What the 2012 election taught us

Nov 6, 2012 Full story: The Washington Post 10,324

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Full Story
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#5172 Dec 6, 2012
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Spare me.
Look it up...I forgot where I read it, or I'd cite it.

"Selfish people are NEVER happy-and neither are those OPPRESSED by them" Anonymous.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#5173 Dec 6, 2012
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, it's not going to be easy. On the other hand, they're bailin', big time. These are no good samaritans we're talking about here. Logically speaking, this looks more and more like yellow-bellied abandonment of a sinking ship. Reminds me of the men who dressed in women's clothing in order to sneak onto the sinking Titanic's lifeboats with the other "women and children" who were taken off the ship first and eventually survived.
Somehow I can't picture John Boehner in a hoopskirt.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#5174 Dec 6, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice avatar quote :-)
Are we not all children of one father, as it is said in religious language? Indeed, even the divinization of humanity, as an abstract totality, would not be in the spirit of that ideal. It is only to the individual that a soul is given. And the high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule, or to impose himself in any other way.(Albert E)
Thank you.
Some Random Dude

Santa Cruz, CA

#5175 Dec 6, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Somehow I can't picture John Boehner in a hoopskirt.
Now there's a visual I could have lived without.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#5176 Dec 6, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you.
You're welcome!

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#5177 Dec 6, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
LOL!! Thanks!

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#5178 Dec 6, 2012
Some Random Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Now there's a visual I could have lived without.
Agreed! The laugh was a good, hearty one though, and that is always worth it.
gossamer

Warren, MI

#5179 Dec 6, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>remember Bush Bankrupt the country and Conservatives know it.
BRUCE BARTLETT: Bankrupt America? Yes, I think that we have had something like a $20 trillion increase in the national debt under this president's watch and I think that one of these days, I don't know when, but one of these days, the chickens are going to come home to roost.
http://www.deepjournal.com/p/7/a/en/590.html
Impostor: How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy
by Bruce Bartlett
http://www.conservativebookservice.com/produc...
Bush this Bush that blah blah blah.
gossamer

Warren, MI

#5180 Dec 6, 2012
Obamahammed wrote:
More proof of what a failure Obama is:
Harry Reid Blocks Vote on Obama Plan to Avert Fiscal Cliff
On Wednesday, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) turned down an opportunity to allow the Senate to vote on President Barack Obama’s proposal to avert the fiscal cliff, proving that Obama’s plan is so unreasonable that Senate Democrats do not even want to vote for it. by Tony Lee 6 Dec 2012, 6:10 AM PDT
He can't even get lunatic traitor Harry "the hack" Reid on board.
We know what a failure Obama is. Don't expect the left to see what a failure he is they are failures too.

Why else would they want to take a perfectly great country and change it?

They can't exceed in the ideals the founders laid out.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5181 Dec 6, 2012
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush this Bush that blah blah blah.
that is a Psuedo Liberal for you.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#5182 Dec 6, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
lol! I wonder if Bachmann would change her tune then?
Stoneman

Boise, ID

#5183 Dec 6, 2012
Hey!

Anybody notice that unemployment went up to 8.3% last month? Or are we so accustomed to high unemployment that it doesn't make news?

Anybody notice that gas is still around $3.50-$4.00/gallon? Or have we completely forgotten that it was around $2.00 when Lord took office?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#5184 Dec 6, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Something we can agree on - one of the first pieces I ever played in a jazz band. He had a good innings at 91.
I'm sure we'd agree on a lot of things. When you ignore religion and politics, that's usually the case.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5185 Dec 6, 2012
Stoneman wrote:
Hey!
Anybody notice that unemployment went up to 8.3% last month? Or are we so accustomed to high unemployment that it doesn't make news?
Anybody notice that gas is still around $3.50-$4.00/gallon? Or have we completely forgotten that it was around $2.00 when Lord took office?
Real unemployment is higher than what is being reported and State and the Federal Governments want to keep gas prices high which creates more Tax Revenue.

“Ignore the trolls”

Since: Oct 08

Poole, UK

#5186 Dec 7, 2012
booligan wrote:
<quoted text>I say we need to tap into that 47% and make them pay.
Usual incorrect statistic - can't even be bothered to correct it as whilst Republicans continue to chuck it around, it proves the 2012 election taught them absolutely nothing. I take it you are aware that all the members of the US armed forces fall into the 47% category?

“Ignore the trolls”

Since: Oct 08

Poole, UK

#5187 Dec 7, 2012
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure we'd agree on a lot of things. When you ignore religion and politics, that's usually the case.
Very true!
gossamer

Warren, MI

#5188 Dec 7, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Real unemployment is higher than what is being reported and State and the Federal Governments want to keep gas prices high which creates more Tax Revenue.
Thats the plan high unemployment more dependent on the government which means more government control.

Don't try to ecplain this to a Liberal. They are failures. They were failures under the old plan so they think they will not be failures under a new plan that this country was not founded on.
Some Random Dude

Santa Cruz, CA

#5189 Dec 7, 2012
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats the plan high unemployment more dependent on the government which means more government control.
Don't try to ecplain this to a Liberal. They are failures. They were failures under the old plan so they think they will not be failures under a new plan that this country was not founded on.
Kind of like how the conservative plan of the last decade failed, yet conservatives want to bring it back?
Some Random Dude

Santa Cruz, CA

#5190 Dec 7, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>that is a Psuedo Liberal for you.
Right. If we can look back on his presidency and deduce that any of our problems could be a result of his policies, he must be a liberal right? Don't wanna own ANY conservative failure, do we?
Some Random Dude

Santa Cruz, CA

#5191 Dec 7, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Real unemployment is higher than what is being reported and State and the Federal Governments want to keep gas prices high which creates more Tax Revenue.
I'm sure the high gas prices have nothing whatever to do with higher profits, do they?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 5 min Isaiah 29-13 1,468
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min red and right 293,249
Obama: Keystone benefits for U.S. consumers, wo... 6 min tha Professor 48
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min SobieskiSavedEurope 132,842
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Mothra 49,231
Is "Big Mike" Brown's Corpse Rotting Yet? 9 min SameGuyAgain 3
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 10 min tha Professor 303
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,154,198
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 21 min Lawrence Wolf 739
More from around the web