that Mitt would win in a landslide are now telling you that he never had a chance. Does that really make any sense?

In other words, if all this business about "takers outnumbering the makers" is true, why didn't Rush, Dick Morris, O'Reilly, etc. tell you about it BEFORE the election?

Location hidden

#7323 Jan 28, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Look MSM is part of US faux Media /Corporatist impact control... Obma Adm is following most of radical right wing warring Agenda of the Bushjr & Co Foreign policy - The PNAC agenda, war-for-profitering to Hegemonic global aspiration .... as you right wing Pee-brain, you brung most of this big mess upon us all at home and worldwide, you war mongering Simpleton are ones had put the US into path of a morally and financially bankrupted nation; i mean a Militaristic US intervenionistic Imperialist up to no good!
Swallow, now what did you say?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#7324 Jan 28, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Right Wing Loon,
Thank you for your interest in my recent Topix post. Although you babbling reply was mostly unintelligible, please be assured that you opinion is very important to me and my staff, as we are always anxious to hear from the mentally challenged. We will make every effort to respond to you within the next 7 to 10 business days. Until then, please feel free to continue drooling, crying, and soiling yourself over the recent election, in which Barak Hussein Obama so thoroughly humiliated you, as he will no doubt continue to do over the course of the next four years.
Best Wishes as you continue to live the life of a sad and angry failure,
Calm Liberal
Calm Liberal Enterprises, LTD.
123 Liberal Lane
Washington, D.C.
It seems the post still applies. You haven't addressed any of the statements. Perhaps your attention span was exceeded with more than a couple of sentences.
I'll help you. Here's the post again so you can choose statements you disagree with and deliver a discussion as to why you disagree:

You seem to be intentionally ignoring this blatant fact:
Look at every poll. Chris Christi created a 5-point swing when he sabotaged the election and publicly insulted Romney, then in the very next movement he pranced around with Obama all day. Relate that to the final outcome. Without that 5-point swing, Obama loses.
And, nobody believes your numbers, anyway. There were over 60 precincts identified where not one single voter, not one, out of hundreds of thousands pressed the wrong button by mistake.
It's child's play to find the polling places where programs were written to steal 100 percent of the vote. It's virtually impossible to find the polling places where programs were written to steal one in three or one in four votes.
Given all the votes stolen, Obama still needed Chris Christi to sabotagte the election to win in addition to stealing an uncountable number of votes.
By the way, the Democrats rewarded Christi for sabotaging the election by making him uncontested in the next election for governor.
Since the Democrats destroyed our democracy, and the Democrats are openly attempting to establish another government aside from the government described in the Constitution, I just don't see how a civil war can be avoided... unless you can convince the millions of Americans who took the oath they made to defend the Constitution seriously to just lay down and let you install your fascist dictatorship.

Location hidden

#7325 Jan 28, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
ADD! Not a liberal , and sure not a Conservatives as very few left as most are war mongering Neocons .
Seven die in fire in Bangladeshi, 250 die in fire in Brazil. Liberals are asking congress to ban fires now due to mass killings that are caused by it through out the world. Liberals are getting negative feed back from their base of arsonist.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#7326 Jan 28, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
you have said more about the thought process of the right wing of American politics than i could say in a thousand lifetimes
thought process.... right wing....

The Constitution is dead center. A Constitutionalist is, by definition, a centrist. Your perspective is so distorted, you see dead center as far (whatever it is you describe yourself as not).

The thought process you were responding to was the comparison of observations with actual historic fact. Let's review:

CBOW

Dover, PA

#7327 Jan 28, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you keep believing that, your side will continue to lose. You need to face reality. The GOP didn't lose because Obama and the Democrats handed out "free stuff" or gave cash incentives to vote for them.
Consider this: I voted for Obama, and I know a lot of people who also voted for Obama. And neither myself, nor anyone I know received any "free stuff" or cash incentives to vote for him.
When you let the right wing talkers convince you that "free stuff" is the reason you lost, you are being played for a sucker (again).
Think about this: the same guys who told you that Mitt would win in a landslide are now telling you that he never had a chance. Does that really make any sense?
In other words, if all this business about "takers outnumbering the makers" is true, why didn't Rush, Dick Morris, O'Reilly, etc. tell you about it BEFORE the election?
Sorry, pal, but I have been in business and on this planet long enough to know that the 47% do indeed exist. They are the one's who made up a significant percentage of the vote for the dems. Those are not rep/conservative talking points. THEY ARE FACTS. Never bite the hand that feeds you.......

Largo, FL

#7328 Jan 28, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, pal, but I have been in business and on this planet long enough to know that the 47% do indeed exist. They are the one's who made up a significant percentage of the vote for the dems. Those are not rep/conservative talking points. THEY ARE FACTS. Never bite the hand that feeds you.......
If this is true, then why didn't Rush, Dick Morris, O'Reilly, etc. tell you about it BEFORE the election? The right wing echo chamber repeatedly predicted a big Romney win. Not once before the election did I hear any of them say, "Well, of course, the Democrats have an evil army of leeches that will probably out number us God-fearin', gun-totin' patriots. So we might as well expect to lose, cause them dang takers just have us makers outnumbered."

Did you hear anything like that BEFORE the election? No. Instead, you heard Bill O'Reilly repeatedly say, "The President is in big trouble heading into the election." And you heard Morris say, "Romney will win by a landslide. He'll get about 55 percent of the popular vote and about 320 electoral votes."

The only reason they came up with that "takers vs makers" nonsense is because they needed to explain how they blew the election predictions, and quick, lest their right wing rube listeners turn on them. So what could be more perfect than telling the rubes, "Oh, the reason you lost is because you are so morally superior, and we forgot that the true-blue, hard-working patriots are in the minority".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Jacques Ottawa 184,764
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min red and right 1,189,272
Obama calls out GOP on immigration policy 6 min theidiotsareunited 42
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min Agents of Corruption 312,142
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min adamski 51,329
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... 11 min Islam Forbids 1,983
Scott Walker has no college degree. That's norm... 22 min barefoot2626 1,640
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 24 min American Lady 171,470
Giuliani explains why Obama doesn't love America 56 min mjjcpa 332
More from around the web