What the 2012 election taught us

What the 2012 election taught us

There are 10313 comments on the The Washington Post story from Nov 6, 2012, titled What the 2012 election taught us. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#5153 Dec 6, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where I think that changing tax loopholes would be a better solution than raising taxes.
which tax loopholes are those?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#5154 Dec 6, 2012
lakerbuff wrote:
nothing
I disagree!
Obamahammed

Aurora, CO

#5155 Dec 6, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>remember Bush Bankrupt the country and Conservatives know it.
BRUCE BARTLETT: Bankrupt America? Yes, I think that we have had something like a $20 trillion increase in the national debt under this president's watch and I think that one of these days, I don't know when, but one of these days, the chickens are going to come home to roost.
http://www.deepjournal.com/p/7/a/en/590.html
Impostor: How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy
by Bruce Bartlett
http://www.conservativebookservice.com/produc...
Lies, lies and more lies, post it 100 times, no one is buying it. Dumbass Obama has been president for 4 years, he owns it all:

by Thomas J. DiLorenzo

The thousands of mortgage defaults and foreclosures in the "subprime" housing market (i.e., mortgage holders with poor credit ratings) is the direct result of thirty years of government policy that has forced banks to make bad loans to un-creditworthy borrowers. The policy in question is the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which compels banks to make loans to low-income borrowers and in what the supporters of the Act call "communities of color" that they might not otherwise make based on purely economic criteria.

The original lobbyists for the CRA were the hardcore leftists who supported the Carter administration and were often rewarded for their support with government grants and programs like the CRA that they benefited from. These included various "neighborhood organizations," as they like to call themselves, such as "ACORN" (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now). These organizations claim that over $1 trillion in CRA loans have been made, although no one seems to know the magnitude with much certainty. A U.S. Senate Banking Committee staffer told me about ten years ago that at least $100 billion in such loans had been made in the first twenty years of the Act.

So-called "community groups" like ACORN benefit themselves from the CRA through a process that sounds like legalized extortion. The CRA is enforced by four federal government bureaucracies: the Fed, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The law is set up so that any bank merger, branch expansion, or new branch creation can be postponed or prohibited by any of these four bureaucracies if a CRA "protest" is issued by a "community group." This can cost banks great sums of money, and the "community groups" understand this perfectly well. It is their leverage. They use this leverage to get the banks to give them millions of dollars as well as promising to make a certain amount of bad loans in their communities.
Obamahammed

Aurora, CO

#5156 Dec 6, 2012
More proof of what a failure Obama is:

Harry Reid Blocks Vote on Obama Plan to Avert Fiscal Cliff
On Wednesday, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) turned down an opportunity to allow the Senate to vote on President Barack Obama’s proposal to avert the fiscal cliff, proving that Obama’s plan is so unreasonable that Senate Democrats do not even want to vote for it. by Tony Lee 6 Dec 2012, 6:10 AM PDT

He can't even get lunatic traitor Harry "the hack" Reid on board.
Obamahammed

Aurora, CO

#5157 Dec 6, 2012
More big government waste that progressives/libs/dems/nazis love and want:

DoD Spends $100,000 Studying Whether Jesus Died for Klingons
Senator Tom Coburn’s (R-OK) latest report on spending by the Department of Defense shows, among other things, defense spending being used for lecture series involving fictional alien species.“Did Jesus Die for Klingons too?” was just one session at a recent workshop funded by the Defense Advances Research Projects Agency. by Jaci Greggs 5 Dec 2012
Obamahammed

Aurora, CO

#5158 Dec 6, 2012
Wasn't Clinton perfect?

To Hit Clinton Spending Levels, Obama Would Have to Cut 37% From Budget
The White House has proclaimed for all to hear that the Bill Clinton tax rates created magical years of prosperity. By the same token, they don’t actually want to return to the Clinton tax rates for those earning less than $250,000 per year. But they ignore the biggest fact of all: Bill Clinton never spent like Barack Obama. by Ben Shapiro 5 Dec 2012

What happened?
Obamahammed

Aurora, CO

#5159 Dec 6, 2012
Be careful what you wish for:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012 ...

Why America Is Going To Miss The Bush Tax Cuts

President Obama seems to have a strategy to terminate all of the Bush tax cuts, not just those for “the rich,” as he has been saying since 2008. He is offering the Republicans exactly zero concessions in the “fiscal cliff” negotiations. No spending cuts, no entitlement reform, no compromise on the rates. It is entirely my way or the highway, and if the Republicans refuse to do everything exactly as he demands, he will let the Bush tax cuts expire entirely, for the middle class and working people as well as the upper incomes, and blame the Republicans for refusing to go along with him, and for the economic results.

Because so many major media institutions, like the New York Times and the Washington Post, have been so duplicitous and dishonest in discussing the Bush tax cuts, most Americans don’t know much about them, even though they have been living with them for 10 years or more now. Indeed, most of what they think they know is not true. But the American people will understand them better, when they see what life is like without them.

