What the 2012 election taught us

What the 2012 election taught us

There are 10323 comments on the The Washington Post story from Nov 6, 2012, titled What the 2012 election taught us. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#6172 Jan 10, 2013
Who was farmers agemt who X factored blue U.S. Gov book. LOL Safer World 2013

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#6173 Jan 10, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
If you chose to remain woefully ignorant, why should I show concern for that?
You are asking questions the same as Faux news and they have been answered and YOU refuse to ingest the information...Not my fault.
Why should I answer again? I've seen other answers to your bullshit from other posters and YOU still chose to remain stuck on stupid. A Faux news trait all day long and good for you.
If you read for comprehension and stop looking at the pictures, I assure you, things will become crystal clear. You are so engulfed with the smoke and mirrors of the right wingnut drivel, you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.
Fkn pathetic.
Since you seem to have information that we don't have, perhaps you can bo of some help to us. You are interested in helping the American people understand what happens in our government, right?
Please help us and tell us the answers to the questions below:

Where exactly was Obama during the 7-hour battle between Al Qaeda and the stripped-down American security forces in Benghazi while the real-time video was being watched in the White House?

Because your source for news keeps you well-informed, you should have no problem telling us the source of money to pay for Obama's government.

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

So, what did CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC and MSNBC say the answers to these questions were?

You have to give a location to answer the first question, and identify a source of money to answer the second question.

Thanks. Just like we adhere to the philosophy of helping ANYONE who is willing to help themselves, please provide us with the answers to these questions.
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#6174 Jan 10, 2013
Drunken General South cost Lee the war should have smoked cigar all the way. Could be reason U.S. Military does not like drinking on duty. Squad leader drunk whiskey from canteen in Europe Vietnam Vet was well liked called me hillbilly and got away with on duty drinking. Safer World 2013

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6175 Jan 10, 2013
Jack wrote:
Can Obama write and excutive order allowing him to run for a third term? There is no one who can take his place.
No he can't. The bigger question is what will the establishment republicans and the citizens do if he tries for a third term or to unsurp the second ammendment. Remember he is a billion hollow points ahead of us already. Will there be another shot heard around the world?

Location hidden

#6176 Jan 10, 2013
From the Russian People Who Should Know.........

PRAVDA: America,'Never give up your guns'...
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#6177 Jan 10, 2013
United State Military schools study South Tactics to this day Generals well respected Forts named after Southern Generals. South is not hated by North reunited. GF008 Safer World 2013
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#6178 Jan 10, 2013
I have even glanced at Napoleans defeat at Waterloo and Hitlers defeat at Stalingrad. NATO Safer World 2013

Since: Jan 13

Largo, FL

#6179 Jan 10, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>No he can't. The bigger question is what will the establishment republicans and the citizens do if he tries for a third term or to unsurp the second ammendment. Remember he is a billion hollow points ahead of us already. Will there be another shot heard around the world?
The only part of your post that makes any sense are the first three words. But you couldn't leave well enough alone. You had to keep talking and thus, reveal your utter stupidity. Obama can not, and will not, "try for a third term". You right wing loons said that same thing about Clinton in the months before the 2000 elections. Clinton is going to suspend the constitution, he is going to dissolve Congress, etc, etc. Do you lunatics ever get tired of demonstrating your stupidity and paranoia?

On the suject of your stupidity, there is no such word as "unsurp", professor. I think you mean "usurp the second ammendment". But even that doesn't make any sense. An amendment can not be usurped. It can be repealed, but no president has the power to to that on his own authority.

And where does Obama keep his "billion hollow points"? In his overcoat pocket? Obama has never been a dictator, he is not a dictator now, and will he will not be a dictator in the future. For goodness sakes, wake up, you paranoid imbecile, and try to remember what country you're living in. I know reality can be boring, but it's all us normal people have.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#6180 Jan 10, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, takers vs makers. Aint it awful how us liberals keep talkin' back to our betters?
Funny thing is, I'm a taxpayer. There are 10 people who work at the same office I do. Politics is discussed vigorously in our workplace during breaks. And you know what? Out of those 10 people, only 4 voted for Romney. 5 of us voted for Obama. And one person simply doesn't vote. So your theory that we liberals are just non-working, non-taxpaying leeches is a myth, a bill of good you have been sold to explain Romney's failure to win. Romney makes some off hand slanderous remark about Democratic voters, and you just mindlessly repeat it. "47 per cent...47 per cent" like some right wing zombie.
Let me put it another way. Romney lied to you. Your side didn't lose because there is something wrong with the majority of voters. You lost because there is something wrong with YOU.
Deluded loon.
romney lied? Has obama done any lying? you libs are just too easy....

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#6181 Jan 10, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, takers vs makers. Aint it awful how us liberals keep talkin' back to our betters?
Funny thing is, I'm a taxpayer. There are 10 people who work at the same office I do. Politics is discussed vigorously in our workplace during breaks. And you know what? Out of those 10 people, only 4 voted for Romney. 5 of us voted for Obama. And one person simply doesn't vote. So your theory that we liberals are just non-working, non-taxpaying leeches is a myth, a bill of good you have been sold to explain Romney's failure to win. Romney makes some off hand slanderous remark about Democratic voters, and you just mindlessly repeat it. "47 per cent...47 per cent" like some right wing zombie.
Let me put it another way. Romney lied to you. Your side didn't lose because there is something wrong with the majority of voters. You lost because there is something wrong with YOU.
Deluded loon.
Let's see who's lying to us....

Where exactly was Obama during the 7-hour battle between Al Qaeda and the stripped-down American security forces in Benghazi while the real-time video was being watched in the White House?

And;

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

And;

Why hasn't there been a budget for the government since Obama became president?
(You may want to see Obama's specific answer on that one, and watch him speak what he and everyone on the planet knows to be an obvious lie.)
brown eyes

Blacksburg, VA

#6182 Jan 10, 2013
Pink Panther you are so good who killed nurse whose remains were found by coke ovens by VP1 Occidental Petroleum shaft mine side of highway in pine trees on right side of highway enroute to Hell Creek Novia Scotia. Big Foot once admitted to this crime. Safer World 2013

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#6183 Jan 10, 2013
au contraire wrote:
From the Russian People Who Should Know.........
PRAVDA: America,'Never give up your guns'...
Russia has serious intent to have a partner relationship with the United States. The only obstacle to that today is the Democrats control of government.
And, in case nobody here is aware of this, the entire population of Russia was howling with laughter after the election.

Location hidden

#6184 Jan 10, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
The only part of your post that makes any sense are the first three words. But you couldn't leave well enough alone. You had to keep talking and thus, reveal your utter stupidity. Obama can not, and will not, "try for a third term". You right wing loons said that same thing about Clinton in the months before the 2000 elections. Clinton is going to suspend the constitution, he is going to dissolve Congress, etc, etc. Do you lunatics ever get tired of demonstrating your stupidity and paranoia?
On the suject of your stupidity, there is no such word as "unsurp", professor. I think you mean "usurp the second ammendment". But even that doesn't make any sense. An amendment can not be usurped. It can be repealed, but no president has the power to to that on his own authority.
And where does Obama keep his "billion hollow points"? In his overcoat pocket? Obama has never been a dictator, he is not a dictator now, and will he will not be a dictator in the future. For goodness sakes, wake up, you paranoid imbecile, and try to remember what country you're living in. I know reality can be boring, but it's all us normal people have.
Since a liberal proposed it during Clintons terms, and it was proposed in Obama's first term and now again at the beginning of his second term........what are we to think from men that have taken an oath to uphold the constitution but continue to try and break it.
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#6185 Jan 10, 2013
President Obama works fast as does silent treatment organization. U.S. Congress argues about taxes and is slow. GF008 Safer World 2013

Largo, FL

#6186 Jan 10, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
romney lied? Has obama done any lying? you libs are just too easy....
I can't really think of any lies Obama has told. I don't think he has ever lied to me about YOU. Whereas, Romney did lie to you about ME.

Largo, FL

#6187 Jan 10, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Since a liberal proposed it during Clintons terms, and it was proposed in Obama's first term and now again at the beginning of his second term........what are we to think from men that have taken an oath to uphold the constitution but continue to try and break it.
You say "a liberal proposed it during Clinton's terms and it was proposed in Obama's first term and now again at the beginning of his second term". What is "it"? You mean a repeal of the Second Amendment?

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#6188 Jan 10, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't really think of any lies Obama has told. I don't think he has ever lied to me about YOU. Whereas, Romney did lie to you about ME.
if you can't find or think of a single lie that obama has told, then there is no need for further discussion.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#6189 Jan 10, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
If you insist on posting your asinine, arrogant, pompous comments than be prepared to be called what you are in return, an arrogant, pompous leftist.

Largo, FL

#6190 Jan 10, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
if you can't find or think of a single lie that obama has told, then there is no need for further discussion.
I guess you think yourself clever. You have "proven" that Obama is a liar, without actually citing a single lie. I didn't accuse Obama of lying, you did.

If you can prove Obama is a liar, do so.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#6191 Jan 10, 2013
Barack Obama won the election because he is actually more in tune with what the average American wanted. The average American voter sees every American as part of his tribe, even if he does not like that person or his/her politics.

On the other hand, the Republicans were practicing a policy of exclusion, where various people, such as the "47%" were declared to be outsiders.

The implication of this is that they were not deserving of various rights as Americans. Every person who has ever felt the sting of social exclusion therefore tended to vote for Barack Obama rather than Mitt Romney.

Barack Obama thus won his second election as president of the UNITED States.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Chicagoan by Birth 1,278,373
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Jacques in Orleans 197,157
News GOP establishment plans Trump takedown 4 min spocko 203
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min An NFL Fan 194,264
News Kentucky clerka s defiance on same-sex marriage... 7 min spocko 28
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 10 min woodtick57 12,918
News Cheneys liken Iran nuclear deal to Munich pact 11 min spocko 63
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min red and tight 174,031
News Judge jails Kentucky clerk for refusing marriag... 35 min woodtick57 190
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 50 min positronium 341,555
More from around the web