President Bush and his Congressional Republican majorities at the time cut taxes for everyone in the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts. Indeed, they cut more for lower and middle income taxpayers than they did for “the rich,” as Obama calls the nation’s job creators, investors, and successful small businesses. The top tax rate was cut by only 13%, while the lowest rate was cut by one-third, 33%.
2 posts removed

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#5162 Dec 6, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>REPORT: CIA
Anything you say, Dumbo.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#5163 Dec 6, 2012
Obamahammed wrote:
Be careful what you wish for:
We are wishing you can use few than three aliases a month

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5164 Dec 6, 2012
Obamahammed wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies, lies and more lies, post it 100 times, no one is buying it. Dumbass Obama has been president for 4 years, he owns it all:
by Thomas J. DiLorenzo
The thousands of mortgage defaults and foreclosures in the "subprime" housing market (i.e., mortgage holders with poor credit ratings) is the direct result of thirty years of government policy that has forced banks to make bad loans to un-creditworthy borrowers. The policy in question is the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which compels banks to make loans to low-income borrowers and in what the supporters of the Act call "communities of color" that they might not otherwise make based on purely economic criteria.
The original lobbyists for the CRA were the hardcore leftists who supported the Carter administration and were often rewarded for their support with government grants and programs like the CRA that they benefited from. These included various "neighborhood organizations," as they like to call themselves, such as "ACORN" (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now). These organizations claim that over $1 trillion in CRA loans have been made, although no one seems to know the magnitude with much certainty. A U.S. Senate Banking Committee staffer told me about ten years ago that at least $100 billion in such loans had been made in the first twenty years of the Act.
So-called "community groups" like ACORN benefit themselves from the CRA through a process that sounds like legalized extortion. The CRA is enforced by four federal government bureaucracies: the Fed, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The law is set up so that any bank merger, branch expansion, or new branch creation can be postponed or prohibited by any of these four bureaucracies if a CRA "protest" is issued by a "community group." This can cost banks great sums of money, and the "community groups" understand this perfectly well. It is their leverage. They use this leverage to get the banks to give them millions of dollars as well as promising to make a certain amount of bad loans in their communities.
get the Book Dumbass you Liberals own it & no one is buying it, Conservatives Know it, its you Psuedo Liberals that parade around as if your conservative.

Home Ownership and President Bush

George Bush: we want everybody in America to own their own home. That's what we want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#5165 Dec 6, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I have no problem with the so-called "New Left" in this country. I am part of it, proudly so.
ME, TOO!!! And I'm still basking in the afterglow of victory and confidence in this great nation where the people spoke, loud and clear, in the 2012 elections. I love the fact that this was such a grass roots effort that won over big money, cheating and lying to the point that the repugnantcan party is dying a slow and extremely painful death. Seeing them get exactly what they deserve makes me realize that I'm not going to stop gloating until after Hilary finishes serving her two terms.
The people have spoken. The country is going to remain in loving, caring and decent hands for many years to come.
MyEyesBled

London, KY

#5166 Dec 6, 2012
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
ME, TOO!!! And I'm still basking in the afterglow of victory and confidence in this great nation where the people spoke, loud and clear, in the 2012 elections. I love the fact that this was such a grass roots effort that won over big money, cheating and lying to the point that the repugnantcan party is dying a slow and extremely painful death. Seeing them get exactly what they deserve makes me realize that I'm not going to stop gloating until after Hilary finishes serving her two terms.
The people have spoken. The country is going to remain in loving, caring and decent hands for many years to come.
Okay--well then...when you take off your rose colored glasses of distortion--and and in reality---do NOT read the part that tells who SPENT the largest donations in History-- from big PHARMA--and we won't tell you it starts with an O.

Location hidden

#5167 Dec 6, 2012
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
From your lips.........

“have seen the years,”

#5168 Dec 6, 2012
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops! "Hilary" should have been spelled "Hillary". Sorry.

“have seen the years,”

#5169 Dec 6, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>From your lips.........
I know, it's not going to be easy. On the other hand, they're bailin', big time. These are no good samaritans we're talking about here. Logically speaking, this looks more and more like yellow-bellied abandonment of a sinking ship. Reminds me of the men who dressed in women's clothing in order to sneak onto the sinking Titanic's lifeboats with the other "women and children" who were taken off the ship first and eventually survived.

“have seen the years,”

#5170 Dec 6, 2012
MyEyesBled wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay--well then...when you take off your rose colored glasses of distortion--and and in reality---do NOT read the part that tells who SPENT the largest donations in History-- from big PHARMA--and we won't tell you it starts with an O.
Spare me.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#5171 Dec 6, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>From your lips.........
Nice avatar quote :-)

Are we not all children of one father, as it is said in religious language? Indeed, even the divinization of humanity, as an abstract totality, would not be in the spirit of that ideal. It is only to the individual that a soul is given. And the high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule, or to impose himself in any other way.(Albert E)
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#5172 Dec 6, 2012
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Spare me.
Look it up...I forgot where I read it, or I'd cite it.

"Selfish people are NEVER happy-and neither are those OPPRESSED by them" Anonymous.

Location hidden

#5173 Dec 6, 2012
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, it's not going to be easy. On the other hand, they're bailin', big time. These are no good samaritans we're talking about here. Logically speaking, this looks more and more like yellow-bellied abandonment of a sinking ship. Reminds me of the men who dressed in women's clothing in order to sneak onto the sinking Titanic's lifeboats with the other "women and children" who were taken off the ship first and eventually survived.
Somehow I can't picture John Boehner in a hoopskirt.

Location hidden

#5174 Dec 6, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice avatar quote :-)
Are we not all children of one father, as it is said in religious language? Indeed, even the divinization of humanity, as an abstract totality, would not be in the spirit of that ideal. It is only to the individual that a soul is given. And the high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule, or to impose himself in any other way.(Albert E)
Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 2 min Katrina 1,242
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min ffj 25,427
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Limbertwig 286,754
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Jacques Ottawa-O... 1,580,600
News A Celebration in the Streets, Then Screams 5 min FormerParatrooper 335
News Rural America Braces for Labor Shortages After ... 7 min Katrina 27
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 min cpeter1313 316,308
More from around the web